Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So what do you think of the new EP?

1235...Next

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Simpkin wrote: »
    what the title says.

http://ts4news.com/post/149087951377/the-third-expansion-pack-isdrum
    this is what I'm talking about

Well I hope it's bringing the slow dance back. This would be the perfect ep to do that./

Why? I live in the downtown of a big city. Pretty sure there's almost no slow dancing here, unless you're talking the first dance at someone's wedding. And by "almost no" I mean absolutely none, at all.

Because it s a nightlife ep it should include more dating related activities.

We don't know that it's a nightlife EP. "Living in the City" isn't a way of saying "Nightlife". Plus we already have bars, lounges, nightclubs, DJs, group dances, a dance skill... I feel like if they were going for "Nightlife" the name would be different.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Living In The City means life in the city. Or as another Simmer has put it on another thread, [City Life]. And that what it said in Portuguese, when I read about it on Simsvip.com. It was in Portuguese, and it read this [ Vida Na Cidade ]. In English, it reads [ Life The City ].
  • Options
    jude72plajude72pla Posts: 784 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »
    Living In The City means life in the city. Or as another Simmer has put it on another thread, [City Life]. And that what it said in Portuguese, when I read about it on Simsvip.com. It was in Portuguese, and it read this [ Vida Na Cidade ]. In English, it reads [ Life The City ].
    So the title in English would be "The City Life"?
  • Options
    JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    @catloverplayer I hope you get the romantic interactions you've been patiently waiting for soon :heart:
  • Options
    jude72pla wrote: »
    sunman502 wrote: »
    So the title in English would be "The City Life"?
    Pretty much! Or if one wishes, [ City Life ]. ;)<3

• Options
    lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member
    I've alwaysed loved the city there is just something about it like the big skyscrapers or being there at night when it lights up. Ea said the next one would be a new ep so city life fits since the ones that had a city scape were more about the nightlife then the actual cities themselves. I really can't wait to see more and I hope it gets an official announcement soon.
  • Options
    Country is pretty, but I miss living in the city. Despite all the noises that comes from the city's nightlife. There's a certain calming feeling that the nighttime in the city gives off. It's also a haunting feeling too.
  • Options
    mattgstlmattgstl Posts: 1,714 Member
    I will be interesting to see how they do the city world seeing as we only get roughly 5 lots per neighbourhood!! It will be quite difficult to make a big city feel with only a small useable area. One upside to this is they they could make some very distinct areas like an upscale area (Upper East Side) and a more grungy area (Harlem?). You could also have more culture based areas like China town! Tbh the possibilities are endless. Let's just hope that they make a convincing city. :/
  • Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    For all we know it might be all about commuting in pinstripe suits and bowler hats and working in investment banking. It might be all corporate office blocks that close at night, with the only nightlife being the rough sleepers trying to find dry doorways. As a VFX they can make a Salvation Army sandwich van that goes around.
  • Options
    YvesSaintLaurentYvesSaintLaurent Posts: 9 New Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    Oh my god.

If this is real, which it 99% is, I'll be so happy. I wanted a City World the most.

I just hope it's not like Late Night which had barely any gameplay. They will need to include some major gameplay. I don't want "Celebrities in The City"

I normally try to ignore your posts, but I had to laugh at this. Late Night had barely any gameplay?

- New World: Bridgeport
    - Vampires
    - New NPCs: Musicians, Celebrities, Bouncers, Butlers, Paparazzi
    - Penthouses, Apartments,
    - Curved Pools, Fountain Tools, Halfwalls (Patched to Base)
    - Muscle Definition Slider, Breast Size Slider (Patched to Base)
    - 8 Lifetime Rewards
    - Hot tubs, Elevators, Celebrity trailer (all WooHooable)
    - Bands
    - New Film career
    - Piano, Bass, Drum, Mixology skills
    - Bands
    - Subways
    - 2 New traits
    - New Radio station
    - NPC Parties
    - Bars, Clubs, Lounges
    - Group outings
    - Zodiac signs
    - New insects, metals to collect.

Come on.

Since we already have most of that in game I hope it's not modeled after Sims 3 Late Night.

For one, the celebrity system was bad. Really bad.

I couldn't agree more. The celebrity system please .. one sim in a family of 8 is lousy celev and alI of a sudden I am playing the bloody Kardashians ... :disappointed:
    loved the band idea, it would be nice to be able to use the microphone for sth else than comedy. I mean hello, even charisma possibly? And with this EP singing yes ... :smile:
  • Options
    honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    i'm wanting soooo much to come with this Expansion pack......cars,more romance interactions like slow dancing..apartments where you can have more then one household at the apartment....i'm hoping it's like TS2 apartments and New Radio station, celebrity system would be nice....oh and vampires....i really want vampires...so i can make my vampire's families.

i also think there should be some how to turn off the supernatural if you want to...sometimes there is toooo much supernatural...like TS3 was...the zombies would be everywhere...
  • Options
    HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    @mattgstl wrote: »
    I will be interesting to see how they do the city world seeing as we only get roughly 5 lots per neighbourhood!! It will be quite difficult to make a big city feel with only a small useable area. One upside to this is they they could make some very distinct areas like an upscale area (Upper East Side) and a more grungy area (Harlem?). You could also have more culture based areas like China town! Tbh the possibilities are endless. Let's just hope that they make a convincing city. :/

Nope, they're not restricted to 5 lots per neighborhood. In Windenburg, both the Old Town District and Countryside contained 8 lots and 6 lots respectively, so they can create bigger neighborhoods. They might even decide to fit more lots in for the city!
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    PuffyPuffy Posts: 393 Member
    edited August 2016
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    Oh my god.

If this is real, which it 99% is, I'll be so happy. I wanted a City World the most.

I just hope it's not like Late Night which had barely any gameplay. They will need to include some major gameplay. I don't want "Celebrities in The City"

I normally try to ignore your posts, but I had to laugh at this. Late Night had barely any gameplay?

- New World: Bridgeport
    - Vampires
    - New NPCs: Musicians, Celebrities, Bouncers, Butlers, Paparazzi
    - Penthouses, Apartments,
    - Curved Pools, Fountain Tools, Halfwalls (Patched to Base)
    - Muscle Definition Slider, Breast Size Slider (Patched to Base)
    - 8 Lifetime Rewards
    - Hot tubs, Elevators, Celebrity trailer (all WooHooable)
    - Bands
    - New Film career
    - Piano, Bass, Drum, Mixology skills
    - Bands
    - Subways
    - 2 New traits
    - New Radio station
    - NPC Parties
    - Bars, Clubs, Lounges
    - Group outings
    - Zodiac signs
    - New insects, metals to collect.

Come on.

I hope evething in this will happen again in EP3 city life , except one thing about apartment. Please make the apartment like sims 2. Please please please, i really need the neigbhor make by myself and visit them like the old days.

I have 100% confidence is true. Come on , this is 3rd EP. Do they expect our sims live in sub-urban forever? my sims stay there for almost two years. They need to move and meets some new friends. Perhaps,the neigbor next door is vampires
  • Options
    PuffyPuffy Posts: 393 Member
    @mattgstl wrote: »

Nope, they're not restricted to 5 lots per neighborhood. In Windenburg, both the Old Town District and Countryside contained 8 lots and 6 lots respectively, so they can create bigger neighborhoods. They might even decide to fit more lots in for the city!

Yes。 thats very true. They did it in sims 2 a decade ago,they would do this again.
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    what the title says.

Well I hope it's bringing the slow dance back. This would be the perfect ep to do that./

Why? I live in the downtown of a big city. Pretty sure there's almost no slow dancing here, unless you're talking the first dance at someone's wedding. And by "almost no" I mean absolutely none, at all.

We don't know that it's a nightlife EP. "Living in the City" isn't a way of saying "Nightlife". Plus we already have bars, lounges, nightclubs, DJs, group dances, a dance skill... I feel like if they were going for "Nightlife" the name would be different.

Speaking of which, given we already have what the "Night Life" expansions have traditionally added in each iteration, I wonder how they will make this iteration's city expansion different.

Hopefully there's large focus on the city itself, and still lots of new activities for all Sims to do, given every expansion pack so far, and now EP03, has focused primarily on young adult life.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    i'm wanting soooo much to come with this Expansion pack......cars,more romance interactions like slow dancing..apartments where you can have more then one household at the apartment....i'm hoping it's like TS2 apartments and New Radio station, celebrity system would be nice....oh and vampires....i really want vampires...so i can make my vampire's families.

i also think there should be some how to turn off the supernatural if you want to...sometimes there is toooo much supernatural...like TS3 was...the zombies would be everywhere...

I hope if we get elevators their playing music from TS1 like they did with TS3 Late Night.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    what the title says.

Speaking of which, given we already have what the "Night Life" expansions have traditionally added in each iteration, I wonder how they will make this iteration's city expansion different.

Hopefully there's large focus on the city itself, and still lots of new activities for all Sims to do, given every expansion pack so far, and now EP03, has focused primarily on young adult life.

Totally with you on this! I think that by putting bars and nightclubs and lounges in the base game, and using GT to enhance them, they've really left themselves more space to do much more with cities than Cities = Nightclubs. It has me looking forward to this one - I found the ones in Sims 2 and Sims 3 both frustrating. If they could take Sims 2-style apartment living and make something somehow really about the city not just about going out at night and various nightlife-related things, that would be epic. Well, for me it would be.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    mattgstl wrote: »
    Unless they do something differently when creating this city world. Five lots per neighborhood is all I think that we are going to get in this city world. But lets just hope that they do something different when creating this city world this time that will allow us to have more lots per neighborhood this time. ;)<3