Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Amazon Challenge-Tribe Wahine 3/5

Comments

• Options
    AllyTod13AllyTod13 Posts: 114 Member
    So good to see Hawika again, but I wonder why she was so weird about Runio being chosen?
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    edited August 2016
    AllyTod13 wrote: »
    So good to see Hawika again, but I wonder why she was so weird about Runio being chosen?

She had her favorite and was trying to impose that on Kalani. But she really likes Runoi now. Who wouldn't? ;)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    Wonderful updates! A new baby and seeing Hawika again! I have a big smile now! :) Thanks Pammiechick!
  • Options
    haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    Pammiechick, I forgot to ask how was your vacation? I hope it was fantastic! It's always nice to get away, but always nice to come home too! :)
  • Options
    haswh wrote: »
    Pammiechick, I forgot to ask how was your vacation? I hope it was fantastic! It's always nice to get away, but always nice to come home too! :)

Oh, thanks! Still on vacation. Won't be back until next week, but I've still found a bit of time to write. ;)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    As the party progresses, Horus takes a seat at the bar but is surprised by a familiar face.

“Well, if it isn’t Brayden the Brash. What in Maker’s name are you doing here? You know the Creator will have your hide locked up if she sees your plum.”

Brayden scoffs, “That’s just it, Horus. I wasn’t able to apologize properly.”

Screenshot_732.jpg

Horus shakes his head. “You’re braver than I. If I were you, I’d make a quick exit while you still can.”

Listening to the clatter of the ice, Brayden smirks. “You underestimate my charm. I’ll have her laughing and reveling at my pithy remarks in no time. Then she’ll regret sending me home and choosing that redheaded mina bird over me.”

Screenshot_733.jpg

Horus raises an eyebrow. “I think you’ll get your chance then. Here she comes.” He leans over the bar and whispers, “Good luck.”

Upon seeing who is tending bar, Kalani marches over and sneers, “Brayden Thornton! What are you doing here at my party?”

Screenshot_734.jpg

“Now don’t you look beautiful tonight, especially when you’re mad.” He gives her an impish grin.

Screenshot_739.jpg

Grinding her teeth, Kalani orders, “I’m going to give you three seconds to get your plum out of here or I’ll have you thrown out.”

Screenshot_738.jpg

“Whoa there, Kalani. I only came here to tell you how sorry I was about what happened. And to show there are no hard feelings about starving me for three days in that dungeon, I thought it would be fitting for me to serve you one of my special drinks.”

Screenshot_737.jpg

Raising an angry finger, Kalani yells, “I won't say it again! Leave. NOW!”

Screenshot_736.jpg

“Okay! Okay! I’ll go. I wouldn’t want to serve a plum like you anyway.”

Screenshot_742.jpg

Runoi enters the dance floor, livid from overhearing the conversation. “What did you just call our Creator?”

Screenshot_743.jpg

“Well if it isn’t the man who never stops blabbing. I don’t know what she sees in you, but it doesn’t matter. I’m leaving.”

Screenshot_744.jpg

Runoi hooks Brayden by the sleeve, whipping him around. “Oh no, mate. You’re not going anywhere. Not until I’m finished with you.”

Screenshot_746.jpg

“What are you going to do? Chatter me to death?”

Screenshot_750.jpg

Runoi shrugs. “That’s one idea. I could tell you what a first rate bugger you are, but then that would really be too easy. You already know that and besides, my sweet rose has already told you off.

Screenshot_748.jpg

“I could also ask my dear friend, Lionel, to wipe the floor with your plum.” Runoi snaps his fingers, eyes popping. “That’s it! That’s exactly what I’m going to do. Oh, Lionel, would you come do me a bit of a favor, mate?”

Screenshot_749.jpg

“Oh for Maker’s sake, you are chattering me to death. I’m outta here. Move aside, clown.”

Screenshot_747.jpg

Runoi puts his face inches from Brayden’s. “I don’t think my lovely rose gave you permission. Did you, darling?”

Screenshot_751.jpg

In a sweet voice, Kalani answers, “No, baby, I didn’t.”

Runoi throws up his fists. “That’s what I thought. But for your information, plumhole, I am done chatting.”

Screenshot_752.jpg

Before Brayden could move, Runoi flings a roundhouse punch right to his jaw sending him careening into the barstools.

Screenshot_753.jpg

Everyone in the bar applauds.

Lionel laughs. “I couldn’t have done better myself, Runoi. Now, Creator. What do you want me to do with him this time?”

Screenshot_755_1.jpg

“Put him in irons and throw away that plumming key, Lionel. I don’t ever want to see him again.”

Screenshot_756.jpg

“At once, Creator.” Lionel bows then heaves Brayden over his shoulders, whistling into the night as he marches down the stairs.
    Post edited by pammiechick on
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    Hahaha! Lionel is amazing! :D<3 I didn't think Brayden will dare to come, he surprised me... I hope now he'll not bother Kalani and others.
  • Options
    Hahaha! Lionel is amazing! :D<3 I didn't think Brayden will dare to come, he surprised me... I hope now he'll not bother Kalani and others.

I don't think you'll be seeing Brayden again. ;)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    AmazingamphyAmazingamphy Posts: 1,733 Member
    "How DARE you offer me a gift at a party even after I locked you up for 3 days?! You must die!" It seems Kalani may somehow be even more dramatic then her mother... Sigh. Hopefully the new baby somehow ends up being like their grandfather or great aunt, they don't drive me mad. :pensive:
    HmypxT0.png
    Gone from this place and never coming back. P5 is good
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    "How DARE you offer me a gift at a party even after I locked you up for 3 days?! You must die!" It seems Kalani may somehow be even more dramatic then her mother... Sigh. Hopefully the new baby somehow ends up being like their grandfather or great aunt, they don't drive me mad. :pensive:

Lol! <3 You do realize he was told never to come back after the last time, so he just wanted to get on her nerves. He wasn't really wanting to give her a gift.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options

Oh yes... Sorry, my mind is concentrated on my issues, so sometimes I can be absent-minded :/ I have a lot of stress nowadays... :#
  • Options
    anaitapevaanaitapeva Posts: 917 Member
    Brayden is a brat. I'm happy he is gone.
    And Runoi is not only a pretty face! Nice choice, Kalani ;)
  • Options

Oh yes... Sorry, my mind is concentrated on my issues, so sometimes I can be absent-minded :/ I have a lot of stress nowadays... :#

So sorry about that. I hope you feel better!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    Dat picture of Brayden on the floor. :lol::joy:
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • Options
    Maladi777 wrote: »
    Dat picture of Brayden on the floor. :lol::joy:

Yeah...right under Kalani's feet! Ha!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    anaitapeva wrote: »
    Brayden is a brat. I'm happy he is gone.
    And Runoi is not only a pretty face! Nice choice, Kalani ;)

Yes! He's definitely a brat! And I was happy to show a different side of Runoi.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    SpurklyNinjaSpurklyNinja Posts: 76 Member
    *claps* WHOOP WHOOP! Nice takedown, Runoi! And I'm glad that Brayden and his plum are gone!

<3 the pictures, especially the one where Brayden had his face on the stool :D
    ~Live a little, and dance a lot while you're at it~
  • Options
    AllyTod13AllyTod13 Posts: 114 Member
    Thank goodness Brayden is gone, he was being and obnoxious meany.
  • Options
    nessanewbynessanewby Posts: 241 Member
    edited August 2016
    Great updates @pammiechick :blush: I hope you are enjoying your vacation. I'm ready for one here as well! ;) Loved the picture of Brayden on the floor. You use some awesome poses. It was nice to see some different sides of Runoi in this last update. We got to see him nervous and shy - and watch him stand up and defend his love with more than just words. It was nice. <3
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    “So this is your home, my sweet rosy treasure. It is very beautiful. Almost like a magnificent aqua castle in the desert. But where are your parents? I wish to meet them for I’ve heard all about the famous Prince Aulani and Creator Mother Ysa Wahine.”

Screenshot_769.jpg

Kalani’s face darkens. “I’m sorry, but they aren’t here. Some trouble happened with one of my tribal sisters. She ended up being a Creator of Tribe Cisneris. Her slaves revolted and took over, abusing her and killing their Creator. My father and our other slaves took care of them, but one got hurt and our Shaman is healing him now. They are protecting the tribe until all is well. We’ve heard nothing more. I’m very glad we have you and the others to help us for one of those evil men is still roaming the Amazon. He may seek retribution and come here. We are to be on our guard.”

Screenshot_766.jpg

Before Runoi could comment about these troubling circumstances, a young man enters their conversation. “Hello, sis. So glad to see you’re back.”

“Hi, Koa, you look well!” Kalani gives him a hug. “I’d like you to meet my mate, Runoi Iki of Tribe Makai.”

Screenshot_765.jpg

Runoi bows. “It is my utmost pleasure to make your acquaintance. I’m assuming you’re the twin brother then?”

Nodding, Koa bows. “That’s correct. Good to meet you.”

Kalani laughs. “Oh my! I cannot believe how similar you two are. It’s a bit scary if I think about it.”

Shooting a look of disdain, Runoi waves his hand. “Your brother has nice looks indeed but well...I don’t see the resemblance, darling, other than the red hair.”

Screenshot_764.jpg

Slapping Runoi on the back, Koa says, “I agree. Sis, he looks nothing like me. You need your eyes checked. But can I change the subject and give my hearty congratulations? You’re about to pop out a Creator Heiress. I’m happy to see this.”

Screenshot_770.jpg

Rubbing her belly, she says, “Yes. I’m hopeful it won’t be long.” Turning to Runoi, Kalani holds his hand. “Come, my love. I want to show you the kitchen. I believe you will like it as no one besides my father can do anything in there. It needs your masterful touch.”

Runoi grins. “Of course. I’ll make your favorite dish at once.”

“Oh, sister, you don’t like burnt grilled cheese?”

Scrunching her nose, Kalani answers, “My stomach would be happy to never sample any more of your dishes, Koa. Your talents lie elsewhere.”

Koa laughs. “I couldn’t agree more. Glad to hear Runoi has a gift in cooking. We sure could use him.”

Screenshot_767.jpg

Just then, Kalani winces, moving her hand across her belly.

Runoi speaks to her stomach, “Oh, is that my little miniature rosy princess? Hello, sweet baby carnation. Daddy is here and am about to feed you, I promise.”

Screenshot_768.jpg

Once they arrive in the kitchen, Runoi shakes his head. “This will not do. Only two stoves, countertops galore and a large bar so people can observe my craft? How will I endure?”

Screenshot_772.jpg

“You don’t like it? Maybe in time you can change it up. Make it more comfortable.”

Sweeping her into his arms, Runoi whispers, “I was kidding, darling. This is amazing and I’m extremely, magnificently happy.”

Excited tingles zing through Kalani. She kisses her love, treasuring his touch, not caring that they are in the middle of the kitchen in the bustling tribe. Her friends and family will have to get used to this. Kalani cannot help herself.

Screenshot_771.jpg

Once Kalani grabs the delicious dish that Runoi has made, she sits next to Ina. “How have things been for you here without most of our tribal members?”

“Oh, I’ve been holding up okay. It’s strange, though, that none of the men have written. Only your father and mother. But maybe they are busy?”

Alarmed at this news, Kalani puts on a peaceful smile. “I’m sure if anything was amiss, my father would tell us, so please don’t worry.”

Screenshot_776.jpg

Ina shrugs, “I can’t help but worry when we are by ourselves for so long, but let me say I am thankful for the new slaves.”

Screenshot_775.jpg

Changing the distressing subject, Kalani offers, “I have better news for you, Ina. One of the men, Horus the Sun, is not a slave but a prince! And he loves the outdoors, especially gardening. Would you like to meet him?”

“Of course! Since Aulani left, there’s no one to help in the gardens. It is in miserable shape. I would very much like to meet him.”

“Very well, I’ll introduce you. Make sure to treat him as an equal, though. My grandmother gave him special status since he comes from another land. His father is King Ra-mes of the realm Ra-met. And although he is not welcome home due to some extenuating circumstances, he wishes to remain here.”

Ina sighs. “A real prince! This news is getting better and better. Where is this Horus the Sun?”

Screenshot_777.jpg

“I am not sure at the moment. Probably settling in, but I’ll have him introduce himself to you sometime today.”

“Sounds wonderful, Creator. Thank you.”

That night as Ina works amongst the glowing plants and shrubs, a handsome man wanders over to her. Heart quickening, she asks, “Who goes there?”

The man gazes up the purple tree. “My....I have never seen such plants as these. What do you call it?”

Drawing a deep breath of relief, Ina surmises this must be Horus. “It’s a tentacle tree, but be careful! The fang flowers bite.”

Screenshot_791.jpg

Ina walks over to the large man. “My name is Ina. I’m the Gatherer. Are you Horus the Sun?”

Horus bows. “At your service, dear lady. I can see I will have much to learn from you. Do your other plants bite?”

Laughing, Ina answers, "If you do not count the cowplant, although Tribe Wahine hasn't had one in generations. Not allowed since one almost ate Queen Hawika's brother, Hagen."

Horus' eyebrows raise. "Ah...I've never seen one of those. Sounds...interesting?"

"They are actually pretty fun plants to raise, but I doubt we'll get permission to do it. You'll just have to be satisfied with these." She points to the purple shrub on the ground. "The quill flower shoots poison darts. That's actually even more challenging than the fang flowers."

"Goodness! Should I wear gloves?"

Shaking her head, Ina says, "You will get used to it. I hardly notice the pain anymore. They make loads of money. It is why our tribe is so rich. Quill fruit is a delicacy."

For the next hour, the two work side by side without words between them, only a few directions from Ina. But her worry about the men being gone so long is temporarily quelled with the presence of this new man who is very skilled. For once in many moons, Ina feels at peace.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    Tavek36Tavek36 Posts: 25 New Member
    I think we may have a new ship to board...
  • Options
    I hope Ina will like Horus and Horus will like Ina :) And you know I also thought that Runoi and Kalani's brother are alike :D Everything seems wonderful in tribe Wahini, I'm just worried about those who are far away from their home :/ But I hope everything is more or less ok...
  • Options
    anaitapevaanaitapeva Posts: 917 Member
    Back to reality... - sighs
    Ohhh Runoi and Koa look a little alike. But the red hair makes them look more similar than they actually are, I think.
    Hmmm Ina and Horus, maybe? ;)
  • Options
    SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    Inarus? Horina? They show potential to be very cute

Great chapter! Hopefully everything is ok with everyone far off.
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)