Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SIMS 4 TOOK A STEP DOWN... THEY PUSHED IT OUT TOO SOON

Comments

• Options
    sugarskullzxoxosugarskullzxoxo Posts: 3 New Member
    I bought City Living during the holiday sale a couple days ago, and after 5 minutes of playing, I'm like "Yep. I've seen it all." I'm already bored.
  • Options
    Evil_OneEvil_One Posts: 4,423 Member
    I bought City Living during the holiday sale a couple days ago, and after 5 minutes of playing, I'm like "Yep. I've seen it all." I'm already bored.

The trouble is that most of the new EPs, SPs and GPs are either new furnishings, hairstyles, clothes, ETC (things that can just as easily be added via CC), or reused game content from the base game... The new 'concepts' are just different ways of arranging that content be it social or object based.

There's nothing really 'new' there, because of the rigid foundation its build upon and so no matter how much you buy it's always going to bore.
    raw
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    blueturtleotterblueturtleotter Posts: 867 Member

I could only manage to play City Living for 5 minutes too.
  • Options
    Andy Wilson's "Players First" = "Get an unfinished game in the hands of the Players First".

You sure it isn't "Get the players money first, before they realise how bad the game is"?
    raw
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    edited December 2016
    Evil_One wrote: »
    Andy Wilson's "Players First" = "Get an unfinished game in the hands of the Players First".

You sure it isn't "Get the players money first, before they realise how bad the game is"?

You can only pull that wool over someone's eyes so many times though.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,537 Member
    edited January 2017
    The worst part as a storyteller is my sims won't look at each other when speaking. They'll address the other sim who isn't asking the question or getting angry. It's plummed up. Now, I almost exclusively use poses, even for regular conversation! That's pathetic and a step backward.

It is a pain for story tellers.
    Musical chairs and multitasking also makes things difficult.
    And you also have that annoying time and date naming system for screenshots: 02-05-16_7-50-51 AM.png
    That AM/PM bit can get your pictures out of sequence. Why not just have Screenshot 01?
    Post edited by CK213 on
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    CK213 wrote: »
    The worst part as a storyteller is my sims won't look at each other when speaking. They'll address the other sim who isn't asking the question or getting angry. It's plummed up. Now, I almost exclusively use poses, even for regular conversation! That's pathetic and a step backward.

It is a pain for story tellers.
    Musical chairs and multitasking also makes things difficult.
    And you also have that annoying time and date naming system for screenshots: 02-05-16_7-50-51 AM.png
    That AM/PM bit can get your pictures out of sequence. Why not just have Screenshot 0?

It's really strange... Almost like they've gone out of their way to upset Sims fans in every little way they can find.
    raw
  • Options
    MrHawkMrHawk Posts: 4,345 Member
    edited January 2017
    ^^Or, more likely, every litte step was poorly considered and the consequence is the consistent irritation.

If you only half consider a concept, it will always eventuate to be only a quarter of its possibility at a maximum. Think through something and you might hit as high as eighty percent possibility.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    Evil_One wrote: »

You can only pull that wool over someone's eyes so many times though.

Urgh, he's still touting that line? What a load. It's always "Money First" with EA. Always.
    The only thing their players are good to them for, is laying blame on them.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    RainCloudFairyRainCloudFairy Posts: 4 New Member
    I hate the way the genes are set up now. like I used to love how in sims three if my sims had pink or blue or whatever hair and eyes my kids would have them too. Now I have normal haired kids and it's just so....boring.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    The right mouse button is my friend in Sims 4, I really have no complaints concerning the camera. I like the TS 3 camera as well (in Sims 3, not in Sims 4). One thing I love in TS4 is how I can pull up walls in tab. One of those 'darn' moments whenever I play Sims 3 now. I do prefer in 3 how nothing in the game changed when I've gone into CAS. The position of the camera is the same and my sims stand frozen the way I left them. That's not the case in Sims 4 for some reason.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    edited February 2017
    @JoAnne65 you can put the walls up and down in 3 with the End and Home keys.

And I absolutely hate the TS4 camera. I use the TS3 camera in 4 and I still feel like I'm doing nothing the whole time I'm playing except fighting with the camera to see my sims. It's like the mouse just refuses to control that camera. :/

Apparently with TS4 there is no persistent state saved anywhere in the game. I read a guru say something to the effect that when you go back to live mode, the game is supposed to be calculating what the sims would be doing (instead of saving them exactly as they were). This was a reply in response to sims always standing on the sidewalk when players went back to the household (something was obviously going wrong with the calculations!).
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited February 2017
    @JoAnne65 you can put the walls up and down in 3 with the End and Home keys.

And I absolutely hate the TS4 camera. I use the TS3 camera in 4 and I still feel like I'm doing nothing the whole time I'm playing except fighting with the camera to see my sims. It's like the mouse just refuses to control that camera. :/

Apparently with TS4 there is no persistent state saved anywhere in the game. I read a guru say something to the effect that when you go back to live mode, the game is supposed to be calculating what the sims would be doing (instead of saving them exactly as they were). This was a reply in response to sims always standing on the sidewalk when players went back to the household (something was obviously going wrong with the calculations!).

Amazed.gif

In tab you mean!?!?!

Yes, what you describe there is what I see. They're not standing on the sidewalk anymore fortunately, but when I start playing in the night, leaving them asleep, when I reopen the game they step into bed. Or sometimes not even that, but they're awake and not sleepy anymore. And when I took an aging toddler into CAS (something I do in TS3 all the time) the game glitched and threw me back a day prior, my sim pregnant again but her toddler there (who turned out to be a random kid, not hers).

I'm fine with the TS4 camera though (I use the TS4 camera), I like the turning with that right button. And you can also tilt the camera that way.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    While there are a few things I like better in Sims4(mostly in CAS), I feel that Sims2 is by far the better game - whether we're talking CAS, game play, buy/build modes, Body Shop, seamless acceptance of CC (actually encouraged), extensive written documentation that was available when the game/EP was, players actually in control, light years better management of in game snapshots, camera control, everything really. I was one of the first to play Sims1, had every pack, and thought it fabulous. Sims2 came out, and I was on it immediately and it is still my #1 game. Never got into 3, too many things I didn't like. I was hoping that 4 would pick up where 2 left off and make it even better. Wrong. It has potential, but has a long way to go.

There are 3 main issues that bother me, two of which have made the game nearly unplayable. One came with vampires, specifically that even my non Forgotten Hollow neighborhoods are overrun with townie vampires, essentially half the population. Not only is such a ratio unrealistic in vampire terms, but it severely reduces drinking options for any playable vampires one may have, and (my major complaint on this) ensures that the homes of my regular sims are invaded at a ratio of 2 nights in 3 with the sims attacked. There is no defense, not even if one or more household members are vampires. Whether bug or poorly thought out coding, it needs to be addressed promptly. The other major problem affecting playability is that the 'game' is more like a cartoon movie we occasionally may provide input for. All households are running, not just the one being played, which messes everything up royally. The most extreme case I've found to date is that in a household of a married couple I have not played in a while they have managed to add a baby to the family. Thing is, wife was not even pregnant when I last played said household. In Sims2, you saved a household, everybody stayed put until you played that household again, so you could easily pick up where you left off. Now, there is no knowing what you will find, or if the sims will even be there. Note: aging is turned off and there is no CC at all.

The third, while not a stopper, is annoying as I am a writer and like to tell stories with the Sims via taking pictures. Sims2 has an excellent system, linking the shots to the relevant households, displays them in order taken, and has adequate space for caption writing. Sims4 has none of this. To refer to CK213's comment, it doesn't matter if the photos are in the current date system or renumbered into a logical sequence. The 'manager' will still not display them in proper order. Have proven that by experimentation. This is really unfortunate, for back when there was a Sims2 website there was a major section devoted to the stories the players were making by still photos and videos, and there was some very impressive and creative material there.

If memory serves, Sims2 came out while Will Wright was still running the Maxis show, not the 'suits' at EA corporate. Perhaps the various posters commenting on greed and such are onto something.
  • Options
    LissmelsLissmels Posts: 79 Member
    The sims 2.5
  • Options
    DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    More like The Sims 0.5
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    More like The Sims 0.5

The Sims -1? :no_mouth:

Just joking. I hope that The Sims 5 will at the very least be The Sims 3.5 :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    CiholloCihollo Posts: 1 New Member
    Sims 3 was much better...instead of changing features that made Sims 3 such an upgrade from sims 2 they should have listened to the actual gamers and the suggestions we had. I hate this version so much...i wish i could return this 40$ waste of my money. Im just waiting for my sims 3 in the mail. I just think in the rush to oversimplify the game they actually made it more complex for someone whose been playing Sims since it was just a building game...and saw how certain features never changed..n when they did change features it was little changes not everything....i think im too stuck in my old ways to learn this game when i feel like sims 3 is much better..i don't see the point...and i also HATE the transgender option...I understand why they included it...but i HATE it none the less
  • Options
    SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited February 2017
    I am furious to see people said the sims 4 = the sims 2.5 no no and not ! I enjoy the sims 2. I loved it as soon as I put my disc in my computer my testing with ts4 is I still thinking of buying it or waiting for a potential TS5.
    If the sims 4 were the sims 2.5 I probably buy it now and enjoy it.

No matter the sims game you play you have to self-adapt because you always lack of something that could be easily added. The dev teams aren't the same and they aren't the same point of view. For comparing ts2 to ts3 we lack a lot of ts2 stuffs that could be easily added in the sims 3 the dev team didn't think it could worth because they say no !
    It's a little bit the same for the bailifs in the sims 4. The current devs team said no because it was their wish, not ours. I never see bailifs in my sims 3 game despite I was too poor to pay the bills so the gameplay rather freeze until I got enough money instead of sending me this horrible guy. I wanted him ahaha just for bringing more drama. But this idea plenty of players want him back I swear just because why not ! o:)
    People enjoy the sims 4 because they like the way it was built and made. If you are bored, put it aside for good. The world will continue to spin.

Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • Options
    millerolsenmillerolsen Posts: 629 Member
    Veola2013 wrote: »
    Sims 4 creators are not only missing things that made Sims 3 great but from playing this game for 239 hours so far... im disappointed with game play.

LOADING TO GO ACROSS THE STREET?!! REALLY??!!
    How do you go from driving to lots in the Sims neighborhood to just bringing up a loading screen for everything. You shouldn't have to load the screen to go anywhere in your neighborhood. It really should show the Sims in transit whether they are walking or driving. The only time I wouldn't be mad if the loading screen appeared is if you were going to a different neighborhood; even then the loading screen could be something fun like [hands holding a steering wheel and scenery passing by like what you would see when looking out a window while driving].

MARRYING A SIM/DIVORCING A SIM
    How come last names don't change or at least have an option to change your last name to your mates? Where is the option to move out or purchase another home like Sims 3? My sims divorced her husband and he couldn't move out on his own. This was very unrealistic...there used to be options for moving a sim out.

NO TODDLERS
    the babies go from infants to children...this is just lazy and not realistic at all. You should not need a Expansion Pack to see this stage of life. Its bad enough that the pregnancies are short with no options to extend for sims with a longer life span. Pregnancies should match your sims life span.

HEIGHT ADJUSTMENTS
    the teens being the same height as adults is dumb and lazy. Every Sim in the Sims 4 world is the same height and thats annoying (this should be an advanced feature to take a step up from The Sims 3).

COMMUNITY LOTS
    where are the hospitals and beaches??? In Sims 3 you didn't need an Expansion Pack to get these lots and interact on these lots. I purchased the Get To Work Expansion Pack expecting it would come with the lots advertised but I still don't see a hospital or police station (nothing but retail stores).

SIMS IN THE SIMS 4 AREN'T AS AWARE OF OBJECTS Or SIMS WHEN COMPLETING A TASK....
    An Example;) My sim went to sit down while drinking and sat directly in another sim. 2). My sim was standing in front of the refrigerator getting something out and another sims came up from behind and went through my sim to get something out the refrigerator "ANNOYING". The Sims 4 creators really need to fix this. It happens a lot*

THE CAMERA CONTROLS SUCK FOR SIMS 4
    You should be able to tilt, go back, go forth, and rotate the camera all from the mouse like Sims 3...even though it has an option to use the Sims 3 camera (It still doesn't work like the Sims 3 Camera) you have to use the keyboard to tilt. "I REALLY HATE THE CAMERA CONTROLS".

These reasons are why I say Sims 4 shouldn't be called Sims 4 it really should be called Sims 2...because it took a major step down as far as game play/and the plum loading screen for everything.

BTW
    Sometimes the loading music doesn't even stop and I have to play with the annoying background music or start the game all over again. This plum

There is an option to switch sims to different households, just go onto household management and click on Transfer Sims.
    moss

• Options
    angiedollangiedoll Posts: 3 New Member
    I started playing during The Sims 2. Loved it

The Sims 3 had many improvements and I absolutely loved it. I especially liked all the designing features and using your creativity.

Then we have the Sims 4 which was a major disappointment from me. I can only hope the devs listen to the feedback and improve with the Sims 5. They have lost me and this used to be my #1 favorite game.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Still play Sims2 and still love it! Time to time try 4 and keep hitting the split decision - some things in it are really great (CAS, for instance), and other things are downright stupid. As in what where they thinking, if they were? To name a few: concurrent passage of time, instead of Sims2 sequential; townie vampires; the FUBAR type of screenshot 'manager' instead of the great one in Sims2 (even Sims1 was better); various kitchen items can be put only on specific (and not mentioned) surfaces; no police & firefighters, no memory system, took years to get toddlers in, hostility to and lack of lack of compatibility with CC/mods - Sims2 welcomed both with open arms; readily available information on what is really in a pack and how to make the best use of it. It should not take a lot of hunting on either these forums or the internet in general to get answers to basic questions. I could go on, but you get the idea, especially since similar feelings are rife in posting after posting. I've never seen a game before where there was so much gut level unhappiness. One expects problems needing answers, one does not expect dismay, despair, and disgust - especially at the level so prevalent here. I do hope things turn around for the better, and I don't mean more 'goodies'.
  • Options
    tammer400tammer400 Posts: 647 Member
    Tbh it I like the sims 4 and you did purchase get to work right so the hospital is under the medical career and the police station is under dectitve career and if you have a baby you have an option of going to the hospital and having the baby. And the loading screens are part the engine sims 4 runs it is tad annoying at first but they go by quick. Also go to household management tab in the manage worlds and click the family you wanna edit and hit the two arrow going in the opposite direction and that'll help you split household up. Oh and toddlers are in the sims 4 now and really well done you should try them. I do agree that the realse date of the sims 4 was kinda rushed. But ya again you are comparing two different games with two different engines. EA prob choose some of the option like no open world or no color wheel and loading screens to prob make the game easier to run and more accessible to simmers who would like to play.