Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

delete please

Le0nard1963Le0nard1963 Posts: 264 Member
Cancelled
Post edited by Le0nard1963 on

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    How do stuff packs hurt the future of the game? We had stuff packs for Sims 2 and 3, for twice the price, usually without even gameplay objects. Yet somehow those iterations of Sims survived. Not seeing at all how stuff packs would somehow be fine for those but not - at half the cost and with new gameplay - these aren't.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    BEATRAULBEATRAUL Posts: 11 New Member
    More than ''No Stuff Pack'' , Better Stuff Packs.
  • Options
    jessathemessajessathemessa Posts: 2,342 Member
    I like stuff packs.
  • Options
    Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    edited August 2016
    I like Stuff Packs too...

EDIT: But if you don't that's cool- just don't buy it and if enough people don't buy it they'll stop making it.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Sorry, I cannot sign as I like stuff packs. Good luck with your petition though.
  • Options
    sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I like the stuff packs. The last 2 have been especially good, imo.
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I like the stuff packs too.

Don't like them? Don't buy them. Let the free market determine their fate. B)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    The stuff packs do not influence the game packs or expansion packs. They have explained a couple of times that there are completely different teams working on the different types of packs. So cancelling the stuff packs would not change anything about the expansion release times.

We all want to see more expansions come out, and at a faster rate, I'm sure. But many people enjoy the stuff packs while we wait. I like them because they add more bits of selections and small themes, and people don't have to buy them all, they can pick and choose the ones that work for them.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    PapayaPancakePapayaPancake Posts: 867 Member
    If you don't like it, don't buy it. I think the majority likes stuff packs, it keeps things interesting between game packs and expansions.
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @LiELF wrote: »
    The stuff packs do not influence the game packs or expansion packs. They have explained a couple of times that there are completely different teams working on the different types of packs. So cancelling the stuff packs would not change anything about the expansion release times.

We all want to see more expansions come out, and at a faster rate, I'm sure. But many people enjoy the stuff packs while we wait. I like them because they add more bits of selections and small themes, and people don't have to buy them all, they can pick and choose the ones that work for them.

Exactly.

If we had no Stuff Packs this year, we still would have only got Dine Out and that's it. We wouldn't have had EP3 yet.
  • Options
    LiELF wrote: »

I passed on Spooky Stuff when it was originally released, then picked it up on sale; since I do use some of the Build Mode objects from the pack (the wood floor and one of the wallpapers, for the most part), I was glad I got it at a good price. And maybe down the road it would make sense to go back and buy a pack you passed on originally -- maybe you're mainly playing single Sims now so Kids Room wouldn't make sense, but later on if you start playing families you might want to get it then.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    So far stuff packs have only added non-essential/luxury gameplay items. They don't put in anything your sims actually need, just optional extra activities (or in the case of the wishing well/drinks trays etc) easier/alternate ways of doing things already in the game.

So they don't interfere with the other packs at all.

E.G.

Spooky Stuff doesn't take away from a Seasons EP. They could choose a different fall/autumnal holiday (if Seasons includes holidays at all) such as a harvest festival (such as Thanksgiving/Oktoberfest) as well as expanding the Halloween theme further with spookier/creepier/gothic décor/lots/events etc.

You can serve food/drink at parties without needing Luxury Party and no sim needs a hot tub to survive. They are luxury extras or alternate ways of doing things. That is all.
  • Options
    Le0nard1963Le0nard1963 Posts: 264 Member
    Sorry i cancel the petition and ask to close the topic
  • Options
    amaholusamaholus Posts: 423 Member
    Personally, I wouldn't mind having stuff packs released more often
  • Options
    Good for you. Cheers! B)
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    Where's the other petition, "more stuff packs please"?

I'd totally sign that.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    edited August 2016
    Forget it.
    Apparently opinions like mine are unwelcome. :/

Post edited by LatteCrab on
  • Options
    poisonedsodapoppoisonedsodapop Posts: 1,179 Member
    Yeah sorry I don't agree. I didn't like TS3 store but I enjoy the stuff packs for TS4. If I had a complaint about content it'd be that we need more big content rather than stuff packs. But the stuff packs themselves are fine and probably easier to produce.
    Hoping some day for some toddlers. But also dreading they'll never come. JK THEY ARE HERE!
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited August 2016
    Cancelled

I hope you don't delete your thread. I don't know what you wrote but I bet I agree. So, if it was a petition,

Signed.

This thread is a good case in point how you can't even make a petition thread here without people rushing in to defend. Never fails and why this place is going to the dogs, as in dead as doornails and people leaving by the bucket loads. But enjoy those stuff packs when EPs should be the focus.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    Personally I would sign, since I want them to fully focus on Game packs and Expansion packs, sorry i'm just not into stuff. I can download cc and i'll be happy aswell since it's free. I'd rather want good actual gameplay that makes my game bigger. I'm not interested in extra tables.
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    IfreshyehIfreshyeh Posts: 1,403 Member
    edited August 2016
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Cancelled

I hope you don't delete your thread. I don't know what you wrote but I bet I agree. So, if it was a petition,

Signed.

This thread is a good case in point how you can't even make a petition thread here without people rushing in to defend. Never fails and why this place is going to the dogs, as in dead as doornails and people leaving by the bucket loads. But enjoy those stuff packs when EPs should be the focus.

WxZMg.gif

@PapayaPancake I don't think the "majority" like stuff packs.
  • Options
    Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    Sorry i cancel the petition and ask to close the topic

I don't think there's any reason to apologize or cancel your petition. Just because I and others here have an opinion to the contrary doesn't mean you can't have yours. If you want to try and sway people to your point of view by opening a topic and starting a petition, then that's good. Keep with it. A half dozen opinions to the contrary does not a consensus make. Re-open your petition and see how it goes BUT remember, don't buy what you don't agree with, it'll work far better and fast than a petition- lol.
  • Options
    LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    edited August 2016
    Forget it.
    My kind of opinion not welcome here. :(:/
    Post edited by LatteCrab on
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited August 2016
    Why are people commenting "I like SP's" and then giving 10000 reasons as to "why I like SP's" it makes no sense, the point of the thread was to "promote" someone's petition. Like are you that afraid that SP's might stop? Pathetic. The passiveness agressiveness in this thread is literally of the charts.

mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Why are people commenting "I like SP's" and then giving 10000 reasons as to "why I like SP's" it makes no sense, the point of the thread was to "promote" not the right word but you know what I mean, someone's petition. Like are you that afraid that SP's might stop? Pathetic. The passiveness agressiveness in this thread is literally of the charts.

This is not a site limited to saying what we don't like about the game. Saying that we like something is no more passive aggressive than saying what we don't like is. As for your second sentence re. it's to promote someone's petition, have you jumped in on the people opposing, say, the co-op mode petition in the Ideas Corner? That one is full of opinion against the petition. I presume that's not okay either?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top