Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS3 Sale!

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    dw4518dw4518 Posts: 263 Member
    yes I bought all the stuff packs (even though I already had that "stuff") and now own every EP and SP except sweet treats!
  • Options
    PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    I bought Showtime, Generations, University, Diesel, Outdoor living and Town Life! B)
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    3KNPen wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    3KNPen wrote: »
    Seasons is probably my favorite as I really love the weather...but yeah it can really muck with your computer so if you already have issues running Sims 3 I probably would wait on that one. Of the others I'd probably go with Ambitions and Generations over University. To me they add much more to the game than University does. But it will come down to your play style and what you're looking for in terms of game play.

Seasons isn't even that hard on the computer. The worst are Island Paradise and Pets.

I just know that when it rains and snows in my game the game grinds to a stand still and I have to shut off rain and snow whenever I want to play Sims 3 because of it (which makes me sad as I love the seasons, I'm just glad that I can at least experience them fine when I play Sims 2). I have Pets as well so maybe it's the combination of both that's causing my game to have problems but since they already have Pets I'd suggest holding off on having both going at the same time unless you have a high end computer that can handle it.

I do not have Pets currently installed and my game runs smooth. But my graphics aren't at max either. I just don't want my game freezing from time to time and lagging like there's no tomorrow. And I mean...I have a GTX 970 which isn't exactly bad and my processor is fine for TS3 but I still get huge lag or used to.

I have a GTX 960 and run the game on ultra. Just have your animals controlled with a mod so they don't spawn all over the place
  • Options
    KartaiKartai Posts: 1,206 Member
    TreyNutz wrote: »
    Kartai wrote: »
    *cough* Stardew Valley,

Now there's a time sink! I'm afraid to start playing again.

Oh yes Stardew valley takes up your time I myself made two different saves and it still takes up my time lol.

But yes Steam is having a sale and I wished I waited to buy some games that was on sale like Tales of Zestiria and Steam just has too many games that are on sale like Cities of skyline, Hyperdimension Neptunia and many more.

but yes back on topic Steam is having a Sims 3 sale and so is Amazon.

• Options
    MadIrisMadIris Posts: 596 Member
    Since I'm trying to have as many games as possible that aren't connected to Origin I bought The TS3 base and my three favorite EPs. Now I just have to uninstall the Origin versions. Along with those I got three other games I'd been curious about...so I got 7 items for less than 30.00. Great sale.

Great idea, I was thinking about trying that, but by doing that do you have to start over? Do you have to run the base game disk to play that way?
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited July 2016
    MadIris wrote: »
    Since I'm trying to have as many games as possible that aren't connected to Origin I bought The TS3 base and my three favorite EPs. Now I just have to uninstall the Origin versions. Along with those I got three other games I'd been curious about...so I got 7 items for less than 30.00. Great sale.

Great idea, I was thinking about trying that, but by doing that do you have to start over? Do you have to run the base game disk to play that way?

Steam is a self-contained gaming platform. If one wants to switch over to playing the Steam version of these games, they would have to purchase the Steam version base game and the Steam versions of all of the EP/SPs they want to have, uninstall what they have now, clean the Windows Registry, and install the Steam (digital) versions. Discs don't enter into the picture at all, and as far as purchases go those don't count on Steam.

The other option is to purchase through Steam and use the codes provided to install new EP/SPs through Origin, but that's not what is being talked about just there.

As for starting over, if you mean saved games already in progress the way to protect those would be to move the Saves folder out of your game folder in Documents/EA Games/The Sims 3 before doing anything and put them back when finished. I don't know if the rest of the game folder (installed store and custom content, mods, saved sims, worlds, etc.) can also be preserved or if those would have to be redone. But the saves should be playable again once the player has all of the EP/SPs they had before installed the Steam way and enough content put back into place to make them as they were before.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    TiffanyLea007TiffanyLea007 Posts: 1,068 Member
    edited July 2016
    See another post about it. Delete
  • Options
    TiffanyLea007TiffanyLea007 Posts: 1,068 Member
    I picked them up just to not have origin. I like Steam much better. Love how you can gift games and buying into Early Access games. Like the soon to be Forest Village(Banished Sim Clone) Totally worth checking out.
  • Options
    marstinsonmarstinson Posts: 367 Member
    I picked them up just to not have origin. I like Steam much better. Love how you can gift games and buying into Early Access games.

That is one of my reasons for preferring Steam. I'm still wracking my brain trying to figure out how to gift Dragon Age Inquisition to my daughter. Steam doesn't sell it (because EA) and Origin has it at a great price, but doesn't allow gifting (because EA).
  • Options
    OriginalMaraOriginalMara Posts: 1,669 Member
    So I went ahead and got the base game on Steam, just so I could have Riverview. For 5 bucks, I figured it was a deal. And then I have it in case I ever move over from using my discs to wanting to play on Steam.