Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How has your game playing changed since the transgender/cross dressing update?

Comments

• Options
    andriandri Posts: 16 Member
    The only issue I have right now after the unisex patch is the game generated tomboyish girl more often, overall, I think it is nice update although I don't use it much
  • Options
    I8PIKACHUI8PIKACHU Posts: 572 Member
    I haven't used it. I don't pay attention to the clothes.
    soul-glo.gif
    Let your soul shine through.
  • Options
    NShippudenFanNShippudenFan Posts: 3,825 Member
    @ByondTime89 Yes! I've had a couple of my female sims I think wear their husbands shirts to bed xD.
    LOVER of all things cosplay, anime, cats, Shadowhunters, and Sims 4!

Origin ID: Sims4Girl202

• Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    BabySquare wrote: »
    I've made a Bob Ross sim with the afro that was originally female only for some reason, and I've been able to make more tomboyish girls, but other than that I haven't done much with it either. I'm glad the options are there but they haven't affected my game much. Would've been better if you could check off Sims to be unable to get pregnant by aliens though.

Is your Bob Ross sim available on the gallery by any chance?

Yes, just search my name as a hashtag. :) I've got a female Bobbi Ross too that I made prior to the update.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    LaraNocturnalLaraNocturnal Posts: 74 Member
    I haven't used it yet, but I will. Multiple benefits, like not having to cheat on your partner or use mods for same sex pregnancy. All the unlocked styles. More ways for people in general to play.

But whether I use it or not, I like that it got included because I am ALL ABOUT OPTIONS BABY <3
  • Options
    YungGigiYungGigi Posts: 1,083 Member
    Feminine hair on male sims. That's literally it. I'm not here for the rest.
  • Options
    okesterokester Posts: 4,136 Member
    I love having more hair, makeup, accessory, and clothing options for both genders. I find I use a lot more of the female clothing for the males (not like dresses, usually, but tops, pants, and occasionally shoes). I also love having all of the makeup available so I use it to make my male Sims look a bit more natural (or unnatural, whichever the case). I've seen reports of townies wearing clothing of the opposite gender, but I haven't noticed it in my game, probably because I just don't pay much attention to townies xD All in all, I adore the change as it adds more variety and customization options.
    Origin ID: Okest3r_13 Check out my Sims 4 creations!
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    I only use it on my female sims to give them a bit boyish hairstyles. But thats it.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    WyrrenWyrren Posts: 724 Member
    I have plans to make the original 5 gundam pilots, and I'm so happy I'll be able to give Duo his braid!
    Origin ID: Wyrren
  • Options
    NShippudenFanNShippudenFan Posts: 3,825 Member
    @Wyrren Ah I love anime, obviously ;). That'd be cool to see! XD. I haven't seen that anime in a while, but I liked it! <3
    LOVER of all things cosplay, anime, cats, Shadowhunters, and Sims 4!

Origin ID: Sims4Girl202

• Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Not really just useless stuff in CAS I have to avoid.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    OxanaPihlajamaaOxanaPihlajamaa Posts: 153 Member
    I am happy that happened. Not that I needed it that much but before that I'd just dream about my female sim wearing some of the male's wardrobe pieces. So now I finally can play more "tomboy-ish" looking women :wink:
  • Options
    PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    edited August 2016
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Not really just useless stuff in CAS I have to avoid.

Clearly you don't play the game often because opposite gender stuff is hidden by default so nothing has really changed for those who don't use this feature.

Mainly I use it for the extra hair and clothing options. Some male clothes look great on female sims. They look more comfy and less skimpy than most females clothes in the game (why does everything have to be so tight and short? Not that I'm against it but I don't consider that everyday wear for most of my female sims except Nina Caliente).

I have also created some infertile sims, but I haven created a transgender sim yet
  • Options
    StilleWaterStilleWater Posts: 1,566 Member
    I just use it to have extra dressing for a certain look...like my noncommit sim that has a girlfriend that wants him to commit, she dresses like him, follows him everywhere. He always gets an negative look when she is wearing his clothes, his pj shirt, trousers and shirts.
    7FXGVZ1.jpg?1
  • Options
    LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    I will also add too. Because of the update, I was able to update my simself (See avatar) to a closer look of me IRL. I'm not transgender, but my body build is much more masculine. I realized this when I was playing about with the settings and was actually crying because it was so awesome being able to see a closer version of myself in a game that's become one of my top favorites.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • Options
    LunaNovaLunaNova Posts: 1,239 Member
    How important was that update for you?: On a personal level not really 'important' as CIS I've always been able to represent myself in the game but it was important to my belief that everyone should be accepted no matter what their sexuality or gender. I have a few friends who are transitioning at the moment and one (26 year old m-f who hasn't fully come out to their family yet) had a teary moment with me when they found out about it.

What are you able to do now that you were never able to do before?: Accurately create my friends, create stories I've always wanted.

What are your thoughts on the update? How has your game play/storytelling changed since?: A step in the right direction, I now roll dice when making a sim to determine If/when they transition etc. Iv'e always done it for gender and sexuality. Now I do a couple of new dice rolls to include the update stuff. I've tried to balance it to reflect what we see in the real world.

Are you able to relate to the game better now? It feels more realistic to me! so in a way yes.

How do you think more improvements such as this could be made to the game? I think it would be good to see the return of some kind of attraction system. I want to be able to have sims be born with a sexual preference (or non at all!) but have this as an optional feature people can turn off if it goes against their belief system or w/e just to be fair. Though I liked the way sims 2 implemented it. Sims where effectively fluid in the way preferences worked. The more you romantically interacted with a sim of the same sex/ opposite sex the more their preference would shift one way or another. Hot date let you check this I think? but i'm also not sure if thats a mod i added XD
    tumblr_ox7j4tmNjd1wqkiw6o1_1280.png
    //Sims Tumblr Here-MoonPhase Simblr//Berry Sims Here- MoonBerry Sims//
    Let me make you a cute forum avatar [Closed right noww!! will re-open closer to cats and dogs!] //
  • Options
    barraakenobarraakeno Posts: 489 Member
    Never used and I maybe never will.
    Brazilian guy here, so my English is not that good.

fB7mWIn.gif
    Spinning toilets confurm3d!!!!11!!1!1!!!!11!
  • Options
    Aesir26Aesir26 Posts: 304 Member
    It's not really a feature I've used yet but I've heard how important it's been to others so I'm glad that it's been implemented.
  • Options
    harveyjames7harveyjames7 Posts: 8 New Member
    It literally made no difference to my gaming. I'm happy this feature was introduced, i think it's great, but i've not used it for my games yet.
  • Options
    mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    edited August 2016
    @mirta000 You know you don't have to use the features, right?

the fallout that happened in the forums after update, how EA doesn't EVER want to touch more conservative features, how they only did this as an advertisement ploy to SJWs and how you couldn't comment on a single little piece of the patch without being called names was enough to make me not want to touch the game anymore.

To clarify I was looking forward to some clothing and haircuts being made unisex, however I felt uncomfortable with same sex pregnancies, but was completely shut down by moderators and forum goers alike, despite keeping my messages as respectful as I could.
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    Well, since I only play with females I was really happy to choose if they can pregnant or they can make others pregnant and it has made me a lot happier. No need for mods, no need to woohoo with a guy to be pregnant. So i'm very pleased ever since.
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    ZenoraZenora Posts: 63 Member
    edited August 2016
    I have not really played the game for story lately, I'm building things =D
  • Options
    sa1azsa1az Posts: 47 Member
    Its a huge step..
    Because of this patch . Im writing story now on ((wattpad app)) use sims4 screenshots and its about a drag queen who try to change the ldea that drag queen is an entertainment object.
    rbjwwn.jpg
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    It didn't at all, just have more CAS options some are nice, some look horrible on the crotch area and that's all I'm saying.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,915 Member
    My game play hasn't changed at all. I'm just happy to have more clothing and hair options for my female sims.