Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who actually likes the Sims 4?

167891012...Next

Comments

• Options
    NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    meeoun wrote: »
    @Nectere
    That's sweet you recreated your grandparents and their home in the game. Lets hope they don't fall victims to culling... or better yet, if you switch households for a bit, lets hope your grandma doesn't have love interests with the whole town.

Oh I very definitely have to go in and restore their relationship every few rotations since I dont use a mod for the flirty introduction right now, I dont have any issues when I have that mod pack in (no flirty/enchanting/rude introductions). Every time I rotate in because I have stopped seeing them out together being sweet and loving (big clue, grams and gramps are out to dine with others, and usually getting slapped) they have a list of people in romance status. There is no rhyme or reason to it, both males and females are game. I find it infuriating because this conduct could not be further from the realty of my grandparent's life or relationship. I dont think they will ever be culled tho, I have guarded against that as they both have jobs, have a nice home and grams has a pseudo business which is really just her gardening club. I do see her out with her club members from time to time too.

So yeah, I have to fix their broken relationship every few rotations. :disappointed:

In other news, just so y'all know I was serious about my sqwhirlfriends...
    This one sits and waits for me every day on queue and will come when chattered to, but there are 5-6 that have learned the peanut game over the last year, this one is just really, really good at it. Or maybe I am... hahahah
    kh0W7YJ.jpg

Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • Options
    nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member

In other news, just so y'all know I was serious about my sqwhirlfriends...
    This one sits and waits for me every day on queue and will come when chattered to, but there are 5-6 that have learned the peanut game over the last year, this one is just really, really good at it. Or maybe I am... hahahah
    kh0W7YJ.jpg

[/quote]

That looks like my squirrel!

• Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I quite enjoy this game, yes. Building and CAS are beyond compare. This game has everything I dreamed of since back in the days of playing the first in the series. Can't wait to see what it finally looks like when all is said and done. :)
    Building is beyond compare. No CASt, no terrain tools. It's just easier in some ways, that's all.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    I do like the game, the problem for me is I haven't found a love relationship with it yet. I loved both 2 and 3 from the very start. I can play a few days, then I get bored. This was never the case with 2 or 3.
  • Options
    dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    I absolutely love the Sims 4, it has its faults but it's also got absolutely gorgeous, stunning, beautiful worlds, I cannot stress this enough! I love the CAS - dragging features and adore the art style on the sims (Despite what other people think) Clay hair is my favourite! Furniture and houses look clean cut and they all fit the aesthetic, textures in Sims 2/3 look outdated in comparison. - although I'm not comparing the games, just saying Sims 4 stepped up nicely there. I'm not sure that people remember, but when Sims 3 first came out everyone was complaining about the way the Sims looked, I feel like Sims 4 character design was exactly what those fans were looking for (me included), and fixed all of my problems, personally, with the Sims 3 characters. I'm extremely eager for whatever expansions etc are brought out next and I'll continue to support this amazing series by buying them.
  • Options
    DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,184 Member
    It's probably the worst of the main numbered Sims games. That being said, Sims 2, 3 and 1 (in that order) are all pretty 🐸🐸🐸🐸 fantastic games so even Sims 4 being simply a good game would be considered "the worst" in comparison. So I still love the game for its own reasons.
  • Options
    TheSpotted_CTheSpotted_C Posts: 293 Member
    I love this iteration of The Sims. I loved Sims 2, remember loving Sims 1, had a love/hate relationship with 3 (that ultimately leaned towards indifference) and now I'm all love all over again. Nothing is perfect - I agree that they need to offer more dynamic activities for our expressive sims to get up to, but I really don't care about toddlers and I have the patience not to beg for things that I already know I'm going to get (seasons, pets). As far as I'm concerned, they can keep it coming.
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    edited September 2016
    Hm. I clicked on this by accident and decided to read it for the sake of it.

A curious thought hit me as I was reading. I wonder how many hours each person who loves the game has put into it.

I put in well over 2,000 hours before I came to my own conclusion. It got me wondering.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5