Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New spooky pack

Comments

• Options
    JerrelloJerrello Posts: 896 Member
    I don't like my emotions being played with..This better be good.
  • Options
    kmariakmaria Posts: 282 Member
    kmaria wrote: »
    If this is more than a stuff pack, I can't see it coming before City Living.. am I totally off base here?

It will certainly not come before CL. They are just recording the background music, as the composer has posted. BTW, the music sounds wonderful.

simsvip.com/2016/09/23/sims-4-spooky-music-scary-new-packs-preview/

So hopefully no one gets their hopes up for it to be here in time for Halloween then!
  • Options
    PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    If this is more than a stuff pack, I can't see it coming before City Living.. am I totally off base here?

It will certainly not come before CL. They are just recording the background music, as the composer has posted. BTW, the music sounds wonderful.

Well, they didn't say that they are JUST recording... It could have been recorded months ago for all we know. But he said "coming soooooon" so I assume it must be almost ready. And I can't see maxis releasing a spooky pack much later than Halloween.
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,435 Member

Well, they didn't say that they are JUST recording... It could have been recorded months ago for all we know. But he said "coming soooooon" so I assume it must be almost ready. And I can't see maxis releasing a spooky pack much later than Halloween.
    To relase a big pack in the middle of the marketing campaign for CL would be economic Harakiri. If it is a GP, it might come out before Christmas to form an attractive 4th bundle with Kids Stuff and Backyard. But my guess is that this is an EP.

• Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Did the last GPs bring new orchestral background music? I would say this the preparation for EP04 - Supernatural.

There is a Spooky Music channel on the radios, that came with the last Spooky Stuff pack. Maybe they're recording the music for that?
  • Options
    MVWdeZT wrote: »
    If you know Latin, the two guys in the video clip are chanting "Ego sum, ego Dracula," which translates as "I am I, Dracula." I think we'll be getting vampires! (Not that I like vampires that much, but I know lots of simmers do.)

If so I hope their fierce like this..

a653a72e-ef16-4da2-abcf-8eb90718643a.png
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    I also think it kind of makes sense for them to release this pack before CL.
    1. They need a GP (if it's gonna be a GP) to bundle KRS and BS (oh come on. I meant backyard stuff) with.
    2. Many people have been expecting to get a life state with CL which didn't happen. So it would be a nice marketing move for EA to release vampires before CL to increase chances of selling CL to people who love supernaturals.
    3. Halloween. It's self-explanatory really. Everyone's excited for Halloween and wants to add some spookiness to their lives.
    I feel like it could be released 2 weeks into October,but I'm not saying that I'm 100% right.
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    One pack per spooky lifestate? Suits me! I might even have one of them if I can leave out the ones I don't like.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    TheSimer wrote: »

CONFIRMED!!! whohoo :D

• Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    edited September 2016
    I want an actual pack that's adding life states, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's just Spooky Stuff pt 2 :/
    If it's coming out before CL (October) it'll probably just be an SP since there hasn't been one since July. I don't see them releasing a GP right before an EP.
    Post edited by Polyrhythm on
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    Did the last GPs bring new orchestral background music? I would say this the preparation for EP04 - Supernatural.

There is a Spooky Music channel on the radios, that came with the last Spooky Stuff pack. Maybe they're recording the music for that?

But the radio channels consist of "bought" pop songs from bands (or bought classical music), not of atmospherical background music played by the studio orchestra.

• Options

You're Kidding....Here we go again.
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    I wouldn't mind a new lifestate. I would love having Makin Magic Game pack, that would be so nice!
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    asouthernwriterasouthernwriter Posts: 1,041 Member
    Whoever is in charge of putting out fires in that office has had a heck of a few months haha.

Sounds like they're not enforcing their rules. Like do they not talk to the people that come in about not posting on social media? I mean, this is the 2nd or 3rd time this has happened. I know The Walking Dead cast are watched like hawks. They can't post anything related to the show until the episode airs. I'm sure the same rules should still apply. I'm not mad though. I do like the leaks lol

• Options
    Whoever is in charge of putting out fires in that office has had a heck of a few months haha.

Sounds like they're not enforcing their rules. Like do they not talk to the people that come in about not posting on social media? I mean, this is the 2nd or 3rd time this has happened. I know The Walking Dead cast are watched like hawks. They can't post anything related to the show until the episode airs. I'm sure the same rules should still apply. I'm not mad though. I do like the leaks lol
    I'm sure the composer of the Sims doesn't post anything without permission. This is clever marketing.

• Options
    EisbergsEnteEisbergsEnte Posts: 146 Member
    edited September 2016
    Sounds like they're not enforcing their rules. Like do they not talk to the people that come in about not posting on social media? I mean, this is the 2nd or 3rd time this has happened.
    [...]
    I do like the leaks lol
    You never know. There could be 1 random employee who wants to see the world burn. They won't tell us anyway.

And agreed: I love the leaks, too. ^^
    QNWOqEZ.jpg
  • Options
    kmariakmaria Posts: 282 Member
    @asouthernwriter Good point... makes you wonder! Reminds me of the "little monsters" stuff awhile back with the voice actors.
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member

Just like how they leaked Spooky Stuff then the guy removed the image. Removing them is a sign of legit content. They also said Dine Out wasn't true but that leak proved to be as well.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options

But the radio channels consist of "bought" pop songs from bands (or bought classical music), not of atmospherical background music played by the studio orchestra.

Aaah, okay, gotcha.
  • Options

Apparently signing a Nondisclosure agreement isn't a thing there.
  • Options
    MinnieMouseMinnieMouse Posts: 262 Member
    I feel like this is very legit, but if it's a GP it probably won't be released before City Life. I don't think they would want packs competing for marketing time/space... It could get confusing. But that's just my thought. They might sneak an SP in there (still seems unlikely), but we had Spooky Stuff by the end of September last year, so idk.

I'm thinking it's probably a supernatural-themed EP/GP (as opposed to Spooky Stuff Part 2 or something like that), so it seems plausible that they could release it any time of year. I don't think it would have to be tied to October specifically.

Either way... I really can't wait for this pack, whatever it is. Here's hoping I'm wrong and they do release it in October. I <3 supernaturals. :)
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    I'm lost - are we getting a brand new spooky pack, spooky pack part 2 or divine dining?

Coz if it's the last two then they have GOT to be having a laugh. Giving us, basically, the same packs twice? Divine Dining is just a fancy dine out. What's the difference? Will you have to own DO to play DD?

Clearly it doesn't take much to confuse me. I'm excited for *anything* spooky or supernatural though so it better be good if its a whole NEW spooky/magic/supernatural pack. Not a part 2.

(I know this is all speculation but seeing these tweets it's probably going to happen, it's EA)

--T
  • Options
    AncaryvanAncaryvan Posts: 739 Member
    edited September 2016
    Still Want to Say Out Loud!
    1. TOMBSTONE NEEDS TO REMODEL IT'S TOO PLAIN UGLY!
    2. I OPTIMISTICALLY HOPE IT APPEAR AS ANOTHER WORLD DESTINATION GAME PACK LIKE CAMPING GRANITE FALL!
    Remember we can SUMMON ghost in Granite Fall. There should be no problem to have HAUNTED MANSION Theme Resort in Travel Destination
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65VG4IacGsg
    I literally play this music above when playing Sims 4! Cozy and Fuzzy