Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

GRIMY PETITION

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    NZsimm3r wrote: »
    Well, thanks to mods, Grimmy moved into a house in my game. He still does his job but, he likes to fish too, pretty much all he does is fish and claim the dead. I don't mind that.

@DarkAmaranth1966 it might not have been due to mods. In one game I have Grim moved into a house too. I use absolutely no mods... just opened up my game and when I was in map view just happened to notice the game had moved him into Oasis Springs opposite Johnny Zest!

Kinda signed. I wish Grim was scarier and sims reacted accordingly but I do like seeing him around my town occasionally. I'm a bit torn on this one.

Well, I just wish his presence meant something terrifying. It's just super immersion-destroying to see him come in as a regular townie.
  • Options
    FlamingoKicker1FlamingoKicker1 Posts: 4,474 Member
    edited September 2016
    I definitely AGREE completely with the OP. I HATE when they just clone a regular townie sim and then try to make them special NPCs or whatever and they should be special and unique but obviously that would be HARDER (oh my) for their animators to have to work out that problem. But then the game has always cut corners in the past to keep things easier for them. However we still pay full price for everything. I hate when I see the Reaper drinking a beer at the bar (where is it going to go? wouldn't it just leak out all over the floor? He has no internal organs...now that might be a humorous animation to watch but again that would require extra work for EA) or working out at the gym (? really?)
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    I definitely AGREE completely with the OP. I HATE when they just clone a regular townie sim and then try to make them special NPCs or whatever and they should be special and unique but obviously that would be HARDER (oh my) for their animators to have to work out that problem. But then the game has always cut corners in the past to keep things easier for them. However we still pay full price for everything. I hate when I see the Reaper drinking a beer at the bar (where is it going to go? wouldn't it just leak out all over the floor? He has no internal organs...now that might be a humorous animation to watch but again that would require extra work for EA) or working out at the gym (? really?)

That is exactly what happens actually. He leaves a black oily kind of puddle behind. The Grim Reaper is not just a townie spawned to act like a reaper. He is in fact a fully developed character and has special animations and abilities that ordinary sims can not get. It's just that in The Sims 4 he is not particularly scary and once he has reaped someone he will very often turn up around your town, playing chess, pumping iron, fishing etc and occasionally shopping in your retail businesses.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    I hope that as well as Grim, whenever we get the new creatures such as vampires/werewolves they will also be more terrifying than previous games.
  • Options
    dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    He use to be awesome but I don't know what happened... Somewhere along the way he lost his spark.

cue music:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nr8hPnZfMU

I think it's time We upgrade the grim reaper

GrimReaper_Atrium01SNIP1.png

use one of the old concepts

I like the two middle ones... and the last one with the green aura... maybe make it a dark purple aura instead, and maybe it would look better with out the horns, and actually make the eyes glow from under the hood.

I think Grim needs to be a little more ruthless, and a bit Sarcastic. Think Hades, Hercules, snappy comebacks. that appear in the notifications.

Making Deals with the Grim Reaper.

Something Real like sacrificing your first born child for a Second chance at life.

So The Grim reaper turns your sim's first born into a ghost, and your sim ages into the age of your first born child. basically you and your child trade places.

This is perfect!