Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Preparing for City Living

Comments

• Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    There is noting to prepare because this pack offers nothing.

There's always one

Astonishing how often it's the same one.
    tumblr_n3mcn6FLmq1r6dpplo1_400.gif

giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member

Maybe it offers nothing for you but quite a few, myself included, are looking forward to it. :)

Of course. And when I talk it is about me. Do I have to keep writing me me me me :) lol and when I do so there are some players who will come to say "Hey you are not the only player". So better not to write me or we!
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options

There's always one

Believe me there is way more than one :D
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    lovejess2 wrote: »

Jeez it's almost like this pack ran over your cat with the way you're going on about it. You seem to have gone to nearly every front page thread to make the same comment.

Did I make the same comment? I don't think so. Maybe you are reading it the same way
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member

There's always one

Believe me there is way more than one :D

nope I don't think so, most people here like city living and don't argue with others for not liking it :)
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Please don't do this in my thread :(:'(
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited October 2016
    Please don't do this in my thread :(:'(

Aw, @AquaSimmer1212 . It's okay.

Well, we have an Ignore button, a Report button, and then actually ignoring and continuing posting on-topic posts. There are various actions to help get topic back on track, and to stop the sniping and pointless arguing.

(I'm hoping people can be mature adults, though, so we don't get to that point.)

For the topic at hand: I'm trying to decide if I should start a sim on a career before or after a pack. Do sims lose their careers/job ranks if we move them to other worlds?
    Post edited by LatinaBunny on
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    @bunny-🐸🐸🐸🐸 Sims don't loose their career progression or any other progression when moving. Remember that all the worlds are connected now, so moving to San M when the pack comes out would be just like moving them to another house in the same neighborhood. So you can give your sim a head start in their career now with no fears :)
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited October 2016
    @bunny-🐸🐸🐸🐸 Sims don't loose their career progression or any other progression when moving. Remember that all the worlds are connected now, so moving to San M when the pack comes out would be just like moving them to another house in the same neighborhood. So you can give your sim a head start in their career now with no fears :)

Ah, okay. That's reassuring. Thanks, @Tomatplante ! :smile:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    AndreaTheHeroAndreaTheHero Posts: 578 Member
    I'm actually really excited for this pack. I started a sim that is going to save up and move to the city to try and make it big in singing :) she's currently a musician so it will be a nice transition I think. Still deciding on wether I want to make some room mates for her.
  • Options
    itsugitsug Posts: 1,613 Member
    Hmms, I just felt I needed to reboot my game, so at this moment, I have a single sim, who had her first, "accidental" kid with Eric Lewis, during a club meeting.
    Unfortunetly, the girl decided to jump into the swimming pool, and died since she couldnt swim. xD
    I think I am going to try and ger my sim abducted to get her pregnant again.
    Then I will get Eric to divorce Alice, marry my sim and take their daughter Olivia with them.
    Eric, is then to die, leaving Olivia in custody of my sim.
    The step-siblings, will grow up and fall in love with eachother, and move to the big hood. :)

One theory that might work. :)

Admin and on Support team of MC CmD @ Discord - https://discord.gg/Jcc8uRW
    MC CmD is available at https://deaderpool-mccc.com/
  • Options
    NellythekiddNellythekidd Posts: 251 Member
    I planned to move my sims' kids into the new city, but I played too much... Now it looks their children's children's children might be the ones who get to live in San Myshuno :D So I don't know which generation it will be, but some sim(s) from my main family will move there. I'm interested in making an Internet personality with social media career, someone who's a geek and plays video games. I'm also looking forward to try the new CAS items. :)
    Origin ID / Gallery: nellythekidd
  • Options
    I'm going to start another save to play around with. One save is strictly for when CL comes out and I've even turned off Aging and Autonomy. I don't want anything messing up for when I begin playing the new pack.

• Options
    InvisibleaesInvisibleaes Posts: 1,526 Member
    edited October 2016
    I'm ready for it to bed out but in the RL I have to move before it comes out, thankfully I'll have Internet connection!! Very important for downloading CL!!!
  • Options
    rosepuckettrosepuckett Posts: 55 Member
    Think I am going to move my twin daughters there to the city when they age up. But they will have to use a cheat to be able to own apartment.
  • Options
    itsugitsug Posts: 1,613 Member
    Think I am going to move my twin daughters there to the city when they age up. But they will have to use a cheat to be able to own apartment.

Shouldnt be a problem if you want them moving as teens, make sure make a ya/a/e random and move that person into the apartment you want the teens to own.
    When they moved in with that ya/a/e, kill the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 in any way you can. (just make sure the teens dont see the death. ;) )
    Admin and on Support team of MC CmD @ Discord - https://discord.gg/Jcc8uRW
    MC CmD is available at https://deaderpool-mccc.com/
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Anyone planning on creating the Ricardo's and Mertz's from I Love Lucy?
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    I had just created my first penthouse concept floor plan for CL today. That's what I did to prepare for CL today.
  • Options
    DeadFishyDeadFishy Posts: 2,762 Member
    I lost my game in a crash so I'm going to rebuild my favourite Sim (she's my avatar) and build the origins sorry of the life the had before the crash. She had a live in boyfriend and was very involved in his extended family. I'll have to rebuild him too :/ .

I think she'll have a terrible apartment, cause it will be fun to start from the beginning. As she's loosly based on me, I'll give her a job as close to mine as possible.

Can't wait!
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    DeadFishy wrote: »
    I lost my game in a crash so I'm going to rebuild my favourite Sim (she's my avatar) and build the origins sorry of the life the had before the crash. She had a live in boyfriend and was very involved in his extended family. I'll have to rebuild him too :/ .

I think she'll have a terrible apartment, cause it will be fun to start from the beginning. As she's loosly based on me, I'll give her a job as close to mine as possible.

Can't wait!
    Sorry that happened to you DeadFishy. :( You won't have to recreate your sim and her boyfriend if you have uploaded them to the Gallery recently or have backed up your game just before the crash. You can simply reload either one of them, and you should be good to go.
  • Options

Can't wait!

oh no! Was the family not in your library? If not that could be a suggestion everytime you make a family, so the very least you'd have to do is put their relationships back which can be done with cheats.

• Options
    sunman502 wrote: »

Can't wait!
    Sorry that happened to you DeadFishy. :( You won't have to recreate your sim and her boyfriend if you have uploaded them to the Gallery recently or have backed up your game just before the crash. You can simply reload either one of them, and you should be good to go.

Can't wait!

oh no! Was the family not in your library? If not that could be a suggestion everytime you make a family, so the very least you'd have to do is put their relationships back which can be done with cheats.

Nope I didn't back up nor did I upload to the gallery :s . Honestly I never thought it would crash! Thanks for your concern though! I will DEF be uploading sims, families and houses from now on! The only hitch is some of my CC doesn't allow uploading?? So I don't know how I will do that.
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • Options

Can't wait!

Can't wait!

Nope I didn't back up nor did I upload to the gallery :s . Honestly I never thought it would crash! Thanks for your concern though! I will DEF be uploading sims, families and houses from now on! The only hitch is some of my CC doesn't allow uploading?? So I don't know how I will do that.
    That's to bad, I know how frustrating it can be to recreate something that you had spent a long time in creating. What's frustrating about all this is trying to remember how you had those minor adjustments on a sim's features set at. Especially since there's no markers in CAS that will help with that. I hope that you don't have a hard time in recreating your sim and her boyfriend.
    But I'm happy to hear that you'll be saving them in someway or another in case that something like this happens to you again. Which I hope that it doesn't. But it's better to be safe than sorry. And you're welcome! o:)<3
  • Options

Can't wait!

Can't wait!

That's to bad, I know how frustrating it can be to recreate something that you had spent a long time in creating. What's frustrating about all this is trying to remember how you had those minor adjustments on a sim's features set at. Especially since there's no markers in CAS that will help with that. I hope that you don't have a hard time in recreating your sim and her boyfriend.
    But I'm happy to hear that you'll be saving them in someway or another in case that something like this happens to you again. Which I hope that it doesn't. But it's better to be safe than sorry. And you're welcome! o:)<3

You're so kind, thank you. It's an adventure starting over. I lost all of my CC (all three years worth) and all of my houses which really hurt. Thats why it's such a great opportunity to start over. I've got a lot of my cc back now, after too many late nights! And most of my stuff is way better now! I was able to get rid of a lot of mystery pieces I couldn't find in my mod folder.
    I really hope this new EP makes it all worthwhile. I wasn't playing much before which is why I couldn't decide if I should just give up.

You guys are awesome! <3
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • Options

Can't wait!

Can't wait!

You're so kind, thank you. It's an adventure starting over. I lost all of my CC (all three years worth) and all of my houses which really hurt. Thats why it's such a great opportunity to start over. I've got a lot of my cc back now, after too many late nights! And most of my stuff is way better now! I was able to get rid of a lot of mystery pieces I couldn't find in my mod folder.
    I really hope this new EP makes it all worthwhile. I wasn't playing much before which is why I couldn't decide if I should just give up.

You guys are awesome! <3
    You're Welcome! o:)<3