Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Premades stories

Hey fellow simmers! I wanted to start a discussion surrounding anything related to premade sims! What do you think of their stories? Do you wish premades from other iterations back? Have you created premades from other iterations? How did you develop the stories for the premades?

Personally, I loved premades since Sims 2, which in my opinion had the best background stories and just by opening a neighbourhood would make you interested in playing them! I was particularly fond of Strangetown. I have made the Curious brothers in my Sims 4 game and am playing with their three alien daughters. I can't wait for your responses!

Comments

• Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    Don Lothario, I have him in every game and make stories with him. I don't know why I like him so much. Stein Svard is another one, but in this story he has been killed by a jealous woman trying to kill Don.
  • Options
    xPaxionxPaxion Posts: 1,119 Member
    I've always enjoyed just watching my Sim live out his life with a little push in directions. He always gets into funny scenarios and creates stories for me to watch and enjoy.
  • Options
    LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    I used Don Lothario as well. I made him and Nina Caliente have a daughter Alina, who is just like him. They cheated on each other and broke up and shortly before he died of old age, he started an affair with Eliza Pancakes and had another daughter Stella.
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,167 Member
    edited August 2016
    I completely agree about the Sims 2 premades, they are the best! Their stories were very detailed and thought out (though of course there were sometimes some mistakes...), they've had their own family trees with their ancestors up to their grandparents (or sometimes even more), the memories were a big thing in their backstories and the Family Album was also great! :)
    I miss this level of detail in premade sims, but with TS4's limitations regarding the save's population and all that culling, it will probably not be possible in this iteration...

I used to love having sims from previous games return in newer games, but the whole 'alternate universe' thing going on with TS4 makes it much less exciting for me...
    Plus the premade sims on TS4 (at least of Willow Creek and Oasis Springs, not sure about Windenburg) don't even have any relationships outside of their households, so I find them mostly uninteresting... :|

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I've recreated many TS3 premade sims in TS4, link in my signature. :p
    Post edited by Omri147 on
  • Options
    PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    edited August 2016
    My favorites are The Sims 2 premades. Since CAS and build mode are what I enjoy the most about Ts4, I have recreated premades from Ts1 (who are basically the ancestors of TS2 premades) I'm currently in the process of recreating TS1 neighborhood (although it's hard given all the limitations in neighborhood customization...but at least both Willow Creek and Ts1 Old Town are set somewhere in New Orleans)

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
  • Options
    UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    @QDog I'm glad I'm not the only one that has recreated TS1 families and their homes...Your Goth Manor(first pic) is way better than mine though :p Really nice!
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
  • Options
    @QDog That is just amazing!!!
  • Options
    xPaxionxPaxion Posts: 1,119 Member
    QDog wrote: »

image.jpg

How did you take this picture?
  • Options
    xPaxion wrote: »
    QDog wrote: »

image.jpg

How did you take this picture?

Thanks everyone for the nice comments!

This picture was taken using Andrew's Poseplayer (available here: http://sims4studio.com/thread/2617/andrews-studio)
  • Options
    @QDog I'm glad I'm not the only one that has recreated TS1 families and their homes...Your Goth Manor(first pic) is way better than mine though :p Really nice!

Thanks! :) I think I downloaded the base from the gallery and then added a few extras here and there!
    I love Ts1 and Ts2 premades and its been actually pretty fun to recreate and update their homes and some of the community lots too!
  • Options
    I think what I am missing from the premades in Sims 3 and 4 is the whole drama and real story. The entire neighbourhoods evolved around the stories of the three main families in the neighbourhood. All of the stories, which you could read clicking on the household were well thought through and interesting. Then when playing a household, you could see corresponding memories, family trees and emotions that fit with their background stories. Furthermore, the game told you a little bit of what you could do next like Cassandra trying to marry Don Lothario and the game was designed for him to leave her at the altar. To me, those little starting points were amazing.

In Sims 4, the background stories seem less thought through. The relationships do not reflect the backstory provided and there is no kickstart in game play.

• Options
    QuiteIzzzyQuiteIzzzy Posts: 293 Member
    I loved premade sims from TS2. I had whole story about Goths, and how their family is connected with every other family in the game. I love Goths but I hate their house in TS4. It is so... I don't know. It is spooky enough but in the same time it isn't cosy as the house from TS1.

I adore the Caliente sisters, but in TS4 they are just ugly, so I gave them makeover straigth away. But their mother - Catrina - such a nice addition to the family.

I loved Burb family from TS1 and TS2 so I made them in TS4. Brad is a retired criminal, who dedicated his life to family and gardening, Tiffany has her own boutique, and Johnny is a detective, and he doesn't know his father past. I miss Tucker the dog though.

When "Get Together" expansion was released I was quite sure that I don't like those premade families. I tried to give them makeovers, but it just wouldn't work. But I gave them second chance and now I'm in love in Fyres family. Maaike Haas and Ulrike Faust are quite amusing, I adore Marcus Flex and his group, but I can't stand Munch family and their house. It's ulgy, and family is dull.

I'm not totally worthless, I can be used as a bad example.

Adorno Family from Rebuilding Worlds
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    The Sims 2 premades were awesome :) I do have the Pleasant family in pretty much all of my savegames (thanks to @ENolan who made a really nice TS4 version of them) but I haven't played them in TS4.

I did play the Pancakes family - you can find their story here, it's not entirely finished, but I should pick it up again in a few weeks.
    And I do have plans for the Landgraabs/Johnny Zest - but it'll be a while before I get to that.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    QuiteIzzzyQuiteIzzzy Posts: 293 Member
    @MDianaSanders I liked Landgraab family a lot, I think they have quite nice story behind. And Altos from TS3 as well. But in TS4 Johnny Zest is supposed to be related to Landgraabs. He is their disinherited son, who wanted to be a comedian against his parents will. But there is no connection between Johnny and Landgraabs in their family tree. Probably because TS4 had no family trees at the begining. So if you are planning to play those sims you have to fix it with codes.

I love sims stories, so I'm gonna check yours. Do you give makovers to your premade sims?
    I'm not totally worthless, I can be used as a bad example.

Adorno Family from Rebuilding Worlds
  • Options
    @QuiteIzzzy Well, it's not really neccessary to be connected in the family tree for story purposes, but I guess I could. In my story he isn't disinherited, but was given up as a baby and adopted by the Zests - he only later finds out he's related to the Landgraabs.
    As for the makeovers, I only gave Bob and Eliza different outfits at some point, but nothing really shocking. The Landgraabs I did give makeovers, but they may look different again when I actually start playing out the story.
  • Options
    UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    @QuiteIzzzy Well, it's not really neccessary to be connected in the family tree for story purposes, but I guess I could. In my story he isn't disinherited, but was given up as a baby and adopted by the Zests - he only later finds out he's related to the Landgraabs.
    As for the makeovers, I only gave Bob and Eliza different outfits at some point, but nothing really shocking. The Landgraabs I did give makeovers, but they may look different again when I actually start playing out the story.

Whoa! That's a twist! I never thought to have him be adopted by a Zest family...I just always had that he was disinherited and Zest was his stage name.
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
  • Options
    YungGigiYungGigi Posts: 1,083 Member
    Never cared for pre-mades. I deleted them. Haven't played with them since ts2. Don't miss them. I like creating my own sims.
  • Options
    LoveMeHateMeLoveMeHateMe Posts: 40 Member
    I play the Goths, BFFs and the Pancakes. Eliza recently cheated on Bob and so after much therapy they decided to start over in Oasis Springs. Bob is saving money to open is own restaurant, and his mother has moved in with them. Eliza will eventually die though after she's had a child or two. I really want to make a single dads club. For the Goths I may eventually kill Bella too. And the clock is ticking for Katarina Caliente!
  • Options
    imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    Love the premade sims in S2 and S3. I agree with everyone that they had more backstory and was connected to the neighborhood. I wish they took more care with the premades in S4. I ended up doing a lot of make-overs. I brought back a bunch of my favorites. I recreated them and used @Omri147 downloads. However, I do like the Landgraab family.

Currently: Daniel Pleasant had an affair with Nancy Landgraab. They got divorced. Mary-Sue had a one night stand with Don Lothario resulting in a boy, Thomas (who I aged up to teen). Mary-Sue's best friend is Jennifer Burb who Nancy Landgraab killed. Jennifer is now a tragic clown ghost. Mary and Nancy are always fighting.

Lilith is going to start dating Malcolm. Nancy is good friends with Lilith and still who hooing with Daniel. Lucy Burb is dating the charismatic Thomas Pleasant Lothario. Although Alexander is in love with Lucy and Thomas is also dating a bunch of other teen girls.

Johnny Zest has come back to the Landgraabs, and they have let him in with open arms. Unfortunately, he brought his hippie girlfriend Summer Holiday- who Nancy seems to hate.

other stuff is going on, (ex. I'm also redoing Strangetown and parts of Lucky Palms) but those are the highlights.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    I really like the Zest Johnny Zest addition to the Landgraab story this round. In one of my saves that I kept premades in, I made him an actual relative by blood and then cheated the relationships way low to fit the backstory. I haven't done much with that yet, but at least it's there as a thing! (And yes, still there, because I bash relationship changes on the head with mods.) (And yes, it's a bit of a whack-a-mole game.) I like this game's Goths too; I've always been hit or miss on them.

Last year I found some of the older premades recreated on the Gallery and added them to one of my saves, so I've got Newbies (and made them some kids) and Mrs. Crumplebottom. They're the ones I felt most "missing".

I really like some of the new premades, a lot! In another iteration of Sims, I'd especially like to see Bob Pancakes back, and some of the Windenburg Sims.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    I really like the Zest Johnny Zest addition to the Landgraab story this round. In one of my saves that I kept premades in, I made him an actual relative by blood and then cheated the relationships way low to fit the backstory. I haven't done much with that yet, but at least it's there as a thing! (And yes, still there, because I bash relationship changes on the head with mods.) (And yes, it's a bit of a whack-a-mole game.) I like this game's Goths too; I've always been hit or miss on them.
    (...)

How have I forgotten all about that? I remember it annoyed me to no end!

Where did you find the Newbies? I'd love to have them in one of my games.
  • Options
    That is amazing! I love reading what everybody has done with the premades!
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,167 Member
    I play the Goths, BFFs and the Pancakes. Eliza recently cheated on Bob and so after much therapy they decided to start over in Oasis Springs. Bob is saving money to open is own restaurant, and his mother has moved in with them. Eliza will eventually die though after she's had a child or two. I really want to make a single dads club. For the Goths I may eventually kill Bella too. And the clock is ticking for Katarina Caliente!
    Sometimes I plan stuff like that as well, it just makes stuff more interesting and different than playing happy families all the time... :p
    Though in TS4 it's really hard to kill off sims, even when you're trying to do so delibirately... :sweat_smile:
    imhappy wrote: »
    Love the premade sims in S2 and S3. I agree with everyone that they had more backstory and was connected to the neighborhood. I wish they took more care with the premades in S4. I ended up doing a lot of make-overs. I brought back a bunch of my favorites. I recreated them and used @Omri147 downloads. However, I do like the Landgraab family.

Currently: Daniel Pleasant had an affair with Nancy Landgraab. They got divorced. Mary-Sue had a one night stand with Don Lothario resulting in a boy, Thomas (who I aged up to teen). Mary-Sue's best friend is Jennifer Burb who Nancy Landgraab killed. Jennifer is now a tragic clown ghost. Mary and Nancy are always fighting.

Lilith is going to start dating Malcolm. Nancy is good friends with Lilith and still who hooing with Daniel. Lucy Burb is dating the charismatic Thomas Pleasant Lothario. Although Alexander is in love with Lucy and Thomas is also dating a bunch of other teen girls.

Johnny Zest has come back to the Landgraabs, and they have let him in with open arms. Unfortunately, he brought his hippie girlfriend Summer Holiday- who Nancy seems to hate.

other stuff is going on, (ex. I'm also redoing Strangetown and parts of Lucky Palms) but those are the highlights.

I'm always happy to hear that you like using my premade sims recreations! I would love to see some pictures of them in-game if you'd like. :)

And poor Jennifer! :fearful: She's one of my favorites in Pleasantview.

Lucy dating her uncle's ex-wife's son must be really awkward for the whole family... :p

• Options
    (...)

I'll check my Gallery faves and report back :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    (...)

I'll check my Gallery faves and report back :)

Found in my Library :) They're by SimifyMeCaptain and just called "Newbie". Tags are #Sims1 #Reddit #Remake. I haven't checked if they're still on the Gallery, though.