Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So what do you think about the copy room feature?

I don't know what I think about t yet. I guess it will be useful if you want to add the same room to another part of your house.

Comments

• Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    It can also be used to copy roofs and stairs.

Roofs are particularly useful when creating multi-part ones.
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    Awesome! Previously you would have to save that room to your gallery to copy it. This way is much faster and better. :)
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    @catloverplayer It's more useful when building for copying empty rooms and balconies you created etc, rather than having to do the same actions repeatedly for symmetry or multiple floors.

Probably works on fountains and pools too, as they work like rooms regarding moving and shaping.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I like the feature! I think it will be useful for building.
  • Options
    PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    Love it! Very useful for public restrooms and changing rooms (so you don't have to build basically the same room twice for men and a for women).
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    Ironically, it would have been best used to create apartments as you could just copy rooms to add to the next level up.
    I don't think I will have much use for it as I don't have duplicate rooms in my homes. Each room is unique. Now saving rooms is useful as I may use the same room in other homes.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    It'll be awesome when making hotels, dorms etc. Even if you don't want the rooms identical in layout, you can give them all the same items/décor by copying the first, then reshaping each room and rearranging furniture in each after.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    It'll be awesome when making hotels, dorms etc. Even if you don't want the rooms identical in layout, you can give them all the same items/décor by copying the first, then reshaping each room and rearranging furniture in each after.

Yeah, it will be useful in the future if we get those things.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    Well I am enthused as it's one of the things I specifically requested! Really useful if you're making things like a dorm, hotel, prison, or caravan site.
  • Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    Awesome! Previously you would have to save that room to your gallery to copy it. This way is much faster and better. :)

YOU! You're the one who wants woohoo in an elevator and wants it so much you spammed everyone else out of existence in the livestream!! Grrr!
  • Options
    IngeJones wrote: »

YOU! You're the one who wants woohoo in an elevator and wants it so much you spammed everyone else out of existence in the livestream!! Grrr!

Sorry. :)
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    It'll be really useful for creating balconies since you had to save, go to the gallery, then place it and repeat as many times as needed.
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    This is actually cool. I can now build a house where all rooms look same.
  • Options
    lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    I'm very excited about this. I wanted this feature since the base game launched and now we're getting it. Once I built a decorative apartment complex and I had to save the room in the gallery and then download it to place it in upper floors so they would have the same layout. This feature would be perfect if we could build actual apartment complexes, though.
  • Options
    DeeTsimsDeeTsims Posts: 176 Member
    I look forward to using the new copy room feature. When building I frequently like to make bedrooms similar, especially for children, so I will find copying very handy.
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    I like it for the simple fact that the more tools we have the better. Choices are good.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    I build sometimes, but I've never wanted to copy a room. I'm not against more tools though. Maybe I'll find use for it.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I can't think of a reason why I would need this... maybe to copy the shape of a room, but the room and all of it's contents, no.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    I can't think of a reason why I would need this... maybe to copy the shape of a room, but the room and all of it's contents, no.

I need it. :)
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    papersuitcasepapersuitcase Posts: 838 Member
    edited September 2016
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    I love it a lot. I make a lot of dorms and hotels so it'll come in handy.

It's also useful if you're like me and make separate but identical men and women's bathrooms in public venues.
  • Options
    hafizchanhafizchan Posts: 232 Member
    Useful for when I'm going to make a hostel for my coven of witches......when we get witches....but you get the point....
    Happiness!
    j9pm6g.gif
  • Options
    mrkingvmrkingv Posts: 103 Member
    I love it! Can't wait to use it on balconies, gardens, fountains... and imagine how easier it would be to build a hotel, for example.
    GKOVUiH.png

Forum Discussion • Read it HERE
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I was working on a seniors' residence a couple of weeks ago and would have loved this. Identically decorating 7 rooms was pretty boring.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    it's a great feature
    & if i got it correctly copy roofs will be also possible
    every feature which enables people to get creative is great :grimace:

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Options
    HannieHannie Posts: 608 Member
    I love it! I've been wanting something like this ever since I started getting good (imo) at building!