Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 City Living Trailer

Comments

• Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    Arletta wrote: »
    All I am going to say bout it is this, if there is no Vamps in the city life, then I will be peeved, But apartments are in it so I will probably get it just the same, They better add in Gothic stuff soon though, I am so tired of waiting.

Prepare to be peeved then. There's no new life state in City Living.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15191167/#Comment_15191167

I am upset bout it and got a right to be, If they do not add in Gothic stuff soon, then they can kiss My money goodbye as well, I am not asking for Toddler's and such even though I think those should be in there as well, I am asking for GOTHIC, like Cemeteries/Graveyards, Coffins, Dead Trees & bushes, Gothic Fashion styles, Longer Hair styles, Long & Short Polished Nails, stuff like that should of also been in dang game by now, I can not add in CC to My game or mods, so I have to wait for EA and Maxis to finally add stuff in, Grrr.
    I also want Wings and Fangs.

I never said you hadn't a right to be,

• Options
    Swiftlover13Swiftlover13 Posts: 2,369 Member
    Jerrello wrote: »
    @SimGuruDrake Can you confirm if pool tables are coming back?

There are no pool tables in City Living.

THIS RIGHT HERE IS WHAT WE WANT! A simple yes/no answer for subjects that are ok to talk about.
  • Options
    MaddisMaddis Posts: 137 Member
    edited September 2016

THIS RIGHT HERE IS WHAT WE WANT! A simple yes/no answer for subjects that are ok to talk about.

Wasn't it your "Leak" that told us there would be pool tables?! :smiley:
  • Options
    Maddis wrote: »

Wasn't it your Leak that told us there would be pool tables?! :smiley:

It was, turns out it was a fake email.
  • Options
    MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member

What a shock! :D
  • Options
    JerrelloJerrello Posts: 896 Member

OhOkay.gif

• Options
    SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)
    Nectere wrote: »
    @SimGuruDrake
    I was reading an article at here and I wanted to know if you could speak to this blurb:

"Apartments are a completely new addition that will put players in the midst of a bustling residential area. Changes will be limited to decors and furniture. There is no option to modify the layout of the apartment as you usually do with an individual house. For those who have managed to earn a lot and rent a pent house in such a huge city, the experience will be totally different and more sophisticated. However, the pent houses will be rolled out at a later date as a part of the City Living expansion pack."

1st bolded bit: Do you know if this includes interior walls like we saw in the video with the Penthouse?
    2nd bolded bit: What does that mean? - answered by SimGuruJessica on twitter "it's inaccurate."

We will be giving more information on Apartments and Penthouses soon so we won't be answering questions about them till then :)
    Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims
  • Options
    kaanvardar99kaanvardar99 Posts: 134 Member

It was funny at least. ;)
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    MocaJava wrote: »

I know right?! I'm flabbergasted!

Also I'm adding something about Midnuit Avenue to my signature (because why not laugh at my own expense :D:):|:/:(:s )
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    Are there apartments or just Penthouses? from what I am seeing this might be the best EP yet and I am interested.

Both.
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    GrandJury wrote: »
    I just wanna know more information on the apartments.

PLEASE let it be more than one family in a unit.
    Yes that is what I want to know as well.

One household per unit (apartment), max of 4 units per building (some may have less).
    The info on the apts and penthouses and how they will work will come later on so any idea right now on how they will work is speculation. :)

Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    No Pool Tables? now why don't that Surprise Me none.
  • Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member

Why was anyone expecting pool tables? I mean other than the person who got the fake email, of course.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options
    ebuchala wrote: »

Why was anyone expecting pool tables? I mean other than the person who got the fake email, of course.

Why wouldn't we not expect them?, pool tables are a part of the real word as well as the Sims Franchise, always have been.
  • Options

Why wouldn't we not expect them?, pool tables are a part of the real word as well as the Sims Franchise, always have been.

It just seems a bit random to me, that's all.
  • Options

Everything is bout the Sims 4, so nothing surprises Me no more, bout this game.
  • Options
    agent_bevagent_bev Posts: 1,313 Member

Yep, lots and lots of credibility lost by the the non legit leakers from the Speculations corner. They probably just emailed themselves with a fake email
  • Options

Everything is bout the Sims 4, so nothing surprises Me no more, bout this game.

Ok. So there wasn't something someone saw in the trailer or in a blog that said pool tables? Just trying to figure out where the idea came from initially since I don't immediately relate pool tables to city life. That's what I meant by random.

So far everything I've seen in the trailer seems pretty well connected to city living rather than being random.
  • Options
    SimGuruDrake wrote: »
    » show previous quotes

That is where it came from, Why I had said it does not surprise Me that they are not in the pack.
  • Options
    hafizchanhafizchan Posts: 232 Member
    Never said this for TS4 yet, but this EP actually looks GOOD. Get To Work and Get Together were so unbelievably empty, whereas this pack looks like it's brimming with content!

One small thing though - Everything looks so unhealthily colourful.

I know right?! Its just so....bright?!?! I still cant over how bridgeport looked like. It was gorgeous and and a bit saturated. (Like a really cool city)
    Happiness!
    j9pm6g.gif
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member

It was mentioned in a leak.
  • Options
    MocaJava wrote: »

I know right?! I'm flabbergasted!

Also I'm adding something about Midnuit Avenue to my signature (because why not laugh at my own expense :D:):|:/:(:s )

I have to give you credit Swiftie, you don't let things (or people) get you down and I admire that. Happy simming!
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited September 2016
    I just saw the official trailer for City Life. Well there's no doubt about the Pack now. But I had to watch the trailer like 5 times back to back because of what was shown at the end of it. The first time I hadn't noticed it, but the second time I did. And I had to watch it like 3 more times after that just to make sure that what I saw at the end was really in there. If you are wondering what I'm talking about, it's the sim playing an electric piano in a pink raccoon costume at the end. That was to hilarious, so hilarious in fact that I nearly ended up ROFL. :D
    ETA: After looking at some screenshots of the new CL trailer. I now noticed what appears to be a Political Career. It apparently shows up very early on in the trailer, like before the part where you see some sims shooting hoops on a street court for basketball.
    Post edited by sunman502 on
  • Options
    sunman502 wrote: »
    I just saw the official trailer for City Life. Well there's no doubt about the Pack now. But I had to watch the trailer like 5 times back to back because of what was shown at the end of it. The first time I hadn't noticed it, but the second time I did. And I had to watch it like 3 more times after that just to make sure that what I saw at the end was really in there. If you are wondering what I'm talking about, it's the sim playing an electric piano in a pink raccoon costume at the end. That was to hilarious, so hilarious in fact that I nearly ended up ROFL. :D
    ETA: After looking at some screenshots of the new CL trailer. I now noticed what appears to be a Political Career. It apparently shows up very early on in the trailer, like before the part where you see some sims shooting hoops on a street court for basketball.

Are you talking about the politician giving a speech?
  • Options
    Will there be any more careers that you can directly control (Like Detective, Scientist, and Medical)?
    "I should have been a pair of ragged claws, scuttling across the floors of silent seas."
  • Options
    I also wonder if you would be able to own your own Nightclub and manage it
    "I should have been a pair of ragged claws, scuttling across the floors of silent seas."