The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Premades stories

Comments

• Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,179 Member
    Thanks Luth, I'll see if I can find them :)
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    QuiteIzzzyQuiteIzzzy Posts: 293 Member
    @imhappy that's amazing. I love such soap-opera stories. I think premade sims are perfect to mess around a bit.
    In my game I've made Marcus Flex and Bob Pancakes brothers. Marcus went to Windenburg and met Jade Rosa. They had a romance, and Jade got pregnant. Jade gave birth to very lovely girl - Molly, but she wasn't ready to be a proper mother, so Marcus brought Molly to Willow Creek, and asked Bob and Eliza to take care of her. Bob and Eliza agreed, cause they couldn't have children on their own. Flex went back to Windenburg and started a romance with Siobhan Fyres. ;)

@Omri147 there is no such thing like 'awkward' in the Sims xD

@luthienrising I've made my own premade sims from TS2, because I wasn't happy with those I found in the Gallery. But perhaps I will look for some remade houses from TS1.
    I'm not totally worthless, I can be used as a bad example.

Adorno Family from Rebuilding Worlds
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,169 Member
    @QuiteIzzzy
    Tell that to sims who died of embarrassment. :D Though yeah, sims can be comfortable with the weirdest of stuff, like a sim's girlfriend suddenly being pregnant despite they haven't woohoo'd yet and the sim wouldn't suspect a thing... :p
  • Options
    @QuiteIzzzy I do have some TS1 houses in my Gallery catalog, and a bunch from TS2 as well, if you're interested. Most of them are my earlier builds so you'd have to scroll down a bit.
  • Options
    @MDianaSanders I've checked your Gallery and I've downloaded some houses. Thanks a lot! Now I feel sooo nostalgic.

• Options
    LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    Great creations @MDianaSanders
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    I really don't play with premades, I have only played with one and that was Darren Dreamer in sims 2, have never played with any since. Some how I am not interested in them. It is nice to have them in my game but my sims only talk to them once in awhile, I would rather play with the families I make.
  • Options
    I understand! It really depends on your gameplay. I play rotationally with all households so I love my premades!
  • Options
    elly001elly001 Posts: 61 Member
    I loved the premades in TS2, like others have said they all had really interesting backstories (or at least the ones that shipped with the base game did; I think they got a bit lazier with them with subsequent expansion packs.) For a time I was obsessed with the comings and goings of Strangetown, particularly the Curious brothers. I played that household for generations.

I haven't really played with the premades in TS3 though I do use them to marry into/breed with my legacy family. My founder sim got together with Don Lothario, moved him in, and had two children with him, though he was constantly unhappy and flirting with every woman he spoke with so their relationship got really low and in the end she had a one night stand with Johnny Zest and had twins with him! Now her oldest child has moved in with Alexander Goth. I'm still really getting used to the game as I couldn't play it for ages due to issues with my laptop but I might try and get to grips with some of the premade ones now I'm playing more often.
  • Options
    FallenPrinceFallenPrince Posts: 928 Member
    edited August 2016
    I think what I am missing from the premades in Sims 3 and 4 is the whole drama and real story. The entire neighbourhoods evolved around the stories of the three main families in the neighbourhood. All of the stories, which you could read clicking on the household were well thought through and interesting. Then when playing a household, you could see corresponding memories, family trees and emotions that fit with their background stories. Furthermore, the game told you a little bit of what you could do next like Cassandra trying to marry Don Lothario and the game was designed for him to leave her at the altar. To me, those little starting points were amazing.

In Sims 4, the background stories seem less thought through. The relationships do not reflect the backstory provided and there is no kickstart in game play.

This. I really miss this in TS4.Eliza and Bob Pancackes are supposed to have a tough marrige that is on the verge of a divorce, yet when you play as them, they start with normal relationship. Same with Morgan and her half-sister in Windenburg with the whole sibling rivalry storyline.
    I personally love the premades and agree that TS2 had the best ones. I really love Goths and Calientes in TS4. Nina is one of my fav sims ever. After getting GT, I fell in love with Morgan and Wolfgang.
    I always create my own sims with their storylines, but premades are always involved, with their storylines being parallel to mine. For example, my main sim, October, lives with her brother, Jack, who is married to her arch nemesis, Adelaide , who also lives with them. So, in their household, it's constant fighting. Does not help that the married coupe have twins together, so they are tied, plus my main sim's brother has been vodooed to obey his wife. Adelaide is best friends with Nina, who they are in one club with. Over at Nina's household, Dina attempts to seduce Mortimer, while Don cheats on Katrina with another of my sims. Meanwhile, October's parents are good friends with the Goths, who also have the storyline going on.
    Also- thank you for this thread. I hadn't played TS4 in almost 2 months, becaus the rotational culling made it almost unplayable. But this thread gave me inspiration to go back to the game!!!
    EDIT: I forgot to mention, I recreated the SMiths from Strangetown and their house in TS4.
  • Options
    ambrownambrown Posts: 804 Member
    my favorite was always the Broke family from TS2! I loved Brandi and her boys :)
    haven't put them in TS4 yet, have to look around in the gallery for them!
    i agree OP, i loved the premade storeies best in TS2, but even TS3 were good!
    now...i play with no premade sims, unless my sim is marrying one of them lol
    in TS3 i liked that girl, her last name was French, short hair, pale skin, not sure of her first name!
    you're ele-phantastic
  • Options
    imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    @FallenPrince I understand your frustration with culling. You really need to download a mod so it will stop. Mod is easy to download and doesn't mess up your game.
  • Options
    @FallenPrince I am so happy that you got inspired by this thread!! Hopefully, the developers see it and put a little more thought into premades. I mean the relationship bars can at least match the backstory. It wouldn't take a lot for them to cheat it to the level they want.
    Also, I agree with everything else you said! Relationship culling, but much more the relationship decay has made it hard to play rotationally. I personally did not experience any lag in the game. It was running more than smoothly, so putting in all these features just made the game less enjoyable, not smoother to me. I don't understand, why they couldn't just have given us the option to choose no relationship decay (the ones for inactive played households.
  • Options
    LoveMeHateMeLoveMeHateMe Posts: 40 Member
    @Omri147 I hate how it's so much harder to kill Sims now, but I enjoy the challenge. :) I miss the flies from TS2 though.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    @Omri147 I hate how it's so much harder to kill Sims now, but I enjoy the challenge. :) I miss the flies from TS2 though.

I miss the challenge of actually keeping the sims alive in the previous games...

Though the wishing well did add some unexpected consequences, when it wants to... :p
    06-11-16_7-02-44nbspPM_zpstxtx0lmf.png
    06-11-16_7-03-20nbspPM_zps8h6o2uft.png

Sorry of posting a bit Off Topic... :sweat_smile:
  • Options
    The wishing well is definitely a step into the right direction! More deviance is needed.
  • Options
    That's the only stuff pack I was super excited for! (it would have been the only one I bought, but some others were on sale)
  • Options
    I understand! It really depends on your gameplay. I play rotationally with all households so I love my premades!
    I do the same thing. I love to create my own sims with their backstories, but I like to involve the premades as well.

I always create my own sims with their storylines, but premades are always involved, with their storylines being parallel to mine. For example, my main sim, October, lives with her brother, Jack, who is married to her arch nemesis, Adelaide , who also lives with them. So, in their household, it's constant fighting. Does not help that the married coupe have twins together, so they are tied, plus my main sim's brother has been vodooed to obey his wife. Adelaide is best friends with Nina, who they are in one club with. Over at Nina's household, Dina attempts to seduce Mortimer, while Don cheats on Katrina with another of my sims. Meanwhile, October's parents are good friends with the Goths, who also have the storyline going on.

Very nice story! I love it ;)
    imhappy wrote: »
    @FallenPrince I understand your frustration with culling. You really need to download a mod so it will stop. Mod is easy to download and doesn't mess up your game.

I do not use any CC or mods, but this one is under my consideration a lot lately.

@Omri147 I didn't know, that wishing well can set a sim on fire.oO

• Options
    @QuiteIzzzy
    Sometimes when your sims wish for money, the well thinks they have enough, so it tries to kill them... :|
  • Options
    @QuiteIzzzy About the mods, I have felt like you for a long time too. I originally was going to give EA to improve the game with options until the release of EP3 before I installed MC Command Center. But as EP3 is taking a lot longer than I expected, I caved and got the mod - only three modules, but I'm so glad I did, may game is so much easier to manage and it has some useful amenities for story saves too (the ones you basically only play to stage particular screenshots).
  • Options
    @imhappy Yeah, i've been searching for a mod, but I am not an expert on them- I have never used them before.
    @LenaDieters11 I agree. I play a large set of sims and I don't want them loosing relationships I worked hard for. I agree- an choice in options would have been better.
    @QuiteIzzzy Thank you fro the compliment!
  • Options
    @fallenprince I think I looked at youtube video that showed me how to do it. I know nothing about computers, so if I can figure it out, I'm sure you can. If you want the MC Command, @egwarhammer is super helpful.
  • Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    imhappy wrote: »
    @fallenprince I think I looked at youtube video that showed me how to do it. I know nothing about computers, so if I can figure it out, I'm sure you can. If you want the MC Command, @egwarhammer is super helpful.

@imhappy Thanks for the tag & compliment. :)

Yeah, MC is "the" mod for me, I'll drop *any* of my dozen or so other files (mods/cc both, I'm modding super light these days, compared to the "long as my arm" list I used to run with) in a heartbeat, but I will not play Sims4 without MC installed. (Random testing, I'll do, but for PLAY, no, thanks.)

Anybody wanting to make the leap to playing with MC, anybody with questions, comments, tips, tricks, etc etc... come see us here:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/837115/need-help-with-mc-command-center-settings-ask-here#latest/

Because I'm not taking over this thread with my usual MC goodness wall of text stuff. ;)

• Options
    That is super helpful! Thank you @egwarhammer
  • Options
    @imhappy @egwarhammer Thank you both for this!