Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is the point of the nanny?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    sweetface44sweetface44 Posts: 2,958 Member
    it was just a add in to make simmers happy
  • Options
    dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    edited September 2016
    I actually like the nanny some of the time. She supports the kids in learning skills and generally makes conversation and is a delight around the house; but when it comes to taking care of the babies, I constantly get 'Your baby is hungry, social services may take it away.' notifications, so I try to feed the baby myself, but I cant get to the crib because the nanny is stood there doing countless 'cuddle' and 'talk to' actions over and over while the baby is hungry. She also flirts with the men of the house, which peeves me off. Then I can't tell what her work hours are, and when to expect her, and when she goes home. I pretty much need her 24/7 since I have four babies on the go, and one child, yet sometimes she'll stay over for days, and other times she'll go home after a few hours and I'll have to ring her up to drag her back.

They need to fix the nanny's priorities.

Though, it is better than the Sims 2 Nanny, she set a fire in my friend's game, the toddlers were all stuck in the baby chairs, and she went downstairs to dance on the disco. Long story short, all five toddlers died. It's become something of a pun between me and my friend now.
  • Options
    SimsFanatic2688SimsFanatic2688 Posts: 222 Member
    I was wondering this too. I have received a few notifications to say the kids are going to be taken away!
  • Options
    HyeionHyeion Posts: 522 Member
    At least they don't kidnap your kids like mine did in The Sims 2.
    mfCdivN.gif

Origin ID: Hyeion
  • Options
    chensaytaylorchensaytaylor Posts: 700 Member
    I guess I got lucky with my nanny. He feeds the baby, and when the kids are doing homework, or skilling he comes up and tells them they are doing a great job. I have him help them with homework, he cleans up after the kids....
  • Options
    SimmerMarsSimmerMars Posts: 242 Member
    I used the nanny once. I was just curious about it and wanted to see how well the nanny worked. I was happy for a while with him until... The baby needed a diaper change. The nanny was doing everything under the moon to get the baby to stop crying but not once did he change the diaper. I kept saying change the darn diaper you fool! Lol Good thing the dad was just about done with work so I had him do it. I notice that the diaper issue goes far beyond the nanny though. None of my sims change the dirty diaper on their own. They always coo but never change the diaper on their own. I did store everything before the nanny came over. From the tv to the computer lol. No distractions for him. He took care of most of the babies needs and cooked.
    Origin ID: Bosslady216
  • Options
    asouthernwriterasouthernwriter Posts: 1,041 Member
    My nanny went to my restaurant while she was supposed to take care of the baby. Idk how it happened; she suddenly appeared next to my cook....

The same thing happens with maids. They'll come to the restaurant and start cleaning lol
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,699 Member
    My nanny went to my restaurant while she was supposed to take care of the baby. Idk how it happened; she suddenly appeared next to my cook....

The same thing happens with maids. They'll come to the restaurant and start cleaning lol

Hello
    This link thread on the AHQ EA site refers to that issue. The workaround is to be home and not at the restaurant when the maid is scheduled to come to the home.
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-GTW-DO-Serivce-NPC-appearing-at-business-venue/m-p/4524049#M12537