Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Day & Knight 4/29

Comments

• Options
    Leeuska1Leeuska1 Posts: 59 Member

Alex is so handsome! He definitelly had surgery...poor Knight don't know how to process new facts, he should take it slow, not to hurry to date somebody...
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Leeuska1 wrote: »
    Alex is so handsome! He definitelly had surgery...poor Knight don't know how to process new facts, he should take it slow, not to hurry to date somebody...

You're right. He's in knee-jerk mode because seeing Alex has opened an old wound and made it bleed. We'll see what happens.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Chapter 1.37

Alex

The cool autumn breeze whipped through me as I strode to the trendy Asian restaurant. I was excited to see my sister. She finally got a job here in San Myshuno and would be within two blocks of me every day for work. I was so proud of her. It was a tough field, being a fashion designer. When she had told me three years ago she was changing her major, I was against it. Making it in that field was even tougher than being a writer. But with Chiandra’s connections and her talent, she got offers from many major brands and now she’s in her dream job.

To celebrate me getting my MFA in creative writing and her job, we decided to splurge at this exclusive place.

Screenshot_239_1.jpg

I found Bri already seated at a nice table and sat down next to her.

She leaned in and said, “You dyed your hair. Looks great! Was that Chiandra’s idea?”

Screenshot_247_1.jpg

I sighed and smiled. “You know, not everything I do is Chiandra’s idea. I decided to do it on my own. My hairdresser talked me into it. Glad you like it. I’ll probably keep it for a while. How’ve you been?”

Screenshot_246_2.jpg

She almost jumped out of her seat. “I’ve got great news. Ben and I are getting married!”

Screenshot_252_1.jpg

This news wasn’t a shock. I smirked. “What took the guy so long to ask?”

“Oh, Alex, stop being an overprotective brother. You know he wanted to make sure we both got jobs and were settled. Now that I’ve got one near him, we can live here together.”

I beamed. “I’m happy for you, Bri. I really am. When’s the date?”

“In four months. Hey, we want to celebrate it with you and your significant other. Can you go out with us next weekend?”

Screenshot_256_2.jpg

When she said “significant other” my immediate thoughts went to Knight. And that hadn’t happened in years. Seeing him sent me off a cliff. I couldn’t stop thinking about him. “You know I don’t have one of those, Bri. I can go alone.”

Screenshot_251_1.jpg

“Chiandra is a significant other.”

I squinted at her. “No she isn’t. She’s my friend. Not a girlfriend. There’s a difference.”

“Alex, you see her practically every day. You can’t tell me you haven’t developed feelings for her.”

I couldn’t believe the nonsense she was babbling. “Bri, your best friend is Jada. You lived with her for four years. Did you develop feelings for her? No. Just because I had my operation and have transitioned completely doesn’t mean I will automatically change and start liking women. In fact, it’s done the opposite. I have more attraction than ever to men.”

“Then why don’t you date? I thought it was because you liked Chiandra.”

Screenshot_260_1.jpg

I took a sip of my wine. I didn’t like where this conversation was going. I wasn’t sure if I was ready to date, but lately, I’d been feeling it was time to start.

Screenshot_259_1.jpg

She didn’t wait for me to answer. “I have a coworker who would be perfect for you, Alex. He’s your type all the way. Not feminine at all, and he likes sports and skateboarding and he even does kickboxing from time to time. Can I set you up with him? Please?”

Screenshot_261_1.jpg

I didn’t answer her because I wasn’t sure if I wanted to be set up.

She went on, “I’ll get you a picture of him tomorrow. He’s funny, too. He’ll make you laugh. Oh, Alex, say yes! It will be fun and it will mean a lot to me to go out as a double date. We’ve never done that.”

Screenshot_265_1.jpg

Finally, I said, “I’ll think about it.”

Screenshot_264_1.jpg

Knight

I went in head first with the dating thing from SimMatch.com. I met Jett and chatted with him for a while so I decided it was time to meet. We hit it off instantly.

Screenshot_266_1.jpg

It was nice having someone to talk to and eat dinner with. I’d been missing that part of my life so much.

Screenshot_268_1.jpg

And the physical aspect was amazing. I was really happy.

Screenshot_271_1.jpg

But after a while, it grew stale. Jett was selfish, needy, and very materialistic. By the end of the month, I couldn’t take it anymore and cut things off.

He was so p*issed, I thought he was going to throw things at me.

Screenshot_273_1.jpg

Then I met Daniel. He was one of the most beautiful men I’d ever seen next to Alex. We met at a club and we had an instant attraction.

Screenshot_275_1.jpg

Screenshot_278_1.jpg

But again, after a month, I realized things weren’t going to work out. He was the same age as Alex was when I’d met him—twenty-five. And that was seven years younger than me now. We were at different stages of life and it showed.

I didn’t want to hurt him like I did Jett, but he could feel me pulling away. Finally, we’d had it out. He was so hurt, he pushed me and told me to go to h*ll. I deserved it. I’d been such a d*ck to him lately.

Screenshot_280_1.jpg

I hated to see him cry, but it was better this way. I didn’t run after him.

Screenshot_284_1.jpg

I wondered if I was going to be stuck alone my whole life. Why couldn’t dating be so easy like it was with Alex?

I was beginning to believe it was impossible.

Screenshot_283_1.jpg

Until Grayson entered my life.

He was the chief of my R & D team at my corporation and we’d been meeting together about work for the past few months. Grayson and his team were on the brink of developing genomic medicine where we will be able to identify and treat cancers even before they grow in the body. He was so excited about it. I got the vibe that he was gay over the weeks, but was too scared to ask him out. It was different with the dating sites where I only saw men who were gay. But here in the real world, I had no clue. This was new for me so I decided to take a chance. If he was offended, I’d be embarrassed but that wouldn’t last long.

I’d been watching him test a solution for a while. He was so focused, I wasn’t sure if I should bother him.

“Uh, Grayson?”

Pulling up a test tube, he looked intently on it. “Hmm?”

Screenshot_288_1.jpg

“I was wondering if you wanted to catch a movie with me after work?”

5SlClUi.jpg

He hit some buttons on the lab equipment.

I didn’t think he heard me, so I went on. “You know, um, maybe afterwards we could get something to eat. I know of a new place that just opened up close to here or we could go to my restaurant. Whatever you want.”

MzETAqC.jpg

He swirled the test tube. “Are you asking me out?”

cuSFpiH.jpg

The way he said it, I wasn’t sure if he was offended or not, so I played it off. “Um, well, yeah, but if you’re not into me, I get it. We can go as friends. I just want to get to know you better is all.”

eDeX2cA.jpg

He put down the beaker and held me with his eyes making my stomach quiver. “I’ve been waiting for weeks for you to ask me out, Knight. I’d love to.”

R5nqNwl.jpg
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    I think and this time you'll leave him, Knight... :/ Well... I am waiting for the happy end when they both will understand that they can't change each other ;)
  • Options
    WitcHazardWitcHazard Posts: 1,209 Member
    edited October 2016
    Alex be careful blind dates always have some kind of issue you never notice upfront. Grayson is adorable! I feel like Knight needs this I approve! Everyone needs that almost perfect relationship before you realize it's not the same as the love you lost. And is just enough kick in the butt you need to fix things with your real perfect match
  • Options
    I think and this time you'll leave him, Knight... :/ Well... I am waiting for the happy end when they both will understand that they can't change each other ;)

We should hit them both upside the head. Maybe someone will... :p
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    WitcHazard wrote: »
    Alex be careful blind dates always have some kind of issue you never notice upfront. Grayson is adorable! I feel like Knight needs this I approve! Everyone needs that almost perfect relationship before you realize it's not the same as the love you lost. And is just enough kick in the butt you need to fix things with your real perfect match

Glad you approve...Grayson is very sweet and you're right...it's what Knight needs atm. We' ll see about Alex's date!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    I like Grayson too. He's so cute and nerdy. And he's already working for the family, right?
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • Options
    Maladi777 wrote: »
    I like Grayson too. He's so cute and nerdy. And he's already working for the family, right?

Yep. Antonio will be VERY happy with this relationship. ;)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    HerosesimsHerosesims Posts: 186 Member
    At least Knight seems happier than he has been :neutral:
  • Options
    Herosesims wrote: »
    At least Knight seems happier than he has been :neutral:

You're very right. He is happy now. :)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    SterretjeeeSterretjeee Posts: 3,019 Member
    I forgot to bookmark this and wondered why it didn't update. Silly me. But hey! I binge-read all of the amazing tear-jerking chapters and all I can say is:STOP BLOWING HOLES IN MY SHIP! :lol:
    Seriously, I love this story <3
  • Options
    I forgot to bookmark this and wondered why it didn't update. Silly me. But hey! I binge-read all of the amazing tear-jerking chapters and all I can say is:STOP BLOWING HOLES IN MY SHIP! :lol:
    Seriously, I love this story <3

LOL! Glad you found it again...sorry to blow holes...I know the ship Knightday is taking water right now...ha! Just a warning...more cannonballs to come. :smirk:
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    AllyTod13AllyTod13 Posts: 114 Member
    I don't know why but I like Grayson already :) I am still rooting for Knight and Alex but I have a good feeling about Grayson.
  • Options
    Tavek36Tavek36 Posts: 25 New Member

@pammiechick If you won't, I will!
  • Options
    Tavek36 wrote: »

@pammiechick If you won't, I will!

*holds a baseball bat* use this if they ignore the original hit.

IM JOKING I WOULD NEVER HURT THEM
  • Options
    TheGeekGamezTheGeekGamez Posts: 706 Member
    I feel like the both of them need a hug rather than a smack on the head.
  • Options
    I feel like the both of them need a hug rather than a smack on the head.

for sure
  • Options
    Niemalyn97Niemalyn97 Posts: 76 Member
    Oh my goodness, Knight. You found some attractive guys on that site. I'm jealous. XD
    I'm happy that Bri and Ben are engaged, but I'm worried that Kyle is going to swing in...
    Also, I can't believe that I've been sitting here, happily reading, and your avatar was new Alex... the whole time. :lol:
    Anyway, I can't wait for more! :smiley:
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Chapter 1.38

Knight

It’d been six weeks since Grayson and I started dating and I could honestly say I hadn’t been happier in a long time. He was smart, beautiful, and had a subtle humor that really caught me off guard at times. It was so much fun watching him work, too. He was such an intense, driven person, it made me so proud to have him running the lab for me. And having Pops on board with this relationship was a bonus. He wouldn’t get in our way if we grew serious.

rdR0I3O.jpg

I loved to sneak up on Grayson while he was in the middle of something. It would drive him nuts.

Slipping my hands around his waist, my voice rumbled in his ear, “I think it’s time for a break.”

RaVWffk.jpg

“I think it’s not,” he said, but I could feel him leaning into me.

I tightened my arms and nuzzled his neck, smelling the rich musky cologne I bought for him. “Oh, really?” I teased. “Tell me to stop then.”

“Knight, I just have a little more to go, and then I’ll be finished.”

“You say that all the time and then you forget and hours go by. I’ve got sushi waiting for us at my place. It’s 5 o’clock. Boss says it’s time to go home.” I took his hand and pulled him away from the computer.

Smiling, he asked, “What kind of sushi?”

“Spicy tuna and eel rolls plus your favorite, volcano explosion roll.”

HH7y8oJ.jpg

He kissed my cheek and said, “Bribery is good.”

After dinner, we settled down in my living room with full stomachs and enjoyed each other. In a few minutes, Grayson fell asleep on my lap as I stroked his silky, wavy hair. I mused at what a find Grayson was and right under my nose all this time. He was easy to be around, and I knew I could count on him. He wouldn’t leave me. He didn’t have any mental issues. In fact, he was the most stable person I knew.

oniOfqc.jpg

But as I sat there in such peace, a wave of regret showered me like a sudden rainstorm. My mind scrolled into the “what if’s”. What if Alex was here in my lap instead? What would my life look like down the road with him? With Grayson, things were simple but slower paced. He didn’t like change. He was a planner. And he certainly didn’t like to ride motorcycles, fast cars, nor would he ever punch a guy in the face. He was the complete opposite of Alex. My life with Alex would have been ever changing. Exciting. We’d see the world. Grayson hated airplanes, so travel was out of the question.

I stared into the fireplace, wondering why my mind was on Alex when I had such a jewel sleeping in my lap. I forced the confused thoughts away. Maybe what I needed was right here. Was I too st*upid to make it permanent?

pYRGEKI.jpg

Alex

Six weeks ago, Jianna Richardson came to me and told me to ask Knight to my book launch party, but that had been only a few months after Knight looked like he wanted to punch me out. I couldn’t get the guts to think about talking to him much less invite him to the party. And then I told my sister I couldn’t bring anyone on a double date, and I wouldn’t be set up. She said she’d give me two months and then she’d force me.

Fast forward to today, and I’d finally decided.

I was tired of running away from him.

ftWXizu.jpg

Add these thoughts to a good session with my shrink, and I found myself out of the city and right in front of Knight Towers.

sxHWsOk.jpg

Next thing I knew, I was standing in front of Knight, shaking with nerves, staring at him, worried what he was going to say.

He smirked up at me. “Who let you in?”

FmGRDV1.jpg

Heart pounding, I tried to act casual, like I always barged into the CEO’s office. “Um...you know your secretary, Katelyn, likes me. She batted her eyes at me and waved me in. Guess I’ve still got some charm...at least with her.”

OJcVMeR.jpg

He drew in a large breath and asked, “What do you want, Alex? I’m very busy. I don’t have time to fight with you today.”

JNVbpab.jpg

“I-I don’t want to fight either. I mean...I-I didn’t like the way you left last time and it’s taken me this long to get the nerve to see you again.”

He put up his hand. “So, what do you think is going to change?”

“Are you still mad?” I couldn’t believe those words left my mouth. It wasn’t what I was supposed to say.

4ai9tWT.jpg

He rubbed his eyes, looking very tense, then said, “I’m not mad anymore. I have thought a lot about what you said, Alex, and I...I guess I understand. You went through so much and it makes sense you needed to get better.”

h8sw75K.jpg

I let out a breath. “Awesome!” I glanced away and tried to tone down my excitement. “I mean, that’s good then. Um, since our families are a little intertwined, I thought it’d be nice if we could like bury the hatchet. I wanted to invite you to my book launch party. Did Jianna tell you about my novel?”

He ran his fingers through his hair and got up, asking, “You want a drink because I sure need one?”

I nodded and he waved me to follow him to his bar area.

“What’ll you have, Alex? Do you still like those awful sickening sweet fru-fru drinks?” He chuckled, making me nostalgic and sad all at the same time.

“No. I’ll have what you’re having.”

He gave me a look. “So you’re drinking the hard stuff now. Things have changed.”

Without glancing at him, I said, evenly, “Well, I’ve grown up.”

Shaking his head, he said, “I’m not sure that’s a good thing.”

As he poured straight whiskey over ice, I couldn’t take it anymore. I had to tell him how I felt. If I didn’t take the chance now, I never would. “Listen, Knight. Ever since you found me, I haven’t been able to get you off my mind. Not even for a minute. I’ve made some horrible choices in my life but leaving you was the worst decision I’ve ever made. I really want you back.” I swallowed and stared into his eyes. “Do you think you could forgive me enough to start over?”

mLFa3fA.jpg

He stopped what he was doing and whispered, “Oh, Alex...”

JPbMMva.jpg

I went on because I couldn’t leave anything unsaid before he might say no. “We could take it slow. I mean, I realize we wouldn’t be engaged or anything. I just want another chance. I’m getting better. My psychiatrist only wants to see me monthly now. That’s a huge step, too. A good one.” I rubbed my hands together. “I don’t know...I just don’t want to run from you anymore. I realize I need you in my life. If you don’t hate me then I wonder if we could try again.”

9t1MJ45.jpg

He came around the bar to me and asked, “Why didn’t you say something to me sooner? Why?”

drPehcq.jpg

Just then, one of his scientists from his lab walked in. By the look on his face, he was surprised to see me. “Oh, I’m sorry. I didn’t realize you had a meeting today. I’ll come back later.”

Knight stopped him and said, “No, Grayson, don’t leave. This is Alex Day.” Turning to me, he said, “Alex, this is Grayson Harris. He’s the head of my R & D department.”

Taking Knight by the hand possessively, Grayson added, “And I’m Knight’s boyfriend.”

No5GU4f.jpg

Those words knocked the breath out of me and I felt as if the room spun.

Oh. My. God.

I couldn't say anything, I was so blown away. I just stared at them like an id*iot. Crossing his arms, Grayson took a step forward. “I know who you are, but I don’t know why you’re here messing with Knight. Do you realize how much you hurt him? He might forgive you but I won’t. Leave Knight alone.”

Knight didn’t respond. He only hung his head, obviously supporting his boyfriend’s rant.

g9OHdvt.jpg

My face caught on fire. “Look...I-I didn’t know or I wouldn’t have come. I don’t want to cause trouble. Knight, just forget I said anything.”

zRuPhut.jpg

Fleeing from them, I raced out the door and didn’t even look back when Katelyn said good-bye to me.

Oh, God.

I was too late.

zA0F1Ks.jpg

Knight

Swallowing, I felt like I was just a bystander, not believing what just happened. My mind couldn’t take it in.

Alex wanted to get back together.

I winced when Grayson turned around, thinking he’d be livid with me for even speaking with Alex. “Hey, um, for what it’s worth, I didn’t invite him here. He just...appeared.”

Suddenly, Grayson wrapped his arms around me and whispered, “Hold me.”

Aso8bGU.jpg

This was not the response I’d expected. “What’s wrong?”

zUjHJRP.jpg

But he didn’t say anything. He just buried his face into my shoulder as I held onto him.

feYKct4.jpg
    Post edited by pammiechick on
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    WitcHazardWitcHazard Posts: 1,209 Member
    How could Jianna forget to mention Knight was seeing someone. And it begins the confusion poor Knight. Alex was mislead so I won't hate on him too much. And Grayson why are you crying? You stood up for your man so I'm not mad at you unless you're hiding something I wonder.
  • Options
    roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    It seems like Grayson is a very possessive person and I don't like it :( I also don't like how he talked to Alex and that Knight stood and didn't say any word :/
  • Options
    WitcHazard wrote: »
    How could Jianna forget to mention Knight was seeing someone. And it begins the confusion poor Knight. Alex was mislead so I won't hate on him too much. And Grayson why are you crying? You stood up for your man so I'm not mad at you unless you're hiding something I wonder.

If you'll notice, Jianna came to Alex BEFORE he started dating Grayson. And they don't talk much...she's the publisher not the agent. Telling Alex to uninvite him would be silly. Secretly, she would like for them to be together. In her busy life, she didn't think much about it. The ball was in Alex's court.

Grayson is scared about Alex...he feels insecure atm. He was strong against Alex but he fears why Knight didn't tell Alex about him and toss him out the door. He could see Alex had a drink, at least.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    SamilaneSamilane Posts: 13 New Member
    Oh wow coming my back and having 4 updates to read!! I've just felt so many emotions! Knight and Alex I'm confused on how I feel about them now, I want them together and then I don't want them together.....I would love for them to have a passion fueled 'I can't keep my hands off you' moment! I'm so excited about what's coming
  • Options
    Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    Such a great update!
    I have to say I'm team Grayson. Alex totally had that coming. What was he thinking? That Knight would wait for him forever?
    I think Knight likes Grayson because he has a thing for vulnerable types. He wants to protect them. I really hope he won't hurt Grayson and that Grayson is a good person.
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi