Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

This game looks allot like the sims 4

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Well, played for about 5 minutes, saw no houses, got attacked by giant lightening bugs. This is not my cup of tea. Uninstalled it completely. It is Nothing like the sims.
  • Options
    BrattonMattonBrattonMatton Posts: 896 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    While it does look with photos taken afar, I can see the graphics aren't as good as 4.

If you take a look at the mountains and landscapes, they are really badly textured. And the fence textures don't blend properly :(

villa.jpg

Also, the houses probably look better because they are pre-designed, like The Sims 3 on Wii. You can add walls inside, but you cannot change the house.

Oh it doesn't look that bad.....(okay maybe)
  • Options
    thesimsfairy47thesimsfairy47 Posts: 6,116 Member
    @catmando830 gameplay is 100% different, I was only pointing out that the game has a similar art style. I was by no means suggesting that the game a whole is anything like the sims 4
    Sims 5 artstyle poll Here
    monday-to-friday-workweek-graphic.jpg
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    @fullspiral it's called Aion

Here is a link to the game's website http://na.aiononline.com/en/

Thanks. So it's basically like all the other RPGs out there where you really can't do what you can do in the sims.

Unfortunately, it is rather sad since it is such a pretty game, I'd never play since it's lacks allot of control that I would otherwise have in any sims game.

I enjoy MMORPGs in a different way than I enjoy The Sims. There is still a lot that you can do in most of them (the good ones at least). For instance, I run dungeons and do quests in FFXIV, but I also spend a lot of time fishing and cooking and leveling up other skills like carpentry so that I can eventually make furniture for my home (when I'm rich enough to buy one, they're expensive in that game! lol) Anyhow, yeah, it's just different. MMOs are mainly about fighting, leveling up, and connecting with other players. Housing is usually just an interesting little distraction.

That said, the general art style does remind me a lot of TS4. I've never played Aion, though.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    thesimsfairy47thesimsfairy47 Posts: 6,116 Member
    GabbyGirlJ wrote: »

Thanks. So it's basically like all the other RPGs out there where you really can't do what you can do in the sims.

Unfortunately, it is rather sad since it is such a pretty game, I'd never play since it's lacks allot of control that I would otherwise have in any sims game.

I enjoy MMORPGs in a different way than I enjoy The Sims. There is still a lot that you can do in most of them (the good ones at least). For instance, I run dungeons and do quests in FFXIV, but I also spend a lot of time fishing and cooking and leveling up other skills like carpentry so that I can eventually make furniture for my home (when I'm rich enough to buy one, they're expensive in that game! lol) Anyhow, yeah, it's just different. MMOs are mainly about fighting, leveling up, and connecting with other players. Housing is usually just an interesting little distraction.

That said, the general art style does remind me a lot of TS4. I've never played Aion, though.

@GabbyGirlJ I too enjoy MMORPG's, what I was talking about is that allot of free to play games have limitations unless you pay real money (which I avoid since I could end up paying more that it would cost to purchase a game) I used the sims as an example because I have access to everything included in the base game without having to pay for memberships etc.
    Sims 5 artstyle poll Here
    monday-to-friday-workweek-graphic.jpg
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited June 2016
    GabbyGirlJ wrote: »

@GabbyGirlJ I too enjoy MMORPG's, what I was talking about is that allot of free to play games have limitations unless you pay real money (which I avoid since I could end up paying more that it would cost to purchase a game) I used the sims as an example because I have access to everything included in the base game without having to pay for memberships etc.

Ah, gotcha. Yeah, I hate it when "Free to Play" games have too many things locked behind paywalls. The one I play now is a subscription game, which I don't mind in this particular case because they come out with new content regularly and the devs are really involved with the players. But, microtransactions are pretty annoying when they get out of hand.
    IHJCfa6.jpg