Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Weird Waterslide Glitch :-(

Every time my Sim tries to use the water slide, she glitches out and comes to a complete halt halfway through, flattens like a pancake (isn't visible from the side at all), and then poofs to the end. She still gets the moodlet but the sliding animation is really messed up. Am I the only one with this problem?

Comments

• Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    I have no idea if this will work, but did you try deleting and then buying it again?
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited July 2016
    siennaSTAR wrote: »
    Every time my Sim tries to use the water slide, she glitches out and comes to a complete halt halfway through, flattens like a pancake (isn't visible from the side at all), and then poofs to the end. She still gets the moodlet but the sliding animation is really messed up. Am I the only one with this problem?

Pics or it didn't happen >:)
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,407 Member
    In my game it works correctly. Mods/CC?
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,607 Member
    Hello
    Does your sim have a low fitness skill level? Sims are better at sliding as their fitness skill increases.
    If the animation though seems to be wrong, try selling the slide and buying a new one and see if that helps the issue.
    If the issue remains, and you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if the issues are still there.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,398 Member
    siennaSTAR wrote: »

Do you have any mods? If so move the mods folder to your desktop.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I think I want to see pics of it too. Anyways tagging @SimGuruNick @SimGuruArvin @SimQARobo about the bug.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited July 2016
    Could you please add your voice here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Animation-Error-with-Slide/td-p/5451485/ (the thread has a video)

Also post your specs

What speed did you play on ?
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    meepweepmeepweep Posts: 309 Member
    I just put a video on youtube to share over here -- it's happening to me too

https://youtube.com/watch?v=HreNWE144fk&feature=youtu.be

I played on normal speed and this happened every time anyone went on the slide :(
  • Options
    keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    Happening in my game as well.
  • Options
    Do you guys have graphics cards or chip ? Could you post your basic specs ?
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    siennaSTARsiennaSTAR Posts: 739 Member
    Hey sorry I'm mobile so I can't post my specs but I have an i7 processor and no mods other than skin replacement. I play on speed 1 as well. I believe the graphics card is the Intel 520. I hope that helps? I'm not really a techie.
  • Options
    Deleting and buying didn't work. Also I'm not using laptop mode (though I'm on one) and my graphics are set to high.
  • Options
    Intel 520 sounds like a chip. So this might be an issue with graphics chips.

Thanks for the info
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    meepweepmeepweep Posts: 309 Member
    My processor is 2,4 GHz intel core i5, graphics is intel HD graphics 3000 384 mb. I play on a late 2011 macbook pro in laptop mode
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,398 Member
    If it s a bug in hope an emergency patch is released.
  • Options
    Me too. It basically renders the feature I paid for useless. :( At least I bought BS for the other things and the slide was just a bonus.
  • Options
    Could you try playing around with your graphics option ? Turn laptop mode on, change to lower or higher, ...
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    edited July 2016
    I'm having the same issue, not sure if it's a graphics issue or just a plain random bug but I have a Intel Pentium CPU G2020 @ 2.9GHz and an Intel HD Graphics 2500. Not a beast but it works good. My graphic settings are Sims-Very High, Objects-High, Lighting-Medium, Reflections-Low-, Effects-Medium, Edge Smoothing-Low, 3D Scene Resolution-Low, View Distance-High, Uncompressed Sim Textures-On, Post Processing Effects-Off, Laptop Mode-Off.

Just to add I removed all my mods before even installing the pack and ran a repair on my game after installing just in case.
  • Options
    KeyserFnKeyserFn Posts: 1,424 Member
    I have no mods and it does this I know it's not my computer so it has to be a glitch
    b96a6288-80b2-4a90-b4f2-d0ff50a849e2.jpg~original

Origin gtgirl1999
    twitter @gtgirl_99
  • Options
    SimmerSophie96SimmerSophie96 Posts: 253 Member
    Same thing happening with me, and i was really excited to get my sims onto the water slide :(
  • Options
    KeyserFnKeyserFn Posts: 1,424 Member
    I didn't pay 9.99 or whatever for a game that has glitches especially on an item that they claimed to be one of the number one things in the pack #annoyed
    b96a6288-80b2-4a90-b4f2-d0ff50a849e2.jpg~original

Origin gtgirl1999
    twitter @gtgirl_99
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    edited July 2016
    What is everyone's graphics cards?

It is looking like those with only a integrated card is affected.

If you do not know your GPU, you'll need to provide a DxDiag.
    http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Instead of copying the DxDiag into multiple posts onto the thread, use Pastebin instead.
    http://pastebin.com

Once copied your DxDiag onto Pastebin, link your paste. :)
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    lizbethbearlizbethbear Posts: 3,201 Member
    I can't be the only one noticing the Intel graphics pattern...
    WznfzGr.gif
  • Options
    KeyserFn wrote: »
    I have no mods and it does this I know it's not my computer so it has to be a glitch

Do you have a chip or a graphics card or both ?
    AHQ Tutorial

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top