Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gather Ye Rosebuds - a Neighborhood Rotation Blog

Comments

• Options
    RachelRosebudRachelRosebud Posts: 1,103 Member
    Julyvee94 wrote: »
    Awesome video ^^ Your voice is so cute xD
    Thank you @Julyvee94 It's a bit awkward at first recording videos, but it's actually a lot of fun. My husband and I both have our PCs set up in the family room close to each other, so I had to tell him to SSHHUSHH! while I made this video, lol. I was like, "It's only going to be 10 minutes." Meanwhile, 30 minutes later, lol. It's OK though, so if you ever hear a male voice in the background, that's my husband, and he's always gaming with his online buddies, so I have to tell him to keep the swearing down, lol. Their testosterone ("cooties") gets a little crazy.
    You snickered at Bob getting fired! How could you!
    *giggle*

Super cute lot and spooky foods and video. :)
    Thank you @FloorRaisin Lol, yah I totally laughed at poor Bob. He's seriously the only Sim that's gotten himself fired, but I guess I can't really blame him. I loaded up his lot too many times during his work hours, and he wasn't at work so his performance slumped and then WHAM! Came home all depressed and fired, poor Bob, lol.
    ThePlumbob wrote: »
    I just watched all of your sims videos, your builds are so cute and detailed! I love the fun split levels you do in your homes! The tour of Babs Lamour's house really made me laugh, you were so casual about the guy being on fire lol! I would have been so panicked and you were just like "ah well Babs, you should go extinguish him, now let's continue with the tour in the meantime" ahahahaha! Too funny! :D

@ThePlumbob Oh, my, ROFL! Okay, I forgot about that, that's right, there was a fire and I was so ticked off about Kristian getting himself on fire and ruining my build tour!! How rude! LOL. Oh, I'm so glad you enjoyed my videos though, lol.
    Watched the video last night. I have been reading your blog for ages so I knew everyone and it looked like:

me: Oh look it's Scarlet!
    bf: *takes out earbuds* What?

:p

I hope you make more!

@lovebypondside EEEE!! <3 Thank you so much! Oh, yes, I definitely want to make more videos. It's very fun and I'm like that, too - whenever Scarlet walks by I have to point her out, lol. She KNOWS she's on camera, that one. Lol. Thank you again for watching!! Made my day. :)

• Options
    I'm uploading a video tonight! So new one should be available in a few hours - it's called "Costume Party in a Haunted Mansion"
    Special thanks to Sekyria (she's on YouTube, too!) for the Haunted Mansion build. I will post the link when it becomes live. :) Hope you enjoy!!!
  • Options
  • Options
    ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    Lol the beginning... Your sims clearly love trying to sabotage your videos :D
  • Options
    @ThePlumbob
    LOL, I was afraid people would think I planned that, too. I never had it happen before, and I'm actually kind of sad that it didn't save. I was freaked out at first because I wasn't ready for it, but now I think of Don being preggers with an alien baby and I'm like OH MAN! Oh, well. Maybe it'll happen randomly to one of my other Sims!!

Anyway, thanks for watching! <3
  • Options
    ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    @ThePlumbob
    LOL, I was afraid people would think I planned that, too. I never had it happen before, and I'm actually kind of sad that it didn't save. I was freaked out at first because I wasn't ready for it, but now I think of Don being preggers with an alien baby and I'm like OH MAN! Oh, well. Maybe it'll happen randomly to one of my other Sims!!

Anyway, thanks for watching! <3

I can relate, my sims never get abducted either! I want alien babies! :D
  • Options
    lovebypondsidelovebypondside Posts: 1,364 Member

@lovebypondside EEEE!! <3 Thank you so much! Oh, yes, I definitely want to make more videos. It's very fun and I'm like that, too - whenever Scarlet walks by I have to point her out, lol. She KNOWS she's on camera, that one. Lol. Thank you again for watching!! Made my day. :)

LOL I bet Scarlet totally knows she's on camera! :D Look forward to more. :)
    Origin ID: byscreenside
    Twitter: @byscreenside
    Youtube: YT

• Options
    edited November 2015
    Hey guys - I have a new blog update: Chapter 71. This is me trying to scramble all the changes going on in my neighborhood into a post of some sort, lol. I've been dragging my feet about Detective Dina - I'm really dying to move forward so I'm thinking about leaving that spin-off story unfinished :( so I can move on with my generations - they're like perpetually stuck at teen, lol. BUT the good thing is, I keep backups of my game, so I can always go back and replay Dina where I left off if I ever decide to make more episodes. We'll see... I can't wait for the new expansion back Get Together!

And, I'm excited to bring you a new video called November Tour which goes along nicely with this Chapter 71 blog update. Since it's about new community lots, this video gives you a live look at Sapphire Spa, the Old English Violin Lounge, and an interior remodel of @SpecterCody 's Cafe Rouge. Everything is available on the Gallery under EA ID: RachelRosebud

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DH8xFN_VLw
    Post edited by RachelRosebud on
  • Options
    xbecky685xxbecky685x Posts: 323 Member
    Great to see a new update. Love what you have done x
    Gallery xbecky685x
  • Options
    ddominicddominic Posts: 352 Member
    Great to see a new update, I haven't read a lot of the recent ones so I have to catch up first :)
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    edited November 2015
    Just wanted to stop in here and tell you I'm an original fan--started reading in October 2014 and only stopped because you took a break. I JUST NOW realized you've written more, so I've gone back and am rereading to refresh my memory. Only on Chapter 30 but I'm loving it. Want to encourage you to keep building! I'm going to use the Red Warehouse in my ISBI when my TH can afford it. Love that house! I'm also an original fan of your Kissing Llamas lounge. So cool! Would love to see a modern house with all the stuff packs. Im sure you could create a masterpiece!

Bravo and I'm so happy I stumbled on this again!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    I'm so glad you're back with an update. I really missed your sims! And the buildings are pretty awesome.
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • Options
    sabreenesabreene Posts: 1,152 Member
    I was just thinking of you the day you posted this, and hoping you'd be back around with an update, and here you are!! :star:
  • Options
    Hi everyone - just wanted to say I've read your comments and want to personally thank each of you. I was gone since Monday for a business trip to Boston so I haven't been able to sit down and reply. Thank you again, and happy Simming! :)
    xbecky685x wrote: »
    Great to see a new update. Love what you have done x
    @xbecky685x <3 Thank you!! <3 And thank you for commenting! :)
    ddominic wrote: »
    Great to see a new update, I haven't read a lot of the recent ones so I have to catch up first :)
    @ddominic Thank you! Yah, take your time, lol, there are so many Simmie blogs and stuff to read and look at - it's nice to see such a friendly community here :)
    Just wanted to stop in here and tell you I'm an original fan--started reading in October 2014 and only stopped because you took a break. I JUST NOW realized you've written more, so I've gone back and am rereading to refresh my memory. Only on Chapter 30 but I'm loving it. Want to encourage you to keep building! I'm going to use the Red Warehouse in my ISBI when my TH can afford it. Love that house! I'm also an original fan of your Kissing Llamas lounge. So cool! Would love to see a modern house with all the stuff packs. Im sure you could create a masterpiece!

Bravo and I'm so happy I stumbled on this again!
    @pammiechick That's so awesome! Sept-Oct 2014 seems like so long ago - a whole year, thank you so much for being the first of the firsts to read my blog! :) I'm glad you enjoy my builds - I really love sharing my builds and hoping they get some love in other people's games! Modern houses are definitely so fun to build. Love anything with big windows especially.
    Maladi777 wrote: »
    I'm so glad you're back with an update. I really missed your sims! And the buildings are pretty awesome.

@Maladi777 Thank you!! I have a lot of fun building - that new Sapphire Spa was spur of the moment for me, lol. If you really like my Sims featured in my neighborhood rotation, some of them are available on the Gallery if you want to play them - just look under EA ID: "RachelRosebud" <3
    sabreene wrote: »
    I was just thinking of you the day you posted this, and hoping you'd be back around with an update, and here you are!! :star:
    @sabreene LOL, Thank you so much - <3 It's nice to know people are reading! :)

• Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Just caught up! It's so funny that the hermit is the yoga instructor! :) And Geoffrey is an elder! Wow! So neat to see the way the neighborhood is moving through time!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    CathyTea wrote: »
    Just caught up! It's so funny that the hermit is the yoga instructor! :) And Geoffrey is an elder! Wow! So neat to see the way the neighborhood is moving through time!

@CathyTea Hi! Lol, yah they are slowing aging up! :) Your Sim PV's daughter with Summer aged up to teen in this chapter - she's all the way towards the end of the post - if you want to see! <3 I'm not sure if you saw it back then!
  • Options
    CathyTea wrote: »

@CathyTea Hi! Lol, yah they are slowing aging up! :) Your Sim PV's daughter with Summer aged up to teen in this chapter - she's all the way towards the end of the post - if you want to see! <3 I'm not sure if you saw it back then!

Whoa! How did I miss that? I'm going to have to go back and reread to catch up! Lovely girls! I've always loved the name Mirabelle! (It's funny to have a Bough who's not named after a tree! LOL!) I can't decide if she looks like a Bough or not! And PV looks like he's doing great!

And I really love Deanna and Dualla! They are so interesting looking! It's funny how their profiles are so different.

The Morse kids are awesome, too.

Your game is really bringing some interesting and unusual genetics, and all the Sims are BEAUTIFUL! Really shows how beauty can be so individual!

Super neat, Rachel! I'm looking forward to going back to see what other chapters I might have missed! :)

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Hey guys, I'm back with a really quick Get Together update. I've been inspired to go on a building spree in Windenburg starting with that beautiful island. I've started with the Luxury Beachhouse, which you can read about in my latest blog post, or you can watch my YouTube video about it here.

And my favorite part- Sarah Firecracker got a makeover. I think this hair style was made for her! I love it so much!
    TS4_x64%202015-12-13%2018-56-29-60_zpsk4dvdlst.jpg

Thank you!! and Happy Simming as always! :)<3
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Oooh! What a great look for Sarah! I'm looking forward to reading your latest chapter this afternoon! :)

EDIT: Just read it! How fun! Love the fashion show. Maria looks amazing in all the hairstyles!
    Post edited by CathyTea on

• Options
    @CathyTea Thank you so much, Cathy!
  • Options
    LunarMoon88LunarMoon88 Posts: 297 Member
    Is this still being updated? I really love this <3
  • Options
    cully_ccully_c Posts: 655 Member
    I am currently binge reading your blog and I love it!! I also hate that now I really really want to do some kind of rotational play and I am already my Sim-Illionaire is taking more time than I can cope with! Perhaps I can incorporate it somehow...... *goes off to ponder*

I also love your builds, such detail! They must take you hours.
  • Options
    <3 Hey, everyone! Long time no see! <3

I have an update to my blog/Sims 4 neighborhood rotation! It's been a crazy long time, I know! I am playing other video games, but recently I started playing again because the new City Living expansion pack looks awesome, lol :D Last June I also started a mini YouTube Let's Play for Dine Out where I had Scarlet purchase a cute little Japanese restaurant called Shimuzu (made by EA, available on the Gallery) and try to get it from 1 to 5 stars. Right now it's at 3.5 stars, almost a full 4!

Shimuzu1_zpsmqxxzpr9.jpg

TS4_x64%202016-06-22%2009-32-39-09_zpsrbqanxzf.jpg

TS4_x64%202016-06-22%2008-17-04-95_zpsgzzzrye7.jpg

I've also been building, building, building... I made three new lots ("Dine with the Dead" restaurant in honor of the #DayoftheDead challenge, "Wedding Wishes" community lot, and "Cafe Mosaic" community lot). They're all on the Gallery under my Origin ID RachelRosebud.

You can read about it all here in Chapter 73!

Thank you to everyone who have been leaving me comments expressing interest in seeing this blog story become updated once more. I've been trying to get back into Simming, though I confess I fell in love a lot harder with the Sims 2. Love you all and thanks for reading! <3

TS4_x64%202016-10-03%2019-45-45-23_zpsxcfysy7j.jpg
  • Options
    Look who's back! Welcome back! Missed you! :)

• Options
    SassieSassie Posts: 293 Member
    Welcome back! :smiley:

Your blog is one of the favourites to follow since I came across this forum. Also it's one of the inspirations for me to play in a rotational style with the premades (another huge reason is that I want to see how the genetics of the premades work out :smile: ).
    (I'm not writing anything down at the moment, but I've collected a load of screenshots. )
    Currently playing the Abbott household (4th generation now: Theo).