The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SIMSVIP about the forum! VERY INTERESTING.

Comments

• Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    keekee53 wrote: »
    To your point:

I tried to find my personal example but as I said I cannot find the thread. I was not the person she spoke to but was shocked by her comments and added some of my own. I don't think @Logisitcs was saying someone was actually banned. I think he or she was making a point if someone was to say some of the things she has said to individuals, they would have been banned. I just read someone got their post deleted and a note saying they were breaking the rules for stating their displeasure with the Sims 4. Clearly, some may be of the mindset they would be banned if they said anything rude to another individual.

Everyone is welcome to state their own opinion, as long as it is done in a respectful manner and does not disrespect/insult others that have a different opinion than them. People's posts are deleted not because they are not allowed to state their opinion - it is because they are disrespectful when stating their own opinion and bashing other's opinions. :)
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    edited September 2016
    To your point:

I tried to find my personal example but as I said I cannot find the thread. I was not the person she spoke to but was shocked by her comments and added some of my own. I don't think @Logisitcs was saying someone was actually banned. I think he or she was making a point if someone was to say some of the things she has said to individuals, they would have been banned. I just read someone got their post deleted and a note saying they were breaking the rules for stating their displeasure with the Sims 4. Clearly, some may be of the mindset they would be banned if they said anything rude to another individual.

Everyone is welcome to state their own opinion, as long as it is done in a respectful manner and does not disrespect/insult others that have a different opinion than them. People's posts are deleted not because they are not allowed to state their opinion - it is because they are disrespectful when stating their own opinion and bashing other's opinions. :)

Not going off topic but I'm kindly asking you to maybe relax on the telling people what to do as I would leave that to the mods to do their job and the trolling... anyway moving on, does city life have anything to do with this?
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    Aesir26 wrote: »
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    Guess it is time to pack it in and move to other forums that is not Sims related because this game is too volatile and will have the honor of generating so much controversy. :)

Honestly, I think I may do the same. This fandom is probably the worst I've seen in terms of how people behave towards each other, and that's really saying something.

This is much worse then it was during the Sensert times in the sims 3.
  • Options
    HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    Ah... I.... uh... kc...

So forums aren't toxic eh? I bet if I posted my strawpoll again the results would be very different from last time. Just look at this dogpile (pun intended) of people, jumping on a person for not persecuting the heck out of SimGuruDrake.

This whole thing has "witch hunt" sprayed all over it.
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    Ah... I.... uh... kc...

So forums aren't toxic eh? I bet if I posted my strawpoll again the results would be very different from last time. Just look at this dogpile (pun intended) of people, jumping on a person for not persecuting the heck out of SimGuruDrake.

Ask yourself why the forums are toxic and what caused them to be toxic.
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,142 Member
    edited September 2016
    bluegayle_ wrote: »

*nuzzles your hand*

Cheers.
    Logisitcs wrote: »
    And If I'm Gollum as you say, you must be @SimGuruDrake's little puppy, barking at whoever so as much as sneezes at her. Is she gonna give you a dog treat for defending her so much? Aww so cute

angry_dog.png

This is MY community and it's not for Plum Site to use valid member grievances to try turn this forum into a hostile environment for the community manager who actually takes the time to engage with us. Plum Site has an agenda, and is using members of its community and this community to attack our community leader at the expense of a community member.

Whether I get a dog treat or a warning (most likely): wau wau grr grr! arf!

That's fine, if that's how you feel. That's all you needed to say. But don't go around throwing shade in my face trying to insult me, because I will throw it right back.

Yeah, you tell me, G, my man. I'm going to get some shade thrown in my face. Are you just talking big or are you really gonna block out all those UV rays? And for that matter, what happens if I don't stop... will I get some suntan lotion put on my back too? Melanoma be darned, you're truly a force to be reckoned with, G.
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    Please tell me if you was being serious?

Of course I'm serious. I'm posting in an EA gaming forum, aren't I?

Now if only someone had posted this apt question in the comments section of the Plum site immediately after the exemplar of journalistic integrity made their post. This whole affair would be a non-issue. :unamused:

• Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    edited September 2016
    I will just leave this here Freedom of Speech
    The most basic component of freedom of expression is the right of freedom of speech. The right to freedom of speech allows individuals to express themselves without interference or constraint by the government. The Supreme Court requires the government to provide substantial justification for the interference with the right of free speech where it attempts to regulate the content of the speech. A less stringent test is applied for content-neutral legislation. The Supreme Court has also recognized that the government may prohibit some speech that may cause a breach of the peace or cause violence. For more on unprotected and less protected categories of speech see advocacy of illegal action, fighting words, commercial speech and obscenity. The right to free speech includes other mediums of expression that communicate a message. The level of protection speech receives also depends on the forum in which it takes place.
  • Options
    YungGigiYungGigi Posts: 1,083 Member
    A change gon' come.
  • Options
    teaa5teaa5 Posts: 1,407 Member
    To your point:

I need to disagree here Colton... two of my posts were deleted as a part of bigger removal in two threads which were expressing disappointment with sims 4. I was replying to OPs in a polite manner, without breaking any rules and without attacking anyone. I was expressing in points what I dislike about sims 4. I was unlucky because in both cases I sadly posted in between of huge fights between those who liked and disliked the game and in process my posts were removed too. No explanation was given to me.. no apology.
    00.jpg

Origin ID : kateteaa Twitter: MunchPumpkins
    Sims 3 wishlist: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=teaa5
    Sims 4 origin wishlist: https://www.origin.com/gbr/en-us/view-wishlist/7a1SQrtJtdHoNce4KS_ZTg--
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    GrandJury wrote: »
    Funny. The people defending her have never been on the receiving of her censoring people or forcing people to steer a conversation in a certain way.

Let me tell you: It happens. If you are not talking about specific points that SHE wants you to talk about, your comment will be deleted and you will get flamed. It's ridiculous and it's not the first time it has happened. You can't "Edit" perceptions, Drake. You can't force people to only talk about sugar. You can't force people to talk about ONLY one or two things when many other branches are available. As long as people aren't being hateful, its a CONVERSATION.

She messed with the wrong one in regards to SimsVIP tho. I NEVER in a million years would think THEY would expose her. Ever.

I have never seen her flame anyone and if you are talking about the time that she said that the forums where toxic then I actually agreed with her as she was right and was honest about it.

In fact she seems honest about a lot of things and I guess some people don' like that but I would rather see some honesty around here rather than any molly cuddling.

Well she was so rude to someone, I jumped into the conversation because I was shocked by the comments. I don't expect perfection or lies and I am sure dealing with all types of personalities can be frustrating at times. Every time she speaks she is representing the EA and we are still customers. I think if she maintains respect for the community, people will reciprocate that same respect. As soon at you start making a community feel toxic, they will end up acting in a toxic manner. Let's face it. Has the forums gotten any better or worse since she has made that comment?? In my opinion, way worse. It goes back to that old saying...If you treat a person like a monster, they will act like one.

I went from being frustrated with Sims4 to losing respect for her. I went from enjoying communicating with SimGurus to avoiding commenting when I see a certain one posting. Not everyone has had the best experience with her. I am glad your experience was great.

Nah I have seen 'worse' on the forums and that was before Drake even joined. Dispute what people think this place is not as bad as it used to be.

I know not everyone is going to agree with her but as you said, she represents EA and if you don't like the way EA are doing things it would be easy to disagree with her but I don't think that is a bad person by all means.

I guess we will agree to disagree about the forums.

I am not sure if I was clear or not. The point I was making is she has been rude to several people in posts and she is representing the company and we are still the customers of said company. As far as me not liking the way Sims 4 is going, I know how to separate my feelings about a bad game versus how someone is speaking to me. I have disagreed with many people on the forums but still have respect for them and their opinion. I cannot say the same for her.

I am sorry that you feel that way. Myself I appreciate the fact that she takes time to come onto the forums with news. Even if the news could come across as bad news

:disappointed:

If a non-EA employed poster acted the way @SimGuruDrake does towards some posters they would be banned. I'm just saying, it's hypocritical.

Really now? Can you back this (begging the question) bogus accusation up with a concrete example? No? OK. Buh-bye. :unamused:

Threads have been deleted..LMAO

I went back to try to find the example I ran across and the thread was gone. Then I thought to myself if I take a pic of what was said and a username is involved then there is drama that comes with that too. Do I want to deal with the drama just to prove a point..NOPE! My opinion is mine and if you don't agree that is fine with me. We can agree to disagree.

I totally agree with you that threads have been deleted, and so have members. I've been here long enough to see threads "sunk", i.e., purposefully stuck on the third page so that even new posts only show up on the third page. We are not in disagreement, just read all of my life-changing posts about this issue for $19.99 :+1:

That said, this is here nor there for the drama Plum site is trying to stir up. The noise this weekend isn't a matter of censorship. It's politics and slander pure and simple.

And back to my point. Please cite a concrete example of something SGD has done that has been done by a non-EA employed poster wherein the result was banning. Otherwise, this is a bogus accusation. And it's distracting noise on a thread with opposing views and valid points.

I don't know if Drake has ever banned anyone on here and even if she has done, it is not our place to ask.

That's not the ridiculous accusation @king_of_simcity7 and if she has banned someone she's well within her rights as the CM to do so. As someone who has been on the frowny-side of moderation, ample warnings are given before members are even jailed. Before you just had to blink funny to get kicked out. The forum is changing for the better, even if it is slow progress.

And the accusation was just someone here spewing nonsense.

Well I don't see as many people get banned as much as they used to which might be a sign of change in approach. I myself have contacted the mods directly to make peace with them and let them know that we are not all that bad here :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    teaa5 wrote: »
    I need to disagree here Colton... two of my posts were deleted as a part of bigger removal in two threads which were expressing disappointment with sims 4. I was replying to OPs in a polite manner, without breaking any rules and without attacking anyone. I was expressing in points what I dislike about sims 4. I was unlucky because in both cases I sadly posted in between of huge fights between those who liked and disliked the game and in process my posts were removed too. No explanation was given to me.. no apology.

If I had to guess, it was possibly because someone ruined your post and sparked a debate/discussion/war with it. While it would be best to delete your post to prevent any further debate/discussion/war, on the other hand, I wouldn't want it to be deleted either. :)

Sadly, it only takes one person to ruin something for everyone - just like what has happened to the LOLs/Disagrees.
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Funny. The people defending her have never been on the receiving of her censoring people or forcing people to steer a conversation in a certain way.

Let me tell you: It happens. If you are not talking about specific points that SHE wants you to talk about, your comment will be deleted and you will get flamed. It's ridiculous and it's not the first time it has happened. You can't "Edit" perceptions, Drake. You can't force people to only talk about sugar. You can't force people to talk about ONLY one or two things when many other branches are available. As long as people aren't being hateful, its a CONVERSATION.

She messed with the wrong one in regards to SimsVIP tho. I NEVER in a million years would think THEY would expose her. Ever.

I have never seen her flame anyone and if you are talking about the time that she said that the forums where toxic then I actually agreed with her as she was right and was honest about it.

In fact she seems honest about a lot of things and I guess some people don' like that but I would rather see some honesty around here rather than any molly cuddling.

Well she was so rude to someone, I jumped into the conversation because I was shocked by the comments. I don't expect perfection or lies and I am sure dealing with all types of personalities can be frustrating at times. Every time she speaks she is representing the EA and we are still customers. I think if she maintains respect for the community, people will reciprocate that same respect. As soon at you start making a community feel toxic, they will end up acting in a toxic manner. Let's face it. Has the forums gotten any better or worse since she has made that comment?? In my opinion, way worse. It goes back to that old saying...If you treat a person like a monster, they will act like one.

I went from being frustrated with Sims4 to losing respect for her. I went from enjoying communicating with SimGurus to avoiding commenting when I see a certain one posting. Not everyone has had the best experience with her. I am glad your experience was great.

Nah I have seen 'worse' on the forums and that was before Drake even joined. Dispute what people think this place is not as bad as it used to be.

I know not everyone is going to agree with her but as you said, she represents EA and if you don't like the way EA are doing things it would be easy to disagree with her but I don't think that is a bad person by all means.

I am not sure if I was clear or not. The point I was making is she has been rude to several people in posts and she is representing the company and we are still the customers of said company. As far as me not liking the way Sims 4 is going, I know how to separate my feelings about a bad game versus how someone is speaking to me. I have disagreed with many people on the forums but still have respect for them and their opinion. I cannot say the same for her.

I am sorry that you feel that way. Myself I appreciate the fact that she takes time to come onto the forums with news. Even if the news could come across as bad news

If a non-EA employed poster acted the way @SimGuruDrake does towards some posters they would be banned. I'm just saying, it's hypocritical.

Really now? Can you back this (begging the question) bogus accusation up with a concrete example? No? OK. Buh-bye. :unamused:

I went back to try to find the example I ran across and the thread was gone. Then I thought to myself if I take a pic of what was said and a username is involved then there is drama that comes with that too. Do I want to deal with the drama just to prove a point..NOPE! My opinion is mine and if you don't agree that is fine with me. We can agree to disagree.

I totally agree with you that threads have been deleted, and so have members. I've been here long enough to see threads "sunk", i.e., purposefully stuck on the third page so that even new posts only show up on the third page. We are not in disagreement, just read all of my life-changing posts about this issue for $19.99 :+1:

That said, this is here nor there for the drama Plum site is trying to stir up. The noise this weekend isn't a matter of censorship. It's politics and slander pure and simple.

And back to my point. Please cite a concrete example of something SGD has done that has been done by a non-EA employed poster wherein the result was banning. Otherwise, this is a bogus accusation. And it's distracting noise on a thread with opposing views and valid points.

To your point:

Frankly, if I got called back from a vacation to deal with being accused of something that could cost me job (all because of a VIDEO GAME), I'd tell you all what I thought about you and your speculation... most likely in all caps. Babies would cry and gentlewomen would faint if I were the CM. I doubt that SimGuruDrake said anything as shocking as that. :unamused:

It takes a masochist special person to serve as the liaison for EA and the community, and this forum was a match waiting to be lit before SimGuruDrake inherited it. I'm not okay with any groups of fans trying to bring in a new lamb to slaughter off while SGD is trying to improve the community.

And for the record: I bet you, literally bet you a video game and a milkshake that SimGuruDrake did not have anything to do with that deleted post. Again, the forum issues which are very real and problematic have nothing to do with the drama going on.

I don't doubt she has a tough job. I have said before it must be frustrating dealing with a group all with different personalities. She may have been accused of doing something she didn't, but this all started at EA. In my opinion, we should not be the ones she is "disappointed in" and asking SimVIP to "adjust" the article was wrong. She should have just requested the blacking out of the name and that is it. I just find it funny people are getting upset about SGD getting bashed but people are bashing away at SimVIP as well. Yes, SimVIP should have taken the high road and blacked out the username as a courtesy but they don't deserve all the bashing either.

Btw, this conversation started between @king_of_simcity7 and I discussing how she never saw SGD say anything bad and I explained my personal experience. Others expressed their own experiences but I don't think anyone was bashing her for the current situation.

I also believe it is her job to be answer questions and deliver information in a respectful way. If she gets too frustrated from a comment take a walk around the building and then start responding again. I do think she should maintain a level of professionalism despite how others may be behaving. I want to be one of those people who comes to her aid but I feel like sometimes she drops a little gasoline on the fire.
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,142 Member
    To your point:

Been there... seen that. Multiple times, unfortunately.

That's not SimGuruDrake. And that is a separate issue that Plum Site is trying to conflate so that folks like you and me rally together and attack our community manager.

This is exactly why I have a problem with not having a safe space to talk about moderation. This kind of censorship has been going on far too long (before SGD had this role). It will never improve if members have to live in fear of having their posts disappeared or banned and they can't even question the mods because they have no idea who is doing these things.

Anyway, I have an assignment due so I have to nip off. But hopefully others will ensure that this thread does not become an add-on bash @SimGuruDrake thread. One comment that I hope everyone here will keep in mind: Divided we fall.

Please don't let opportunistic fansites make this forum worse before it can become better.
  • Options
    LogisitcsLogisitcs Posts: 1,156 Member
    Yeah, you tell me, G, my man. I'm going to get some shade thrown in my face. Are you just talking big or are you really gonna block out all those UV rays? And for that matter, what happens if I don't stop... will I get some suntan lotion put on my back too? Melanoma be darned, you're truly a force to be reckoned with, G.

@SimGuruDrake come collect your mutt, it's run off the leash again and thinks it owns the community.
    And again SimsVIP, Sims Community, they can post whatever they want. Who are YOU to tell them not too?
  • Options
    HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    Ah... I.... uh... kc...

Frustration over the game, subpar communication, speculation being accepted as truth when it was not whatsoever, "sides" popping up and ruining this. Yes, part of it is their fault, but it's also the community's. We're quick to jump on anything a Guru says, saying it's a hint or a lie or a promise. The community is not spotless in this situation, as the first thing we think of something is often going to be taken as the only way to interpret something. Yes, the lack of communication and the way the game's been going has contributed to that, but you cannot say without lying that the community wasn't responsible at all for the toxicity of this place.
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    Ah... I.... uh... kc...

Frustration over the game, subpar communication, speculation being accepted as truth when it was not whatsoever, "sides" popping up and ruining this. Yes, part of it is their fault, but it's also the community's. We're quick to jump on anything a Guru says, saying it's a hint or a lie or a promise. The community is not spotless in this situation, as the first thing we think of something is often going to be taken as the only way to interpret something. Yes, the lack of communication and the way the game's been going has contributed to that, but you cannot say without lying that the community wasn't responsible at all for the toxicity of this place.

Grudges also.
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options

If I had to guess, it was possibly because someone ruined your post and sparked a debate/discussion/war with it. While it would be best to delete your post to prevent any further debate/discussion/war, on the other hand, I wouldn't want it to be deleted either. :)

Sadly, it only takes one person to ruin something for everyone - just like what has happened to the LOLs/Disagrees.

No Colton.. I didn't refer to the fighters at all.. just simply replied to op.. nothing else.. the fight was already on and had nothing to do with my post. But all posts were removed without any concern did or not they had anything in common with those who were fighting with each other. And it happened twice.

And I do agree with you... it is sadly often that one person come into the thread and starts the fire. I believe that every single person has right to express their views in polite way without attacking others. And people are entitled to have different opinions. I wish people had more tolerance and understanding and respect for others.
    00.jpg

Sims 4 origin wishlist: https://www.origin.com/gbr/en-us/view-wishlist/7a1SQrtJtdHoNce4KS_ZTg--
  • Options
    No Colton.. I didn't refer to the fighters at all.. just simply replied to op.. nothing else.. the fight was already on and had nothing to do with my post. But all posts were removed without any concern did or not they had anything in common with those who were fighting with each other. And it happened twice.

And I do agree with you... it is sadly often that one person come into the thread and starts the fire. I believe that every single person has right to express their views in polite way without attacking others. And people are entitled to have different opinions. I wish people had more tolerance and understanding and respect for others.

Ah my mistake. I misread. :D

It was possibly a mistake then. :)
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited September 2016
    Ah... I.... uh... kc...

I don't think the entire forums are toxic, honestly. I think it has some toxic users, just as every online community does. The correct move is to eliminate those who are like that, and swing the banhammer when needed.

But to generalize, and call the entire forums toxic, thus implying every single user who posts here is a contributor to that statement, was a terrible move by our own community manager.
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Very interesting, it explains a lot of things.
  • Options
    Wasting_NightWasting_Night Posts: 800 Member
    You know I feel like everything had gone from an entertaining trainwreck to just something I genuinely want to stop.

Seriously, everyone should just stop posting for a while and chill out - I've been on these boards for a while now and I haven't seen it this chaotic before.
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    edited September 2016
    Felicity wrote: »
    Shakuahi wrote: »
    Hermai wrote: »
    asking politely to take out a username of a person that doesn't want to be involved in something is censorship now?

People have a strange definition of "censorship" these days.

Also let's be reminded that "freedom of speech" is something that applies regarding your civil duties/rights. If you are in a private forum, you agreed to the terms and rules of the forum, which include the mediation of a person assigned to delete posts they find aggressive, baity, and so on. I'm aware that I could be banned for some of my posts are a little aggressive, yes. Still, this is not censorship. I'm not being prosecuted for saying something - I would be just banned from user a service because I did not comply with the rules of using that service. If there is abuse from the moderation's part, then this can still be discussed elsewhere - the internet is huge. And be sure to have proof for your claims, while you're at that.

Was SimsVIP prosecuted, bribed or threatened by EA regarding this issue?

No. That was just a community manager trying to preserve a member of the community she happens to manage. This could've have been discussed in private and a solution found. Instead, it was portrayed as if there were some kind threats. Seriously, that e-mail is very polite and doesn't seem any threatening to me, just seems like a conflict being addressed.

I found this whole situation very childish, seriously. Not to say that situation in the forums is perfect or that some arbitrary things don't happen, but forcing a situation to look like censorship is really not helping solve this problems. My suggestion? Create another forum elsewhere where there are no rules and everyone can kill each other there. And discuss these issues there.

Have you seen Guru email? Did she asked for removal of the username? Nope. She wrote:
    I’d like to ask if you could adjust the article to focus on my forum wide announcement rather than an almost week old conversation.

which is simply 'write about something else'. And that's my dear censorship.

Huh, she definitely could have redacted the name and made this the focus. It actually would have highlighted this a lot better if she had. Something like, "I'll redact the name but I will not change my article as you requested."

This! So much this!!! Thank you for summing up how I'm feeling so nicely. <3

To your point:

Frankly, if I got called back from a vacation to deal with being accused of something that could cost me job (all because of a VIDEO GAME), I'd tell you all what I thought about you and your speculation... most likely in all caps. Babies would cry and gentlewomen would faint if I were the CM. I doubt that SimGuruDrake said anything as shocking as that. :unamused:

It takes a masochist special person to serve as the liaison for EA and the community, and this forum was a match waiting to be lit before SimGuruDrake inherited it. I'm not okay with any groups of fans trying to bring in a new lamb to slaughter off while SGD is trying to improve the community.

And for the record: I bet you, literally bet you a video game and a milkshake that SimGuruDrake did not have anything to do with that deleted post. Again, the forum issues which are very real and problematic have nothing to do with the drama going on.

I just wanted to say, you are freaking amazing, Nanashi. I can't tell you how much I appreciate reading a down to earth and sincere post like this. I could cry happy tears right now. LOL Thank you for existing!
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options

Ah my mistake. I misread. :D

It was possibly a mistake then. :)

No worries;))

I try to believe so;)
    00.jpg

• Options
    simspeaker4simspeaker4 Posts: 5,999 Member
    You know I feel like everything had gone from an entertaining trainwreck to just something I genuinely want to stop.

Seriously, everyone should just stop posting for a while and chill out - I've been on these boards for a while now and I haven't seen it this chaotic before.

Things will calm down a bit on Monday. Status quo and all that when the gurus come back.
    I am a perfectly decrepit withered old hag who enjoys self-mockery.

Need help falling asleep? http://wry7000.blogspot.com/
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top