Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4: City Life (Apartments)... this is pathetic!

Comments

• Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    Speak for yourself. Personally, I'm thrilled that apartments are restricted to one city. It makes them all the more important!

My sarcasm detector has gone haywire - do I need to re-calibrate :)
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    boyinflorida21boyinflorida21 Posts: 477 Member
    We have a small amount of space in our worlds now like I said before. I have ran out of space already. So even if we could build them it would be no where to put them. They need to give us bigger worlds with 50 lots or more to have enough room to exspand. The small world's they give us do not help. And there is no room to do anything.
  • Options
    EpicSimsEpicSims Posts: 397 Member
    edited September 2016
    I couldn't agree with you MORE on every single sentence you wrote here, @Lustianicia.
    This freaking news about restriction on building apartments is just so extremely disappointing!!!!

AND A LOADING SCREEN ??? SERIOUSLY!!!????????????????????????????????????
    OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish it was just my nightmare!!!
    What is all this mess?

I can't believe all of these ... I can't take it anymore!
    Just about two days ago, I was very much excited about City Living and now what?
    Their ideas about a loading screen and restriction are too dumb.
    Why are they doing this ?? I won't waste my money on that mess!!
    (On the bright side, I can save ma money, lol :) But this is not the point here!!)
  • Options
    PandypinkPandypink Posts: 165 Member
    shadowicia wrote: »
    The mess is called Sims 4. It should be called Sims blast from the past because we've went back into a time warp to Sims 1,
    Lol I don't think we can even call it this as even Sims 1 has some basic things Sims 4 doesn't. I'm still excited for the pack but it is a little disappointing of the limitations. I wish we could have both. It'd be cool to have the high rise shell buildings like Sims 3 and then the more standard apartments where you can see everyone like in Sims 2 together.
    Sims 3 Wishlist
  • Options
    shadowiciashadowicia Posts: 591 Member
    edited September 2016

True, Sims 1 was actually pretty fun
  • Options
    OMGiLoveIceCreamOMGiLoveIceCream Posts: 603 Member
    Back at it again with the bashing...
    I'm in love with this new apartment system, don't ruin it for those who actually like it by bashing, bash, bash.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    is building an apartment by the player a difficult task for the developers?

Well, if you can't do it then DONT do it. People has been asking for functional apartments since the TS3 days. they want the freedom to build apartments anywhere the style they want. We did not ask for shells.

Is that too complex or difficult to understand?

Apartments are a lot more than things to build. Why should nonbuilders have to give up apartment-related gameplay just because builders can't build them from scratch? Why should those of us who don't mind loading screens for neighbours (which we already have) have to give up apartment gameplay because people who already play with loading screens (assuming those people play Sims 4) don't want them there? Builders are not the whole player base. People who hate loading screens are not the whole player base.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    okesterokester Posts: 4,136 Member
    I'm hoping that maybe high-rises will be available in debug like in 3, even if the lot type can't be set to "Apartment" in other towns, or vice versa ("Apartment" lot type, but no high-rises.)
    Origin ID: Okest3r_13 Check out my Sims 4 creations!
  • Options
    Forest_NinjaForest_Ninja Posts: 1,181 Member
    So... the developers have (once again) done the complete opposite of what fans actually wanted... In the upcoming City Life expansion pack, players will NOT be able to build their own apartments. They will be exclusive to the new world introduced in the pack...

http://simsvip.com/2016/09/20/sims-4-city-living-apartments-exclusive-san-myshuno/

Not only that, but they continue making it worse by insisting that a loading screen must be required in order to visit your neighbor in the SAME apartment building...

http://simsvip.com/2016/09/20/sims-4-city-living-loading-screens-apartments/

In Sims 2, it was completely possible to build your own apartments... In Sims 3, it was a bit frustrating to do it, but at least it was possible! Not only that, but even Sims 2 did NOT have a loading screen when you wanted to visit your neighbor. That's the saddest and most pathetic part of this! It's really disturbing how a game created over a decade ago is more advanced than a game in 2016.

This was honestly just laziness on the developers' part. This is extremely disappointing... especially since many fans (like myself) have wanted apartments... we wanted to BUILD them! This is just more evidence that the developers simply don't care about what we have to say. They keep ignoring us.

How did you determine what fans actually wanted?

In city life, players will be able to build their own apartments however they will not be able to build them in other worlds (obviously due to the new lot/venue types and apartment-related functions which aren't compatible with the old world data). Apartments must be loaded separately since each residence is associated with a unique lot/zone ID and it isn't possible to load all neighboring lot and household data with one zone.

The Sims 4 is very clearly and demonstrably the most advanced version to date.
    "Video gaming began as an engineer's hobby and a means of creative expression for those of higher technical inclination. It is expected that those who are capable of higher engineering-related achievements will see value, in electronic entertainment products, where others see failure." -Sasquatch
  • Options
    husseinandalihusseinandali Posts: 2,622 Member
    edited September 2016
    removed
    sorry
    you
    can't
    see
    it
    no
    more
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    new: https://simsworkshop.net/members/g1g2.1032/
    old: modthesims.info/m/8847624
    you may know me as g1g2

• Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Let see Sims 4 is very clearly and demonstrably the most advanced version to date, had a good laugh about that. :D
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    husseinandalihusseinandali Posts: 2,622 Member
    the sims 4 keep impressing me with the limitations it have
    at least good with one thing
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    new: https://simsworkshop.net/members/g1g2.1032/
    old: modthesims.info/m/8847624
    you may know me as g1g2

• Options
    sassygray5sassygray5 Posts: 546 Member
    Apartments are a lot more than things to build. Why should nonbuilders have to give up apartment-related gameplay just because builders can't build them from scratch? Why should those of us who don't mind loading screens for neighbours (which we already have) have to give up apartment gameplay because people who already play with loading screens (assuming those people play Sims 4) don't want them there? Builders are not the whole player base. People who hate loading screens are not the whole player base.

Agree!

The loading screens are what I would expect as well. It works the exact same way now with neighborhoods - you can walk up to a neighbor's house but can't go inside without a loading screen. Logically it makes perfect sense. The loading screens are so short they don't bother me anyway.

I've never played apartments in TS2 and rarely did in 3 so I don't have much of an opinion of building them. But I do think the apartment traits are cool and I like all interactions with neighbors they showed in this video: https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/news/sims-4-city-living-apartments
  • Options
    PandaPillowPandaPillow Posts: 34 Member
    Everytime I come to the forums there is always so much negativity and complaining. I dont recall seeing anywhere that you can't build your own apartments, just that apartment structure can't be modified.

I assume that in the expansion it is probably possible to build apartments, even assign traits, landlord, etc. But the final apartment in build mode via game play can't be modified.

I don't KNOW if that's true, but that's what I assumed. It's not always the worst case scenario. I'm excited for City Life. I LOVED all of Get Together's new features and the control it gave me over my sims and their relationships.

I think apartments with pests will make cool story things, and it would be awesome if we could assign those traits to houses.

If you don't think you'll like the EP, why not just not buy it. If EA makes no money they'll know not to make the EP's that have those kind of features. But just because you disn't get the features you wanted, doesn't mean EA isn't listening to their fans. They can't listen to everyone. And I really don't like defending EA but looking at these forums be a whine fest everyday with players who think they are entitled to everything they ask for in an EP is just getting on my nerves.
  • Options
    Lmao :D

Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited September 2016
    With how fixed lots are already, can't say that I'm shocked. Like I've mentioned before, base game mechanics will effect packs and this is proof of that. I'm pretty sure some modder will figure out a way to combat it. I am actually curious if the free build cheat can bypass it or not, so I hope that others test that out. Don't know why the room moodlet system is being expanded when it has too strong issues as it is.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member

:joy: that's really witty!!
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    mskubemskube Posts: 483 Member
    So... the developers have (once again) done the complete opposite of what fans actually wanted... In the upcoming City Life expansion pack, players will NOT be able to build their own apartments. They will be exclusive to the new world introduced in the pack...

http://simsvip.com/2016/09/20/sims-4-city-living-apartments-exclusive-san-myshuno/

Not only that, but they continue making it worse by insisting that a loading screen must be required in order to visit your neighbor in the SAME apartment building...

In Sims 2, it was completely possible to build your own apartments... In Sims 3, it was a bit frustrating to do it, but at least it was possible! Not only that, but even Sims 2 did NOT have a loading screen when you wanted to visit your neighbor. That's the saddest and most pathetic part of this! It's really disturbing how a game created over a decade ago is more advanced than a game in 2016.

This was honestly just laziness on the developers' part. This is extremely disappointing... especially since many fans (like myself) have wanted apartments... we wanted to BUILD them! This is just more evidence that the developers simply don't care about what we have to say. They keep ignoring us.

In city life, players will be able to build their own apartments however they will not be able to build them in other worlds (obviously due to the new lot/venue types and apartment-related functions which aren't compatible with the old world data). Apartments must be loaded separately since each residence is associated with a unique lot/zone ID and it isn't possible to load all neighboring lot and household data with one zone.

Yes, you can build your own apartments (in other worlds) but they will not function the way City Living apartments will function.
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    edited September 2016
    Everytime I come to the forums there is always so much negativity and complaining. I dont recall seeing anywhere that you can't build your own apartments, just that apartment structure can't be modified.

I assume that in the expansion it is probably possible to build apartments, even assign traits, landlord, etc. But the final apartment in build mode via game play can't be modified.

I don't KNOW if that's true, but that's what I assumed. It's not always the worst case scenario. I'm excited for City Life. I LOVED all of Get Together's new features and the control it gave me over my sims and their relationships.

I think apartments with pests will make cool story things, and it would be awesome if we could assign those traits to houses.

If you don't think you'll like the EP, why not just not buy it. If EA makes no money they'll know not to make the EP's that have those kind of features. But just because you disn't get the features you wanted, doesn't mean EA isn't listening to their fans. They can't listen to everyone. And I really don't like defending EA but looking at these forums be a whine fest everyday with players who think they are entitled to everything they ask for in an EP is just getting on my nerves.

Hi @PandaPillow there is a post here with link to even more gurus tweets

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15216553/#Comment_15216553

Lots of info there including the fact that City Living apartments can not be build from the ground up, they can be modified though. :)
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    mskube wrote: »

Yes, you can build your own apartments (in other worlds) but they will not function the way City Living apartments will function.
    Is this coming from EA/Maxis or rumored like everything else. and if so is there a link?
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    Back at it again with the bashing...
    I'm in love with this new apartment system, don't ruin it for those who actually like it by bashing, bash, bash.

From my observation, the ones who complain the loudest tend to not buy content anyway. The rest of us can judge for ourselves on release day.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee