Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Removed Comments

This discussion was created from comments split from: Sim Guru Safe Space - No Complaints Allowed.

Comments

• Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    @PHOEBESMOM601 :lol: Woot! - :grabstheemojiicookie: :heart:

PlumCookies_zps421e2c1b.png

And for my non Sugar eating friends.
    OrangePlumb_zps3d2c643c.png

• Options
    DatRandomSimmerDatRandomSimmer Posts: 59 Member
    @Rflong7 @PHOEBESMOM601 you guys have any more refreshments they look pretty good
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited September 2016
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    But WHY does a Topic have to be classified as a "Happy" when it only wants positive feedback- and non "Happy" topic which a Simmer wants to share their opinions gets moved to Feedback. And yet, a "Happy" topic which a Simmer wants to share their opinions gets to stay in General.
    Does no one see? Does it not float through your minds that not Every topic can be happy? That not Every topic Should be happy and can yet Stay in General?
    Still, any Non "Happy" Topic is also derailed by the ones who don't agree but are able to tell others to leave if they hate it. To full stop quit playing.

You think I'm here because I hate the games? Then that's on you and your mind set. I'm not happy because I'm not happy with the game. So, *Shouldn't you all have to get over you ideas of how there has to be Happy Topics just for you to share only Happy things and yet no non happiness Anywhere on the forums *if there can't be any Non Happy Topics? When that happens... Well, :lol:

From what I've seen, any positive topic that gets moved to Feedback gets ganged up on (like the recent 'Dear Gurus' thread) by people aggressively going off-topic, much like this same thread has here. Speaking as one of the positive players who only recently has tip-toed on eggshells around the Feedback section myself, I can totally see why positive players would prefer their topics remain here.

Because while even here they get trounced on, at least they have a voice. I'm tempted to make a purely positive thread in Feedback, just to see how long it stays that way. Because I'm guessing it won't last on topic more than one or two posts in, just like this thread hasn't.

It depends on if you make a flame bait title, or if you start off dissing TS3 in the first or second paragraph. That's not happy that's baiting. And fishes like bait, especially if they even realize you did it on purpose. You can't start by saying I love TS4 it makes TS3 look like trash and not expect to get any biters.

ETA: If it's truly about TS4 only, there are very few who enter it. But most the time it is throwing shade on TS3 players. What do you guys really expect?

And never asked the whole forum members what do you guys think? if you don't want to hear it.

ETA: Or you are free to add your own ideas, because guess what you are going to hear how they don't like yours and like their own. Positivity runs thin here even from happy players. And please, never start threads that tells others how they can post. Who died and left you guys king?
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    MysticOneMysticOne Posts: 460 Member
    To say that EA developers need a "safe space" from "bashing" is bordering on the ridiculous. We are their customers. If customers are not happy with a product they complain. I used to work in customer service for a medical insurance company. People would call in as they were both sick and in need of the claims payment. EA is developing games for leisure. If customers can't provide honest feed back, how the heck are they going to improve the game? Personally I would like to see toddlers as they were in the game in TS2 and TS3, and the Sims is a life simulator. (You can always age them up if you can't stand them.) I miss the customization you could do in TS3. To me, it was a way of putting my personal style into the game. I also don't like that there are really only a few empty lots in the base game. They did solve that by providing an empty neighbourhood, but that came well after the game was released. They didn't put swimming pools into the game when it was first released. That was a feature that had been in the original game. I do like that Sims can eat a bowl of cereal while watching TV on the couch but I feel that their development of any life stage outside of young adult/adult is lacking. Also, things like telescopes are now HUGE, where in previous generations of the game you could have a smaller more portable one to look at the stars. Now it's basically a small building that you have to place on the lot, provided the lot is big enough. The only piano is a grand piano. The original game also had an upright version which would be better suited for small houses. It is missing little touches like that. I was actually quite disappointed with the base game as it felt unfinished. When I played the base games for TS2 and TS3 I would play for hours. There was so much to explore in the game. TS4 doesn't have the same feel. Plus it feels far more goal oriented than the previous generations. It would have been nice to have much more open ended play and EA fell short in not telling its customer base about this significant change in game play. TS2 was a big leap forward from the original and TS3 improved on TS2. TS4 doesn't feel like an improvement, and with the many loading screens (albeit they are fast) it feels like a big step backwards. The Sim Guru's response was "Oh well you're just thinking of the game with all the expansions." No, no we weren't. We were thinking of the base games of the previous generation and how this one fell woefully short of expectations. It honestly feels that EA is phoning it in for TS4, that they are just resting on the laurels of the success of the franchise.

They're like Obama. They only want to hear good things.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,970 Member
    edited September 2016
    MysticOne wrote: »
    To say that EA developers need a "safe space" from "bashing" is bordering on the ridiculous. We are their customers. If customers are not happy with a product they complain. I used to work in customer service for a medical insurance company. People would call in as they were both sick and in need of the claims payment. EA is developing games for leisure. If customers can't provide honest feed back, how the heck are they going to improve the game? Personally I would like to see toddlers as they were in the game in TS2 and TS3, and the Sims is a life simulator. (You can always age them up if you can't stand them.) I miss the customization you could do in TS3. To me, it was a way of putting my personal style into the game. I also don't like that there are really only a few empty lots in the base game. They did solve that by providing an empty neighbourhood, but that came well after the game was released. They didn't put swimming pools into the game when it was first released. That was a feature that had been in the original game. I do like that Sims can eat a bowl of cereal while watching TV on the couch but I feel that their development of any life stage outside of young adult/adult is lacking. Also, things like telescopes are now HUGE, where in previous generations of the game you could have a smaller more portable one to look at the stars. Now it's basically a small building that you have to place on the lot, provided the lot is big enough. The only piano is a grand piano. The original game also had an upright version which would be better suited for small houses. It is missing little touches like that. I was actually quite disappointed with the base game as it felt unfinished. When I played the base games for TS2 and TS3 I would play for hours. There was so much to explore in the game. TS4 doesn't have the same feel. Plus it feels far more goal oriented than the previous generations. It would have been nice to have much more open ended play and EA fell short in not telling its customer base about this significant change in game play. TS2 was a big leap forward from the original and TS3 improved on TS2. TS4 doesn't feel like an improvement, and with the many loading screens (albeit they are fast) it feels like a big step backwards. The Sim Guru's response was "Oh well you're just thinking of the game with all the expansions." No, no we weren't. We were thinking of the base games of the previous generation and how this one fell woefully short of expectations. It honestly feels that EA is phoning it in for TS4, that they are just resting on the laurels of the success of the franchise.

Hmmm, what does this have to do with Obama? Please do not turn this into a political issue and stay on topic.

Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    bandcampsquirrelbandcampsquirrel Posts: 2,187 Member
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    MysticOne wrote: »

Hmm what does this have to do with Obama?

Not a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 thing