Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pregnancy in Sims 4

LexaWaltLexaWalt Posts: 1 New Member
I think it would be great if we could add different interactions with sims while they are pregnant. For example having a longer pregnancy and have check ups for the baby. Or getting an ultrasound (still using the same machine in the hospital as when having the baby). Then you could hang it up in the nursery along with the birth certificate.

Different interactions for other sims would be "talk about baby names"(and a name would pop up in notifications) and anything else you guys think we should have added!

Comments

• Options
    Linabelina360Linabelina360 Posts: 362 Member
    That sounds pretty cool. I would love it of they added that to the game.
    tumblr_n9ycvbU66h1tv6zypo1_500.gif
    The heart can't beat with out a rhythm
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    baby beds and swings and rattles
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    and new hats and clothing for baby's to
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    cookiesimmerrrcookiesimmerrr Posts: 159 Member
    LOVE the idea of ultrasounds!
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    LexaWalt wrote: »
    I think it would be great if we could add different interactions with sims while they are pregnant. For example having a longer pregnancy and have check ups for the baby. Or getting an ultrasound (still using the same machine in the hospital as when having the baby). Then you could hang it up in the nursery along with the birth certificate.

Different interactions for other sims would be "talk about baby names"(and a name would pop up in notifications) and anything else you guys think we should have added!

Not everyone is baby crazy.
    2 day pregnancies in game would be more than long enough. And I age the babies up asap, cos they are little bundles of dull.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,759 Member
    Movotti wrote: »

2 day pregnancies in game would be more than long enough. And I age the babies up asap, cos they are little bundles of dull.

you mean 3 day pregancies
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    MadameLee wrote: »
    Movotti wrote: »

you mean 3 day pregancies

I mean that they should't be 3 days, 2 would be more than enough.
  • Options
    TarruviTarruvi Posts: 1,227 Member
    edited July 2016
    There isn't a "talk to baby" interaction(while a sim is pregnant), so that could be added.

Oh, and "Sing Lullaby to baby" would be cute. :P
  • Options
    dg51829dg51829 Posts: 300 Member
    I'd love a find out baby gender interaction.
  • Options
    gmomasuegmomasue Posts: 648 Member
    I love if they free babies from the crib .
  • Options
    TarruviTarruvi Posts: 1,227 Member
    dg51829 wrote: »
    I'd love a find out baby gender interaction.

If you have Get To Work installed, you can ask a Doctor what gender the baby will be.
  • Options
    emeraldirish88emeraldirish88 Posts: 29 Member
    I'd love it when they can go to a hospital or clinic and had an ultrasound to find out the baby/babies genders
  • Options
    TLEE75TLEE75 Posts: 65 Member
    gmomasue wrote: »
    I love if they free babies from the crib .

I love in the sims 2 that toddlers and babies could break out of cribs thatd be great it they brought that back along wit toddlers as like an new game pack
    Mental Health Advocate
    Simmer
    Author
    https://www.wattpad.com/user/XoCayBunnii
  • Options
    OxanaPihlajamaaOxanaPihlajamaa Posts: 153 Member
    Ultrasound sounds good, at least to let me know my sim is expecting twins so she isn't that suprised when she has to fit another bed in the already made room. I am happy with the pregnancy length, but having some new specific interactions would be wonderful :)
  • Options
    _Renasaurus__Renasaurus_ Posts: 4 New Member
    Maybe there could be an option is settings for a longer pregnancy or the default 3 day pregnancy. For both, the extra interactions you all are suggesting (such as ultra sound and discuss names) could happen half way through the pregnancy (2nd trimester).
  • Options
    bythedreadwolfbythedreadwolf Posts: 832 Member
    I use a mod to extend pregnancy to at least 2 sim weeks. Lol Call me crazy but I love having my sims walking around pregnant, specially in TS4 because they can wear anything and some clothes look so cute on preggo sims. So yes, I would love if pregnancy got a bit more of attention.

Something I've been wanting for ages is a baby shower with a gifting system (similar to Snow Day maybe? Where sims put their gifts on a table and then everyone gather around your pregnant sim to see her open the gifts).
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited August 2016
    I have a request, but it may be dark and morbid, and a little too real.

Losing the Baby.

I know a miscarriage is a horrible, painful and traumatic thing to go through, as Parents especially as the mother.
    But it can happen. and in the game it doesn't have to be so horrible.
    It could just be like at one moment your pregnant, the next, poof!

But I also would like Longer Pregnancies, 3-5 days is too fast. I'm not that eager to see the baby.

But that's how I feel about Time in the game in general, everything goes by too fast.
    I think a Pregnancy in the Sims game should be more than one Sim-week.
    Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    But that's how I feel about Time in the game in general, everything goes by too fast.
    I think a Pregnancy in the Sims game should be more than one Sim-week.
    Considering the lifespan of a child... a week would be like being pregnant for 5 years. :/

Pregnancy in the sims bores me. I need it to be shorter.

What we need is the ability to set how long pregnancy lasts for.
    If you want it longer, you can make it longer, if you want it shorter, you can make it as short as 6 hours.
  • Options
    MorinGlory23MorinGlory23 Posts: 64 Member
    I agree that there should be a way to adjust the length of a pregnancy. Also, I would really love it if the babies didn't look so creepy! :s
    In the sims 2, they were sooooo cute! Now they are like.... the heck is that?? :D
  • Options
    crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    edited August 2016
    I would love more baby and pregnancy interactions. :) Forgot to say pregnancy oops.
    Post edited by crazycat_135 on
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,600 Member
    The mother should also have food cravings, mood swings, gasy, a baby shower, bed rest if needed, ultra sound, baby heart beat and check ups.
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »

Losing the Baby.
    I think this would be neat if your sims needs weren't taken care properly in the game. Like if they've passed out more than two times or something like that. But I highly doubt that would ever be added. I was pleasantly surprised they added a sad moodlet when your sims finds out they arent pregnant.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    gmomasuegmomasue Posts: 648 Member
    after the babies are born let dad give out cigar's. and put out sign that its boy or a girl and free babies and add toddlers
  • Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    People still make their Sims get pregnant?

Babies (and pregnancy) are so dull in TS4. It's nothing but a week-long grind (not to mention genetics are such a lucky dip). I go into manage worlds and edit my families in CAS to create kids. No muss, no fuss.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    SimmerMiaaSimmerMiaa Posts: 104 Member
    Everything sounds great!
    Also there should be baby showers and teen pregnancy :)