Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Origin Servers down? (Update 2:07pm PDT -- appears to be back up)

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    haggis1969haggis1969 Posts: 30 Member
    I cant get on line with origin either and I cant even sign in if I disconnect from the WWW. Beginning to tick me off slightly and I may resort to writing a mildly worded message of disapproval
  • Options
    pixiejuicepixiejuice Posts: 711 Member
    edited July 2016
    I don't know how it is for everyone else, but whenever I tried to play offline, my game lags crazy bad. It loads up and everything, but it's hardly playable. The camera stutters between moving, and there is delay between every click. I never really figured out why, but I also never often needed to play offline so wasn't motivated to find out why.

However, if I load up the game offline, and then click "go online" after it's loaded, it plays fine as normal. (Also that's how I get around patching the game when I'm not ready to download a new patch, btw.) But I can't sign onto Origin at all right now, so not even that solves my problem at the moment.
  • Options
    LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    Since when have you had to be online to open and play the game? You don't.

Sometimes you DO.

Because those games that REQUIRE Origin, have to do a quick verification before it will open, and if you can't sign in, like it's doing to some of us now...you CAN'T play any of those games.

Clearly sims isn't one of those games.

You can't state that as a fact, when I am having that issue right now.

I have played and modded Sims games for many years, so would know most of what I can, or can't do, so please stick to commenting on your own situation, as I am doing, now. Thanks.

Clearly you like to argue, which I am not here to do, so have yourself a great weekend. :)

• Options
    Lindz2006Lindz2006 Posts: 86 Member
    This is exactly why I miss my disk games.... what happens one day when everything crashes? there goes our money and no games.... I do not like it. I have been logged out for an hour now. I just had surgery and all I can do is enjoy sims. sigh :neutral:
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited July 2016
    Solution: Run Origin in offline mode until servers back up.

R-click Origin and select Properties.

f818c4ef6d.jpg

Type -offline in the Target box after the path.

a0e55e9179.jpg

Apply, OK and run Origin as normal.

36e045bb17.png

Load up your game :)

***You won't be able to buy anything from Origin or use the Gallery in Offline mode (they are online services). This allows you to log in and play though.***
  • Options
    sooozeeebeeesooozeeebeee Posts: 665 Member
    I wonder if it has to do with how the game is installed? Except for the initial game, all my additions to the Sims4 have been online.
  • Options
    JonalinJonalin Posts: 1,708 Member
    edited July 2016
    And I want to buy a game too lol! C'mon EA ;)
  • Options
    JonalinJonalin Posts: 1,708 Member
    JfsfgwI.png

I hope they're able to resolve their issues soon :(
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Jonalin wrote: »
    JfsfgwI.png

I hope they're able to resolve their issues soon :(

Thank goodness the WiiU remains unaffected. ;)
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    haggis1969haggis1969 Posts: 30 Member
    A thank you to EmmaVane - I'm now playing the sims4 (well having a brief break whilst a sprog is dropped at the hospital
  • Options
    @EmmaVane says I need to provide administrator permission when I tried? Maybe I will just wait.
  • Options
    @EmmaVane says I need to provide administrator permission when I tried? Maybe I will just wait.

Are you the sole user of the PC and therefore the administrator? If you are, click yes. If not, ask permission before doing it.

It's a check to make sure you don't mess up anything important if you don't know what you are doing.
  • Options
    Lindz2006Lindz2006 Posts: 86 Member

I couldnt get the offline thing to work for me :( I want to buy kids stuff and movie stuff :(
  • Options
    You won't be able to buy anything from Origin or use the Gallery in Offline mode (they are online services). This allows you to log in and play though.
  • Options
    AdelaideMannAdelaideMann Posts: 196 Member
    I can't open Origin without logging in, and I can't log in because of server errors. So I can't play offline. I think.
  • Options
    EmmaVane wrote: »

Are you the sole user of the PC and therefore the administrator? If you are, click yes. If not, ask permission before doing it.

It's a check to make sure you don't mess up anything important if you don't know what you are doing.

Thank you. I am the sole user, but I know just enough about computers to get myself in trouble, so I "try" to be cautious. Think I'm just going to wait it out. There is a really cool new release on Netflix called Stranger Things. It's been pretty good so far. Happily surprised at Winona Ryder's very good acting as a semi psychotic mom.
  • Options
    LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    Seems to be working again, unless it kicks me back out, lol!
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    I think the servers are back up now, at least for a minute.

My computer rebooted and when I reopened The Sims (via TS4 shortcut) Origin wasn't in offline mode.

ETA. Yep. Gallery available.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Looks like they're back online -- took an inadvertent nap in the easy chair while my husband was on the computer, and came back to find my teeny little thread exploded. :o
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    msbeckycatmsbeckycat Posts: 3,445 Member
    I can't get into it
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    edited July 2016
    msbeckycat wrote: »
    I can't get into it

Hello
    Try shutting down your computer completely. Then restart the computer and try logging into origin then, and see if the issue remains.