Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »
    I´m personally glad that they didn´t do that because I didn´t play TS3 much as I did not like the appearance of the Sims themselves.
    That's one thing they've done well, IMO, with TS4 - the appearance of the sims. They look and move a lot better than they did in TS3.
  • Options
    LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    The sims are nice looking and it is the first game, where I feel all my sims look different.

About the computer debate. Not all simmers have bought a new computer for Sims 3 and many had issues with sims 3. While I think they did not have to cut down so much and could have found different ways, I believe it was good to make the game playable on more computers. I only play sims sinceI was a kid and therefore buying a gaming computer would be ridiculous for me. I was sad that I couldn't play sims 3 really as it was a mess on my computer (which wasn't even old). I did not have any issues with Sims 1 or 2....Sims 4 again...no issues (I personally did not have issues before relationship decay and therefore hope they get rid of that!).
  • Options
    The sims are nice looking and it is the first game, where I feel all my sims look different.
    Yes, I would agree with that. Before TS4 came along, I would always keep all the sims wearing certain clothes and hairstyles because that was the way I could tell them apart :D
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Yes, I would agree with that. Before TS4 came along, I would always keep all the sims wearing certain clothes and hairstyles because that was the way I could tell them apart :D

That's what I do in TS3 as well lol

Some hair styles are reserved for some Sims and never used on others :smile:

It is just a shame that had they put more effort into everything like they did with TS4's CAS then the same could have been really good.

The TS4 CAS is it's best feature by far but is sadly, one of the only major features worth mentioning.

:disappointed:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    Hi all! Missed you all while I was on Holiday at the beach with my family. :) Had a wonderful time and it's great to be back home.

Something I wanted to mention about culling that reminded me of a problem that occurred when Sims 2 released University back in the day. I remember that the game would spawn new students every time the game started or your visited a different lot. It was uncontrollable spawning. it was fixed with a patch, but it did take them a while to figure it out.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • Options
    @Tremayne4260 I saw that twice in TS2.

Once not long after the game came out the game spawned a ridiculous amount of gardeners so much so the game actually crashed and the house hold in question became corrupted and would crash each time it opened.

The second time that bug returned after Bon Voyage came out and again caused crashes but was later fixed again.

I have never seen this happen in TS3 though so NPC spawning can easily be maintained so that alone shouldn't be an excuse for culling.
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Howdy peeps, I hope your weekends have been great.

At last, I am all set up and ready to go with my hoods and families! I have 5 families to play per hood, not including Magnolia whats-its-face, so that is 20 families to look after. And 20 scrapbooks to do! (I am making each family a scrapbook of facts, pics and story in an app called Book Creator). It's all totally organised, backed up onto my external hard-drive and just waiting for me to start...

I don't know which family to play first :D

I have tried to make them as different as possible, in looks and characters, but it has been a little restricted with choices. And I have SO missed the option of an extra life stage to make some of the families more variable. Sigh. But never mind. Let's see if I can enjoy this game for a long, long time. And let's hope I'm not back next week saying I'm bored already lol.
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    edited August 2016

At last, I am all set up and ready to go with my hoods and families! I have 5 families to play per hood, not including Magnolia whats-its-face, so that is 20 families to look after. And 20 scrapbooks to do! (I am making each family a scrapbook of facts, pics and story in an app called Book Creator). It's all totally organised, backed up onto my external hard-drive and just waiting for me to start...

I have tried to make them as different as possible, in looks and characters, but it has been a little restricted with choices. And I have SO missed the option of an extra life stage to make some of the families more variable. Sigh. But never mind. Let's see if I can enjoy this game for a long, long time. And let's hope I'm not back next week saying I'm bored already lol.

I really can't help but feel you force yourself to play it. Do you honestly enjoy it at all? The sentence I bolded just gives me the impression that you know, deep down, it's just going to disappoint you because you can't really play the way you want.

Please don't take offence because I'm not judging and I don't mean any. I just honestly can't wrap my head around why somebody would find a product that continues to disappoint them. It's kinda like putting your hand into fire even though you know it's going to burn you, you know?

--T

ETA: and don't feel that you have to explain yourself to me, I am honestly curious. Nothing more.
  • Options
    linesalinesa Posts: 426 Member
    edited August 2016
    Hi ^^
    I hope you're all okay :smiley:

I'm starting to think to resume my Rainbowcy later, I'm still rediscovering the game and I also think of creating a world with the CAW XD
    Post edited by linesa on
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member

Weekend has been good. Oh wow, that's awesome you set up your hoods already. I hope you share pictures. Enjoy it and have fun. Feel free to play whatever iteration you want. I love how sparkfairy has promoted that in this thread, freedom of choice. Why this thread is an oasis from the rest of forums. I'm taking a break from forums to prepare for real life events. I'll be out of town anyways soon and going to see Coldplay in concert with my future sister-in-law. I hope that things continue to go well for you too. Bye for now.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    To7m wrote: »

I really can't help but feel you force yourself to play it. Do you honestly enjoy it at all? The sentence I bolded just gives me the impression that you know, deep down, it's just going to disappoint you because you can't really play the way you want.

Please don't take offence because I'm not judging and I don't mean any. I just honestly can't wrap my head around why somebody would find a product that continues to disappoint them. It's kinda like putting your hand into fire even though you know it's going to burn you, you know?

--T

ETA: and don't feel that you have to explain yourself to me, I am honestly curious. Nothing more.

I actually had to chuckle at that part but I don't want to sound offensive either but it does seem that a few players get burnt by TS4.
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    No offence taken, I'm in a laid back mood today lol. At the moment I am really excited about getting my game going. I have tried the past games recently and can't enjoy them right now, so I am really looking forward to playing this rotational game. I don't see why I would get burnt, I know what the game is like and I have set up a mod to stop culling and relationship decay.

Thank you @Scobre - I will share pics (probably too many ha ha). I hope you have an awesome time at the concert <3 I am hopefully having a double celebration this week, fingers crossed. It will be my birthday tomorrow and my youngest also gets his A level results this week. Hoping so much he gets what he wants...
  • Options
    No offence taken, I'm in a laid back mood today lol. At the moment I am really excited about getting my game going. I have tried the past games recently and can't enjoy them right now, so I am really looking forward to playing this rotational game. I don't see why I would get burnt, I know what the game is like and I have set up a mod to stop culling and relationship decay.

Thank you @Scobre - I will share pics (probably too many ha ha). I hope you have an awesome time at the concert <3 I am hopefully having a double celebration this week, fingers crossed. It will be my birthday tomorrow and my youngest also gets his A level results this week. Hoping so much he gets what he wants...

It is a shame that you have to resort to a mod to prevent something that shouldn't really be in the game anyway where as in TS3 some mods were useful for minor performance issues which really doesn't effect everyone anyway
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    It is a shame that you have to resort to a mod to prevent something that shouldn't really be in the game anyway where as in TS3 some mods were useful for minor performance issues which really doesn't effect everyone anyway
    Yes, it is a shame. But I guess I am used to that now since I was forced to mod TS3 too to make it playable. Unfortunately, things like a mass build up of cars, sims getting stuck in places, routing issues etc all meant that I could not play without mods.

The games all have their good and bad points and none of them are perfect. At the moment, TS4 is the game I am getting most enjoyment from and that is all that counts for me. So happy simming, I am off to sleep now.
  • Options
    Yes, it is a shame. But I guess I am used to that now since I was forced to mod TS3 too to make it playable. Unfortunately, things like a mass build up of cars, sims getting stuck in places, routing issues etc all meant that I could not play without mods.

The games all have their good and bad points and none of them are perfect. At the moment, TS4 is the game I am getting most enjoyment from and that is all that counts for me. So happy simming, I am off to sleep now.

Most of the car issues where sorted out in TS3 long ago.

I still have Overwatch in my game it the amount of cars it removes now is nothing compared to a few years ago
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Edit: Never mind, I'm outta here.
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member

But how long does that enjoyment last for? According to your own comment apparently not very long... Idk, I don't mean to pry, I'm just trying to look at the situation from a logical perspective, and it seems that a lot of people continue to play yet their hearts just aren't in it. Like, for me, the idea of culling just kills everything I enjoy about it. Everything. I'm not willing to overlook that a game might erase everything I've worked on. That even being a possibility is enough to make me not want to touch it. And no, I'm not going to use a mod to 'band aid' the problem. EA need to fix it.

I would say though that TS2 is very much a perfect Life Simulation game. Sure, we were blessed with the ability to be able to customise EVERYTHING if we wanted in TS3 (CASt), but I wouldn't say that was an essential thing to have. I'm more interested in the depth of my sims and their stories, their lives. Not if their socks match the curtains.

Anyway, I'll leave this here as it's probably not a subject appropriate for the forums or this thread and I don't want to derail it. I'm just trying to be honest on what I see going on.

--T
  • Options
    clover24clover24 Posts: 887 Member
    Have fun with your game @elanorbreton if you get the time some pics will be nice :)
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    To7m wrote: »

But how long does that enjoyment last for? According to your own comment apparently not very long... Idk, I don't mean to pry, I'm just trying to look at the situation from a logical perspective, and it seems that a lot of people continue to play yet their hearts just aren't in it. Like, for me, the idea of culling just kills everything I enjoy about it. Everything. I'm not willing to overlook that a game might erase everything I've worked on. That even being a possibility is enough to make me not want to touch it. And no, I'm not going to use a mod to 'band aid' the problem. EA need to fix it.

I would say though that TS2 is very much a perfect Life Simulation game. Sure, we were blessed with the ability to be able to customise EVERYTHING if we wanted in TS3 (CASt), but I wouldn't say that was an essential thing to have. I'm more interested in the depth of my sims and their stories, their lives. Not if their socks match the curtains.

Anyway, I'll leave this here as it's probably not a subject appropriate for the forums or this thread and I don't want to derail it. I'm just trying to be honest on what I see going on.

--T

@To7m everyone has their own tolerance levels. The sims is so precious to all of us that for some like you the situation doesn't cater enough to your play style and enjoyment so on balance it's clearly not entertaining. But that's not the case across the board and if anyone chooses to use mods to 'band aid' a problem with the game that's not a 'bad' thing-it's just attempting to make the situation better in the here and now for their game. You know I think EA should fix it and I'm sure most people would prefer that the answer came from EA rather than a third party.

@elanorbreton gets sufficient entertainment to play for a while-and good for her. I wish that on balance I could too. Obviously on balance there is enough there for her to enjoy it for however long or however that looks for her personal style.

I understand you're attempting to understand why others enjoy where you can't possibly. But I can see that it starts to become tiresome for those who love the game to try to explain when what they say isn't getting across well when you have had such a bad experience. Same as it's tiresome for those of us who have a bad experience to feel like we have to constantly justify our own feelings to others. Fact is-it is as it is. That's all there is to it. You either have enough in game to cater to your enjoyment or you don't. It's not anyone's fault and there's no 'wrong' way to play so it's not surprising really that even within the same play styles we have such difference in subjective experiences.
  • Options
    clover24 wrote: »
    Have fun with your game @elanorbreton if you get the time some pics will be nice :)
    Thank you @clover - but I'm thinking that perhaps, after all, this thread is not the place to share pics of TS4 game play - family related or not. I can see now why @Gruffman disappeared from here.

This is the one place I thought I could freely talk about my enjoyment of the game without being judged or having to justify myself, or argue, or explain the strange fact that, YES, I do in fact enjoy playing TS4 - as horrifying and ridiculous and unbelievable as that may seem to some.

My comment about becoming bored in a week was just a joke, a flippant remark made to be funny. I do not expect to return in a weeks time feeling bored out of my brain, and with this sort of 'welcome' I may not return at all.
  • Options
    MrHawkMrHawk Posts: 4,345 Member
    Thank you @clover - but I'm thinking that perhaps, after all, this thread is not the place to share pics of TS4 game play - family related or not. I can see now why @Gruffman disappeared from here.

This is the one place I thought I could freely talk about my enjoyment of the game without being judged or having to justify myself, or argue, or explain the strange fact that, YES, I do in fact enjoy playing TS4 - as horrifying and ridiculous and unbelievable as that may seem to some.

My comment about becoming bored in a week was just a joke, a flippant remark made to be funny. I do not expect to return in a weeks time feeling bored out of my brain, and with this sort of 'welcome' I may not return at all.

More power to you for enjoying it. I hope you continue to have a blast. Honestly, I. think it's nothing more than the dissatisfaction reaching its boiling point. It's a shame it's caused negativity for you.

Also, beware of flippant remarks. The mods seem to have lost much of their feels today. :expressionless: As I just discovered.
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    @elanorbreton please don't allow it to put you off. It is not representative of the entire thread. I understand you've felt offended but I want to remind you that there are people who care about you and would be sad to see you leave. I don't want the rest of us to miss out on your company!

Noone should ever feel they should have to justify themselves for how they enjoy playing. End of story. It's always been the way we work here-everyone is appreciated for their personal input. If we only had one style of player here then things would get very boring ;) sending love.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    DaisiesDayDaisiesDay Posts: 913 Member

@elanorbreton please don't stop posting. I don't often play the Sims 4, but I enjoy looking at the pictures from those who are enjoying "family play" in the game. I'm glad that some are enjoying that aspect of gameplay and still trying to get improvements made. I know most on this thread enjoy looking at the pictures and reading about the families. The thread just won't be the same if you stop sharing your thoughts and gameplay too.
  • Options

You should t have to leave a thread just because you like TS4.

I post in the 'what have you done in your game today?' Thread in the TS3 GD and we sometimes have TS4 pics and no one gets offended :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top