Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Unwated Proposal? *Update*

KayxxFanpireKayxxFanpire Posts: 500 Member
I have a Sim named Claire who is currently in a relationship with Marcus Flex. I decided to have Marcus propose (even though he has commitment issues) because Claire is pregnant. So...I have Marcus propose and Claire denied him! Their relationship is really high (full romance bar,almost full friendship bar) and Claire's traits are Family Oriented,Perfectionist and Jealous. I have never had a Sim who didn't have the noncommittal trait deny a proposal. Any ideas on why this happened? I was thinking pregnancy hormones or Marcus didn't get a big enough diamond,lol ;)

*I added a comment with an update!
03.22.2013 <3
Post edited by KayxxFanpire on

Comments

• Options
    FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    Maybe its depending on a particular mood of the sims as if their motive is low, they get moody and start rejecting them with any sort of social interactions
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Ohh, fun drama :smile:

How were her needs? Could that have any influence on things?

I just got my noncommital legacy heir to finally say yes to going steady. Will be interesting to se how the proposal will go later on, lol.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    I also think current emotions and needs play into this a lot.

Maybe it is for the better that this union didn't come to be? It might have left both of them heartbroken. Finger's crossed Claire finds a another devoted husband who'll be a good father to her child!
  • Options
    belpitabelpita Posts: 1,445 Member
    I had a Sim have her wish for a soulmate granted by the Wishing Well, but when she proposed to the created Sim she was rejected. I found that a little odd.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I'm glad you had this happen. (Your poor sim won't be lol) but I've never had this happen in my game and it sounds fun!
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    Yeah the mood your sim is in and the state of their needs bars the time of the proposal will have some barring on the outcome. And sometimes Sims just...like to be contrary though it's a lot less common in this game then in some of the previous ones. Get her Happy or Flirty and make sure she has full needs bars and let him try again once the embarrassed moodlets go away.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    JordanBrittJordanBritt Posts: 180 Member
    <3 Drama... B)]
    :smile:
    Sims-3-Sig.png
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,593 Member
    I know this was something that might occur in the Sims2 game. Makes me wonder if there's a built-in percentage that a marriage proposal will be turned down. Personally, if Marcus had commitment issues, I think Claire did herself a favor. I normally question this alleged smarter AI, but then a Sim makes a good move and well, makes me rethink my opinion.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member
    Marcus Flex
    latest?cb=20160722080803

^ You want her to propose to him and she said "no". Well, at least she ain't stupid.

For starters he is a layabout - he proably has a job working as a bartender.

Would you marry him in real-life?

Please don't say it is his baby she is expecting.

Travis Scott is the house-wives' choice:
    latest?cb=20160722082228
    Ignore the jumper.
    She won't say no to him.
  • Options
    PurrdaleckiPurrdalecki Posts: 972 Member
    I had Don propose to this Rosie chick and he's non-committal, she denied. I got them to know each better as they didn't know all of each others traits, swapped out his non committal trait for a modded trait and they were good to go. So maybe you should change the trait and get them to know each other better? Bc when I just changed the trait alone she still rejected him.
    tumblr_inline_o2epubgZOk1tbsl8q_500.gif
    My sims 4 studio with poses for download and stuff: click
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Thanks for all the replies everyone! I have an update on Claire. Firstly,when Marcus proposed the first time they both were in great moods..so I dont think that caused the rejection. Anyway,I decided to wait until Claire gave birth to try again. And this is where the drama gets even better :#

So Claire goes into labor,I send her to the crib to have the baby...get the pop-up...it's a girl! I'm thinking,this is good! She already had a boy so perfect. Then...another pop-up. It's a boy! Alright,twins,not what I was expecting but......omg....another pop-up!! It's a girl!

Claire had my first ever set of triplets in Sims 4! 2 girls and a boy! I named them Eris,Cyrus and Enya.

Anyway,back to the proposal situation. I had Marcus try again after the triplets were born. Both were in good mood again. She rejected him again. So I thought I would try it the other way around. Claire proposed to Marcus...and he rejected her! So...I decided the relationship wasnt meant to be. So Claire broke up with Marcus and threw him out of the house. And now Claire is a single mother of 4. Oh and she got randomly abducted by aliens shortly after Marcus was moved out of the house...lol,I have never had such a drama filled household before!
    03.22.2013 <3
  • Options
    And now Claire is a single mother of 4...

*cough*
    latest?cb=20160722082228
    Ignore the jumper.
    *cough*
  • Options
    plopppo wrote: »
    And now Claire is a single mother of 4...

*cough*
    latest?cb=20160722082228
    Ignore the jumper.
    *cough*

I'll have to see if Claire can hunt him down...I do think he would be a good choice for her actually. I do have MC Command Center installed though so he might already been scooped up by another house wife ;)
    03.22.2013 <3
  • Options
    Let the fox see the rabbit's ears:

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Travis_Scott
  • Options
    MistyDoveMistyDove Posts: 695 Member
    So much drama! I'm interested to see who Claire will end up with. Looks can be deceiving though, I had a sim marry Joaquin Le Chien and even though he looks like the party type he was actually one of the sweetest fathers and husband so far.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

Bwa ha ha :D This is great. We will see what happens to Claire later on.

I have had the same thing going on in my legacy.

09-08-16_11-04-42nbspPM_zpsb2ryfuq8.png
    This is the really really sweet romantic interest of my legacy heir. The heir is noncomittal and just turned her down.

* SilentKitty: You turned that down, she is awesome and treats you so well, all autonomous kisses. Kids these days*

09-09-16_10-50-48nbspPM_zpscgo16hid.png
    Emelie and I team up and work our collective butts off, romantic meals. Oh well, as you romantic you get on this little settler save at least. They had warm food!

09-09-16_11-12-14nbspPM_zpsejxiznuf.png
    And this is the happy-jigg that the unruly heir and I did when she said yes. This both me and Emelie were a little bit tired at that point.

Think I will play with aging off for a little while.... gather some courage before I start the get them married-quest, lol.

Sorry, didn't mean to barge in with so much stuff in your thread OP. All of this just happened during the weekend and I had so much fun with it. Just wanted to share :)
  • Options
    KatiardguezKatiardguez Posts: 640 Member
    Thanks for all the replies everyone! I have an update on Claire. Firstly,when Marcus proposed the first time they both were in great moods..so I dont think that caused the rejection. Anyway,I decided to wait until Claire gave birth to try again. And this is where the drama gets even better :#

So Claire goes into labor,I send her to the crib to have the baby...get the pop-up...it's a girl! I'm thinking,this is good! She already had a boy so perfect. Then...another pop-up. It's a boy! Alright,twins,not what I was expecting but......omg....another pop-up!! It's a girl!

Claire had my first ever set of triplets in Sims 4! 2 girls and a boy! I named them Eris,Cyrus and Enya.

Anyway,back to the proposal situation. I had Marcus try again after the triplets were born. Both were in good mood again. She rejected him again. So I thought I would try it the other way around. Claire proposed to Marcus...and he rejected her! So...I decided the relationship wasnt meant to be. So Claire broke up with Marcus and threw him out of the house. And now Claire is a single mother of 4. Oh and she got randomly abducted by aliens shortly after Marcus was moved out of the house...lol,I have never had such a drama filled household before!

Ooh wow, I wish my game had this much drama :)
  • Options
    @SilentKitty please feel free to share more! I love hearing about other people's games :) I will update on Claire and her adventures next time I get the chance to play!
    03.22.2013 <3
  • Options
    dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    Definately depends on their mood, sometimes if theyre angry, or uncomfortable they will reject a proposal even from someone they really love. They get a moddlet about 'not picking the right moment' or something. The best bet is to get them both flity before attempting a second proposal.
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    maybe a flirty mood will help. I've had so many rejections from my non committal sim. The "couple" are both elders now, maybe it's finally time to make it official. :D I wanna be stubborn and have the non non committal sim ask/propose.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    StilleWaterStilleWater Posts: 1,566 Member
    I have a Sim named Claire who is currently in a relationship with Marcus Flex. I decided to have Marcus propose (even though he has commitment issues) because Claire is pregnant. So...I have Marcus propose and Claire denied him! Their relationship is really high (full romance bar,almost full friendship bar) and Claire's traits are Family Oriented,Perfectionist and Jealous. I have never had a Sim who didn't have the noncommittal trait deny a proposal. Any ideas on why this happened? I was thinking pregnancy hormones or Marcus didn't get a big enough diamond,lol ;)

*I added a comment with an update!

Same happened to my sim, he has commitment issues and she is family. She slapped the ring out of his hand and yelled at him. He played up to her and he got her prego then broke it off with he. He wasn't sad, she cried...I just figured it would be the other way around since she said no.
    7FXGVZ1.jpg?1
  • Options
    lmkiturelmkiture Posts: 1,206 Member
    This happened to me recently, it was my first proposal rejection too. It was a couple pretty much in good status, I had played them through teens to get married, and once they were YA I had the guy pop the question. And she said no, and I was like "WHAT!!" I think I was just as upset as the guy!

I tried again the next sim night, took them out to eat, had super romantic time and she said yes. Since they've have 6 kids and run 2 restaurants. Alls well that ends well.
  • Options
    DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    Sometimes that AI does have a mind of it's own as to what your sims should do and, it gets stubborn LOL. Ive got one that the game loves to create drama for too. I do give my sims full autonomy and, use a mod to make even more things autonomous for them. It's fun to watch and see what the AI does. :)

Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • Options
    Another update on Claire. I decided that @plopppo was right and Travis Scott seemed to be a good match for Claire. They fell for each other very easily and as I type this Travis proposed to Claire and she said yes! I think she knew all along that Marcus wasn't the one for her...she wasn't gonna let me force her to be married to him ;) thanks again to everyone who commented!
    03.22.2013 <3
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    When my sim was with Marcus, she also had triplets, they were all girls. Travis is a good sim, he always makes adorable children I've found. :)