Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why is the feedback for the sims 4 so angry?

Comments

• Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Welcome to the madhouse forums :D

One thing you'll find out is that we all love the Sims! And we are very passionate. Some like a particular version best, and some like another version, but whichever one you like it is still a sims game.

A lot of simmers care very much about the series and would like to see the latest version improve in certain areas, which is why they spend time here giving their opinions. No need to be afraid, we're not really that scary :)
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    me i am quite happy with the sims4 and i think simmers should give the sims4 game a chance no pooint in getting angry because of missing content it is not for us to decide when new content is added to the game anyway
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    OP.

Feel free to post pictures about your game, give updates. There are many players who do like Sims4 who will want to see the pictures. There will be players who are on the fence about Sims4 who want to see how others play the game and if it had been improved.

Yes, you will occasionally have to put up with negativity and hostility on the forums. That is everywhere. In the forums, it is harder ... it is all in text, black and white text. You can't really tell if the person is being serious with a question or if they are being sarcastic. Don't let it stop you from your enjoyment.

You have options here at the forums ... you can ignore posters. If time after time again there is just someone who you would rather not see/deal with, put them on ignore. Be familiar with the terms of service. You will soon learn to navigate the forums, learn patterns ( for a lack of better word ), learn to see which threads are bait and switch threads, or just cheap lol's.

Learn, post, enjoy.
  • Options
    z0mg_z0mbiez0mg_z0mbie Posts: 84 Member
    Thank you for replying. Sorry I wasn't on earlier I am helping with a campaign near campus. Really haven't played sims for awhile at camp lolz
  • Options
    WitchirisWitchiris Posts: 67 Member
    Don't worry about it. There are a lot for ppl who just like to complain. Best to give constructive feedback to help developers improve the game when needed. Probably best also to stay away from hot button issues like toddlers and the upcoming US presidential election.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Because the Sims 4 is full of angry poops and peeing like a champion. ;) Honestly just report the fights and let mods take care of it. Welcome to forums by the way. But yeah it's hard when first joining forums and can be a bit overwhelming. I just learned over time not to put myself into any of the "sides" debates no matter how many times I got called names by others.

My advice when entering threads if you see any of the following, avoid them if you don't want to be stressed out, "threads titled toddler/anti-toddler, posts that try to force opinions upon Simmers whether for or against the Sims 4, name calling posts, speculation threads, comparison threads, the Sims 4 rocks/stinks threads, and why are Simmers are "insert insult" threads." You should be good to go after that. I'd recommend visiting the happy thread, the tiny house thread, the 33 day CAS challenge, and some of the other sticked threads. Ideas section and creative corner are pretty calm too.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    edited July 2016
    i am new here. i just got the game with my birthday money a couple days ago. I saw the ad for sims 4 while watching pewdiepie. i joined the forum because my game title page said i should lol. In the beginning i wanted to share pictures of my sims because i really like the community part of gaming. i was hoping the sims 4 was online because i like games like that. But its not and i am sad its not open world. But anyways a couple of my very first posts were in the backyard stuff teaser post. i found myself in the middle of a fight with players versus gurus (i guess developers?)! holy moley! got out of there. i met a friend in off topic and he/she helped me become a member. Now i want to post a positive feedback in the sims 4 place but i am afraid. There are alot of angry posts! i don't have any eps right now. i want to buy get a job ep but now after looking at feedback i don't anymore. In gw and sc forums people just stop posting if they don't like a game because we understand we dont want other players to feel bad about the game. i guess that is not the culture here.

First off, welcome to the forums! :3 I hope you stay here long!

Apologies for that, some arguments can get heated up on these forums(like all the gaming forums I've gone to), allot of people who partake in them are passionate gamers but I won't lie and say that this forum is perfect, some people do derail threads and make false statements and even insult one another - I'm not trying to deter you from the forum, I just want to be honest. Luckily, most of the players I've met on here are not at all like that :)

Never be afraid of posting your positive feedback! Positivity is needed as much as negativity or constructive criticism in the world! I understand how you feel though, I used to be quite afraid of posting my positive feelings for the game but I ended up leaving the forums for quite a bit because people kept calling me names, asking if I was being paid and basically made me feel like my opinion didn't matter and wasn't welcome here, all because I liked a game. I won't lie, that occasionally still occurs but I've learned to ignore those kinds of comments because I joined this forum for one reason - to share my opinion. If you want to share your opinion, don't let opposing opinions stop you! We need your opinion, your feedback, your ideas just as much as anyone else's!

Well, this is a bit of a different forum, it's about every The Sims games. People will continue to talk about what they dislike about the game, they will continue to ask for the features they want so much and some will continue to call The Sims 4 a downgrade, allot of those people are passionate about the franchise and truly want it to succeed, they love simming just as much as us and I implore you not to look at them in negative light just because their comments feel negative. They have just as much a right as anyone else to have an opinion on the game and their feedback and criticism helps improve the game just as much as our positive feedback!

I sincerely hope you enjoy your time on this forum, just remember that your opinion matters and don't be afraid of opposing opinions or the people who have those opinions!

~Happy Simming!!! :cookie:
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sims_4

They cover why we are angry in the above link. go down to Features controversy

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Bagoas77 wrote: »
    because anger is the 2nd stage of grief.
    Very good answer.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited July 2016
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sims_4

They cover why we are angry in the above link. go down to Features controversy
    "You can’t weigh features by how much you want them in the game, you have to consider how many development resources it takes to create them. The tram? A couple of days from one of our FX guys and it’s finished... very low risk, very low complexity (using entirely existing tech), and adds a nice visual punch to the neighborhood. I can’t recall ever scoping against FX... they always have time to be adding more stuff.

"Our FX folks submitted their own long list of things they wanted to work on because there wasn’t enough for them to do. Now, you can’t take the FX team and ask them to add pools to the game. They don’t have the work skills to do it; neither do I. Pools, toddlers... they’re extremely complex features that require months of man hours of work across multiple disciplines and introduce significant risk.

"If we were to have added one of those to the game, there would have been two choices for us... cut many small features, or cut one other significantly large feature."

Maxis and The Sims producer Rachel Rubin Franklin later elaborated in an official blog post, acknowledging the concerns of fans, and explained the issue on the developer's focus on The Sims 4's new core game engine technologies, and that the sacrifices the team had to make were a "hard pill to swallow":

"It begins with new technology and systems that we built for this new base game for The Sims... the vision for The Sims 4 is a new experience... to do that, our technology base needed a major upgrade.

"...when we sat down and looked at everything we wanted to do for this game, all the new tech we wanted to build into it, the fact was that there would be trade-offs, and these would disappoint some of our fans. Hard pill to swallow, believe me, but delivering on the vision set out for The Sims 4 required focus."
    If that's their vision they can have it. I haven't seen much new experience so far, apart from the club system.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    coldplay2233coldplay2233 Posts: 451 Member
    edited July 2016
    I think they're disappointed because they took out any challenge & consequence out of the game, and a lot of features we're accustomed to having in even the base game. As @Rukola_Schaaf said in the other thread, TS4 takes place in Lala land.
    Post edited by coldplay2233 on
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    me i am quite happy with the sims4 and i think simmers should give the sims4 game a chance no pooint in getting angry because of missing content it is not for us to decide when new content is added to the game anyway

I have over 250 hours in trying to give Sims 4 a chance Friendlysimmer, so don't tell me I have not even tried. It is not fun. It is tedious and does not support my playstyle at all and even when I changed my playstyle it was not fun - more mind numbing than anything and repetitious.

If you can have fun with that - then good for you. Be happy and go have tons of Sims 4 fun - but Lord knows I have tried everything... in fact I have not ever tried so hard to have fun... and in my game book the fun part goes out the door after the fifth time of repeat and rinse. Really - don't think that many of us haven't even tried. You'd be wrong.

ETA One other rather important factor is the fact I cannot even recreate my own family in this game - yet have no problem doing so in Sims 2 or Sims 3. The first thing I do with a new Sims game is place a recreation of my own family on all the empty lots of the game - and that is not do-able at all in Sims 4 seeing 4 of my family members have toddlers or babies who are at least crawling. It is my play style and it does not exist in Sims 4. Also the 6 teens in my family only 1 is as tall as their dad and not one of them would ever be mistaken for a 25 year old - that's a fact. Maybe in 5 or more years, but not now.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    I think Simmers are upset because of the close minded attitude towards those that like/dislike/and have mixed feelings about the Sims 4. There is only so much prejudice and name calling a person can handle before they hit a breaking point of tolerance.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    edited July 2016

I have over 250 hours in trying to give Sims 4 a chance Friendlysimmer, so don't tell me I have not even tried. It is not fun. It is tedious and does not support my playstyle at all and even when I changed my playstyle it was not fun - more mind numbing than anything and repetitious.

If you can have fun with that - then good for you. Be happy and go have tons of Sims 4 fun - but Lord knows I have tried everything... in fact I have not ever tried so hard to have fun... and in my game book the fun part goes out the door after the fifth time of repeat and rinse. Really - don't think that many of us haven't even tried. You'd be wrong.

ETA One other rather important factor is the fact I cannot even recreate my own family in this game - yet have no problem doing so in Sims 2 or Sims 3. The first thing I do with a new Sims game is place a recreation of my own family on all the empty lots of the game - and that is not do-able at all in Sims 4 seeing 4 of my family members have toddlers or babies who are at least crawling. It is my play style and it does not exist in Sims 4. Also the 6 teens in my family only 1 is as tall as their dad and not one of them would ever be mistaken for a 25 year old - that's a fact. Maybe in 5 or more years, but not now.

Hehe. Don't feel bad. I gave it close to 3,000 hours before I decided it really wasn't for me. I put so much effort into my original setup that I kept forcing myself to play out of dedication to what I created. But every patch tied my hands more.

I believe I gave it more than a fair chance.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    kremesch73 wrote: »

Hehe. Don't feel bad. I gave it close to 3,000 hours before I decided it really wasn't for me. I put so much effort into my original setup that I kept forcing myself to play out of dedication to what I created. But every patch tied my hands more.

Oh my - I could never had withstood THAT MUCH punishment. I do all I could do to play a few of the Guru's challenges - it is so tedious. Last time I played Sims 4 was the Easter egg challenge and I was down to finding the last egg and gaining 4 more perfect grow fruits and could hardly stand it. My friend Rflong was sort of encouraging me not to give up - that I could do it. LOL. So I stayed in there and did finish. Also come to find out I already had the last egg - as they did not tell us it was grouped with the other new egg. I found out quite by chance.

I have not been able to play more than 20 minutes since then to be honest.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,906 Member
    My guess as to why people are angry is because when this game first came out, it was 70 dollars. SEVENTY dollars for a game that was basically half finished. No toddlers, closed world with loading screens, no personality in the Sims. Just a half baked game. And when people complained about a game they spent money on, EA either shut them down or ignored them. Then they introduce these stuff packs that has stuff that SHOULD have been in the 70 dollar base game, and STILL ignore people who have some feedback on their games if it was negative. That's why people likely angry.

I, myself, didn't buy this game, but I do read these forums and I see people asking the same things with no answer: toddlers, culling, open world. They are basically talking to a brick wall. Shoot for 70 dollars, I'd be angry too.
  • Options
    AlanSimsAlanSims Posts: 713 Member
    The game is amazing and beautiful, don't let negativity corrupt the way you enjoy this game. This comes from someone who has been playing the game since The Sims 1 base game came out. I do enjoy the content of all generations of Sim games and the latest one has not been the content that we (and maybe I) expected or takes too long, but that doesn't mean I don't love the game for what it is right now.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @friendlyzone20 I can understand why someone would be annoyed at paying that amount for a bare base game with no toddlers, Open World and whatever else but what I cannot understand is why people went ahead and brought it anyway and them complained about buying an unfinished product.

That is a bit like complaining about an expensive car with no wheels and then buying it anyway and then complaining because you cannot drive it.

You get what you pay for in this world I am afraid...
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    @friendlyzone20 I can understand why someone would be annoyed at paying that amount for a bare base game with no toddlers, Open World and whatever else but what I cannot understand is why people went ahead and brought it anyway and them complained about buying an unfinished product.

That is a bit like complaining about an expensive car with no wheels and then buying it anyway and then complaining because you cannot drive it.

Paying for angry poops and peeing like a champion. XD
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »

Oh my - I could never had withstood THAT MUCH punishment. I do all I could do to play a few of the Guru's challenges - it is so tedious. Last time I played Sims 4 was the Easter egg challenge and I was down to finding the last egg and gaining 4 more perfect grow fruits and could hardly stand it. My friend Rflong was sort of encouraging me not to give up - that I could do it. LOL. So I stayed in there and did finish. Also come to find out I already had the last egg - as they did not tell us it was grouped with the other new egg. I found out quite by chance.

I have not been able to play more than 20 minutes since then to be honest.

Heh. Most of my time was spent in build mode. I love building.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,906 Member
    edited July 2016

With businesses there's always, always going to be somebody that's unhappy. I don't know why people bought this game then complained about it. Maybe they thought it wasn't going to be as it was. Maybe they thought they could look past the flaws and and enjoy the game just to find even more flaws. Then when they complain or provide feedback they get ignored. I mean, that could be frustrating. Base games are not meant to have everything, and I"m sure people know that and accept that, but for 70 dollars, you should at least have something and at least have opinions heard.

You said "You get what you pay for in this world," yeah for $70 people should have gotten more than what I'm hearing they got. $70 is a nice chunk of change, especially for ONE game. My Teen Titans Complete Series box set cost less than that. But I didn't buy the game, so I'm speaking from the outside as an observer not an actual customer.
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Paying full price for TS4 is a ripoff.
    It's not worth getting if it's not on sale.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    Mizz_Creative48Mizz_Creative48 Posts: 1,044 Member
    I didn't pay $60-70+ and there's no way it's worth that much. I got it for $29.99 during a 50% off sale because I was convinced into buying it thinking the game improved since the game time (1st free game time offer on origin for 48 hours) thing I tried but it barely changed. It's pointless for me to continue buying stuff because the 4 packs I have so far have been a temporary fix for how boring the game is because those packs got old fast.(Get Together, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day and Get to Work ) The stuff packs have items that could've helped fill out the EPS instead
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I didn't pay $60-70+ and there's no way it's worth that much. I got it for $29.99 during a 50% off sale because I was convinced into buying it thinking the game improved since the game time (1st free game time offer on origin for 48 hours) thing I tried but it barely changed. It's pointless for me to continue buying stuff because the 4 packs I have so far have been a temporary fix for how boring the game is because those packs got old fast.(Get Together, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day and Get to Work ) The stuff packs have items that could've helped fill out the EPS instead

I agree after playing the Free Trial I didn't feel excited enough to actually buy it

:disappointed:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg