Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ashes to Ashes: A Legacy [Temporary Hiatus 4/4]

Comments

• Options
    Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    Nah. Jocelyn is the most angry we’ve ever seen her, but I don’t think “Mari level” is something her emotional tank can even process LOL.
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    it might not leave Mari level. But she could go in a spiral of depression. Ie: not wanting to do anything like doing theatre, or hang out with friends if she has any,etc.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    The daily updates continue :blush:

4.53: Hope You're Happy
    ufEdrv0.png
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    Hmm. I can get the lamentation of absolutely none of the sides having good communication with each other about feelings and even changes of heart, which could have gone a long way towards mending Joce's relationships with her family. And I know that Clara is angry and passionate by nature, but man, what a waste of an opportunity to be a mediator!

But most of the time, I want Tobi to stop being a little b***h whenever his kids have even an inkling of anger over him being a stubborn naysayer/bigot/etc. :p
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    kayt45kayt45 Posts: 434 Member
    Tobi, Tobi ... Suck it the ef up and take some responsibility for the situation. Mark had other plans? No, you all made everything so difficult he felt he had no choice.
  • Options
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    Hmm. I can get the lamentation of absolutely none of the sides having good communication with each other about feelings and even changes of heart, which could have gone a long way towards mending Joce's relationships with her family. And I know that Clara is angry and passionate by nature, but man, what a waste of an opportunity to be a mediator!

But most of the time, I want Tobi to stop being a little b***h whenever his kids have even an inkling of anger over him being a stubborn naysayer/bigot/etc. :p

@InfraGreen Hahahaha okay, I guess Tobi definitely doesn't do well when his kids are angry with him. Even when it's his fault. Despite all his flaws, he honest-to-God loves his children (even if he sometimes fails them horribly haha) so I think that's very much a "weakness" of his. His aspiration is "Big Happy Family". He doesn't do well when the happy part is in jeopardy :lol:

And as for Clara, you are so right that she could have tried to be a mediator. But she isn't really thinking all that rationally right now either, like you said.

I do think Clara will (obviously) calm down and forgive everyone (even Luzel) sooner than Joce does. Maybe when she reaches that point, she'll be in a better place to facilitate some peace talks haha
    kayt45 wrote: »
    Tobi, Tobi ... Suck it the ef up and take some responsibility for the situation. Mark had other plans? No, you all made everything so difficult he felt he had no choice.

@kayt45 that is very true. I think Tobi is kinda denying his own role in this thing right now :/
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    Maybe she'll try to make amends after her kids are born and pregnancy hormones aren't wreaking havoc on her temper. :p
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    cshanercshaner Posts: 2,620 Member
    Maybe she'll try to make amends after her kids are born and pregnancy hormones aren't wreaking havoc on her temper. :p

Clarian Nooboos!!!! #dieofcute

covensig800x200.jpg?w=676
    SimFluence - Where Sims Influence the Story
    Blood that Binds: A Vampire Coven Challenge Updated 04/22/2017
    Life Under Construction: A Drifter Challenge House 001 Completed 1/29/17 | Orphan Challenge: Harkins Family Completed 11/12/16
    Origin ID: cshaner07
  • Options
    Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    I predict a radical change in Jocelyn's character. She found out she can only rely on herself. Her family didn't support her when she needed it. She's on her own. She will emerge stronger from this, but also more serious and she won't let her family ever again dictate her how she should live her life. They will have hard time to get through to her.
    I might be wrong though.
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • Options
    @Maladi777 very thought provoking!! I like that theory!
    Life Under Construction: A Drifter Challenge House 001 Completed 1/29/17 | Orphan Challenge: Harkins Family Completed 11/12/16
  • Options
    I like that theory a lot too, @Maladi777 !
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    WitcHazardWitcHazard Posts: 1,209 Member
    As the briars of betrayal continue to grasp the fragments of her broken heart the window of her families redemption is closing. From her chrysalis of despair a new Jocelyn shall be born. Burned by the flames of anguish from the ashes of self discovery Jocelyn shall become stronger wiser and more emotionally secure to the future that awaits her. #JoceWillRise.
    Hopefully buy a plane ticket out of here disappearing for five years comes back with a Hubby, a adorable nooboo, and newfound happiness!
  • Options
    #jocewillrise

Love it @WitcHazard !!
  • Options
    WitcHazard wrote: »
    As the briars of betrayal continue to grasp the fragments of her broken heart the window of her families redemption is closing. From her chrysalis of despair a new Jocelyn shall be born. Burned by the flames of anguish from the ashes of self discovery Jocelyn shall become stronger wiser and more emotionally secure to the future that awaits her. #JoceWillRise.
    Hopefully buy a plane ticket out of here disappearing for five years comes back with a Hubby, a adorable nooboo, and newfound happiness!

You leave the most intense comments, @WitcHazard :joy: I love it.
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    Hmm. I can get the lamentation of absolutely none of the sides having good communication with each other about feelings and even changes of heart, which could have gone a long way towards mending Joce's relationships with her family. And I know that Clara is angry and passionate by nature, but man, what a waste of an opportunity to be a mediator

Yeah. Sadly it's not in Clara's nature to be a negotiator. She doesn't particularly have a record of taking the high road or making good decisions lol. The funny thing is that she thinks she's acting in Joce's interest right now.
  • Options
    @ThePlumbob i agree. It's not in Clara's nature to be the negotiator. The problem is no one is taking on that role because it is traditionally Joces role in the family. She's the peace bringer and the negotiatiator.
  • Options
    Ruby10990Ruby10990 Posts: 491 Member
    I've been very quiet about this gen on the forums (If I don't comment, I'm still reading, I just don't feel the need to say something) but I want to express how I feel about the whole situation. First of all, I've never shipped Jocelyn and Mark. I knew it was going to be a thing the first chapter he appeared in because his face was shown, and he had a cute face, which is always a bad sign. Second of all, once Joce and Mark got together it would have gone down in smoke one way or another because of Joce's family and how they treated her. Joce's family has always taken her for granted. It's been apparent since she was a kid and Clara and Luc would always tease her, she never said anything (as far as I remember) so they assumed it was okay to walk on over her like that, but it wasn't, and now this behavior carried on as they grew up. More examples of the family taking her for granted was when Joce asked to have Luc change rooms when he was practicing with the band, or when they went to see Luc's first show instead of Joce's when she was in the play. They sided with Luc instead of her because Tobi and Collete assumed it would be okay because Joce was the "easy child" who never spoke out about what bothered her. Moreover, Joce has been a supporting character for her whole life, helping her family members and never asking for help for her problems (Ex. Clara and Julian, Gus and coming out, Clara and pregnancy, etc.). The system was doomed to fail from the beginning. Once Joce and Mark decided to come clean about their relationship, Joce expected support from her family members because of the lack of it when she was growing up. But the family didn't, and Joce was hurt and confused because she felt like they owed her the happiness and support she never got growing up. Yet how is the family supposed to know Joce is hurt from the lack of support for her entire life when she never told anyone about it?!?!? Jocelyn is not only projecting the sadness and anger she felt toward her family when they rejected her and Mark's relationship, but also for the past 22 years of being neglected and betrayed.

TL;DR: by getting together with Mark, Jocelyn's suppressed emotions about her family came bubbling to the surface and exploded upon their (inevitable) breakup. I don't know if Joce is ever going to be able to forgive her family, maybe after many sessions of group therapy. We'll just have to see.
  • Options
    ThePlumbob wrote: »
    Hmm. I can get the lamentation of absolutely none of the sides having good communication with each other about feelings and even changes of heart, which could have gone a long way towards mending Joce's relationships with her family. And I know that Clara is angry and passionate by nature, but man, what a waste of an opportunity to be a mediator

Yeah. Sadly it's not in Clara's nature to be a negotiator. She doesn't particularly have a record of taking the high road or making good decisions lol. The funny thing is that she thinks she's acting in Joce's interest right now.
    cshaner wrote: »
    @ThePlumbob i agree. It's not in Clara's nature to be the negotiator. The problem is no one is taking on that role because it is traditionally Joces role in the family. She's the peace bringer and the negotiatiator.

@cshaner is right -- Joce has always been the peace maker in the family. And now unfortunately that role is vacant!

Clara is probably not helping the situation as a whole, but I think Joce really needs someone on her side right now, for better or worse. And right now that happens to be Clara.

I feel like Clara is truly heartbroken and angry for Joce right now. She has seen first hand over the years what a lovely and compassionate person Jocelyne is, even in the face of her family being irrational or immature and falling apart around her. She's helped the family through so much, and is now being repaid with heartbreak and misery.

I never say so in the story, but trust that Luc and Hazel got a nice earful from Clara as well.

I do agree with you @ThePlumbob that Clara's current actions probably are not in Joce's best interest in the long run.

But in the current moment, Joce needs someone to fight for her so she doesn't feel alone.

Not to say too much, but Clara will calm down considerably within the next few chapters. But Joce... Well, we'll see ;)
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    Thank you for your comment @Ruby10990 ! You hadn't commented in a very long time so I wasn't sure if you were still reading. This is a nice surprise! :blush:

You've hit the nail on the head with Joce's current feelings. This is an entire lifetime of anger and resentment toward her family finally coming to the surface. From a behind-the-scenes perspective, this plot has been planned since Jocelyne and Lucas were babies, and I have been "planting the seeds" for this ever since their childhood, as you so correctly pointed out!

Jocelyne has reached her breaking point :(

Thank you for your great comment!!!
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    anaitapevaanaitapeva Posts: 917 Member
    This plum will take a while to be undone... >:)B)
  • Options
    Here's today's chapter :)

4.54: Alone
    g29xP6N.jpg
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    @Ruby10990 - I loved your comment. I think she will find her way back to some members of her family, but it will take a very long time and things will never be the same. She is definitely a changed person. Not sure what she is going to look like after the shipwreck. But my bet is a stronger, mature woman that won't let anyone push her around and stands up for herself. I am not sure if Mark and her will reunite at this point. He hurt her too badly even though she doesn't hate him, can she trust him?
  • Options
    I think we've all been waiting for this one for a long time (I know I have!) :lol:

Interlude: Trust Me
    Rrr6cd9.png
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    When Lucas started to yell that it's Mark's fault, I wanted to say him: "Shut up, Luc!", but when he started to talk to babies, his words made me almost cry. I liked Mari's words. She's very understandable person and I can see that she changed a lot during all these years. She has a wisdom and not because she's older but because of her experience. Her life wasn't easy and she really knows what means to suffer. I hope someday others will understand what they did and will learn their lesson. These two adorable babies are like a hope, like a new beginning, they shouldn't lose the chance to try to become better and more tolerant and less selfish <3
  • Options
    Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    When Lucas started to yell that it's Mark's fault, I wanted to say him: "Shut up, Luc!", but when he started to talk to babies, his words made me almost cry. I liked Mari's words. She's very understandable person and I can see that she changed a lot during all these years. She has a wisdom and not because she's older but because of her experience. Her life wasn't easy and she really knows what means to suffer. I hope someday others will understand what they did and will learn their lesson. These two adorable babies are like a hope, like a new beginning, they shouldn't lose the chance to try to become better and more tolerant and less selfish <3

Mari word’s were awesome. Lucas’ not so much for me (when he spoke to the babies). They were guilty, not loving.
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top