Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cheat for unwanted relationships?

Is there a cheat to get rid of unwanted romantic relationships? Like when you rotate away from your family and come back to learn they have some random romance going on. I know there's a mod, but I was wondering if there was a cheat so I don't have to use a mod?
InstantGif_2020.12.01_18.10.gif?width=450&height=278&fit=bounds&crop=fill

Comments

• Options
    SparklePlumleySparklePlumley Posts: 1,061 Member
    Yes there is it is quite a long one here goes
    modifyrelationship yoursimfirstname yoursimlastname targetsimfirst targetsimfirst -x romance_main
    Example: modifyrelationship bob pancakes bella goth -100 romance_main

There are better directions for this on Carl's sim 4 guide cheat page I can't post links yet sorry just Google sim cheats and it is one of the first ones the relationship cheats are down near the bottom
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    If you're not mod averse, MC Command Center is awesome for deleting the unwanted romantic relationships while keeping the friendships intact.

The issue with modify relationship is that you'll still have a romantic bar, and if you're not careful you'll end up with a red romantic bar which will give you an "It's Complicated" relationship. MC Command Center has a feature for the target Sim to completely "forget" the romantic relationship, while keeping the friendship level as is.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    If you're not mod averse, MC Command Center is awesome for deleting the unwanted romantic relationships while keeping the friendships intact.

The issue with modify relationship is that you'll still have a romantic bar, and if you're not careful you'll end up with a red romantic bar which will give you an "It's Complicated" relationship. MC Command Center has a feature for the target Sim to completely "forget" the romantic relationship, while keeping the friendship level as is.
  • Options
    @happygurl yes @stilljustme2 is right instead of putting in -100 which would take the relationship into the red I would just start with say -5 you will have to type or copy paste it several times to get the relationship down to zero just save game before u start that way if it goes red u can always start over. Like I said Carl's Sim 4 Guide cheat page has all the info and pretty much any other cheat u could want. Also it seems like this MC command center mod is pretty good stuff. I don't have it myself as I was adverse to mods and cc but I believe I am going to get it. All the frustration with the relationships and the culling is just teeth gritting
  • Options
    Forest_NinjaForest_Ninja Posts: 1,181 Member
    You don't need to modify the relationship, just destroy it with relationship.destroy <your sim id> <other sim id>
    "Video gaming began as an engineer's hobby and a means of creative expression for those of higher technical inclination. It is expected that those who are capable of higher engineering-related achievements will see value, in electronic entertainment products, where others see failure." -Sasquatch
  • Options
    You don't need to modify the relationship, just destroy it with relationship.destroy <your sim id> <other sim id>

But doesn't that destroy the entire relationshp? What if you want to keep the friendship intact (so you don't have to go through all the work to build it up again) but just get rid of the romantic relationship?

Another option could be to go to the other Sim and see if you get the "just be friends" interaction option -- not sure what effect that has.
  • Options
    LinamintsLinamints Posts: 952 Member
    @stilljustme2 Destroy relationship to get rid of the pink bar, then just do this cheat:
    modifyrelationship Your SimName Their SimName 50 Friendship_Main
    modifyrelationship Their SimName Your SimName 50 Friendship_Main

You can adjust the 50 to whatever percent you want, you just need to do the cheat both ways to restore for both sims.
    "Parenting is just like gardening, except if you let your garden die you don't go to prison." - Anna Blast
  • Options
    rosenero10rosenero10 Posts: 536 Member
    I swear this doesn't work

testingcheats true
    modifyrelationship Thomas Chee Liric Spring 100 friendship_main

Then nothing....

Doesn't matter which Sim I select

Help!!
  • Options
    DJNSDJNS Posts: 74 Member
    rosenero10 wrote: »

testingcheats true

Then nothing....

Help!!

Add a plus sign (+) before the number value and see if that makes a difference.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    rosenero10 wrote: »

testingcheats true

Then nothing....

Help!!

Try using testingcheats on instead of testingcheats true
    And sometimes I have to type modifyrelationships instead of modifyrelationship
    It may work once or twice then u have to go back to modifyrelationship
    This cheat has been finicky latley

Edit to add if u put 100 they will go to best friends. The amount u put in the cheat adds to what is already there in the friendship bar. If they already have a little then it may be better to start off with 5 or 10 if u just want them to be Friends or Good Friends but not Best Friends. Goes the same for the negative
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    If you want to skip all the typing, UI Cheats Extension builds changing relationship levels into the UI, and MC Command Center makes it easy to remove them completely.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Or just meet up with the sim and use the "Ask to be just friends" Friendly social.
  • Options
    rosenero10rosenero10 Posts: 536 Member
    Sorry..... none of these suggestions for different typing is working.

I might try it between two Sims where the name of the Sim was not changed in CAS after creation of the Sim.

UI Cheats Extension and MC Command: I haven't tried

I just want to modify relationships quick without actually doing all the usual game play :disappointed:
  • Options
    HelenaWiktoriaHelenaWiktoria Posts: 148 Member
    Hello :) I've just installed MC and I wonder how can I get rid off the romance relationship only? I've seen in a few placess that it's a very easy way and I feel kind of stupid because of that, but I maneged just to delete the whole relationship.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    Hello :) I've just installed MC and I wonder how can I get rid off the romance relationship only? I've seen in a few placess that it's a very easy way and I feel kind of plum because of that, but I maneged just to delete the whole relationship.

When you select Forget Sim, you can then tick Romantic Only and it will delete just the romance bar.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    HelenaWiktoriaHelenaWiktoria Posts: 148 Member
    Thank you very much! :) I'll check it as soon as I can.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,605 Member
    Thank you very much! :) I'll check it as soon as I can.

Hello @HelenaWiktoria :) Welcome to the forums!

This link thread provides help for the MC Command Center Mod. If you have any other questions about the settings, you can post about it there, and there are helpful simmers there that will help you.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/913483/mc-command-center-local-help-chat-thread

Happy simming! :)
  • Options
    BiiancaaaBiiancaaa Posts: 1 New Member
    If I download MC Command I lose the progress so far?
  • Options
    EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello @Biiancaaa , please remember that necroposting is against the rules. I've gone ahead and closed the thread. If you have any questions, my suggestion would be to post it in our Sims 4 Answers HQ.

Please review our Posting Rules & Guidelines here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/forum-rules

~EA_Joz
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top