Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SIMS 4 TOOK A STEP DOWN... THEY PUSHED IT OUT TOO SOON

Comments

• Options
    ImGluedToMyComputerImGluedToMyComputer Posts: 188 Member
    Voeille wrote: »
    I play TS2 too, it really has great details and interactions, and I still find new things, like I didn’t know that toddlers can sleep in pet beds.
    VCJXfMO.png

T8NPDmF.png

HB3fo6t.png

If TS5 is already in works, the devs should sit and play TS2 for a few hours to see what a real sims game is.

Or when they played in the toilet and ate the dog food! And i can't even COUNT how many pictures of toddlers cuddling their dogs
    Soo... When do we get preteens playing in snow?
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    I play TS2 too, it really has great details and interactions, and I still find new things, like I didn’t know that toddlers can sleep in pet beds.
    VCJXfMO.png

T8NPDmF.png

HB3fo6t.png

If TS5 is already in works, the devs should sit and play TS2 for a few hours to see what a real sims game is.

Or when they played in the toilet and ate the dog food! And i can't even COUNT how many pictures of toddlers cuddling their dogs

I try not to think bout the toilet stuff they do, it just grosses me out , but the other stuff the Sims do in Sims 2, is just priceless, :)
  • Options
    VCJXfMO.png

T8NPDmF.png

HB3fo6t.png

I try not to think bout the toilet stuff they do, it just grosses me out , but the other stuff the Sims do in Sims 2, is just priceless, :)

Lol i found my sims daughter playing in the toilet i was like "OMG STOP, ANGELA GET THE MOP. THIS IS NOT HOW A LADY ACTS"
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    VCJXfMO.png

T8NPDmF.png

HB3fo6t.png

Lol i found my sims daughter playing in the toilet i was like "OMG STOP, ANGELA GET THE MOP. THIS IS NOT HOW A LADY ACTS"

OMG!! LOL Thank you so much for that it was Awesome, I laughed so much I almost fell out of My chair, hahahaha.
  • Options
    simspeaker4simspeaker4 Posts: 5,999 Member
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    While Sims 2 may be the older game, Imho, Sims 2 is more advanced than Sims 4 even if the graphics are not up to date. Sims 2 and Sims 4 are not alike except for the loading screens.

I am having so much fun with TS2 right now. Even more than I am with TS3 (and normally I <3 that game something fierce).
    I am a perfectly decrepit withered old hag who enjoys self-mockery.

Need help falling asleep? http://wry7000.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    While Sims 2 may be the older game, Imho, Sims 2 is more advanced than Sims 4 even if the graphics are not up to date. Sims 2 and Sims 4 are not alike except for the loading screens.

I am having so much fun with TS2 right now. Even more than I am with TS3 (and normally I <3 that game something fierce).
    Yes, Sims 2 will always be special to me because it has depth to it, Sims 3 is good too but it is less quirky than Sims 2 and Sims 4 while not all bad just do not keep me drawn to it.

Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    I couldn't agree more OP.
    This version of the sims is simple awful. So many missed marks and lazy features. Missing life stages and lack of variety.
    Just when you think EA will do something to make it better they announce " Get Together part 2"... I mean 'City life'.. where you can't even build your own apartment building, high-rises without elevators, because they would be 'too hard to make'! Go back and take notes from The Sims 2!!!!
    Ugh TS4 annoys me so much. Junk.

Umm how is Get Together anything like City Life it wasn't a Nightlife EP it was ways for friends and family to connect better.

Connect Better? really most of My sims do not even know each other, even in families, so how is that better? and yes I made them all related before I put them into the game, face it Sims 4 does not cut it when it comes to connecting relationships.
    Connect better like do more things together as a group I never said the relationship would be fixed if they went out together.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    VCJXfMO.png

T8NPDmF.png

HB3fo6t.png

OMG!! LOL Thank you so much for that it was Awesome, I laughed so much I almost fell out of My chair, hahahaha.

Lol lets all lock the toddlers out of the bathrooms
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    edited October 2016
    Veola2013 wrote: »
    These reasons are why I say Sims 4 shouldn't be called Sims 4 it really should be called Sims 2...because it took a major step down as far as game play/and the plum loading screen for everything.

Lol. you serioulsy lost me there. S2 is far richer in gameplay than S4. Seriously. Try it sometime. Heck, even 1 is richer. I don't really get why you have to insult previous games when the issue clearly lies with the present game (or the way you made it sound: that it isn't Sims 3? Seriously?)
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    These reasons are why I say Sims 4 shouldn't be called Sims 4 it really should be called Sims 2...because it took a major step down as far as game play/and the plum loading screen for everything.

Lol. you serioulsy lost me there. S2 is far richer in gameplay than S4. Seriously. Try it sometime. Heck, even 1 is richer. I don't really get why you have to insult previous games when the issue clearly lies with the present game (or the way you made it sound: that it isn't Sims 3? Seriously?)

I agree this person REALLY needs to see what other games had, and experience the authenticity that previous games had
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Welcome to the forums, OP :smile:

I am sorry that you are disappointed with TS4 but I don't think that you are the only one.

It is hoped by a few of us here (I cannot speak for everyone) that there will be a The Sims 5 in a few years time and it is hopped that it would be better and could help revive some of what was great in TS3 and move the series forward but it would be a few years yet.
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Nadja55Nadja55 Posts: 66 Member
    My dream: I was hoping of getting a new overwhelming and breathtaking game, when TS4 came out. Like when I was looking forward to TS3. It was so far from what we were used to have in TS2, and it felt like a step forward, right into the future.
    My dream were shockingly crusched into pieces, and I totally agree that TS4 is a huge step backwards for players like me, though there´s Simmers that loves this game.
    I hope in a near future the Sims frenchise will rise up and give me my dream back by annaouncing another new Sims game that will make ALL of us Simmers happy.
    Til then I will simply hanging on to my previous games and be happy with that.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member

Maybe they mean it feels like a successor for Sims 1, not Sims 2 and 3. I wouldn't agree with that either though, because I think Sims 1 is a quite different kind of game than the successors and the very reason Sims 2, 3 and 4 were even developed in the first place. It's hard for me to form an opinion about Sims 1 objectively because I played it so briefly, but I don't think anyone ever complained about it being boring or the game having shortcomings back then, or needing all this DLC to be able to enjoy it.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Nadja55 wrote: »
    My dream: I was hoping of getting a new overwhelming and breathtaking game, when TS4 came out. Like when I was looking forward to TS3. It was so far from what we were used to have in TS2, and it felt like a step forward, right into the future.
    My dream were shockingly crusched into pieces, and I totally agree that TS4 is a huge step backwards for players like me, though there´s Simmers that loves this game.
    I hope in a near future the Sims frenchise will rise up and give me my dream back by annaouncing another new Sims game that will make ALL of us Simmers happy.
    Til then I will simply hanging on to my previous games and be happy with that.

The sims 2 with the sims 4 graphics= perfection
  • Options
    SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    Sims 4 creators are not only missing things that made Sims 3 great but from playing this game for 239 hours so far... im disappointed with game play.

LOADING TO GO ACROSS THE STREET?!! REALLY??!!
    How do you go from driving to lots in the Sims neighborhood to just bringing up a loading screen for everything. You shouldn't have to load the screen to go anywhere in your neighborhood. It really should show the Sims in transit whether they are walking or driving. The only time I wouldn't be mad if the loading screen appeared is if you were going to a different neighborhood; even then the loading screen could be something fun like [hands holding a steering wheel and scenery passing by like what you would see when looking out a window while driving].

MARRYING A SIM/DIVORCING A SIM
    How come last names don't change or at least have an option to change your last name to your mates? Where is the option to move out or purchase another home like Sims 3? My sims divorced her husband and he couldn't move out on his own. This was very unrealistic...there used to be options for moving a sim out.

NO TODDLERS
    the babies go from infants to children...this is just lazy and not realistic at all. You should not need a Expansion Pack to see this stage of life. Its bad enough that the pregnancies are short with no options to extend for sims with a longer life span. Pregnancies should match your sims life span.

HEIGHT ADJUSTMENTS
    the teens being the same height as adults is dumb and lazy. Every Sim in the Sims 4 world is the same height and thats annoying (this should be an advanced feature to take a step up from The Sims 3).

COMMUNITY LOTS
    where are the hospitals and beaches??? In Sims 3 you didn't need an Expansion Pack to get these lots and interact on these lots. I purchased the Get To Work Expansion Pack expecting it would come with the lots advertised but I still don't see a hospital or police station (nothing but retail stores).

SIMS IN THE SIMS 4 AREN'T AS AWARE OF OBJECTS Or SIMS WHEN COMPLETING A TASK....
    An Example;) My sim went to sit down while drinking and sat directly in another sim. 2). My sim was standing in front of the refrigerator getting something out and another sims came up from behind and went through my sim to get something out the refrigerator "ANNOYING". The Sims 4 creators really need to fix this. It happens a lot*

THE CAMERA CONTROLS SUCK FOR SIMS 4
    You should be able to tilt, go back, go forth, and rotate the camera all from the mouse like Sims 3...even though it has an option to use the Sims 3 camera (It still doesn't work like the Sims 3 Camera) you have to use the keyboard to tilt. "I REALLY HATE THE CAMERA CONTROLS".

BTW
    Sometimes the loading music doesn't even stop and I have to play with the annoying background music or start the game all over again. This plum

Loading to go across the street: This was done in Sims 2 also, but is definitely a step down from Sims 3.
    No toddlers: Definitely a disappointment compared to Sims 2 and Sims 3, and widely complained about. At this point, I don't even know if they CAN add them to Sims 4. Then again, if they can add pets, they should be able to add toddlers. Will we get both at the same time??

Height adjustments: This was done so that teens could use the same animations and clothes as adults, for the most part, and other animations could be added to the game instead of having to create completely new animations for teens. Still, although some teens are the height of adults IRL, there should be some better way of telling Sims teens apart from Sims adults - give them more childish faces or something. That is what InTeenimator for Sims 1 did, though it did it poorly - literally using child heads on adult bodies.

Community Lots: There are no beaches in Sims 4 yet, sadly, though I hope they add this in an upcoming game pack or expansion pack. Get to Work did indeed come with a hospital, science lab and police station, but only Sims in the applicable active careers can visit those lots, with the reported exception of Sims in labor being able to visit a hospital (I haven't verified Sims in labor for myself in my game yet, but I have tried out all the active careers).

Sims 4 Sims aren't as Aware: This needs to be reported as glitch when it happens, and hopefully they will fix some of these issues in future patches. Mods can fix some of this, but they need to be removed and manually updated by the player every time the game is patched or a new EP/GP/SP is installed.

Music Glitch: Usually if I have my Sim in a household with this music glitch travel to another lot, the music syncs up and the duplicate music stops playing once I reach the lot they travelled to. This problem mostly happens to me on first loading a Sim household I have just rotated to.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • Options
    VoeilleVoeille Posts: 474 Member

No, I definitely don’t want plastic dolls in their plastic universe again, I really dislike TS4 art style. I’d like something like TS Medieval with very detailed high quality textures instead.
    And to this day TS2 still doesn’t look bad in my opinion, especially with mods and CC (and I don’t even use that much CC nowadays, most of it isn’t even real CC, but conversions from TS Castaway).
    iZmx6zP.png

Pt8RN2c.png

Is8ifLA.png

2S9LBnX.png

k4ivprt.png

OGnK7xK.png

FUvtLDn.png

hNyUyLW.png

VN2vbxn.png
    “Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
    Pond & Sea Water Overhaul (TS2)
    Simblr (my TS2 CC)
    MTS Profile
  • Options
    NicoFilippoNicoFilippo Posts: 82 Member
    I agree with the loading screens, todlers and the hight adjustments. That's something that could make TS4 more realistic. But, I am a teen in rear life, and I am higher than my dad and mum, so there's no way of telling the hight.

I also like the surname changing you started. unrealistic -_-

About the lots... You can get to those lots only on some occasions, I belive. So, that's unrealistic too. Also, you mentioned beaches. You can't swim in ocean ;(

I never had that stucking bug, but I know there is a cheat to un-stuck your sim.

And those camera controls... Well... I played The Sims 3 a lot before TS4 came out, and I am glad that the creators of the game inplented the TS3 Camera controls. I use it a lot, and I'm happy with that. You can try to use it too ;)

There is a room for improvenment in TS4, and I hope the creators won't leave it blank.
    nicofilippo_gameplay.png
    Click My Signature to see my sim's blog!
  • Options
    Evil_OneEvil_One Posts: 4,423 Member
    Bagoas77 wrote: »
    They didn't just push it out too soon. They took it out all weeping and sniveling and blinking, whacked it in the back of the head with a baseball bat mafia-style, pushed it down the stairs into an unfinished basement, and poured cement on top of it.

And then they got really nasty.
    raw
  • Options

No, I definitely don’t want plastic dolls in their plastic universe again, I really dislike TS4 art style. I’d like something like TS Medieval with very detailed high quality textures instead.
    And to this day TS2 still doesn’t look bad in my opinion, especially with mods and CC (and I don’t even use that much CC nowadays, most of it isn’t even real CC, but conversions from TS Castaway).
    iZmx6zP.png

Pt8RN2c.png

Is8ifLA.png

2S9LBnX.png

k4ivprt.png

OGnK7xK.png

FUvtLDn.png

hNyUyLW.png

VN2vbxn.png

Personally i like the sims 4 graphics, i just wish the hair looked different and moved but we all have different tastes
  • Options
    NotLoudonWainwrightNotLoudonWainwright Posts: 863 Member
    You've played the game for nearly 10 days of your life. Clearly you can't be that disappointed with it.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

Maybe they mean it feels like a successor for Sims 1, not Sims 2 and 3. I wouldn't agree with that either though, because I think Sims 1 is a quite different kind of game than the successors and the very reason Sims 2, 3 and 4 were even developed in the first place. It's hard for me to form an opinion about Sims 1 objectively because I played it so briefly, but I don't think anyone ever complained about it being boring or the game having shortcomings back then, or needing all this DLC to be able to enjoy it.

Nope, exactly. I played both TS1 and TS2 with erm .. 1 EP for each? Never really needed more... I'm feeling nostalgic now ha ;)
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    You've played the game for nearly 10 days of your life. Clearly you can't be that disappointed with it.

Erm ... look, if I spend anywhere between 30 and 60 bucks on a game, I want it to entertain me longer than 10 days total. That's really very little replay value. I've played things like Rayman & Mario Kart halfway through my youth and never once got bored, so I don't think 10 days entertainment is good value for money in the gaming industry ... :)

Well said :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    doedeardoedear Posts: 303 Member
    yeah i think most people are aware of no toddlers in this game, not really a new complaint.