Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My sim left dishes on the sidewalk and i cant clean them up help?

My sim was eating an talking by sidewalk then she dropped her bowl on sidewalk to run to the bathroom but now i cant remove dishes its off my lot on sidewalk and says there is no sink or trashcan so now dirty smelly dishes outside my house. :\

Comments

• Options
    tomchan0tomchan0 Posts: 952 Member
    Can you drag them to a different garbage can. I now that there are some public ones. Usually by the picnic areas
  • Options
    lightnin-fantasylightnin-fantasy Posts: 231 Member
    No public trashcans where i live just community garden and a few fishing spots not even any grills. I live in foundry cove.
  • Options
    Can you move them at all? Maybe just move them out of site. Some times the Sims walking by in my hood are carrying garbage bags. They are cleaning up from all the cooking that goes on in the picnic areas.

Or you might be able to just delete the item with testingcheats on.
  • Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    I would buy a trash can in buy mode for outdoors unless you are at a park. Lots don't automatically come with them anymore. You can then drag the dishes to the trash. Otherwise you can try taking them to a dirty dish inside the lot and ask them to clean dishes...even if they are at the park they will collect all dishes everywhere and try to clean them in the bathroom.

I can just pick up dishes and drag them to the trash indoors. But one time I had a Sim who left her plate outside and I couldn't pick it up until there were dirty dishes in the house, then I just had a Sim do dishes and they went outside and picked up that one too. Hope this helps.
  • Options
    It says i cant move them because theres no trashcan or sink and i dont know if theres a delete cheat for it if you know of a cheat that would be so helpful.
  • Options
    I tried outdoor trashcan but dishes are on sidewalk so off my lot so wont let me move them. And no picnic areas where i live.
  • Options
    Not sure there is one. But you can shift+ctrl+c opens the window....type in testinghceats on. It should say cheats enabled. Shift click on item and it there is a delete cheat it should say delete. Or you could try what Glimmer said. Add a garbage can.
  • Options
    Rosebud357Rosebud357 Posts: 2 New Member
    :(

This is an ongoing issue for a year and a half with no fix? That's a disgrace.

Dirty plate for months outside one of the very few large lots available. Unable to use cheats or any other resource to clean it up. Maid doesn't get it, magical dirty plate fairy ... nothing. Cannot drag it to a bin, select it in any mode, with or without cheats.

As Pink Floyd said: Is there anybody OUT there.....?
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    My sim was eating an talking by sidewalk then she dropped her bowl on sidewalk to run to the bathroom but now i cant remove dishes its off my lot on sidewalk and says there is no sink or trashcan so now dirty smelly dishes outside my house. :\

There is no fix for this at the moment. We aren't allowed to edit anything outside our lots. It may eventually go away though if you rotate and go play another Sim and save the game while playing the other Sim and then load it and go back to your original Sim's house. But that doesn't always work, either.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    SweetieTreatsSweetieTreats Posts: 2,668 Member
    You can try the cheat to set it as the Sim's head.
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    Have you tried a loading screen? My game will clean these issues up for me when I leave my sub neighborhood to go to the gym or when I go on vacation to Granite Falls. I think any loading screen will do (as long as it takes you out of your sub neighborhood).
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    You can try the cheat to set it as the Sim's head.

I was just about to suggest this. Could you set the plate as head, and bring it to the trash? Or set a trash can as head and bring it to the plate?

I agree this is a ridiculous issue, and it needs a better fix. In theory, the plates should disappear after a few days, but they never do.

(Also, Pink Floyd is the best band. Ever.)
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • Options
    CryztalizeCryztalize Posts: 18 New Member
    I found a very annoying fix! But it only works if you have the work expansion. You need to be a cop and do the patrol the streets option (if standing in front of the precinct, you can just click on the street behind you to go instead of going to the crime board. Its a faster option) while on duty. Then you have to keep going back and forth from the precinct to the patrol option until you find your neighborhood. As a cop, you can grab the item off of the street and throw it away. I suggest pausing every moment you get to make sure you have enough time to find the right neighborhood. Sadly, you do not get to pick which neighborhood you want to patrol, so it may take some time to get to the right one!
  • Options
    jessathemessajessathemessa Posts: 2,342 Member
    - If you turn on testingcheats, you can shift-click a trash can and select "set as head"
    - Then have your sim go near the plate, but in a location that you want the trash can to be (I choose a spot near the sidewalk since it will be staying there)
    - Then shift-click your sim and select "reset"

This will make the trash can drop to the ground and you will be able to have your sim clean up the plate. I do this in a lot of those common spaces that don't have trash cans.
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    - If you turn on testingcheats, you can shift-click a trash can and select "set as head"
    - Then have your sim go near the plate, but in a location that you want the trash can to be (I choose a spot near the sidewalk since it will be staying there)

This will make the trash can drop to the ground and you will be able to have your sim clean up the plate. I do this in a lot of those common spaces that don't have trash cans.

omg this is craziness lol
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    ParvatiParvati Posts: 251 Member

No it just gives your sims a giant version of the trash/dirty dishes for a head. Yes you can go inside like that and "clean up" the head copy, but the the original is still outside on the ground