Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Day Of The Dead?- New Halloween Challenge

Comments

• Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Sp. Challenge.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,023 Member
    I believe it starts next week. There was some code discovered after today's patch. Jasmine will be returning.
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Thanks everyone :)
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,420 Member
    I can't wait for this because it will finally mean more free décor for my witch's altar.
  • Options
    WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    Well, I'm excited for this challenge, being from a county that's 59% Hispanic, Day of the Dead is pretty popular here. I didn't expect to see it in my Sims game but heck, I'm not complaining. Something fun to do while waiting for the next EP. :)
    On a serious note, the people throwing so much shade at the Devs need to calm down. We get it, the game has bugs, but they just made another EP. Rome wasn't built within a day, and are they not allowed to have fun with it? Jeez.

We aren't talking about only bug fixes???... :neutral:
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Ohh...

It looks like fun :smile: will be fun to read about people doing the challenge. I like seeing what goes on in other players game.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I think the challenge sounds interesting.
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    Here's an idea @devs. Why not take the manpower being wasted on this content and put them to use on actual content like the GPs or EPs?

ETA: Send anyone knowledgeable enough over to bug fixes too.

Just because you dont like it doesnt mean its a waste. And they have a dedicated team for free content. Im excited for this one.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Here's an idea @devs. Why not take the manpower being wasted on this content and put them to use on actual content like the GPs or EPs?

Just because you dont like it doesnt mean its a waste. And they have a dedicated team for free content. Im excited for this one.

They are not going to promote another GP or a ST while they are in full marketing-mode for an EP. This is a good time for some free fun content :)
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member

They are not going to promote another GP or a ST while they are in full marketing-mode for an EP. This is a good time for some free fun content :)

They might do a stuff pack since its smaller but i doubt it. Only reason.is the deleted tweet about singing songs for.an upcoming spooky content.pack for sims 4.

But yass, free content especially for halloween.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    NelsalieNelsalie Posts: 20 New Member
    I can't wait! Finally I won't be bored anymore lol
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited September 2016
    I believe the enhanced options with Grimmy are 3 extra chat options. You also have a higher chance to successfully plead for a sim's life if you "Celebrate" (shelf interaction) once your collection is complete. (8 hour Happy moodlet from celebrating).
  • Options
    kmariakmaria Posts: 282 Member
    I normally don't bother with challenges either, but this one sounds fun! And I like the look of the objects this time.
  • Options
    costa09costa09 Posts: 52 Member
    Hello all, hello @SimGuruDrake,
    i think i found some bugs. I have a family with a tomb in the garden.
    1 - After the patch on the tomb there is a new option like "trow an offer for a Sugar Skull". I done it and an NPC showed in front the house and he have the option for asking a Sugar Skull also if the event didn' t start. I asked it and i got one Sugar Skull.
    2- I logged another family and the same NPC showed on the road but if i try to ask a Sugar Skull the option is disabled and it say that this sim already asked it to him.
    3- After some hours the same NPC showed again and the option was active this time, i got the same Sugar Skull (Michael is the name).
    4- Another problem is the translation i think: i use the game in Italian language and "Day of the Dead" is in spanish "Dia de los Muertos" so i can't use the search in italian language for the new objects.

P.S.
    i can't open a new discussion on US forum, probably because i have an italian account, so i posted here.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,624 Member
    Hello @costa09
    Welcome to the forums :)
    The challenge hasn't officially started yet, so the issues that you are experiencing may be resolved once the challenge begins. It may be best not to have your sims yet speak to the NPCs that have sugar skull, until the challenge begins.
  • Options
    FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    Ohh! That sounds fun. Day of the death has always been really fascinating to me, so this is perfect <3 I absolutely love the cas items we get, so I'm definitely gonna be using them :smiley:
    Star Wind Flower Sun
  • Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    I believe the enhanced options with Grimmy are 3 extra chat options. You also have a higher chance to successfully plead for a sim's life if you "Celebrate" (shelf interaction) once your collection is complete. (8 hour Happy moodlet from celebrating).

Well, that's disappointing.

One day we'll get an ability to Woohoo with Grim.
    One day.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    This challenge sounds really fun, I'm so grateful that the Sims team are including all these cultures in the game, it makes it so much more fun and interesting to play.
    I hope that some of the townies and Jasmine will dress up for the challenge as well. :)
  • Options
    cheifeagleeyecheifeagleeye Posts: 542 Member
    these are the name of the skulls
    Sunny
    Kevin
    Howard
    Art
    Graham
    Nadia
    Joe
    Jeff
    Michael