Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Top Model Magazine Model Search

Comments

• Options
    wrswrs2wrswrs2 Posts: 935 Member
    If you can find a white one that would be easier to edit it off for me :)
    http://ecoast.tumblr.com/ --- Simblr + Im Kreis Custom Content
    http://tmmts4.tumblr.com/ --- Top Model Magazine Cover Archive
  • Options
    iiimeeiiimee Posts: 402 Member
    wrswrs2 wrote: »
    If you can find a white one that would be easier to edit it off for me :)

That'd be great, if only I had any sort of photoshop or anything like that. XD Heh... I'll try my best, but if I can't figure it out I hope you won't mind a CAS background...
    Read At The Sim's Library
  • Options
    kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    Model Name: Allie Denson

Country of Origin: Australia

Top Model Magazine entry - Headshot
    Top%20Model%20Magazine%20entry%20hs_zpstwlwrsrh.png

Top Model Magazine entry - Bodyshot
    Top%20Model%20Magazine%20entry%20fb_zpsnfygmgyr.png

She's stunning!!!
  • Options
    iiimee wrote: »
    07-21-16_3-16-00nbspAM_zps0inof44x.png
    Sims%204%20Model%20Andrea%20Symner%20Confident%201_zpstna8n5lh.png
    My Name:
    Andrea Symner.
    My Age:
    30, but do I seriously look a day over 21?
    My Country of Origin:
    The USA, believe it or not! Both of my parents are Korean though.

Still learning how to use this new photo editor, so for now here's my application! ^_^
  • Options
    NShippudenFanNShippudenFan Posts: 3,825 Member
    I'll try to join in on this xD. Perhaps, lol. Ill try to post mine today.
    LOVER of all things cosplay, anime, cats, Shadowhunters, and Sims 4!

Origin ID: Sims4Girl202

• Options
    MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    @iiimee I have editing tutorials for Gimp and Photoshop here: Beginner's Editing and Modeling Tutorials.
    To get a transparent background, don't add anything behind your sim. Just save as a PNG to keep the transparency.
    Hope that helps! :3
  • Options
    Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    Thank you, @kittymeow. Sometimes shorter hair can be really flattering, I often use medium-length hair on some of my sims.

• Options
    You know, you guys are all really good, and though I really wanna join, I think I need to get all my bases covered first. XD Hopefully if I message anyone with questions I might get some feedback?
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    *whichever works best for you. Sorry, I'm a newbie at this xD*

Body Shot:
    Xho1TGh.png?2

pXgBiyFl.png?3

Head Shots:
    cUuQr8Qh.jpg?2

6ecqUllm.png?1
    Name: Tiffany Isaac
    Country of Origin: United States

I really did try my best with editing, and tried making the background white with my imgur edit tools/paint, but I got too frustrated xD. So, I took a couple alternate photos in front of a white wall in game xD. You can pick what works best, lol.
    Post edited by NShippudenFan on

• Options
    edited July 2016
    @iiimee Your model is great! And don't worry, I was too frustrated with fixing the background too xD. I'm a newbie to all of this, XD.

• Options
    @iiimee Your model is great! And don't worry, I was too frustrated with fixing the background too xD. I'm a newbie to all of this, XD.

I just have no clue how to do the background. I downloaded gimp, but trying to understand how to use it is incredibly frustrating for me.
  • Options
    @iiimee Well, you're not alone since I've only been using imgur to slightly edit my photos xD. I've used photoshop before, but I don't really want to mess with it since I haven't used it in a while, and it isn't on my computer xD. That's why I just went in game to take my photo(s) xD.

• Options
    @iiimee Well, you're not alone since I've only been using imgur to slightly edit my photos xD. I've used photoshop before, but I don't really want to mess with it since I haven't used it in a while, and it isn't on my computer xD. That's why I just went in game to take my photo(s) xD.

I have this little studio set up for taking photos, though I admit it's incredibly hard to make the background a solid colour even in-game thanks to how hard it is to get a good camera angle. XD I mean, I have a few okay shots, but nothing comes out 100% solid in colour...
  • Options
    @iiimee Yeah, it's understandable :). But I do think your model looks great xD.

• Options
    @iiimee Yeah, it's understandable :). But I do think your model looks great xD.

Thanks! ^_^ I worked really hard on making her base as close to the average Korean beauty and went from there. Probably the most difficult part of creating her was making her nose shape. XD I'm used to creating characters with noses that are straight or curve like a beak, so her flattish, only subtly curved nose was definitely difficult to perfect.
  • Options
    gramatiquegramatique Posts: 526 Member
    @iiimee and @NShippudenFan check @MizoreYukii's link. She has tutorials for both GIMP and Photoshop and start from the very VERY basics. I suggest you check it out! :) Those tutorials cover the very basics quite well, but if you need any more clarification and that, feel free to send me a message :) I do use Photoshop though, so the options and stuff may differ in GIMP.

As for CAS backgrounds, you can have solid CAS backgrounds by installing LumiaLover's blob remover (it removes the blue halo on the Sim's feet). That link also contains solid background, so you can download those and take screenshots through CAS, and it makes editing easier (Miz's link has a tutorial on cutting out backgrounds :))

• Options
    GegeGege Posts: 2,548 Member
    @iiimee @NShippudenFan I have been doing editing for just over a month, and @MizoreYukii and @gramatique who are very good at it can tell you that the tutorials are very helpful and you'll be surprised with how quickly you catch on. Please give it a go, you won't regret it, and you have beautiful models. A lot of this editing is trial and error! Hang in there!

@wrswrs2 Thank you for the invite, but I don't want to overbook myself and do a disservice to the contest creators! I will definitely lurk here though. Bookmarked!
    mWC1gjz.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    . I really haven't used photoshop in ages, and it does cost moneylol. I don't have photoshop or gimp on my own laptop...should I use it for this magazine?? I'm just unsure xD.. Maybe ill download gimp. I know my photos aren't the greatest but I think they're okay, at least for now lol.

My twin brother had photoshop but his subscription or something stopped with it so he uses pixler for his photos, maybe ill try that ;).

• Options
    edited July 2016
    Deleted xD.

• Options
    gramatique wrote: »
    @iiimee and @NShippudenFan check @MizoreYukii's link. She has tutorials for both GIMP and Photoshop and start from the very VERY basics. I suggest you check it out! :) Those tutorials cover the very basics quite well, but if you need any more clarification and that, feel free to send me a message :) I do use Photoshop though, so the options and stuff may differ in GIMP.

As for CAS backgrounds, you can have solid CAS backgrounds by installing LumiaLover's blob remover (it removes the blue halo on the Sim's feet). That link also contains solid background, so you can download those and take screenshots through CAS, and it makes editing easier (Miz's link has a tutorial on cutting out backgrounds :))

Thanks! Yeah, I was trying to read through it, but I'm still very confused X_X I'll probably send you a message if I reread it for the third time and still can't figure things out. XD Heh, sometimes it takes me awhile to get something through my head, but once I actually learn it I never forget it. XD
  • Options
    MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    edited July 2016
    @NShippudenFan First off, love the model! xD (And yes, anime and books are awesome btw, I just saw your signature! I binged a book series the other day, the Selection, lol! <3)

For modeling, everyone I've met who started with a hosting system, or even Microsoft paint, to edit eventually moved over to Gimp and Photoshop (Or paint.net, PS Elements, etc.). These contests range from many types of assignments, but the number one thing is that most require online backgrounds, manipulation, etc., that MSP and imgur, photobucket, flickr, etc. can't provide. While they are good for filters and basic touchups, they aren't powerful enough to pull off the assignments/challenges you'll encounter. For this competition alone I predict that your model will be just about everywhere for assignments (beach, studio, etc.). While we sometimes get in-game only competitions, they are very far and in-between. We haven't even had one for S4 yet, so that tells you how rare they are. >_<

Since you have experience with PS I'd recommend installing that one. I have experience with both and can say for sure that Gimp is a bit more confusing than PS (though of course each person is different).

Of course the choice is up to you about what you do, but it's better to be prepared now and have at least poked at the program, rather than downloading it in the middle of your assignment/challenge and being confused and stressed. :sweat_smile:

@iiimee Could you please tell me which program and tutorial it is that you're having trouble with? I need to know what is confusing about tutorials so I can improve them. If I don't know I can't make changes. xD Plus I did say at the beginning of each tutorial to contact me if you were struggling. ;)
    Edit: Just saw your message! LOL!
  • Options
    @NShippudenFan don't worry about the swimsuit photo, it looks fine! :)

And guys photo-shop is super easy to use :smiley:
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    @wrswrs2 Oh good! Thanks ;).

And yeah, I've used photoshop before so I guess I can try it out again , or something similiar xD.

• Options
    wrswrs2 wrote: »
    @NShippudenFan don't worry about the swimsuit photo, it looks fine! :)

And guys photo-shop is super easy to use :smiley:

Yeah, too bad it's not free. >_>
  • Options
    You can usually get a free tutorial. I use photoshop elements, a really old version, and it was maybe $50, but it's so easy to use and I've had it for years. It was really worth it.