Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What did they add in the august patch?

the update is currentlu loading, but what's in it?

Comments

• Options
    TrimothTrimoth Posts: 418 Member
  • Options
    simgamesimgame Posts: 538 Member
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited August 2016
    New Phone Colors
    Cp_1QzMVIAAPJYq.jpg
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    And they also fixed a bunch of hair and clothing tags and I think also a few clothing meshes - that's not specifically mentioned in the patch notes.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    DilaxerDilaxer Posts: 270 Member
    simgame wrote: »
    Omg I'm so dissapointed. I tought that they would add more things. And I never had any problems with 'the bugs they fixed' I really hoped that they would fix the dine out bugs... Apparently they do not care about that.... So dissapointed

I agree! :s
  • Options
    thesims3boythesims3boy Posts: 18,046 Member
    Omg I'm so dissapointed. I tought that they would add more things. And I never had any problems with 'the bugs they fixed' I really hoped that they would fix the dine out bugs... Apparently they do not care about that.... So dissapointed

:'(
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    O gosh :(
  • Options
    New Phone Colors
    Cp_1QzMVIAAPJYq.jpg

I hope I'm the only one that's dissapointed. Cause I do not care bout that new phone colors

Sorry but I'm very excited about the color options for phone covers.

I'm very glad that your happy with the new patch! I guess I'm just picky
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    I'm excited to try out the new phone skins, but I am disappointed more bugs weren't fixed. I hope more clothing meshes were fixed cause men's clothing on women looks horrible the way it is now. That is what I was most looking forward to getting fixed.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    ChelleJo wrote: »
    I'm excited to try out the new phone skins, but I am disappointed more bugs weren't fixed. I hope more clothing meshes were fixed cause men's clothing on women looks horrible the way it is now. That is what I was most looking forward to getting fixed.

Me too
  • Options
    fabemefabeme Posts: 830 Member
    Awww no bug that I've been encountered have been corrected...and for those bugs that were, never had any for them. As for the phone customization, I find it really nice, but my greatest wishe would have been that we could throw these phone and buy one when we ready want one... and hate these pop us always showing up.
    Sims 3 and Origin Username: fabeme
  • Options
    HannieHannie Posts: 608 Member
    I like the coloroptions for phones, and I'm glad that they fixed the invisible child bug, wich was the only one actually bugging me.
  • Options
    fabeme wrote: »
    Awww no bug that I've been encountered have been corrected...and for those bugs that were, never had any for them. As for the phone customization, I find it really nice, but my greatest wishe would have been that we could throw these phone and buy one when we ready want one... and hate these pop us always showing up.

I didn't had any of those bugs either :(
  • Options
    Hannie wrote: »
    I like the coloroptions for phones, and I'm glad that they fixed the invisible child bug, wich was the only one actually bugging me.

I'm very glad for you
  • Options
    TheSimerTheSimer Posts: 1,007 Member
    I really love them. They add to the personality of the sims.
    L2uqC4r.png?1
    They also added the backyard stuff trailer song
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Small patch, but wasn't expecting anything major. I'd rather they devote resources to EP3.

Sounds like there were some fixes in clothing meshes:
    • We have, to speak plainly, adjusted the weighting and deformation maps for several Create a Sim assets in order to correct for holes, odd angles, and other visual oddities.
    • We addressed an issue with necklaces clipping into the neck when worn with shirts that were tagged as masculine.

I like that the frog fountain sound was restored (that'll make @catloverplayer happy), and the invisible kids issue when searching in the trash for discarded toys; I'd been leery of letting my kids jump in the trash can till that was solved, but now they can go out and search for the cards.

A lot of players were disappointed that customizable cell phone skins were cut from Get Together, so having them in a patch for everyone is a nice little bonus.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    ChelleJo wrote: »

Like I said, I think some of them were fixed, but not really a lot. It could also be that they mainly fixed female clothes on male Sims - or that it's just retagging - I had a lot of CAS items highlighted so something was changed about them.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    TheSimer wrote: »
    I really love them. They add to the personality of the sims.
    L2uqC4r.png?1
    They also added the backyard stuff trailer song

I must admit that it looks great but it's not something that makes the game more fun, and I would like something that would make the game more fun since I'm simply bored
  • Options
    Small patch, but wasn't expecting anything major. I'd rather they devote resources to EP3.

Sounds like there were some fixes in clothing meshes:
    • We have, to speak plainly, adjusted the weighting and deformation maps for several Create a Sim assets in order to correct for holes, odd angles, and other visual oddities.
    • We addressed an issue with necklaces clipping into the neck when worn with shirts that were tagged as masculine.

I like that the frog fountain sound was restored (that'll make @catloverplayer happy), and the invisible kids issue when searching in the trash for discarded toys; I'd been leery of letting my kids jump in the trash can till that was solved, but now they can go out and search for the cards.

A lot of players were disappointed that customizable cell phone skins were cut from Get Together, so having them in a patch for everyone is a nice little bonus.

The frog sound is pretty cool
  • Options
    MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member
    Wasn't expecting much and wasn't disappointed. I'm glad they fixed the disappearing kid glitch and some of the CAS tags. Don't really care about the cell phone colors, I never really pay that close attention to the phones.
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    The new phone colors are really fun. It even changes the color of your incoming messages (direct your attention to the bottom left of the screen):

08-16-16_7-48-54nbspPM_zpsndaptc9c.png
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    MocaJava wrote: »
    Wasn't expecting much and wasn't disappointed. I'm glad they fixed the disappearing kid glitch and some of the CAS tags. Don't really care about the cell phone colors, I never really pay that close attention to the phones.

Yeah me to but my sims don't have kids so I didn't had that glitch still happy for those of you who had it that it's fixed now :)