Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When do I pay for The sims 4 city living preorder since I preorder it today

When do I pay for The sims 4 city living preorder since I preorder it today

Comments

• Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    Date of release in your country.
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    From my experience with Get Together, I preordered GT about six weeks before release day but my credit card was charged about nine days before release day. I'm sure it will be the same this time around.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    When I preordered on Origin it immedienly took the funds out of my EA Wallet. It now shows it's unlocked.
  • Options
    Jazmyne4u2Jazmyne4u2 Posts: 158 Member
    You get charged for your preordered game the day it's released for you (whenever that may be). I personally find it a little annoying because from the moment you preorder til the day the game is released, you never know what's gonna change with money situations and such. That's why lately I've been trying to wait until the games are released so my money is taken out immediately.
  • Options
    poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member
    From all I've read over the years on the forums it really depends on where you are and who you order it from. Some places it takes it out right away while others wait until release day (or shipping day). If you state where you purchased it from and where you are then I'm sure others who have done the same can share their experiences with the same situation.
    Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
    Twitch: ForgottenAmber
    Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • Options
    honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    edited October 2016
    thats why i use a walmart money visa .....it's for only games...so your bank's not touched...only the that card. ;)
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    thats why i use a walmart money visa .....it's for only games...so your bank's not touched...only the that card. ;)

I use the EA Cash Cards which I add to my EA Wallet on Origin.
  • Options
    sof2106sof2106 Posts: 136 Member
    When I preordered on Origin it immedienly took the funds out of my EA Wallet. It now shows it's unlocked.

I also pre-ordered today on Origin and it charged me immediately.
    Jazmyne4u2 wrote: »
    You get charged for your preordered game the day it's released for you (whenever that may be). I personally find it a little annoying because from the moment you preorder til the day the game is released, you never know what's gonna change with money situations and such. That's why lately I've been trying to wait until the games are released so my money is taken out immediately.

That's true, last year I couldn't order anything online due to a bank situation in my country and I had to wait on bundles for game and stuff packs. Who knows in a month what could happen, so it's good for me that they took the money right away!
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
  • Options
    sof2106 wrote: »

I also pre-ordered today on Origin and it charged me immediately.
    Jazmyne4u2 wrote: »

That's true, last year I couldn't order anything online due to a bank situation in my country and I had to wait on bundles for game and stuff packs. Who knows in a month what could happen, so it's good for me that they took the money right away!

Be cautious about this! I have had them charge me right away only to check I actually was able to pay. They refunded the charge and waited until the release day to charge me again. I was so confused because I know I saw it charged and then the charge was gone. I'm just saying you may want to double check in a day or two and make sure.

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • Options
    sof2106sof2106 Posts: 136 Member
    @poeticnebula Oh, I had no idea about that, thanks for the heads up! I will check again then to be sure. Thanks again! :)
  • Options
    @sof2106 I just didn't want the shock that hit me to hit you! :)

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    With Origin they charge you immediately but then return the funds to your account a few days later just as a way to ensure you can pay for it and list your preorder as processing until the EP comes out and then they take the money. It's a shame actually. Especially when your financial situation can change from the time of preorder till the release date.
    1FKDfKj.png