Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Protest Sims 4

Comments

• Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    Gee Wiz can't we all just get along already, Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, there is no reason to put others down cause they do not have the same opinion as you do, just stop already, try to make the forums a better place for everyone, we all do not have to like the Sims 4 the same way others do, thank you.
  • Options
    MendotaMendota Posts: 794 Member
    I was hoping for something great , I hope that the developers finally woke up and listen to their fans on this expansion pack coming out in November. I may be overacting but from the looks of it I don't see anything many of the fans want. Yes some wanted City Live but Sims developers truly took out the what made Sims important . I mean I miss having my family having food fights, getting sun burn, putting my teen on punishment, having a firefighter career ( but they gave us political career oh wow ) , washing my baby in the tube I can keep going but this siMS serious is nothing but robotic . What are they truly focusing on and who are they truly listening to . They keep saying they hear us but the only thing they hear are coins dropping in their pockets. Can someone please explain what is or why is it so hard for them to add these features. I think I WOULD not even be this frustrated if we get a real explanation or at least one feature added to the game that we have been asking for over 2 years now . IN the next expansion pack we have a talking toilet . A TALKING TOILET . Raise you hands ;since the Developers are truly listening to us; ask for a talking toilet. I am sure that I am going to get heat from those fans that get excited or justify every game Sims make. However , I do not care at this point . You even have websites that have lost interest in the Sims 4 and signing off . I mean yes they hear us to shut us up. I guess the fans that are feed up the developer think we are plum . I read where they make a laundry room stuff pack Do ya hear me Laundry Room Stuff pack. An some of the Sim fans are like that will be so cool. Noooooooo it would not it should of been in the game in the first place. Can we or should we come together those who are serious and stop buying the came .I don't know sign a petition . Tired of being bamboozled . Let's start banning the games and we should start with one in November since they are so called care about their fans. P.S why is there a feed back or idea section for this community ? When they never truly use our ideas.

What is stopping you from lecturing your teens and putting them on punishment as part of your story? As for laundry, I downloaded a nice set of washers and dryers from Sims Resource. Check them out, they may tide you over. As for me I find all the new things in the coming expansion a lot more exciting then doing laundry (hate it in real life), but to each his own. I too have pre ordered so they have made me happy.

• Options
    HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    Many people want many different features (back). That's the point.
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• Options
    KelleygirlKelleygirl Posts: 599 Member
    I loved The Sims 3. Back in the day when I was playing it five or more hours a day, the only time I came into the forums was to ask a question about CAW, search for new worlds available for download, or read info about upcoming content. I didn't feel the need to hang around the forums defending the game to anyone that didn't like it, because I was too busy enjoying it.

What I've noticed this time around is that some Sims 4 players feel it isn't enough for them to love the game; they also feel the need to spend a lot of time on the forums putting down others who don't feel the exact same way they do about this new iteration.

To the OP, I feel your pain. To me, this game is boring and shallow. While CAS and build mode offer a little bit of creativity, the gameplay just feels as if it's the same stuff, over and over. You want to visit your neighbors, here's your loading screen. You like that sofa but want it in a certain shade of blue, you can't do that. And apparently with City Living, if you want an apartment, you can only have it in this "town".

OP, it's apparent English isn't your first language and I'm sure when you say "ban", you mean "boycott". I've been boycotting TS4 via my wallet for a while now. I know EA doesn't care if they lose MY business, because I'm just one of many, but it should say a lot when someone who has purchased almost everything available for past iterations for over 15 years no longer has any interest in purchasing their products. They could have made a game that utilized 2014 technology, a game with interactive backgrounds and neighborhoods, full of depth and character. They chose instead to make a game with loading screens, backdrops, and toilet humor, complete with shallow Sims and talking toilets.

The Feedback section of the forums should be for people who want to talk about what they'd like added to the game, or how much they dislike the direction the game is going. Instead, it's practically policed by those who shut down anyone's attempt to post useful suggestions or share their frustration.

The above is of course, only my opinion. :)
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Kelleygirl wrote: »
    I loved The Sims 3. Back in the day when I was playing it five or more hours a day, the only time I came into the forums was to ask a question about CAW, search for new worlds available for download, or read info about upcoming content. I didn't feel the need to hang around the forums defending the game to anyone that didn't like it, because I was too busy enjoying it.

What I've noticed this time around is that some Sims 4 players feel it isn't enough for them to love the game; they also feel the need to spend a lot of time on the forums putting down others who don't feel the exact same way they do about this new iteration.

I feel that actually that goes both ways. You have many people who openly admit they don't enjoy the sims 4 commenting on threads and being negative. I personally can't understand it, if I don't like a game, I wouldn't waste my time criticising it constantly on their forum. People should be able to voice their opinion of the game, absolutely but I think that's what the feedback section is for. It's got to the stage now some people actually have to title their threads "Postive thread" and that's not something anyone should have to do. The negativity far outweighs the positivity.

Personally speaking I left the forums a few months back because I was sick to the back teeth of threads complaining. I was sick of threads being de railed by unhappy people.

I absolutely understand people's frustrations with the game, I myself have some challenges with it. I don't think the Sims 4 is the best game of the series but nor do I think it's the worst game ever made. I can see both sides.
  • Options
    TheDismalSimmerTheDismalSimmer Posts: 656 Member
    edited September 2016

@ashleymw981

Okay...you're frustrated. I get that.

If you actually read through the comments, most of the people here are either agreeing with you or are sorry you don't like the game and are trying to sympathize with you. Please don't let your frustrations with the game affect how you view other players. You have every right to dislike the game and voice your opinion, but it's a bit harsh to make blanket statements against people who do like the game or how the developers implement things.

Of course you wont ........ No I don't want the sims developers to focus on my ;play style ; in all honesty if you are a so called fan the play style I LIKE is the play style that has made the Sims franchise. I am tired of the .......

This is an incredibly egotistical statement. Statements like these are what causes the criticism, not because you dislike the game.

I am a fan of The Sims. I build things. Without players like me, there will be no houses on the gallery for people to download. City Life brings lots of cool new build mode objects, and it must be a good pack because it enhances my way of playing. Any so-called fan should also have this kind of playstyle because that is what made the Sims franchise. Do you see how bad it sounds?

But fun fact: the original Sims started out as an architecture simulator.
    dgvibNQ.png
  • Options
    SucomSucom Posts: 1,709 Member
    I don't think it's a case of Sims 4 not being good in its own right, because it IS a good game in its own right; I think it's more a case of the things which are 'missing' or perhaps I should say 'absent' from the game which is spoiling it.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Gee Wiz can't we all just get along already, Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, there is no reason to put others down cause they do not have the same opinion as you do, just stop already, try to make the forums a better place for everyone, we all do not have to like the Sims 4 the same way others do, thank you.

I agree. I wish that people could respect other people's opinions more. It's not 2014 anymore, in fact it is not even 2015 either. Those days should be over by now.
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    funshine40funshine40 Posts: 1 New Member
    they don't even have toddlers and there isn't much exciting things about a sim vanishing at the end of the block; not being able to see where they work at it's basically an advanced version of sims1 ... i am sorry but it's true.. maybe they got bits of pieces of sims2 but i like them to be able to move out at least base game or otherwise.. the game is so hard to navigate and move the camera around and everything is user directed it just sucks all the way around.. i am sure if you caught your spouse kissing at the mailbox with someone you wouldn't just say it's okay whatever i forgive you.. you would be upset ... i hope anyways..
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    edited September 2016
    I'm with the others staging a counterprotest. I'm placing my preorder for City Living in roughly two weeks.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member
    edited September 2016
    Also, the end of a quarter has ridges.

Did you know that if you are only looking at one side of a ridge, you can’t see the other side? But if you wait, and let yourself move forward… just a short bit, you might find yourself on the other side of the ridge, able to see more.

Is it better on the other side? It might be, but I suppose in the end it all depends on the perception of which side of the quarter you are looking from, and prefer.

I really don't know whether or not to take this company seriously anymore. Did she really just come out of her mouth and blame the CUSTOMERS again.... She's a joke. She honestly is. Nothing was even fixed in this patch. What a waste. She didn't even need to type anything, especially that last tid bit that I just quoted.

All she's doing is promoting further division within the community. As if there already isn't enough. How condescending is it to say "also the end of a quarter has ridges." We know. We're not idiots. :| I'm just so tired of being blamed for trying and actually wanting to be a loyal customer. I've been protesting this game and I will continue. There's nothing more to see here besides blatant disrespect.

Edit: I guess this is some inside joke they have about future content... But it doesn't sound ominous at all. I wonder what they will release.
    p6tqefj
  • Options
    ByondTime89ByondTime89 Posts: 1,505 Member
    I'm not a huge fan of the talking toilet and would much prefer to social bunny person but I enjoy Sims 4 as much as I enjoyed Sims 2! It's probably my favorite in the series. While I don't buy every pack that comes out, I do enjoy seeing all the new and interesting features and I look forward to what's coming in the future. So, I don't think I'll be boycotting anytime soon, but more power to you! I think if you're not enjoying something you should definitely stop supporting it and find something better.
    Gallery & Origin ID: ByondTime89
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    edited September 2016
    It's so funny to see people complain about people complaining and the very ones always comment if you dont like sims 4 go back to Sims 2 or 3. My thing is if you like Sims 4 so much why are not playing the game instead of complaining about people complaining everyday in these particular threads?
    Post edited by Briana2425 on
  • Options
    OMGiLoveIceCreamOMGiLoveIceCream Posts: 603 Member
    Just because EA didn't add what you wanted doesn't mean they aren't listening to any of us. An urban pack was what I wanted most. And I'm sure many others have had the same story.
    I will not protest!
  • Options
    Arose_08Arose_08 Posts: 23 Member
    I have lost interest in the sims 4 and I have gone back to playing the sims 2 and 3, I just feel like I have to force myself to play it. I have started challenges to peak my interest in the game again but it doesn't work, I end up getting bored and switching it off. I think I am just going to wait for them to release more content for the game that makes it exciting.

I know if I buy the city living ep my hype for the game will last for about a month, before I am bored again. I really feel that the sims franchise is going down hill.

• Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    As much as I think Sims 4 is lacking, I say no to protesting. EA/Maxis chose this path to Sims 4 and they are not going to change it. Just let it go and keep your wallet closed that is as close as you are going to get.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    ashleymw981ashleymw981 Posts: 100 Member
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    It's so funny to see people complain about people complaining and the very great if you dont like seems go back to Sims 2 or 3. My thing is if you like Sims 4 so much why are not playing the game instead of complaining about people complaining everyday in these particular threads?

My thing is people like you have issues with people complaining you decide to read their post. I did not the post title says protest so you made the choice to read. Once again , I have right to complain .

• Options
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    As much as I think Sims 4 is lacking, I say no to protesting. EA/Maxis chose this path to Sims 4 and they are not going to change it. Just let it go and keep your wallet closed that is as close as you are going to get.
    Thank so much for understanding where I am coming from. What people lack is understanding, instead of trying to think they are putting me in my place lol no one not even the producers can answer the reason why they have not put the features in the Sims 4 that many people have asked for.

• Options
    Just because EA didn't add what you wanted doesn't mean they aren't listening to any of us. An urban pack was what I wanted most. And I'm sure many others have had the same story.

Lol , are you serious. Sims 4 is not listening to me its a fact and million other fans like me . Sorry but to charge their fans for a laundry room stuff pack and you still trying to say they are listening. That is your opinion and I have mine. I am not going to drool over sims games that has no content at all.
    I will not protest!

• Options
    Ravager619 wrote: »
    I'm with the others staging a counterprotest. I'm placing my preorder for City Living in roughly two weeks.
    . Counter protest there is no need lol . Tell why are people preordering if you can download the game in the first place.

• Options
    funshine40 wrote: »
    they don't even have toddlers and there isn't much exciting things about a sim vanishing at the end of the block; not being able to see where they work at it's basically an advanced version of sims1 ... i am sorry but it's true.. maybe they got bits of pieces of sims2 but i like them to be able to move out at least base game or otherwise.. the game is so hard to navigate and move the camera around and everything is user directed it just plum all the way around.. i am sure if you caught your spouse kissing at the mailbox with someone you wouldn't just say it's okay whatever i forgive you.. you would be upset ... i hope anyways..

Thank you.
  • Options

@ashleymw981

Okay...you're frustrated. I get that.

If you actually read through the comments, most of the people here are either agreeing with you or are sorry you don't like the game and are trying to sympathize with you. Please don't let your frustrations with the game affect how you view other players. You have every right to dislike the game and voice your opinion, but it's a bit harsh to make blanket statements against people who do like the game or how the developers implement things.

Of course you wont ........ No I don't want the sims developers to focus on my ;play style ; in all honesty if you are a so called fan the play style I LIKE is the play style that has made the Sims franchise. I am tired of the .......

This is an incredibly egotistical statement. Statements like these are what causes the criticism, not because you dislike the game.

I am a fan of The Sims. I build things. Without players like me, there will be no houses on the gallery for people to download. City Life brings lots of cool new build mode objects, and it must be a good pack because it enhances my way of playing. Any so-called fan should also have this kind of playstyle because that is what made the Sims franchise. Do you see how bad it sounds?

But fun fact: the original Sims started out as an architecture simulator.

I truly understand where you are coming from . However, I just feel that not everyone where not was so concerning . Some were out right rude in response I could of been rude back. Don't make its seem like I was irate when I responded to disrespectful or passive aggressive comments. Do they have a right to make a comment towards me yes. Do I have a right to respond back yes. I don't need people to lecture me like I am child when your view is one sided in the situation. If your going to quote me quote everyone .

• Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    edited September 2016
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    It's so funny to see people complain about people complaining and the very great if you dont like seems go back to Sims 2 or 3. My thing is if you like Sims 4 so much why are not playing the game instead of complaining about people complaining everyday in these particular threads?

My thing is people like you have issues with people complaining you decide to read their post. I did not the post title says protest so you made the choice to read. Once again , I have right to complain .

@ashleymw981 I'm on your side I'm complaining about them. Read my post again.
  • Options
    MintyfreshMintyfresh Posts: 5 New Member
    So uh...this is all about toddlers huh?

Don't buy it if you don't want to but this expansion pack is adding more than just talking toilets.
  • Options
    Mintyfresh wrote: »
    So uh...this is all about toddlers huh?

Don't buy it if you don't want to but this expansion pack is adding more than just talking toilets.
    Lol wow, way to try to put words in people's mouth . You choose not to read so I choose not to explain fyi no its not about toddlers.