Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CL players , please post Your experience

Dramatic-GamerDramatic-Gamer Posts: 713 Member
I'm one of the players who really disliked the whole idea of CL because of the cuts and the disappointments that they did with it so I won't be getting it.
I want all the players who purchased CL to post Your experience with the EP & tell me how is it like playing with it , is it as good as You thought it's going to be or is it a flop like what get together did to me.

the reason why I started this post is because I was one of the people who were really excited about "Get Together" & thought it was going to be one of the best EP's brought to the sims , after playing with the pack for a while ; I was majorly disappointed with the clubs system , the night clubs & the cafe's.

so I want to know if people who were defending this pack & were really excited about it still going to enjoy it or it's going to turn out as a mess.

Please be honest & don't sugar coat anything.

see You tomw when the pack gets released <3
Youtube_Banner_2017.jpg
Post edited by Dramatic-Gamer on

Comments

• Options
    dancenow13dancenow13 Posts: 160 Member
    edited October 2016
    Loving the CAS and all the buy mode stuff (and there's lots of it)! I was surprised by how gorgeous the apartments and the views are - you really do forget that a lot of it is just backdrops. I haven't had time to dive into the gameplay yet though :)

To me it's definitely worth the money so far!
  • Options
    tasmabeltasmabel Posts: 207 Member
    edited October 2016
    I'm a TS4 "hater" so I'll give you a legitimate review sometime tomorrow ;). I pre-ordered once I could out of excitement, but I've actually been kind of upset that I did because it just looks so bare, but I guess I'll find out tonight.

I predict that I'll be super excited about CAS, build/buy things, and the new recipes. Sadly, none of that is gameplay, but I'm almost used to being disappointed at this point.

Edited because phone typos
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    Love the apartments they're my fav of the pack!!
    Cas is cute and love build buy. Wish the world was a little bit bigger tho but oh well!
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,117 Member
    edited October 2016
    Have not delved too much yet - I like the apartments a lot, I think they're really nice. The world is busy, if a little small. I like the build and buy items - particularly the new wall art. I like the CAS items on their own but I wish they had some quieter options alongside the really colourful ones (but I have no doubt CC creators will do their magic, as always).

No elevator animations is honestly a major bummer, wish they would have incorporated that.

That's it for now. I have yet to leave the apartment or go to work.
  • Options
    MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    tasmabel wrote: »
    I'm a TS4 "hater" so I'll give you a legitimate review sometime tomorrow ;). I pre-ordered once I could out of excitement, but I've actually been kind of upset that I did because it just looks so bare, but I guess I'll find out tonight.

I predict that I'll be super excited about CAS, build/buy things, and the new recipes. Sadly, none of that is gameplay, but I'm almost used to being disappointed at this point.

I've watched Deligracy's cas vid, sadly there are barely any plain swatches for all the bright clothing.
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    I will post an honest review and I won't sugar coat or hold back my complaints
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,117 Member
    edited October 2016
    MrMonty96 wrote: »

I've watched Deligracy's cas vid, sadly there are barely any plain swatches for all the bright clothing.

Yeah, I was disappointed by that - the clothes are actually really nice, but a few 'quieter' swatches would have been great.

I'm liking the clothes in City Living more than Get Together though.
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    MrMonty96 wrote: »

Yeah but we rarely ever get clothing like this, we can get plain clothing in almost any pack
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    Arletta wrote: »

Genuine question, why didn't you just cancel your pre-order then?

You can do that? Well, now I've committed to reviewing the pack!

Honestly, while I do not want to give EA more of my money, I'm pretty desperate for any new content in TS4, so I'll just grit my teeth and pay the $40 for a half-baked EP. It's sad that we are that starved for content.
  • Options
    Dramatic-GamerDramatic-Gamer Posts: 713 Member
    most of You replied to things that they watched by other Youtubers or livestreams ; I don't think that's enough when it comes to the gameplay itself because You have to play the game YOUR way & see if it actually works the way You want it or not.

Honestly, while I do not want to give EA more of my money, I'm pretty desperate for any new content in TS4, so I'll just grit my teeth and pay the $40 for a half-baked EP. It's sad that we are that starved for content.

I used to be just like You "I got every single pack so far" but decided that it's time to stop here & only should get things that I REALLY WANT and like in the future no matter how much I'm starving for content
    Youtube_Banner_2017.jpg
  • Options
    lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member

Then just wait for a sale, plus I'm sure other people will be reviewing this so you don't have to. Tbh I have a rule of thumb that if you buy a pack on release I'm counting you as a fan.
  • Options
    poisonedsodapoppoisonedsodapop Posts: 1,179 Member
    edited October 2016
    I feel like this is the most lively pack we've gotten yet. My sim always has people wanting to hang out or at her apartment. And there's so many fun festivals and everything. THE CAS ITEMS. THE BUY ITEMS. And apartments are always one of my favorite things in these games. I love it. 10/10. Ok maybe not 10/10 on the whole but for what it is, I like it. Could I have more? Yes. Do I feel like I was tricked? No. It's what I expected from the pack and from the sims team judging by what we have gotten so far.
    Hoping some day for some toddlers. But also dreading they'll never come. JK THEY ARE HERE!
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    most of You replied to things that they watched by other Youtubers or livestreams ; I don't think that's enough when it comes to the gameplay itself because You have to play the game YOUR way & see if it actually works the way You want it or not.

I used to be just like You "I got every single pack so far" but decided that it's time to stop here & only should get things that I REALLY WANT and like in the future no matter how much I'm starving for content

No, many of them do have CL and are actually playing it now.
  • Options
    lovejess2 wrote: »

Then just wait for a sale, plus I'm sure other people will be reviewing this so you don't have to. Tbh I have a rule of thumb that if you buy a pack on release I'm counting you as a fan.

I don't really care what you consider me TBH. I am a fan of The Sims franchise. I'm just also extremely disappointed with EA. Don't try and punish me for buying the game. I am still allowed to scrutinize and criticize the game. I would say especially so since I'm putting my money into it.
  • Options

Actually, I stopped after Get To Work. I didn't buy anything until a few months ago where I was like, ah why not and bit the bullet and got Get Together. I love the CAS and build things from Get Together, but I can honestly say that I regret buying it. I did get it on sale along with some stuff packs too, so I didn't feel TOO ripped off. It was the price it should have been all along lol.
  • Options
    SimChickeeSimChickee Posts: 402 Member

I preordered too and I'm in a love / hate relationship with the sims 4... it has potential but unfortunately the direction it's headed isn't good.
  • Options
    SimChickeeSimChickee Posts: 402 Member
    I went in with very little expectations, but here I am a few hours into playing and I'm already bored. The buy mode objects are AMAZING. Love the color scheme for them. There's a glitch with the head wraps where the hair peeking out isn't your sim's hair color, but other than that I do like the CAS additions.

The apartments are neat, but they really don't add anything new to gameplay. I don't think the challenging lot traits are challenging ENOUGH. The bubble blower always seemed to give really weird moodlets, but I like that it exists. The talking toilet was nice in that it's essentially a luxury toilet, but I mean *shrug* is that really a selling point for the pack?

So far, I've only been to Geekcon and all the "swag" that you can buy is some fireworks and a snow globe. It really does revolve around base game content. It's...I'm sorry, it's just plain boring.

I don't know what else to say other than it's boring and there isn't really much to do. I do like the new careers and that there is the option to work from home. I like the politician career quite a bit. I like choosing a cause and being able to check on my campaign. I like that what I'm doing matters towards something. Will it truly shape and effect the world around me? Probably not.

Singing has no value since there is no career for it. Basketball has no value for the same reason since it's just the athletic skill.

There are no new aspiration rewards and the two new traits are so shallow. They even reused the little house icon for the new aspiration trait and it's just a freaking happiness boost while being in San Myshuno. And the reward trait is that festival items cost less. That's...not worth it. Gives me absolutely no incentive to complete the aspiration.

I'll play some more and give more opinions as I do, but for now, that's what I have to say. It's just as disappointing as we expected it would be. I wouldn't buy it. I may even ask to get a refund :neutral:

I have a bad feeling it will be like that dine out or whatever EP, I will play for a day or two / up to a week and be bored with it. I hope I'll like this one, it's just hard for me to play a sims game with no toddlers, this is why I prefer sims 2 and 3.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,473 Member
    I already know I'm going to love this. I'll give my review after I play but do expect bugs. Some of the Let's Players have already expeirenced them. Even James Turner's game was freezing.
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    edited November 2016
    Singing has no value since there is no career for it.
    You can make money off singing by writing original songs and licensing them. :)
    There is a nice guild up by Carl detailing what all you can do with the new singing skill.
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    I already know I'm going to love this. I'll give my review after I play but do expect bugs. Some of the Let's Players have already expeirenced them. Even James Turner's game was freezing.

I really hope you do love it. Just because I'm very disappointed doesn't mean I don't hope others won't enjoy it. It is just very lacking for me. I will check back in after I get higher up in my politician career maybe. I don't think my opinion will change though...
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    There is a nice guild up by Carl detailing what all you can do with the new singing skill.

This is one of the things I am looking forward to most in this EP. I have 4 sims for sure that will use it. My Diana Krall being one of them. I will have to revive her from my library now that there is something new for her to do.
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    edited November 2016
    I'm actually rather alarmed to see players purchasing the EP that don't enjoy TS4. I'm excited to fire this EP up in 2 1/2 hours, but there is nothing in this EP that is going to morph the foundation of how TS4 is set up. So, if you dislike that foundation then you are not going to enjoy the EP after the newness has worn off...

... I am sincerely confused. Why on earth would you spend your money on supporting something you don't enjoy? It's your money to spend, but I am truly baffled by this sort of decision making. :/
    fullspiral wrote: »

This is one of the things I am looking forward to most in this EP. I have 4 sims for sure that will use it. My Diana Krall being one of them. I will have to revive her from my library now that there is something new for her to do.

Oooooh, don't forget to share pictures! I love it when you share screenshots, because they're always amazing!
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg