The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SIMSVIP about the forum! VERY INTERESTING.

Comments

• Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Keffers wrote: »
    I'm with Simgurudrake, the people on this forum are pretty unbearable. It wouldn't surprise me if they closed the whole forum down with the same of people behave here. It's like a kindergarten class. You can't say whatever you want then cry censorship when it gets deleted. The Sims forums (back in the Sims 2 days) use to be very friendly and welcoming place, now its just a cesspool of hate. Shame on you all.

plum.gif

I am afraid that I have to agree with you.

I used to post on the original TS1 BBS and that was a wolrd away from this place.

I mean I can actually remember regulars posting 'how is everyone?' and people would actually reply.

The Sims BBS was my first online love affair <3

🐸🐸🐸🐸, people cry censorship and we have you over king who is a known critic of sims 4, who NEVER gets into any trouble? I wonder why..oh wait, it's because you ACTUALLY put your critique into positive ways. You're not toxic at all, you get what you like and dislike across and that's the end of it.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    I do think that VIP should have just edited the name, but honestly I think there is something more going on to this then just this latest fiasco. If you look in the comments she made it clear that this wasn't the only issue she has had. The fact that SimsVIP lashed out for the first time, that at least I can tell, says something. Everything they have reported has always been positive or neutral. This is not the only site to be upset. Pretty sure there are other things going on that we aren't aware of. If you read a few pages pack you will see Alexis's comments that there was more to her feelings then this particular incident.

I don't mind that people love the game. I'm happy for them. However, I feel that people refuse to see the fact that a lot of people are really unhappy with EA right now. They want to view the people who are upset as ungrateful, and whiny. I don't recall seeing this much animosity from people in the past regarding the communications with sites and players. With that in mind I do think that there is something going on at the broader level than just people over reacting

It's possible that the fan sites are angry with EA because EA had broken bonds with them due to their involvement in spreading words of the City Living leaks. It wouldn't surprise me in all honesty. If you want a company to be on your good side, spreading unofficial and unreleased information and then directly making an article that blows a single fiasco into dramatic proportions is not the right way of going about it.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    emyprice95emyprice95 Posts: 344 Member
    CrackFox wrote: »
    Well that's not surprising. They want fansites to sing to their hymn.

I do think SimsVIP is being really dramatic though. "Amanda Drake (SimGuruDrake), reached out to SimsVIP demanding we censor the contents of the post." - the actual email shows Drake politely asking if she would edit it.

It's all a bit childish if you ask me.

Agree! I think SimsVIP is being extremely childish and VERY unprofessional. They like to portray themselves as a serious Sims news site? I expect a level of journalistic professionalism, which is NOT being shown in that article at all.
    I'm a CC Creator and family player that is super hyped that toddlers are back! :smiley:

My simblr is Emy the Gamer
  • Options
    YungGigiYungGigi Posts: 1,083 Member
    I'm with Simgurudrake, the people on this forum are pretty unbearable. It wouldn't surprise me if they closed the whole forum down with the same of people behave here. It's like a kindergarten class. You can't say whatever you want then cry censorship when it gets deleted. The Sims forums (back in the Sims 2 days) use to be very friendly and welcoming place, now its just a cesspool of hate. Shame on you all.

plum.gif

I used to post on the original TS1 BBS and that was a wolrd away from this place.

I mean I can actually remember regulars posting 'how is everyone?' and people would actually reply.

plum, people cry censorship and we have you over king who is a known critic of sims 4, who NEVER gets into any trouble? I wonder why..oh wait, it's because you ACTUALLY put your critique into positive ways. You're not toxic at all, you get what you like and dislike across and that's the end of it.

Pardon but are you implying the way to avoid censorship is to cover our comments in sugar and candy and turn them positive? Sometimes comments just need to be left alone as is. If you're frustrated you're frustrated. If you feel disappointed then be disappointed. It shouldn't be our responsibility to sprinkle positivity on every comment we make.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member

plum.gif

plum, people cry censorship and we have you over king who is a known critic of sims 4, who NEVER gets into any trouble? I wonder why..oh wait, it's because you ACTUALLY put your critique into positive ways. You're not toxic at all, you get what you like and dislike across and that's the end of it.

I actually used to be very vicious on the forums and I have even been banned before. It is nothing that I am proud of but they gave me a second chance and after talking to other Simmers more I changed my outlook and turned my back on the haters who were not really that interested in The Sims anyway and just wanted somewhere to vent or troll.

There is a right or wrong way to post criticism on the forums and shouting and swearing is not the way to get it done.
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,972 Member
    Prink34320 wrote: »
    Hey, since this is EA's own private forum, don't they have every right to censor whatever they want? They could easily alter the rules to do so if they wanted to after all but they at least let the respectful and constructive criticism occur.
    They could but that could backfire on them. and the outcome may not be what you think it would be.

Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    YungGigi wrote: »
    Hey, since this is EA's own private forum, don't they have every right to censor whatever they want? They could easily alter the rules to do so if they wanted to after all but they at least let the respectful and constructive criticism occur.

Here's the thing: they deny that they are censoring us. They blame us for our comments being deleted. They say we've broken rules that we have not. Or I've even had them say it was an accidental and they don't know what happened.... yet they conveniently unhide the comment shortly after, like come on now.

They have the right to delete what they want but at least be honest about it. These mods playing favoritism and Drake being oblivious and seemingly an innocent bystander needs to end.

I can't really speak about this since I don't know what comments have been deleted so I can't judge it for myself but they still have the right to remove whatever comments they want - I mean, closing threads practically censor all the comments in that thread whether they broke the rules or not but not many people bat an eye to that. As for undoing mistakenly removed comments, I would think they would have the ability to do so in a short time span?

Saying they have the right to delete whatever they want is being honest about it though. I can't speak for the mods - their opinions are their own, as for Drake, I can't comment on whether she is being oblivious or an innocent bystander - I doubt she is falsely being innocent or oblivious but I haven't been on the forums for quite a while so I can't really say but I don't want to make assumptions without a basis of evidence.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    They could but that could backfire on them. and the outcome may not be what you think it would be.

Well we wouldn't know the outcome but seeing as the forums apparently make up around 1% of the entire fan base, it may not be as harmful as we think either. Besides, this forum is not the only media we have to express our opinions on - there's Facebook, Reddit, Youtube, Twitter, Instagram, Fant Sites etc. - They might be able to censor the forums but they can't censor opinions on other media.
  • Options

Here's the thing: they deny that they are censoring us. They blame us for our comments being deleted. They say we've broken rules that we have not. Or I've even had them say it was an accidental and they don't know what happened.... yet they conveniently unhide the comment shortly after, like come on now.

They have the right to delete what they want but at least be honest about it. These mods playing favoritism and Drake being oblivious and seemingly an innocent bystander needs to end.

I can't really speak about this since I don't know what comments have been deleted so I can't judge it for myself but they still have the right to remove whatever comments they want - I mean, closing threads practically censor all the comments in that thread whether they broke the rules or not but not many people bat an eye to that. As for undoing mistakenly removed comments, I would think they would have the ability to do so in a short time span?

Saying they have the right to delete whatever they want is being honest about it though. I can't speak for the mods - their opinions are their own, as for Drake, I can't comment on whether she is being oblivious or an innocent bystander - I doubt she is falsely being innocent or oblivious but I haven't been on the forums for quite a while so I can't really say but I don't want to make assumptions without a basis of evidence.

I posted in that announcement thread asking her why my comment was deleted. She said she didn't delete it and to not spread false information. Well if she didn't delete it, who else has that capability? The moderators. This is why I say she is oblivious to what moderators are doing. They are removing anything they want for whatever reason. Isn't the community manager supposed to know what the site mods are doing?

Someone in that thread also described a time when a mod closed her thread because another simmer asked the mod to, since the two were friendly. And do you know what Drakes response was? To let her know if it happens again. Another clear cut example that she doesn't know what mods are doing or if they're even following their own guidelines. It's like there's no real standard anymore. They do what they want.
  • Options
    teaa5teaa5 Posts: 1,407 Member

Honesty is not profitable... and you are so right about Favoritism here on forums and YouTube etc......
    00.jpg

Origin ID : kateteaa Twitter: MunchPumpkins
    Sims 3 wishlist: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=teaa5
    Sims 4 origin wishlist: https://www.origin.com/gbr/en-us/view-wishlist/7a1SQrtJtdHoNce4KS_ZTg--
  • Options
    Lady SugarLady Sugar Posts: 201 Member
    PLOT TWIST!
    What if Taylor Swift is a MOD here ? That'd explain a lot of things.
    tumblr_liyehkAfDM1qgi3dto1_500.gif
    tumblr_o37da4s0cH1tqr095o1_500.gif
    "Here's my invitation baby. Hope it set us free, to know each other better. Put your love all over me"
    -"Invitation" Britney Spears.

R.I.P The Sims.
  • Options

I posted in that announcement thread asking her why my comment was deleted. She said she didn't delete it and to not spread false information. Well if she didn't delete it, who else has that capability? The moderators. This is why I say she is oblivious to what moderators are doing. They are removing anything they want for whatever reason. Isn't the community manager supposed to know what the site mods are doing?

Someone in that thread also described a time when a mod closed her thread because another simmer asked the mod to, since the two were friendly. And do you know what Drakes response was? To let her know if it happens again. Another clear cut example that she doesn't know what mods are doing or if they're even following their own guidelines. It's like there's no real standard anymore. They do what they want.

I can't really speak of this since I don't know what comment of yours was deleted. Sure, the community manager should know what her moderators are doing but I wouldn't think it's as easy as any of us may think. Considering that tens to hundreds to possibly thousands of comments are deleted daily for breaking the rules or for other reasons.

Is there any proof of that though? I can't really believe what you say unless you back it up with evidence sorry, not because I don't believe you but because there's nothing to back up your claim. In truth, not every moderator is going to be the best, some will make mistakes, some will intentionally do bad things but I wouldn't blame Drake for everything her mods do, she's got quite allot to deal with already.
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member

True, I could only imagine how massively bad that would be, given people aren't exactly cozy with EA to begin with.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,972 Member
    edited September 2016

Well we wouldn't know the outcome but seeing as the forums apparently make up around 1% of the entire fan base, it may not be as harmful as we think either. Besides, this forum is not the only media we have to express our opinions on - there's Facebook, Reddit, Youtube, Twitter, Instagram, Fant Sites etc. - They might be able to censor the forums but they can't censor opinions on other media.
    Exactly, okay I can't speak my mind on here But let me go over to YouTube and voice my dislike or even over to Facebook even though Maxis/EA does use facebook but it powerless to exert their power on facebook. Whether it was EA/Maxis or VIP, people are going to side with whom they wish and regardless of who is wrong.

Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    edited September 2016

I can't really speak of this since I don't know what comment of yours was deleted. Sure, the community manager should know what her moderators are doing but I wouldn't think it's as easy as any of us may think. Considering that tens to hundreds to possibly thousands of comments are deleted daily for breaking the rules or for other reasons.

Is there any proof of that though? I can't really believe what you say unless you back it up with evidence sorry, not because I don't believe you but because there's nothing to back up your claim. In truth, not every moderator is going to be the best, some will make mistakes, some will intentionally do bad things but I wouldn't blame Drake for everything her mods do, she's got quite allot to deal with already.

If the thread is still available feel free to go visit. The way threads are closed and moved and hid around here every 5 minutes it's really anyone's guess. But feel free to continue to be objective and ask for concrete proof before you will accept that this forum is an unwelcoming place for opposing thoughts.

And if they don't have the manpower or mental capacity to comb through our posts to prevent them from being improperly deleted then that's an even bigger issue that needs to be addressed.
  • Options
    wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    #Smh
    Very unprofessional behavior. Keep this up and you won't have any fans for much longer.
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options

Exactly, okay I can't speak my mind on here But let me go over to YouTube and voice my dislike or even over to Facebook even though Maxis/EA does use facebook but it powerless to exert their power on facebook. Whether it was EA/Maxis or VIP, people are going to side with whom they wish and regardless of who is wrong.

so true;)
    00.jpg

Sims 4 origin wishlist: https://www.origin.com/gbr/en-us/view-wishlist/7a1SQrtJtdHoNce4KS_ZTg--
  • Options
    Cristal_SwanCristal_Swan Posts: 234 Member
    Drake exposed and rightly so.

I love VIP and Alexis for taking this stance. I'm totally with you VIP. All the way. Going back onto their site now more than this horrid censorship that tell us nothing except, "we're listening".
  • Options

I love VIP and Alexis for taking this stance. I'm totally with you VIP. All the way. Going back onto their site now more than this horrid censorship that tell us nothing except, "we're listening".

I don't think I've even visited VIP before. I may have to give them a few clicks tonight.
  • Options
    edited September 2016

It's a pretty complicated matter to tell the truth, to be honest, I've lost track of what we're meant to be talking about xD(sorry, literally dealing with allot of drama as of right now) I do know though that 'rights and wrongs' are never as simple as they appear to be.
  • Options
    wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    I don't know who's behavior was more unprofessional Ea's or Simsvip's.
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options

If the thread is still available feel free to go visit. The way threads are closed and moved and hid around here every 5 minutes it's really anyone's guess. But feel free to continue to be objective and ask for concrete proof before you will accept that this forum is an unwelcoming place for opposing thoughts.

And if they don't have the manpower or mental capacity to comb through our posts to prevent them from being improperly deleted then that's an even bigger issue that needs to be addressed.

If? Well I don't know if it is or what thread you are speaking of, at least provide a name or something, please? Of course I need concrete proof, I will not fall to believing in assumptions, that's not the kind of person I am anymore. From my personal experience here, I've only seen opposing thoughts and even similar thoughts removed because they don't follow the forum rules or are on the verge of breaking them but of course I can't say the same for comments I haven't seen that were deleted.

I agree, if that is the issue here.
  • Options

I don't think I've even visited VIP before. I may have to give them a few clicks tonight.

You should;))) they have a lot of info about sims games there.. about mods, about creating mods. Giveaways, guides and so on:))
    00.jpg

• Options

If? Well I don't know if it is or what thread you are speaking of, at least provide a name or something, please? Of course I need concrete proof, I will not fall to believing in assumptions, that's not the kind of person I am anymore. From my personal experience here, I've only seen opposing thoughts and even similar thoughts removed because they don't follow the forum rules or are on the verge of breaking them but of course I can't say the same for comments I haven't seen that were deleted.

I agree, if that is the issue here.

I'm not here to convince you of anything one way or the other, I'd like to make that clear. I already mentioned it was in the announcement thread where Drake was asking for feedback on how to improve the forum. You can take it from there if you so choose.

And it must be nice for you and some other people I see commenting to say they've never been pushed aside by staff or censored. I envy you. Because I don't know what that feels like.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top