Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

was the game false advertizing

1235...Next

Comments

• Options
    PrincessSaturnPrincessSaturn Posts: 564 Member
    Gruffman wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9u1zMCos8w

You could say the same thing about any of the previous sims games as well. Where was the complaint about this? I want a refund for all the previous sims games I ever bought. We never had any gameplay like the video.

What! You mean we didn't get children swinging from the ceiling fans (I don't even think we got ceiling fans) and fire breathing babies!! What kinda false advertising is this!! The disappointment is real.

Though, that 'rip your shirt off' animation, we for sure had that right! That's a Sims thing- what, no? We didn't?? Oh... :(

This trailer is pretty funny though xD

Do you NOT know the difference between a concept trailer and gameplay?

Concept trailer = ^ THAT. It's supposed to illustrate that your Sims are able to age,marry, have babies, etc. It's not like EA claimed "In Sims 2 we focused on a strong base to fill your every wish, like swinging from a ceiling fan". Use some common sense.

The sarcasm just whiz by... I obviously know what a "concept trailer" is. I was poking fun at the fact that it could be seen as "false advertising" to some which was what the comment I replied to stipulated. Woosa~

Sarcasm doesn't translate well over text, hun. No quotation marks needed.
    ByondTime89ByondTime89 Posts: 1,505 Member
    edited August 2016

Sarcasm doesn't translate well over text, hun. No quotation marks needed.

Depends on the person really and I was directly quoting you ;)

Back to the topic at hand. Many companies over exaggerate their product to make it seem more appealing, I don't think that's a terrible thing but when the thing you pay for is a total 180 from what you actually get then it becomes a problem and the consumers may begin to distrust. That said, I don't think that Sims 4 was falsely advertised. Just like with their other games, they added more bells than we were initially getting at the start but it's not like the game is dead so more and more things will continue to be added whether through free updates or packs to hopefully make it what some were hoping for. They've said before this iteration is not going to follow the same "guidelines" or format as the previous ones and I think holding 4 up to 1, 2, or 3 is doing it a disservice and the same can be said for the reverse.
    Gallery & Origin ID: ByondTime89
  • Options
    ^ Work on your sarcasm, then?

You also can't say that a numbered game like the 4th in a series shouldn't be compared, the opposite should occur no matter what the devs try to say to save face. Their actions not following what they say/promise = Lol service, and you can fall for it but others and myself won't.

And of course I'm not going to compare Sims 1 to 3 in the same way, that would be completely ridiculous. But this wasn't marketed as a reboot, but a continuation (see the 4 in the title). Fans SHOULD hold the company to standards because these are already dropping and they paid money for something subpar and broken.
    YungGigiYungGigi Posts: 1,083 Member
    Probably. But it's too late to cry about it now.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    YungGigi wrote: »
    Probably. But it's too late to cry about it now.

That is what I was thinking.

The game came out two years ago so it is a bit to late to think that the advertising is misleading as all of that is finished with now that they are focusing on EPs, GPs and SPs rather than the base game itself
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    My sims 3 sims are smarter. And I have a stronger bond with them. They just seem to illicit more interest and empathy. I guess that I just like life simulation games more than "time management" games.
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    Bagoas77 wrote: »
    My sims 3 sims are smarter. And I have a stronger bond with them. They just seem to illicit more interest and empathy. I guess that I just like life simulation games more than "time management" games.

Amen to that, I just bought the Ambitions pack, waiting for it to come in, can not wait to load it in, :).
  • Options
    Arkster93Arkster93 Posts: 154 Member
    y'all remember how they all advertised with these "new" weird Sims & emotions? Lmao. The emotion system is broken and boring as plum. The wants & fears from Sims 2 worked much better. Besides, there are no random events. The sims aren't crazier, only more ridiculous with these silly walk animations, etc.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member

Amen to that, I just bought the Ambitions pack, waiting for it to come in, can not wait to load it in, :).

Ohhh I love Ambitions <3

My only gripe with that EP is that it's fairly bug riddled though, at least for me. I hope you won't experience that problem. But self-employment is the bomb, and that's what I love that EP for more than anything else haha.

Fav TS3 EP would be Supernatural though. I hope they'll give us that soon enough in TS4 :)
  • Options
    sweetface44sweetface44 Posts: 2,958 Member
    Arkster93 wrote: »
    y'all remember how they all advertised with these "new" weird Sims & emotions? Lmao. The emotion system is broken and boring as plum. The wants & fears from Sims 2 worked much better. Besides, there are no random events. The sims aren't crazier, only more ridiculous with these silly walk animations, etc.[/quote
    Yes I really hate how they laugh when they are sleep
  • Options
    SimTrippy wrote: »

Ohhh I love Ambitions <3

My only gripe with that EP is that it's fairly bug riddled though, at least for me. I hope you won't experience that problem. But self-employment is the bomb, and that's what I love that EP for more than anything else haha.

Fav TS3 EP would be Supernatural though. I hope they'll give us that soon enough in TS4 :)

Tired! Ambitions is SO. MUCH. FUN.
    I loved playingvthecstylist career so that could fix the ugly clothes that the townies had lol. But the self employment careers are lots of fun.

Supernatural love, yes!
    That's one of my favorite EPs, too. The witches are my favorite to play, but all of the supernaturals we're pretty fun and the GOTHIC style that DO brought was great

Ohhh I love Ambitions <3

So far I have gotten most of the packs for TS3, with no problems, so I hope none with Ambitions as well, Yup Supernaturals is My fave as well, I Luv Vamps,Werewolves, Pixies, Angels you name it, :).
  • Options
    I think that after all this time I am not going to say that The Sims 4 is not part of the franchise and such like others have been, But I am going to say that Being a Sims fan from Sims 1, I do feel like after all the money I paid them for every single pack thus far from all 4 series, that EA & Maxis could at least listen to what I have to say bout things, that is the least they could do.
  • Options
    Aesir26Aesir26 Posts: 304 Member

Ohhh I love Ambitions <3

Yeah, the Ambitions EP was pretty terrible where bugs were concerned. I was actually unable to play the firefighter career because every time the alarm would sound it would stop before the sim could get to either the truck or the location of the fire. I still enjoyed it overall but it was unfortunate that I couldn't play my favourite career.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Aesir26 wrote: »

Ohhh I love Ambitions <3

Yeah, the Ambitions EP was pretty terrible where bugs were concerned. I was actually unable to play the firefighter career because every time the alarm would sound it would stop before the sim could get to either the truck or the location of the fire. I still enjoyed it overall but it was unfortunate that I couldn't play my favourite career.
    I think that was the EP where EA/Maxis screwed up on the patch before release I forgot what the bugs did to the game.

Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    Moetard117Moetard117 Posts: 20 Member
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    Feels false to me wgen the sims aren't aware of anything around them. Isn't awareness a basis if intelligence? :/

If they aren't in tge same room as someone dying tgey don't care. In Sims 3 my simd got sad when their mom on another lot died.

Something tgat annoys me is how these sims don't even feel negative about unpainted walls, roofless rooms or dark rooms. Tgey are blissfully unaware and smile as long as there is enough decor on the walls. In sims 3 all those things effected my sim and no painting would make them happy above that and I loved it. I love that my toddler gets red moodlets from being in a dark room and that sims seem aware of each other. My sim's daughter was mad wgen he flirted with an ex but in sims 4 they woohoo in the sane room as kids with no embarrassment.

These smarter sims are somehow the dumbest sims we've ever had.

Man.... these are great points..... I forgot sims 3 did that! I miss sims 3! I used to love my immortalish vampire living in a big city, going to her balcony at night and getting cold. Now with bright sunny days all of the time, Im not sure what is the point of sweaters or a christmas tree. I used to follow my sims' lives... now all I do is focus on keeping it populated because they dont advance in any way without your approval!