Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 is now darker then the sims 3.

Comments

• Options
    blueturtleotterblueturtleotter Posts: 867 Member
    edited September 2016
    @pepperjax1230 What is your opinion on this thread?

forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/785740/this-is-what-happens-when-your-sim-is-caught-cheating-pics#latest

The lack of sim reactions is one of the main complaints about the game that stops people enjoying and becoming immersed in it. Genuinely interested in how you can still find 4 better than the other games even though sims do not react appropriately.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    I repeat: Sims 3 HAS EARTHQUAKES.

Sry, I haven't read the whole thread yet. ^^

No problem. Actually if you never played the firefighter career in Sims 3 you would not have probably ever encountered the Earthquake anyway. So it is easy enough to see how it could be missed. LOL. Even with the career - it does not happen often.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited September 2016
    ....I don't know, but I always felt the older sims games were always much darker. I remembered being scared of creepy phone calls and the startling burglar and raccoon music in Sims 1...Lots of fires and deaths in Sims 1, 2, and several deaths in 3. (In 3, I remember being startled by my mermaid teen drying out and then dying. :frowning: )

I was always anxious having my sims fix stuff or cook stuff in the older games. I haven't had any deaths in sims 4 so far.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member

No problem. Actually if you never played the firefighter career in Sims 3 you would not have probably ever encountered the Earthquake anyway. So it is easy enough to see how it could be missed. LOL. Even with the career - it does not happen often.

I have played it a few times but I am yet to see an earthquake :neutral:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    marx13marx13 Posts: 48 Member
    ....I don't know, but I always felt the older sims games were always much darker. I remembered being scared of creepy phone calls and the startling burglar and raccoon music in Sims 1

"You're fired."
    *bone chilling music ensues*

Dark is saying the least lol. It's twice as bad when you're a little kid but I still loved it.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    King of Simcity - I played through the whole career to become a Hero fireman and saw just two in all that time and both occurred when my Sim ( my hubbies Sim Self as he is a volunteer fireman in real life - lol) was the Hero level. So it did take a long time playing the career.

I also had the added problem of one of the patches temp messing up the career for a while - I think it was the Pets recode patch that messed it up - so it might have been why it took so long as well to see one. I really can't say as I honestly have not played that career since that Sim topped it. In fact I moved my sims to a user created world after that and changed careers. It is one of the harder career paths to follow for sure in Sims 3.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member

The firefighter was one of my favorite careers and I played it often. Most of the time there was at least one earthquake. That's one of the reasons I'm waiting to see what TS4 earthquakes consist of.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    AkramA wrote: »
    Now that I think about it, I think sims 3 is a lot darker since how easy it is for sims to die of anything. I'm always affraid if my sims repairing a TV or cook a meal because there's so many casualty on the incident that already happen with those two activity.

Ah, you're Sims3 game must be different from mine. I can probably count on one hand the number of unintentional, random deaths that occurred in the entire span of the game. Because of this, I missed Sims2. And in order to have a random, freak-accidental death in Sims4, I have to work at it. :open_mouth: I'm so not into killing people, I mean Sims.

You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    I agree, the house interiors of TS4 are a lot darker than the interiors in TS3. :wink:
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    I have had no Sims 4 deaths - but then I barely play Sims 4 - so that is why. In Sims 2 and Sims 3 the only deaths my sims have is old age - as I go to great means to not let them die. On top of it I resurrect any Sims that die before old age - including Maxis Sims. I feel awful - as silly as that probably sounds to some people - if any Sim did not get to live out a full life and all.

You know all the graves in the Maxis towns - they are all empty in my Sims 2 game - as I even brought the elders back - found ways to give them back their youth and gave them a life even. Some were a bit glitchy at times (Sims 2 graves in particular. Had to fix files with Simpe a lot - lol) - but I enjoyed it.

I really - REALLY - do not like Sims dying.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    libra_stylelibra_style Posts: 1,229 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Harrison wrote: »
    Expisaly with these new lot traits. Did your power go out in the sims 3? No. Would earthquakes shakes you sims houses? No. (Unless you count dystopian oasis landing.) And what was the darkest thing we had in the sims 3? Cartoonish meteors killing your sims rarelty. This, in my opinion is why sims 4 is better then sims 3.

Sure, there are no earthquakes in TS3, but it can be dark...

(that creepy girl again!)

Wow, wait..there ARE earthquakes in TS3?

(Yes, I think she haunts the forums D:)

I've never thad this expansion pack, I wonder if it caused destruction on buildings or whatever
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Expisaly with these new lot traits. Did your power go out in the sims 3? No. Would earthquakes shakes you sims houses? No. (Unless you count dystopian oasis landing.) And what was the darkest thing we had in the sims 3? Cartoonish meteors killing your sims rarelty. This, in my opinion is why sims 4 is better then sims 3.

I've never thad this expansion pack, I wonder if it caused destruction on buildings or whatever

Yes, Ambitions firefighter earthquakes do cause damage.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    edited September 2016

Yes, Ambitions firefighter earthquakes do cause damage.

And lots of fires, explosions as well. Sims get trapped under things and your fireman has to dig them out and save them. Between the two my firefighter went to he saved about 9 or 10 sims and several babies and toddlers, and a puppy.

Come to think of it - the last one still did not end well though as he lost most of the house to fires trying to save all the Sims - as that is the one he saved the babies, the toddlers, and a puppy and 3 adult sims.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member

The firefighter was one of my favorite careers and I played it often. Most of the time there was at least one earthquake. That's one of the reasons I'm waiting to see what TS4 earthquakes consist of.

I just got a few fires and some 'incidents' involving gnomes... :open_mouth:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    My teen mermaid sim constantly dying on the school steps (or was it bleachers behind the school) every time he came out of school, due to default mermaids drying out fast and routing issues (and no water nearby), with other teen Sims not being aware of him dying and leaving him to die, was a tiny bit dark for me, lol.

(I had to use a teleportation cheat to prevent him from dying other times after reviving him with cheats.

I ended up editing almost all community lots and rabbit hole areas to have pools to prevent the deaths of my mermaids, lol.)

ETA: This is why I mod my sims games, especially sims 3, lol.
    (She/her)
  • Options
    auramarisauramaris Posts: 154 Member
    Yeah remember when everyone said their houses were very dark and asked for brighter lights? TS4 is darker for sure.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    My teen mermaid sim constantly dying on the school steps (or was it bleachers behind the school) every time he came out of school, due to default mermaids drying out fast and routing issues (and no water nearby), with other teen Sims not being aware of him dying and leaving him to die, was a tiny bit dark for me, lol.

(I had to use a teleportation cheat to prevent him from dying other times after reviving him with cheats.

I ended up editing almost all community lots and rabbit hole areas to have pools to prevent the deaths of my mermaids, lol.)

I have actually never played with the merfolks directly - my sims have plenty of merfolk friends - but I never actually played them. I played all the other supernaturals though. I love the fairies and the Witches the most.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    edited September 2016
    Yeah, I love the mermaids, but I had to mod them so they didn't dry up, and so they can eat stuff beyond just kelp.

The mermaids also SWAM everywhere, even if it was faster to use a boat, which was ANNOYING, and if left alone, my sims would go the long way around, so it would take my mermaid sim almost an entire day just to go to the grocery store, lol! (Such dumb sims.)

ETA: I love mermaids, but they had some annoying quirks.
    (She/her)
  • Options
    EisbergsEnteEisbergsEnte Posts: 146 Member
    edited September 2016

rofl....
    Tourist: "Why is there a swimming pool right in front of your graveyard?"
    Townie: "Well, it's there for the mermaids. We don't want to bury dead mermaid bodies all day long..."
    Tourist: o_O
    QNWOqEZ.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2016

rofl....
    Tourist: "Why is there a swimming pool right in front of your graveyard?"
    Townie: "Well, it's there for the mermaids. We don't want to bury dead mermaid bodies all day long..."
    Tourist: o_O

LOL, YES, perfect! LOVE this!!! :lol:
    (She/her)
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member

I had a similar issue with a vampire sim ant university. He had the fine arts courses and one of the active classes was sitting outside and sketching. He passed out and then his thirst meter was draining so quickly afterwards I just couldn't get him enough plasma juice in time lol.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    Sorry, though I prefer darker, and yet, I prefer the Sims 4 (I like the sims 3 too though) I just don't think the Sims 4 is nearly as dark as the Sims 3. The things you mention-they aren't exactly what I would consider dark. I think the sims 4 still has a ways go to on that subject.
  • Options
    Polyrhythm wrote: »

I had a similar issue with a vampire sim ant university. He had the fine arts courses and one of the active classes was sitting outside and sketching. He passed out and then his thirst meter was draining so quickly afterwards I just couldn't get him enough plasma juice in time lol.

Oh, wow, too funny! :lol: I forgot about the poor vampires. Sorry you had to deal with that.

(I think that's why I used Nraas to get rid of the vampire states for some sims--because I already had enough to deal with, what with my sim families having all of the mermaids and all.)
    (She/her)