Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 5 may be coming

Comments

• Options
    SapientsimsolidSapientsimsolid Posts: 3,169 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    faytheful wrote: »
    Just read this article it says Sims 5 maybe coming http://www.movienewsguide.com/the-sims-5-latest-development-status-the-sims-4-gets-city-life-dlc-this-holiday-season/271029
    So ready for it, bring it on but please include toddlers.

LOL, regarding that 5M button why does anyone think it has anything to do with TS4? It clearly has three plumbobs on it, not four so why does it have three plumbobs? On TS3 site we had a badge just like it for 4M on our Simpage for some sort of reward. Maybe that was in celebration for the 4M playing at a specific anniversary I don't recall, but it clearly has 3plums on it.

can't explain why people think the way they do but 3 plumbobs suggests to me TS3, but you say "on TS3 site we had a badge just like it for 4M" and when I read that it clicked; if its 4M for TS3, then 5M for TS4 sounds about right. Just guessing of course so I could be wrong.

I need to remember or find out why we were given that badge/button. lol Not sure. But someone else pointed out recently the gurus boasted about the 5million woohoos in that challenge months ago. They were going for 4 and actually got 5.

well that explains the 5M :) personally I glossed over that part. What caught my eye & made me pay attention was the sentence under the picture.
  • Options
    Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    Nooo. There's no plans for the sims 5 as of now. People who don't like the game started these rumors. The sims 4 is pretty successful and it sells, EA is not gonna start making a new game until the sales go down.

So much wrong with these statements. You don't know that there are no current plans for TS5 unless you are a Maxis/EA insider. You have no proof who started the rumors. We don't know if TS4 is successful because EA absolutely refuses to release actual sales figures, something they had no hesitation about with the wildly successful TS3. They recently chopped the retail price of the base TS4 game, which you DO NOT do if a game is selling well.

However, since this is in Speculation & Rumor, I suppose anything goes!
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Just read this article it says Sims 5 maybe coming http://www.movienewsguide.com/the-sims-5-latest-development-status-the-sims-4-gets-city-life-dlc-this-holiday-season/271029

LOL, regarding that 5M button why does anyone think it has anything to do with TS4? It clearly has three plumbobs on it, not four so why does it have three plumbobs? On TS3 site we had a badge just like it for 4M on our Simpage for some sort of reward. Maybe that was in celebration for the 4M playing at a specific anniversary I don't recall, but it clearly has 3plums on it.

can't explain why people think the way they do but 3 plumbobs suggests to me TS3, but you say "on TS3 site we had a badge just like it for 4M" and when I read that it clicked; if its 4M for TS3, then 5M for TS4 sounds about right. Just guessing of course so I could be wrong.

I need to remember or find out why we were given that badge/button. lol Not sure. But someone else pointed out recently the gurus boasted about the 5million woohoos in that challenge months ago. They were going for 4 and actually got 5.

well that explains the 5M :) personally I glossed over that part. What caught my eye & made me pay attention was the sentence under the picture.

Considering Maxis is mobile now, I doubt TS5 will even be for PC and that is my honest impression. When they merged they made it clear the person would be able to mesh the pc title with mobile. So, I guess we wait to see if TS5 is mobile game like they had planned in the first place for TS4.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    The Sims 4 hasn't even been out for 2 years yet, and we're still receiving content for it (which I don't expect to discontinue anytime soon).
    I love the idea of The Sims game continuing on into 5, but I think it's still going to be a few more years before we actually see that happen. TS4 isn't finished yet.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,549 Member
    @PrincessVee you must of realise since 2014 that the simsgurus are not talking about new content or upcoming content so chances are high, that the sims5 might be in delveloppment already but they are not mentening it and keeping it secret until they decide to officaly annouce that the sims5 is in the work and that might not be until next year or 2018 and as @Cinebar it might be for consoles and if there is indeed a pc or mac version it might be for the next generation of pc or mac that have very high processor and might be in the case of pc for windows 11 or windows 12 depending when it would be realise not counting itg might be avalable via origin only no physical disk. We have no clue as simmers how ea/maxi works on game we will have to wait and see and keep watch for any possible info on the sims5 because so far what is posted are not even from offical sims sites. and if the sims5 is not made in the sims studio its self chances are that ea/maxi might of sub contracted another gaming companie to create and work on the sims5. at least thats what i am thinking right now after finding that info about a 2019 realise.
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    Brieanna19Brieanna19 Posts: 307 Member
    IF* this article is even real(I don't think it is) at what point do they consider the sims 4 to be 'successful'? Sell X amount of copies? I highly doubt the Sims 4 will be the last of the Sims series.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Brieanna19 wrote: »
    IF* this article is even real(I don't think it is) at what point do they consider the sims 4 to be 'successful'? Sell X amount of copies? I highly doubt the Sims 4 will be the last of the Sims series.

Maybe not, but I really believe the game is gone as we knew it. You can't merge with mobile and now be called mobile and not build a mobile game.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options

Considering Maxis is mobile now, I doubt TS5 will even be for PC and that is my honest impression. When they merged they made it clear the person would be able to mesh the pc title with mobile. So, I guess we wait to see if TS5 is mobile game like they had planned in the first place for TS4.

good points; I think they're leaning toward mobile compatible games myself, but still hold out hope this is not the end for our
    precious PC game !
  • Options
    The Sims 4 hasn't even been out for 2 years yet, and we're still receiving content for it (which I don't expect to discontinue anytime soon).
    I love the idea of The Sims game continuing on into 5, but I think it's still going to be a few more years before we actually see that happen. TS4 isn't finished yet.

point accepted and right now we are just discussing how we feel about 5 and the fact that it may be coming :)
  • Options
    Brieanna19 wrote: »

not sure how many copies it has to sell before they consider it successful, none of us really know though many have
    been trying to get that information.
    Your last sentence gives me hope :)
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    As I said in your other thread about the VR I am not sure weather to believe it or not but while I am here, just in case there is a TS5 and it is really good, I shall share this gif:

88087d32daf41f3fd8ce30595df85b56d0b54e7b.gif
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    As I said in your other thread about the VR I am not sure weather to believe it or not but while I am here, just in case there is a TS5 and it is really good, I shall share this gif:

there's a reason why both articles are in the rumors, speculation thread. I thought rumors and speculation title was self explanatory but
    there are still some people who seem to view it from a definitive reality perspective. Maybe it wasn't a good idea to post for feedback or conversation. I wasn't really looking to see if people believed if the rumors/speculation were true or not, just posting to hear what
    players thought of the content, if it were to happen.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    People stop taking these biased non-official posts as true facts, jesus!
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    People stop taking these biased non-official posts as true facts, jesus!

its in the rumor and speculation section
  • Options
    DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    I think there will be a Sims 5, not in the near future but, I do expect to play it and, possibly Sims 6 before my death. That's about as far as I expect.

No I don't think it's even in the planning yet, I'm sure EA is thinking about it but, nowhere close to even white boarding for it yet. Maybe toward the end of 2017 to mid 2018, that will start.
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • Options
    I think there will be a Sims 5, not in the near future but, I do expect to play it and, possibly Sims 6 before my death. That's about as far as I expect.

No I don't think it's even in the planning yet, I'm sure EA is thinking about it but, nowhere close to even white boarding for it yet. Maybe toward the end of 2017 to mid 2018, that will start.

I think they're at least thinking about it. Some have said the article is clickbait and that maybe but it could also be from players
    who want a Sims 5 trying to remind EA about Sims 5. Others have said its possibly just a rumor & they don't think Sims 5 is even being
    thought about now. IDK which if either is correct, and I don't think anyone else in these forums does either unless they're a behind
    the scenes devs or work for EA.
    I posted it because the article caught my attention and had a semblance of truth to it in my opinion considering what I've read and
    I am looking forward to a Sims 5, and I wondered what everyone else thought about it.
    But since none of us really knows if Sims 5 is a fantasy or will be a reality one day, its in the rumors and speculation section to be
    treated as such until there is confirmation there will be a Sims 5 at all, from EA.
  • Options
    MikiMiki Posts: 1,692 Member
    edited August 2016
    For my 2 cents worth, I do not believe there is going to be a Sims 5, and in any event definitely not as soon as this speculation seems to indicate.

Where else are they going to go with this? Hybrid-out (read: Recycle) the best of 3 and 4?

It would absolutely require advanced gamer rigs which some of the fan base can't afford or in my case refuse to justify the expense for.. just to play games. (confession, I am not an hard core gamer by any stretch nor will I ever be so my POV can be seen as skewed.)

My gut feeling just doesn't see sufficient profit potential in continually re-inventing this 16-year old wheel.

As for the rumors and such.. some of the folks out there in social medial land who get a thrill out of spinning "plausible but baseless" speculation, knowing that there are many who would love to see this game continued and improved upon-- and watching "the faithful" run to those mirages like lemmings to the cliff. No one at EA/Maxis-- or any company dealing heavily with stuff involving trade and copyright-heavy product who wants to keep their job is going to breathe a word about what's going on behind Curtain Number 1, let alone publicly take ownership of it.

And, of course, those who leave the employ of such outfits are bound by heavy-handed confidentiality agreements which are exceedingly unpleasant to violate.

And the time line for this alleged release of "5"? Waaaay too short, considering how long it took them to cook up TS 4 -- and taking into account how incomplete it seems to those who were hard core TS 3 players... Or "2" for that matter.

It takes them the lion's share of a year to come up with a comprehensive expansion pack-- with bugs even-- for this game so a 5-year span between release of "4" and the fabled "5" is going to need to be a lot longer than 5 years... That is if they intend to come up with something we'll want to even consider buying.

But again it's all my gut feeling and I certainly can be wrong And I certainly do not want to upset or offend anyone who feels strongly the other way.

So, as crusty old Aerosmith sang before my time (back before the crust) "Dream On"

They do come true on occasion.

Yet.. remember, the stakeholders and dapper suits upstairs at EA Central Command also dream-- of healthy profits.. it's what drives any business. They got the keys to this train.

• Options
    auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    edited August 2016
    I was at best buy not too long ago and asked about sim city 5 because I wanted to try it out. He misunderstood me, and thought I asked about sims 5. He went to the back and came back like 10 mins later, and told me the sims 5 won't be released until 2019. I wonder if it's like a placeholder or if that's really the year it's coming out.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member

Even if there was im not buying... No way in heck would i be buying too much distrust with EA at this point
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    I was at best buy not too long ago and asked about sim city 5 because I wanted to try it out. He misunderstood me, and thought I asked about sims 5. He went to the back and came back like 10 mins later, and told me the sims 5 won't be released until 2019. I wonder if it's like a placeholder or if that's really the year it's coming out.

Bet he did an internet search and found Simmers assuming it was :D
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    Most people just say/assume 2019 because past games had a general lifespan of about 5 years, but who knows.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    I say if Ts4 fails they should go back to TS3 and TS2.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    EmTheSimmerEmTheSimmer Posts: 34 Member
    If they are working on Sims 5, I think they should just scrap TS4 and tell the fans that they will be taking a LOT of time off to perfect The Sims 5. It would definitely make TS4 more of a novelty and the token "bad" game of the franchise. Right now, maybe they feel as if they are in too deep with TS4 and that they messed up. Personally, I like Sims 4 a lot but it is really too simplistic, the fact it looks exactly the same on an iPad as it does on PC/Mac definitely says something. I like the graphics of Sims 4 but I really did feel it was stripped down way too much for the average simmer to embrace. So yeah, EA, if you read this.... Make Sims 5 epic if it is to happen in the first place.
    hi
  • Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    If they are working on Sims 5, I think they should just scrap TS4 and tell the fans that they will be taking a LOT of time off to perfect The Sims 5. It would definitely make TS4 more of a novelty and the token "bad" game of the franchise. Right now, maybe they feel as if they are in too deep with TS4 and that they messed up. Personally, I like Sims 4 a lot but it is really too simplistic, the fact it looks exactly the same on an iPad as it does on PC/Mac definitely says something. I like the graphics of Sims 4 but I really did feel it was stripped down way too much for the average simmer to embrace. So yeah, EA, if you read this.... Make Sims 5 epic if it is to happen in the first place.

But what about the people who,put a lot of money into 4? So scrap it and get all of those people upset? They would not sell well with ts5 if thats the case. Personally ive spent a lot of money on ts4 and if it got scraped Id be upset that I spent so much and was left with a game with issues. So it would be hard for me not to want a refund or something to compensate for my losses and dissatisfaction.

"Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member

there's a reason why both articles are in the rumors, speculation thread. I thought rumors and speculation title was self explanatory but
    there are still some people who seem to view it from a definitive reality perspective. Maybe it wasn't a good idea to post for feedback or conversation. I wasn't really looking to see if people believed if the rumors/speculation were true or not, just posting to hear what
    players thought of the content, if it were to happen.

Well if there is a TS5 in the works I think that they would want to keep it quiet for a number of reasons.

One reason is maybe they don't want players to 'give up' on TS4 too early.

The main reason is of course, they cannot talk about stuff before it is 'announced' and it is too early to announce TS5 at this stage.
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg