Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Zodiac Signs

Would you like to see this feature make a return?
I definitely would. I think it add a lot more depth to our sims.
Also, personality points would be cool too :)

Comments

• Options
    LunaNovaLunaNova Posts: 1,239 Member
    Yes! I always loved it and its a shame its gone!
    tumblr_ox7j4tmNjd1wqkiw6o1_1280.png
    //Sims Tumblr Here-MoonPhase Simblr//Berry Sims Here- MoonBerry Sims//
    Let me make you a cute forum avatar [Closed right noww!! will re-open closer to cats and dogs!] //
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,723 Member
    You mean zodiac signs + personality points?
    My Top Song of the Day: The Blackest of Birds by Fightstar
    Y2D8eAf.gif
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I don't know I'm personally not into zodiac signs. It wouldn't serve a purpose to me.

My personal opinion, It just seems pretty foolish, the stars define your traits? I have met people who do that and it gets on my nerves.

Most of the time my astrological sign, capricorn never matched up, for the most part, completely with who I am, so that's mainly why I'm not here for it.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited August 2016
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    I don't know I'm personally not into zodiac signs. It wouldn't serve a purpose to me.

My personal opinion, It just seems pretty foolish, the stars define your traits? I have met people who do that and it gets on my nerves.

Most of the time my astrological sign, capricorn never matched up, for the most part, completely with who I am, so that's mainly why I'm not here for it.

I bet that is zodiacs appeared in that non Disney canon ABC show, you'd want them. -.-
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    I dunno, they were kinda pointless in Sims 3. Maybe if not with personality points (cause we already have traits), then maybe with attraction system.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    Simpkin wrote: »
    I dunno, they were kinda pointless in Sims 3. Maybe if not with personality points (cause we already have traits), then maybe with attraction system.

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Zodiac_sign
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Simpkin wrote: »

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Zodiac_sign

I can't remember anything about it lol
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    I never cared about zodiac signs, they always seemed like just a predefined assignement of personality points, like a preset.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,571 Member
    sorry op but no i prefer the way it is with the sims4
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    BambooGirlBambooGirl Posts: 129 Member
    For me, personal traits is a better replacement of zodiac signs in case of roleplaying.
    HeHySHc.png
    The Legacy of Bamboo Girl Updated 9/3/16
  • Options
    foxx_fennecfoxx_fennec Posts: 761 Member
    If zodiac signs do return, then twins should have matching zodiac signs, especially if it's like in TS3 where signs were random instead of based on personality. I always found it weird when my Sims would have twins born under different signs. If we ever get a Seasons EP, that should affect what zodiac sign Sims are born under as well.
    Origin ID: foxx-fennec
  • Options
    Neia wrote: »
    I never cared about zodiac signs, they always seemed like just a predefined assignement of personality points, like a preset.

o.O
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    If zodiac signs do return, then twins should have matching zodiac signs, especially if it's like in TS3 where signs were random instead of based on personality. I always found it weird when my Sims would have twins born under different signs. If we ever get a Seasons EP, that should affect what zodiac sign Sims are born under as well.

Yes, I hope twins are born with the same zodiac if it returns.

I would love this feature to be back regardless of personality points.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    Personally I would rather have Favorite Color, Food & Music back over the Zodiac and definitely do not want the point system back unless it's one where you're not locked into a limited number of points you can distribute (I love Sims 2 but I'm always forced to compromise on the personality I would give a Sim because in order to have a super slobby Sim who is also really outgoing Sim they end up having to be super mean because there aren't enough points left to distribute to the rest of the categories) just have it so that there's a max number of points per category you can use instead. Also wouldn't mind the return of the Turn Ons and Turn Offs.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    3KNPen wrote: »
    Personally I would rather have Favorite Color, Food & Music back over the Zodiac and definitely do not want the point system back unless it's one where you're not locked into a limited number of points you can distribute (I love Sims 2 but I'm always forced to compromise on the personality I would give a Sim because in order to have a super slobby Sim who is also really outgoing Sim they end up having to be super mean because there aren't enough points left to distribute to the rest of the categories) just have it so that there's a max number of points per category you can use instead. Also wouldn't mind the return of the Turn Ons and Turn Offs.

Did those favourites even do anything for the game? :o They were just kind of there, whereas zodiacs influence the likeness of other sims towards the one you're controlling.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    But for me the likes added personality to the Sims and did small things like make them happy when they ate their favorite food or influenced what music they listened to if they turned on the radio (I also heard it gave them a decorated moodlet boost if the room was decorated in their favorite color not sure if that was true but it at least made it fun for me to decorate in that color) . It was a nice little addition to their personality. I never let the fact that a Sims zodiac signs were compatible or not influence me in choosing who they ended up with (and I don't think I personally ever felt in made an impact over their overall relationship with a person) but it's just a personal preference towards what I enjoyed playing with and I'm fine with them coming back but if given a choice I would choose the favorites over the zodiac sign.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member

I bet that is zodiacs appeared in that non Disney canon ABC show, you'd want them. -.-

Have several seats, You tried it.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    foxx_fennecfoxx_fennec Posts: 761 Member
    3KNPen wrote: »
    I never let the fact that a Sims zodiac signs were compatible or not influence me in choosing who they ended up with (and I don't think I personally ever felt in made an impact over their overall relationship with a person)

"Ask about Sign" gave a pretty noticeable boost in relationship if they had compatible signs. Zodiac signs had no influence on relationships beyond that, but that initial boost was useful for befriending Sims more quickly.
    Origin ID: foxx-fennec
  • Options

Have several seats, You tried it.

What?
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    Did the Zodiac signs ever do anything beyond create preset traits or affect compatibility? As someone who doesn't actually believe that stuff, I'd rather see traits and maybe added interests and tastes used for compatibility than some stories told about stars. But really, I'd prefer if it's just a bit noncontrollable by me - this is one area for a bit of "magic" in... sometimes opposites are compatible, sometimes similarities help, but sometimes it's just "chemistry" or none.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    AHeinAHein Posts: 46 Member
    Yeah, it was great! But I miss the preference in future partner more! That was sooo great, I think

tumblr_mww92shs3D1s6o0byo1_400.gif
  • Options
    AHein wrote: »
    Yeah, it was great! But I miss the preference in future partner more! That was sooo great, I think

I want turn ons and turn off too!!! :s
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,088 Member
    edited August 2016
    I'm not really concerned with how it is reintroduced but I would really like SOMETHING that makes sims different. I want couples that are not compatible to fight on their own and best friends that are not compatible to not be best friends. Right now everyone loves everyone else and even if you have an evil or mean sim they are still nice to their family. Anyone can woohoo with anybody they choose. No one is rock solid loyal to anyone else....

It's just lack of depth.

And no one can confess to cheating either! I mean, doesn't somebody feel guilty about this?
  • Options
    KatiardguezKatiardguez Posts: 640 Member
    I would like to see the Zodiac Signs, Wants & Fears, Turn Ons & Turn Off make a come back to the game because it will add more personality to the sims.
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,653 Member
    I liked the Zodiac especially in Sims 2 and I also miss likes and dislikes, wants and fears, and memories good and bad.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top