Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How long/often do you play TS4?

Comments

• Options
    Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    I load the game up maybe once every 2-3 weeks and if I'm building a house I might play for a couple hours, but I never actually play the game for more than 30 minutes. I get bored and quit. I do enjoy building lots in that game though
  • Options
    plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member
    ix83iBF.jpg
    If you set this as your desktop picture - then you never need to launch TS4 to look at it.
    Genius.
  • Options
    IfreshyehIfreshyeh Posts: 1,403 Member
    An hour or half an hour, every 3 or 4 weeks. I can't play it much still bc the game feels very lacking.
  • Options
    ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    I don't really play that much. I usually open the game once or twice a week for like 5-10 minutes just to take some screenshots for some Modeling Comps that I'm in.
    He/Him
  • Options
    Bashsync2015Bashsync2015 Posts: 228 Member
    When I can I usually play 1hr-3hrs every two days or so. Sometimes I don't play sims for week then go back to it.
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    plopppo wrote: »
    If you set this as your desktop picture - then you never need to launch TS4 to look at it.
    Genius.

I can't even imagine doing that. Why constantly remind myself of a big disappointment?

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    TalyrandTalyrand Posts: 2 New Member
    At this point I'm playing for maybe an hour every other month. I haven't played in over a month, and before that I hadn't played in a month. When I do play, I can barely last an hour. I credit 4 with curing my Sims addiction since I used to play 3 for at least an hour (usually 2-3) every day. I'm profoundly disappointed with 4, the closed world mechanic is frustrating and the game play is shallow. In my personal opinion, it plays like an RPG and not a life simulator. The only reason I haven't uninstalled it is because I still have two terabytes of free memory and don't need the hard drive space.

• Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    ix83iBF.jpg
    Genius.

My launch screen for the game doesn't look like that anymore. :P
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    xitneverendssxitneverendss Posts: 1,772 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    ix83iBF.jpg
    Genius.

My launch screen for the game doesn't look like that anymore. :P

I think you kinda missed the joke...maybe?
  • Options
    PrettyOddPrettyOdd Posts: 63 Member
    Whenever I get new content I play tirelessly, and then when I grow tired of it I won't touch the game for months
  • Options
    TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    I play almost every day, usually 1-2 hours between work and dinner or before bed, and usually in the morning on weekends. The Sims 4 is the only game I play at the moment. When I don't play for a day it's because I can't find the time to.
  • Options
    parbopostcardsparbopostcards Posts: 78 Member
    Weekends are between 3-8 hours.
    During the week depends on what is going on.
    I also seem to have spurts where I don't play at all for months at a time and sometimes I go for days continuously playing, esp when there is a new game pack.
  • Options
    kingkong192kingkong192 Posts: 953 Member
    As someone else said, I can go a couple months and then I get an itch and play everyday for a couple weeks.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited September 2016
    Off and on.
    I only visit the game when I begin to miss my sims. I probably play for a half an hour to an hour.
    I usually don't save.

I usually play sims games for several hours if I have the time.
    Sometimes all day marathons on the weekends or if I have a day off.

Oh, lately I have been spending a lot of time downloading custom content and testing it out.
    I love the way my game looks now.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    xPaxionxPaxion Posts: 1,119 Member
    I used to be quite casual. But then I would hang around the forums, after reading what others doing I would gain the "inspired" moodlet and now I play almost everyday. There is always something different I could be doing in TS4.
  • Options
    spivoskispivoski Posts: 299 Member
    I can play the CAS part for a good 45 mins to an hour, depending on if I'm creating a sim for the gallery or if I have another goal in mind. The same goes for building houses. As far as actually playing the sims in live mode, I lose interest after about 10 minutes. I haven't opened the game for about a month though. Waiting for a pack to really capture my excitement.
  • Options
    TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member
    edited September 2016
    Haven't played TS4 since the career patch back in Jan 2015. Went back to TS2UC and have downloaded so many of my old favorite objects, skins, hairs, wallpaper, etc. Having a blast with sims that make you work keeping them alive and out of trouble!! Never know what they will do next. Who needs multitasking when you have a very moody/exhausted Brandy and her brood with never a dull moment.
    I have played since the beginning of The Sims and have to say I have more hours in TS2 than any of the games. TS3 runs a close second and I would be playing it now if I didn't have to get all of Twallans mods to fix it and make it playable.

Happy Simming no matter which game you are playing!!

ETA; I play TS2UC 4+hours 3-4 times a week.
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    Not that long.. used to play Sims two & three for hours, but I get bored easily now. If i'm lucky maybe three hours for two to three days a week.
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    I played for a couple of hours this morning, and it was nice to get back into one of my old saves. I might play again in a few hours.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    Update: I'm holding off playing for more than 30 minutes/day for now, until I can get the hardware problem with my RAM fixed. I have 16 GB installed, but only 12 GB is working. It has also already affected Firefox and Chrome: They type random garbage characters instead of what I am typing on my keyboard (Firefox always, Chrome sometimes). It may be only a matter of time until it affects Microsoft Edge, after which I will be forced to take my computer to the shop. (Trying to save up money in the meantime for the repair.)
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • Options
    SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    Probably the bulk of my time is spent on the menu screen - I know that multiple times I have been there for an hour, then never launched the game.

I wonder if they keep a stat of that - ie how much time is actually people on the menu screen?

Time I spend on the "Menu Screen" I usually spend browsing the gallery and admiring other Simmers' creations.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • Options
    Rena18Rena18 Posts: 231 Member
    I have waaay too much time on my hands, unless I have doctors appointments I'm pretty much playing from when I wake up until I go to sleep. It gets boring pretty fast... I try going back to sims 2 sometimes, but I've gotten so used to the ease of building and the updated sims in 4 that I just go back to playing 4.
    WJ0QpjS.jpg

• Options
    JasonSim16JasonSim16 Posts: 466 Member
    I play The Sims 4 once a day. For example if it's Monday in real life I'll play a Sim Monday. So once a day I play a Simoleon week. Monday's always Bill Day!
    71rbpi.png
  • Options
    sweetiebabe05sweetiebabe05 Posts: 113 Member
    When I'm really into the game like when there's a new release of I have a good story line going then I play for 6-7 hours a day for weeks at a time.

Then go months without playing.

Right now I'm waiting for a new release, either a new SP or something...anything...I wanna play but I'm bored with what is in the game right now.
    531d4eef-f8a0-4d53-82d6-46c8f93fe9bb_zpslpma27lv.png

• Options
    fionaloveserranofionaloveserrano Posts: 584 Member
    Depends on my mood. I have sims 2, 3 and 4 (though I really want to play sims 1) so I play whatever game I feel like that day. When I do play Sims 4 it's for a few hours. :)