Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims in the gallery/library as chefs/etc

I heard that to hire a Sim, they have to be homeless. Is there a way to make a Sim saved to my library available to hire (and able to show up to bars and stuff) without placing them in a house then removing them? (I have no free houses to place them. If it's not possible I'll evict one of the other Sims and place then remove the Sims I want as NPCs but I just wanted to check first)
Tumblr
Add me on Origin: rubeelovegood

Comments

• Options
    LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    I think if you go under manage households and click new household, you can set one of your sims in your library up as one and not in your world? I haven't tried it yet as I've only just started exploring the managing side of restaurants. Hope that helped somehow.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • Options
    RubeeSimsRubeeSims Posts: 560 Member
    I think if you go under manage households and click new household, you can set one of your sims in your library up as one and not in your world? I haven't tried it yet as I've only just started exploring the managing side of restaurants. Hope that helped somehow.

This is embarassing seeing as I've being playing this game for 2 years but I've never been able to find "new household" under "manage households". Could you tell me where exactly that is? lol
    Tumblr
  • Options
    GageaGagea Posts: 1,277 Member
    edited August 2016
    RubeeSims wrote: »
    I heard that to hire a Sim, they have to be homeless. Is there a way to make a Sim saved to my library available to hire (and able to show up to bars and stuff) without placing them in a house then removing them? (I have no free houses to place them. If it's not possible I'll evict one of the other Sims and place then remove the Sims I want as NPCs but I just wanted to check first)

You'll need an empty lot: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/889921/tutorial-on-how-to-hire-your-own-sims-you-made-to-work-in-your-restaurant
  • Options
    HyeionHyeion Posts: 522 Member
    edited August 2016
    When you start the game on the Menu, create a sim, and move the one you want from the Library in the Sim's place. Then you can start the game with it, and when moving, press X to cancel, they will be in your Households Management. I don't know about the hire thing.. You can try to Mark it as Unplayed in Households after that.

Edit: It's in Played Households, Unmark the Green Plumbob, I believe.
    mfCdivN.gif

Origin ID: Hyeion
  • Options
    Hyeion wrote: »
    When you start the game on the Menu, create a sim, and move the one you want from the Library in the Sim's place. Then you can start the game with it, and when moving, press X to cancel, they will be in your Households Management. I don't know about the hire thing.. You can try to Mark it as Unplayed in Households after that.

Thank you :) I usually click the "create a household to move in" on empty lots but this does make a lot more sense.
    Tumblr
  • Options

This will help you: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/889921/tutorial-on-how-to-hire-your-own-sims-you-made-to-work-in-your-restaurant#latest

Thanks! :)
    Tumblr
  • Options
    HyeionHyeion Posts: 522 Member
    Hyeion wrote: »

Thank you :) I usually click the "create a household to move in" on empty lots but this does make a lot more sense.

Glad to help ♡ I do that X thingy alot, I always acumulate Sims in the Households Management.
    mfCdivN.gif

Origin ID: Hyeion