Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I'm sorry for doubting you.

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    edited September 2016
    doesn't taste good

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Options
    SucomSucom Posts: 1,709 Member
    I'm very happy to hear that you are beginning to enjoy the game; it feels dreadful to want to enjoy the game but can't because it's not catching your interest as much as you would like it to, which is where I've been for such a long time.

Recently I've begun to enjoy the game a little more but I'm still having a hard time getting past having to use mismatching objects and not being able to recolour them as I would like. I'm really sore at them for taking out that option and leaving us instead with such limited choices of objects and colours. Grrrrrrr! And I'm a little sore that I can't edit their neighbourhoods and build houses in interesting places on the map or create open visitor lots. I used to enjoy doing those things.

But I do feel the game is getting better in other ways. I'm envious of your enjoyment and wish I could find the same enjoyment from the game that you are currently finding. They haven't made it easy...................
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited September 2016
    jusMeh wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    "Like all the other Sims 3 lovers, I slated it. I hated it."

Wut..? Speak for yourself please, not for me.
    (I almost smell something suspicious due to that line; like, are you indeed a real Sims 3 fan, or is this just a way to advertise the game and downgrade criticism Sims 3 fans have?)

idk, but you should check out her Page, in the "Discussions" area... it's interesting. :/
    I think the OP is genuine, but I truely regret the phrasing "Like all the other Sims 3 lovers, I slated it. I hated it. I came onto this forum and complained like nobodies business. "The Sims are going backwards", "They're trying to make it like a mobile app", "NO TODDLERS!!!". I gave up playing it and went back to my beloved TS3."

The tone of this post (with the apologizing as if the OP has done something very unjust to other simmers, and the addition of those lines) indicates they feel the need to pigeonhole "Sims 3 lovers" and thereby exceed the borders of a personal point of view/opinion/experience. And my own experience isn't even that far off theirs, I also find myself enjoying Sims 4 when I play it and I also recognize the happy feeling accompanying it. That's not the point. The fact it wears off a little after a while for me is my business, as is the fact that though I enjoy it to some extent, that doesn't mean I don't feel it is lacking so far in crucial ways. But I reject the way the OP apparently feels entitled to portray 'Sims 3 lovers' in general, who are complaining 'like nobodies business' and need to apologize for that. But maybe the OP just wants to fit in the group of Sims 4 lovers and feels biting the hand of 'Sims 3 lovers' who are criticizing Sims 4 is the way to do that.
    Post edited by JoAnne65 on
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member

(I almost smell something suspicious due to that line; like, are you indeed a real Sims 3 fan, or is this just a way to advertise the game and downgrade criticism Sims 3 fans have?)

I have slated TS3 before but I do that out of passion.

Is Simmers never hate anything about The Sims because if we really did we would feel the need to surround ourselves with the community.
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    HermaiHermai Posts: 366 Member
    I'm the complete opposite... I bought the game and started it thinking it was full of possibilities, somehow expecting that what was missing would be added and that the game would offer a more in depth experience in the long run. I though that the graphics looked great and the emotions were fun.

But as much as I've tried to play the game, all the time I could just miss the old games. The expansions seemed mediocre, failing to deliver the sense that I was building a community of sims. Two expansions in, and nothing was remotely editable. The worlds were fixed. The hospital and police station existed in a void, completely unrelated to the rest of the world.

I just couldn't be creative anymore, so I went back to the old games.

Now seeing the City Life expansion and how even more fixed it is (not being able to make apartments outside of the whatever-name-is world they made)... I just went full into disgust for the developers vision. They want us to play what them, the developers, like, not to give us tools to play the way we like.

If it matches some peoples vision of the world, I guess it is easy to enjoy the game. But it has nothing to do with me.

Thats why I'm wating for a competitor or the next iteration.
  • Options

Is Simmers never hate anything about The Sims because if we really did we would feel the need to surround ourselves with the community.
    *googles slate, just to make sure*
    *ends up confused* :D
    You, slating Sims 3? :p
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    mellbella wrote: »
    Lets face it. The Sims 4 is not good.

Its so simple...

I have to disagree with you, even thought I am monumentally NOT a Sims 4 lover. Some people like it, like the simplicity (no pun intended), the cartoony art style, the fact that it runs on a very low-end computer. That is their right. I like a few simple games like Peggle, solitaire, etc. It's OK to like simple games.

Personally I want a Sims game or any other $40-$60 PC game to be much more complicated and in-depth, but that's my opinion. Not everyone likes deep games.
  • Options
    Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    I don't understand. I never had to slate ts2 or ts3. Pause. And then come back to try them again in fits and bursts to see if my opinion changed. You couldn't tear me away from them... solid... from the very beginning.

Ts4 might be tolerable for some; it might even have a few things going for it. But it just doesn't rise up to the level of what previous iterations gave me, at the very beginning.

I've heard some say that ts4 isn't playable and/or enjoyable until you get X number of expansions. But then I see those same people start threads (and it seems like minutes after an expansion is released) wondering when the next content is coming out because they're bored.

This is a curious thread. It does sound like there was a certain level of content that the game accumulated for the op before they began to like it.
  • Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    jusMeh wrote: »

idk, but you should check out her Page, in the "Discussions" area... it's interesting. :/
    I think the OP is genuine, but I truely regret the phrasing "Like all the other Sims 3 lovers, I slated it. I hated it. I came onto this forum and complained like nobodies business. "The Sims are going backwards", "They're trying to make it like a mobile app", "NO TODDLERS!!!". I gave up playing it and went back to my beloved TS3."

The tone of this post (with the apologizing as if the OP has done something very unjust to other simmers, and the addition of those lines) indicates they feel the need to pigeonhole "Sims 3 lovers" and thereby exceed the borders of a personal point of view/opinion/experience. And my own experience isn't even that far off theirs even, I also find myself enjoying Sims 4 when I play it and I also recognize the happy feeling accompanying it. That's not the point. The fact it wears off a little after a while for me is my business, as is the fact that though I enjoy it to some extent, that doesn't mean I don't feel it is lacking so far in crucial ways. But I reject the way the OP apparently feels entitled to portray 'Sims 3 lovers' in general, who are complaining 'like nobodies business' and need to apologize for that. But maybe the OP just wants to fit in the group of Sims 4 lovers and feels biting the hand of 'Sims 3 lovers' who are criticizing Sims 4 is the way to do that.

I agree. People should speak for themselves rather than to assume/imply things about an entire group of people. It's not nice.

Besides, there are people who like the game but complain about the stuff they don't like all the time, and I know quite a few sims 2 players that think TS4 is a lost cause. No need to make it sound like it's just one group of people who are criticizing it.
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    I think it is a phenomenon peculiar to the internet that we collectively feel the need to classify people based on what video games they enjoy.
  • Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    Stdlr9 wrote: »
    mellbella wrote: »
    Lets face it. The Sims 4 is not good.

Its so simple...

I have to disagree with you, even thought I am monumentally NOT a Sims 4 lover. Some people like it, like the simplicity (no pun intended), the cartoony art style, the fact that it runs on a very low-end computer. That is their right. I like a few simple games like Peggle, solitaire, etc. It's OK to like simple games.

Personally I want a Sims game or any other $40-$60 PC game to be much more complicated and in-depth, but that's my opinion. Not everyone likes deep games.
    It isn't a matter of being simple or complicated. Simple games can be good and complicated games can be bad or it can just as well be the other way round.

But games need to be unpredictable to some extent. We need to be surprised and the things we do in the game need to matter. IMO this isn't the case with TS4 nearly to the same degree as it was for the earlier games. The worst change IMO is that relationships don't matter anymore because they are created in no time and then soon forgotten again by the sims. But also all the missing options for anything to go wrong make the game boring and for me not worth playing.
  • Options
    VGismyIDVGismyID Posts: 22 New Member
    Ehh, I still don't like it. The Sims 4 has too much missing still. 2 EP's and a handful of 'packs' later.
    I can't find it in me to play for more then a few mins without getting annoyed or bored.. or bored and annoyed.
  • Options
    TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,594 Member
    I love the Sims 3 and I like the Sims 4. I'm sure I'll love the Sims 4 when it has seasons expansion and every other expansion finally released too.

I think too many people see the "next" game in the series as some kinda of "end" for the previous game but I've never understood this. The Sims isn't Fifa after all. In some ways the Sims is more like an RPG, and who doesn't love going back to play older rpgs?

I love Persona 3 for example and excited for Persona 5 - but its never going to replace 3 even if its as good or better. Each is their own game.
  • Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    I don't see the next game in the Sims series as some kind of "end" (and truthfully I have no idea what you're even talking about), but I do expect it to be an improved advancement. And although they started adding RPG elements to TS3, it was still a life simulation game where we had the tools, sims, and content to make our own gameplay.

That is the essence of the sims to me. The tools and sims and content to make my own gameplay. The fact that they've added so many more RPG elements to TS4 than they even had in TS3, taken away most of the creative tools, and didn't even bother to give us the full range of life stages (or even made the sims unique for that matter), is exactly what ruins it for me. Although I can't forget the ridiculous, cartoon graphics, exaggerated animations, oversized objects, and toilet humor and content they keep adding to this edition. That's another nail on the coffin as far as I'm concerned. Obviously YMMV.
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,615 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    I still don't get playing with Sim's Emotions. The Emotions are so... weak and, to me, worse than TS3 emotions and even more worse than TS2 emotions.

I still remember how a Guru said, "If you thought emotions were great in the other games then we did a good job of fooling you. TS4 emotions are more real." -I'm paraphrasing because I don't have the link any more. It really irritates me when I play- these annoying emotions.

"For example, we say something along the line of, "hey, these new emotions Sims have are pretty rad", and people counter with, "but my Sims have always had emotions". Well… ok, maybe we did a convincing job selling that fiction in previous games, but truly your Sims haven’t had anything like this before." -Graham Nardone

Wow, he said that? :( That was terrible. I wish I've never read that. And they really actually thought that TS4 emotions were that much superior? This is also sad. :s
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    ellensim89 wrote: »
    "Like all the other Sims 3 lovers," ... well, I don't slam it (TS4*) for no reason. You might have, but I don't.

Happy Simming- for whichever Sims game you want to play. :mrgreen:

I should edit that shouldn't I? Like SOME of the other Sims 3 Lovers. When it was released though, it SEEMED like ALL of them :D

I think you should. o:)
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options

*googles slate, just to make sure*
    *ends up confused* :D
    You, slating Sims 3? :p

LOL @JoAnne65
  • Options
    IfreshyehIfreshyeh Posts: 1,403 Member
    Ifreshyeh wrote: »
    I still don't get playing with Sim's Emotions. The Emotions are so... weak and, to me, worse than TS3 emotions and even more worse than TS2 emotions.

I still remember how a Guru said, "If you thought emotions were great in the other games then we did a good job of fooling you. TS4 emotions are more real." -I'm paraphrasing because I don't have the link any more. It really irritates me when I play- these annoying emotions.

I don't think Sims 4 emotions are as bad as Sims 3 Sims. I hate Sims 3 sims, they act like robots. Sims 4 they feel more alive, I'll give Sims 4 that.

Okay- You have the right to think that. I have the right to disagree whole heartedly. I don't like over emotional swinging, freakishly smiling Sims. :mask:

I can't even get my sims to be over emotional. They always get back to being happy before I get to process anything.

Yes- their Emotions swinging back and forth and back and forth in seconds IS over-emotional in my opinion.

Oops I should practice my english a little more
  • Options
    TOLKIEN wrote: »
    I love the Sims 3 and I like the Sims 4. I'm sure I'll love the Sims 4 when it has seasons expansion and every other expansion finally released too.

I think too many people see the "next" game in the series as some kinda of "end" for the previous game but I've never understood this. The Sims isn't Fifa after all. In some ways the Sims is more like an RPG, and who doesn't love going back to play older rpgs?

I love Persona 3 for example and excited for Persona 5 - but its never going to replace 3 even if its as good or better. Each is their own game.
    People should stop filling in for others why they like/love or do not like/love a game ;) All I expected from Sims 4 was that it would be an improved experience in general, simply because there's a lot to improve about Sims 3. I think they tried with the emotions, listening to people who complained about the somewhat stiff sims in 3, but I think they handled it the wrong way. And reading @Jessa_Dakkar 's quote, they apparently even thought they'd handle it better than in Sims 2. It's quite clear that's not the case. Which leaves people who loved the sims in 2 disappointed and people who love the sims in 3 (not everybody dislikes reserved characters and their emotions in fact also work more accurately) don't like the over the topishness of the new sims. As someone who played Sims 2 for the first time in 2015 I can assure you they remind me of my sims in 3 rather than those in 4 by the way. And I prefer it. On my 'issues with Sims 4' list the sims themselves are somewhere at the top.

This game isn't about weather or pets or features like that. The sims must feel right, in both behaviour as reactions. If I try to put my finger on what frustrates me when I play the game, it's sims that act unnatural, need ages to do basic things (there's a lot of staring around doing nothing in the game, far more than in 3) and they ignore my instructions too often. And when they do ignore them it's never to do something interesting, most of the time it is to slip into a conversation animation with some sim I don't care about. In short: they are wasting my time too often.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    TOLKIEN wrote: »

The whole problem is that EA doesn't see the game in that way either. I have studied the way EA makes Sims games and not only the PC versions. From that it becomes clear that there is a huge conflict between the way EA sees the games to the ways that different simmers see the games.

EA's way:
    1. To EA the Sims games are all just different ways to make dollhouse games and EA has been experimenting a lot with the different ideas about that. But the main concept is that the games all are about creating sims and to build and decorate houses for the sims. For EA that is the core of all the games while the actual gameplay can vary from game to game.
    2. Another thing which are common for all the Sims game though is that they are without real violence. EA doesn't think that it would be acceptable to have dolls killing eachother in a dollhouse game and the monsters in the games can't ever kill neither the sims nor eachother either. So the games are meant to always be harmless and peaceful. The sims can die - but not really anyway because they can come back as ghosts or sometimes even as real sims again.
    3. Everything else can be changed and experimented with. Some of the games have children while other Sims games only have adult sims. Some are sandbox games completely while other Sims games have RPG elements to varying degrees.

But simmers usually fall in love with certain parts of the games and often not the parts which for EA are the core of the games. This especially have been true for simmers who loved to let their sims have children and to raise children because EA doesn't feel that this is nearly as important for a dollhouse game which for EA mainly should be about creating dolls and dollhouses.

EA doesn't see each Sims game as an improved version of the previous game but instead as a new experiment about a new way to make such a game and EA apparently wants every Sims game to be as different from the previous Sims game as possible. Therefore EA uses millions of dollars on the creation of a completely new game engine for each new Sims game for PCs in an attempt to attract as many new customers to the Sims games as possible and to avoid that anybody won't buy the new Sims game thinking that it only is a slightly improved version of the previous game and therefore maybe not worth buying.
  • Options
    SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    It is possible to love Sims 1, Sims 2, Sims 3 and Sims 4, all at the same time. I love the open world of Sims 3, and the color wheel, but I don't love the rabbitholes of Sims 3. I love the way emotions have a wider impact on Sims 4 sims, but miss the expressive gestures of Sims 1,2, and 3, that simulated emotions, and the red furious background of Sims (the one that timed out after a certain period) when they were furious in Sims 1 and Sims 2. I miss the nostalgia of Sims 1, and the way Superstar expansion pack was done in a way that no EP was ever done after that. I miss making charms and spells in Sims 1 Makin Magic (though this was brought back to a certain extent in Sims 3 Supernatural with the alchemy skill), the roller coasters of Sims 1 Makin Magic and Sims 3 store sets/worlds, the quests given by magic vendors in Sims 1 MM, the magic dueling in Sims 1 MM, the cutscene animations in Sims 2, the special travel achievements in Sims 2 Bon Voyage, the dances, songs and gestures of each destination in Sims 2 Bon Voyage, the flower arranging station in Sims 2 Open For Business, and the toddlers of Sims 2 and Sims 3, and the way Sims 2 sims could influence other Sims to do stuff. I don't miss how long University took to complete in Sims 2, or that the Young Adult lifestage in Sims 2 was limited to Sims 2 university students only, or that Adult/Elder Sims could not attend university in Sims 2. I don't miss the Rebel, Nerd and Jock groups in Sims 3 (it was weird having Elder Sims as part of these groups, and any work put into gaining influence in these groups was often quickly lost once a Sim exited University). I think the Sims 4 clubs system is much better than the Rebels/Jocks/Nerds in Sims 3. When I play earlier Sims games, I miss the multi-tasking and the build tools (especially the ability to modify placed structures) from Sims 4.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.