Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How long/often do you play TS4?

The title says it all.

I play TS4 for around half an hour, around 4 times a week.

Comments

• Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    If I'm creating Sims I might spend a couple of hours. If I'm trying to play I'm lucky to last that long. Sometimes it might be a couple of days in a row, more often it's a day every few months. It all depends on when various "working as intended" features or bugs show up.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    EmeraldEclipse1EmeraldEclipse1 Posts: 103 Member
    I tend to spend a few weeks playing it abut an hour a day, per weekday, then basically doing nothing but Sims on weekends, then realizing how much time I've spent and not touching the game for a month or so.
    I've been trying to balance it out this summer, so I probably play around 5 hours a week or so now. I spend a few minutes (maybe 20ish?) fooling around in CAS each week, and probably an hour or two building something, with the rest spent on actual playing.
    That doesn't include looking for CC and mods, reading blogs by Simmers, or time on the forums.
  • Options
    cynclacyncla Posts: 1,117 Member
    Daily for varying periods of time.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    It totally depends on what else there is to do and on my mood etc. I almost never open the game unless I have at least an hour available, preferably more. Some evenings I'll read a book or watch TV with family. Some evenings I'm still working. Weekends year-round I'm sometimes out or working. Summer and December have less gaming time in them usually for me, winter has more. But I don't play other games (though I'm eyeing Cities Skylines), so Sims gets what gaming time there is. So, anywhere from once a week to nearly every day, and anywhere from an hour to 6 or 7 hours, I'd say, depending.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    One hour or more 4-5 times a week
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    Usually a couple of hours at night after work and dinner are done. On my days off I usually average 2-4 hours, sometimes more sometimes less depending on what's going on IRL. Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to play at all during the skills boost event because I was so busy with other stuff. I'm off tomorrow and looking forward to a nice long play session.
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Maybe about an hour or so a day. If I am building something then I might be on a several hour marathon.
  • Options
    AmaraStormAmaraStorm Posts: 80 Member
    I go and come in spurts. I'll play for a few hours after work during the week in between dinner and bedtime/hubby time. I'm usually super busy with life on the weekends, but may putter around on Sunday if we have no family plans. After a week or two, I'll get bored and move on to something else for a bit. I'm getting a weird hankering to play Skyrim for the 10th time or maybe Deus Ex when the hubby is done with it.
  • Options
    mrnhmathmrnhmath Posts: 750 Member
    around 2 minutes per week
  • Options
    MinnieMouseMinnieMouse Posts: 262 Member
    I usually play an hour or two on weeknights, if I am home. Longer on weekends (maybe 4-8 hours) when I have the time. Sims is pretty much the only game I play, although I recently tried out No Man's Sky (liked it, but can only play on husband's computer when he's not using it), and I occasionally play a Lego adventure game (especially when I'm shorter on time).
  • Options
    nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    I tried for 5 minutes the other day because I was bored with Sims 3. I went into Sims 2 first and was trying to build a house and the camera angles drove me nuts so I thought I would try Sims 4, again. I just couldn't get into it. Maybe someday.
  • Options
    Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    I was playing pretty much every day for a few hours, counting CAS, building, game play ect. The last couple of weeks I'm back on 3. I just don't have confidence that 4 is ultimately going to make it in a way I'll like. As such I'm not sure it's worth the effort. Still waiting it out.
  • Options
    foussifoussi Posts: 642 Member
    edited August 2016
    I play it each day every week.

I play between 3-5 hours
  • Options
    LunaNovaLunaNova Posts: 1,239 Member
    I've been playing allot of Overwatch recently (like to much, i've now got a rule that if I win 3 games in a row I quit playing for the day). But I do have 1-4 hour stints on sims 4 when the mood strikes.
    tumblr_ox7j4tmNjd1wqkiw6o1_1280.png
    //Sims Tumblr Here-MoonPhase Simblr//Berry Sims Here- MoonBerry Sims//
    Let me make you a cute forum avatar [Closed right noww!! will re-open closer to cats and dogs!] //
  • Options
    PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    edited August 2016
    I don't usually play on weekdays (I work until late in the evening and I want to spend some quality time with my partner when I get home). I play for 2-4 hours every Saturday and Sunday morning/afternoon. So that's about 4-8 hours a week. Of course depending on my plans for the weekend I may play a little more or less than that but that's the average I guess
  • Options
    SummerjaseSummerjase Posts: 1,424 Member
    I usually play around 3-4 hours every day (omg I have a problem). Unless I'm in school, then I usually only play an hour or so. Also depends on what I'm doing. Sometimes I'll get really inspired to build something and I'll sit at it for 6 hours (that was only a few times...) And depends on how into the family/challenge I am
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    3-5 hours at a time, and anywhere from 2-5 days a week.
  • Options
    auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    I've been playing the sims 2 for the first time in about seven years. It's been pretty enjoyable. I'm on my second generation! When I do play the sims 4 it's usually playing around in CAS or building something. I usually never end up playing with the sims themselves very long because I get bored pretty fast. So usually around 1 to 2 hours once or twice a week.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    edited August 2016
    I don't play every day, but that's mostly because I'm really busy working on my family's Geneaology (and I just got my DNA results back!) I'm also very busy editing my latest novel, still pulling out the typos, etc. and adding a few layers to the story. But, I powered up Sims4 this morning around 11 o'clock I think it was and just saved and exited my game about an hour ago, so that means I played for about 3 1/2 hours. I was anxious to get my Legacy Challenge blog chapter out.

I do admit, I can play Sims2 and even Sims3 for longer. But I do enjoy Sims4 for a variety of reasons. And today, my Sim finally had enough Simoleons saved up to buy his first restaurant. Yeah, I'm late to the party again. But, it's a Legacy Challenge (Pinstar's) so I can't use the money cheats, which meant I had to wait. LOL Too much like RL, sometimes. :p
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    StilleWaterStilleWater Posts: 1,566 Member
    I don't play as much as I use to but I have the game on (paused) nearly 15 hours a day 6 days a week.
    7FXGVZ1.jpg?1
  • Options
    cynclacyncla Posts: 1,117 Member
    I don't play as much as I use to but I have the game on (paused) nearly 15 hours a day 6 days a week.

I would so be afraid the power would blink and I'd lose my gain , whatever that really means, but then I live in the country and sometimes for no, apparent, reason at all the power blinks - you know, just enough to shut everything off and have to reset your clocks. Three computers in my house with three gamers - ahh the howls of despair LOL
  • Options
    sa1azsa1az Posts: 47 Member
    It depend..
    In work days i play about ((3-5))hours but at the weekends or vecations it could increase to ((8)) hours.
    I dont like to be out side my house a lot.
    So i spend my times on my laptop
    rbjwwn.jpg
  • Options
    DiamondsR4everDiamondsR4ever Posts: 243 Member
    A few hours every other day.
    The ignore feature is a blessing :D . Don't be afraid to use it!
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    I'm taking a break from The Sims 4 until this weekend (I think) and concentrating on Project CARS. I usually play for about 90 mins to 2 hours a night when I do.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    TheHeku4TheHeku4 Posts: 155 Member
    I play sims 4 reaaally randomly. I can go months without touching the game, to playing it nonstop for a week. Never quite sure.
    4XoHjXr.gif
    "You can't agree to disagree, because they're frigging wrong!"