Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ashes to Ashes: A Legacy [Temporary Hiatus 4/4]

Comments

• Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    edited July 2016
    VIRTUALEE wrote: »
    I hope so @anaitapeva !!!!

And, speaking of Tobi and Colette...

Interlude: What Happened?
    JmvsPfY.jpg

Thank YOU for the warning I will read this when I get home <3

You're welcome @VIRTUALEE !!! :blush: I know some people read at work and I do not want anyone having to explain to their boss what the heck they were looking at :lol:

(And I also know I have some younger readers, and I already corrupt them enough with my characters' potty mouths :lol: So I figured I'd give them a toned-down version so I don't scar them as much ;) hahaha)
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    So beautiful written... I'm big fan of love scenes myself although somehow I avoid write them openly in my sims stories :blush: I loved this chapter so much <3

Now I have a hope Colette and Tobi will try to be together again :)
  • Options
    AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    Thank goodness I work from home!!! :)
  • Options
    Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    Sooo...now that I can think rationally lol, I'm still happy that they're on the road to recovery, but part of me is mad at Colette. I mean, the other day she accused him of treating her like a sex toy, but then she lets this happen. I totally get it though. If I were her, I'd do it too lol. But there's still a small part of me that says "this changes nothing."
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    So beautiful written... I'm big fan of love scenes myself although somehow I avoid write them openly in my sims stories :blush: I loved this chapter so much <3

Now I have a hope Colette and Tobi will try to be together again :)

@roseinblack69 I'm glad you loved it! :) Let's hope this is the start of a smooth recovery of their marriage!
    AudreyFld wrote: »
    Thank goodness I work from home!!! :)

LOL @AudreyFld ! I'm glad I put that warning there :tongue:
    Jes2G wrote: »
    Sooo...now that I can think rationally lol, I'm still happy that they're on the road to recovery, but part of me is mad at Colette. I mean, the other day she accused him of treating her like a sex toy, but then she lets this happen. I totally get it though. If I were her, I'd do it too lol. But there's still a small part of me that says "this changes nothing."

@Jes2G I need to be careful about how I answer this because we are on the forums now :lol: What I was trying to convey in this chapter is that this sex was very different than the sex that Colette was referring to when she said she was being used as a "sex toy". The first thing Tobi did was, um... "take care" of her? :lol: He was focused on his wife and making HER feel good, instead of just using her to get off (which is kind of how he was treating her before, at least from Colette's perspective!)

This was his way of showing her "I still love you and I care about pleasuring YOU and making YOU happy". I think Colette could sense this was different... both of them could. :)

I am not saying you're wrong though... I had a feeling people would be questioning Colette's behavior, given the issues she brought up before. I'm just trying to explain what I was trying to convey (which I maybe was not that successful at doing :lol:)
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    I get what you're saying, but that's not what I'm talking about. Here's how it looks from my perspective: They've been avoiding each other for months. They have this huge fight. They haven't spoken to each other all week, and the first thing they do is have sex LOL. I understand that she ummmm...she had fun first, but...I dunno. Somehow I think that her accusation had more to do with him being "gung-ho" when they get together, you know?
    forum_final.png

• Options
    I get what you're saying, but that's not what I'm talking about. Here's how it looks from my perspective: They've been avoiding each other for months. They have this huge fight. They haven't spoken to each other all week, and the first thing they do is have sex LOL. I understand that she ummmm...she had fun first, but...I dunno. Somehow I think that her accusation had more to do with him being "gung-ho" when they get together, you know?

And I understand what you're saying @Jes2G To me, this was something they both needed to get out of their systems to re-establish their love and connection before moving forward to solving their deeper issues.

I'll stop being all defensive and trying to justify it now, I promise :lol: I knew not everyone would be "satisfied" with this chapter (had to sneak in my Hamilton reference :tongue:)
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options

And I understand what you're saying @Jes2G To me, this was something they both needed to get out of their systems to re-establish their love and connection before moving forward to solving their deeper issues.

I'll stop being all defensive and trying to justify it now, I promise :lol: I knew not everyone would be "satisfied" with this chapter (had to sneak in my Hamilton reference :tongue:)

I'm not saying I'm not satisfied with the chapter! There's just a small part of me that is like "...wait, what?" lol. Jes2G think the chapter was great. Deep Jess just needs a minute. :p
    forum_final.png

• Options
    I posted this on my wordpress comments too, but I'll post it here as well!

Thank you for all the comments so far! I was very nervous about this chapter (maybe more nervous than I've ever been about a chapter!) and the vast majority of you have been so kind and made me feel good about this one. :) So thank you to all of you for that!
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    I posted this on my wordpress comments too, but I'll post it here as well!

Thank you for all the comments so far! I was very nervous about this chapter (maybe more nervous than I've ever been about a chapter!) and the vast majority of you have been so kind and made me feel good about this one. :) So thank you to all of you for that!

We got you. ;)
    forum_final.png

• Options
    MarialeinMarialein Posts: 2,885 Member
    Pretty hot chapter ;) I don't care reading about something like that as long as it is well written. (which it is of course). A few years ago I bought a book were I thought that it is about ghosts but it turned out to have for ma a bit too many descriptions (and details) of sex. Well I was 12 so I guess that this is normal to think so :D
  • Options
    Hahaha @Marialein oh no, that would be kind of traumatizing for a 12-year-old! :lol: I'm glad you found this chapter to be well-written :) I tried to keep it tasteful (as in, nothing super graphic) but still really wanted to convey the passion they were feeling. Thanks for reading!
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    I think there's nothing wrong (I mean this chapter), it feels very natural to me :) As I told before it's very beautiful and well-written chapter, I enjoyed it ;)
  • Options
    anaitapevaanaitapeva Posts: 917 Member
    It was a beautiful chapter. I can totally understand why they are approaching each other that way first. Intimacy means a lot to them, it's how they express their feelings for each other. Of course, their relationship is not just about the physical part, but still it is really important.
    Let's hope they can work on everything and fix it (as much as it can be fixed). It won't be easy!
  • Options
    Spottydog714Spottydog714 Posts: 2,518 Member
    Marialein wrote: »
    Pretty hot chapter ;) I don't care reading about something like that as long as it is well written. (which it is of course). A few years ago I bought a book were I thought that it is about ghosts but it turned out to have for ma a bit too many descriptions (and details) of sex. Well I was 12 so I guess that this is normal to think so :D

Was it as traumatising as a 10 yr old Spottydog reading the last Noughts and Crosses? (If you haven't read it, that had a very detailed s e x description) So I am very happy you gave us a toned down version, Citizen. I can preserve as much of my innocence as possible!
    EkpFDaf.png
    Stories: Looking For Mum's Murderer | The Bachelorette | Fifteen
  • Options
    anaitapeva wrote: »
    It was a beautiful chapter. I can totally understand why they are approaching each other that way first. Intimacy means a lot to them, it's how they express their feelings for each other. Of course, their relationship is not just about the physical part, but still it is really important.
    Let's hope they can work on everything and fix it (as much as it can be fixed). It won't be easy!

Thank you @anaitapeva :blush: You are very right about why they approached each other in this way! It was almost like an "ice breaker" for them. I don't think they'd be able to sit down and talk to each other properly if this hadn't happened. They both needed it very badly haha and it helped to re-establish a feeling of love and intimacy between them. Now they can move on and work on the tough stuff!

I'm glad you appreciated the less-steamy version @Spottydog714 :)
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    MarialeinMarialein Posts: 2,885 Member
    @Spottydog714 no it wasn't traumatising. I just expected something different from the book. I guess now I would like the book ;)
    Lord of the rings watching with 8 years wasn't traunatising as well.
  • Options
    Here is our second-to-last teen chapter :)

Interlude: Freedom
    U06znXp.jpg
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    SterretjeeeSterretjeee Posts: 3,019 Member
    Yay, Clara is happy again <3
    And so are Tobi and Colette, will we get to see their vow-renewal? :)
  • Options
    Yay, Clara is happy again <3
    And so are Tobi and Colette, will we get to see their vow-renewal? :)

@Sterretjeee just a brief mention in the next chapter, sorry :( I have a very sweet screenshot to go with it though! Believe it or not I got teary eyed taking the shot too :lol: #ToCo is very close to my heart :heart:
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    Finally, Clara feels good again :)
  • Options
    Ruby10990Ruby10990 Posts: 491 Member
    I'm glad Clara has recovered from her relationship and Tobi and Colette as well! Maybe someday, waaaay down the line, #TeamFlora (which is Florian and Clara) could be a thing?
  • Options
    Hemera123Hemera123 Posts: 905 Member
    I'm so happy that things are settling down (before the next storm. :D ). The whole family was so full of drama (again :p ) that they deserve a moment of happiness. :)
  • Options
    Finally, Clara feels good again :)

@roseinblack69 yes, she is finally back to her old self :heart:
    Ruby10990 wrote: »
    I'm glad Clara has recovered from her relationship and Tobi and Colette as well! Maybe someday, waaaay down the line, #TeamFlora (which is Florian and Clara) could be a thing?

@Ruby10990 hahaha you never know what could happen down the line ;) For now, the #ToCo sails again! So that's good :) We'll see what happens with any future ships haha. And yes, Clara is on her way to recovering (though I think she's gonna stay away from relationships for a while haha)
    Hemera123 wrote: »
    I'm so happy that things are settling down (before the next storm. :D ). The whole family was so full of drama (again :p ) that they deserve a moment of happiness. :)

@Hemera123 yes, we are entering our calm before the next storm ;) Never forget that this is essentially a soap opera. The Rosebrooks are never gonna have it easy :lol: But they do have their moments of happiness (mostly off-camera :tongue:) They work very hard for those! Haha
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    I love the new banner!!! :love:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top