The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I just witnessed a toddler on TV....

emilymsimsemilymsims Posts: 398 Member
My sim was watching the action channel, the show was about a firefighter and he was saving a Sims 3 toddler from a fire...
Is this new?
Or all the new hints: bottle, bear, toddler toys ect. getting to my head?

Post edited by SimStaffTamber on

Comments

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    emilymsims wrote: »
    My sim was watching the action channel, the show was about a firefighter and he was saving a Sims 3 toddler from a fire...
    Is this new?

That video has been in the game from the beginning. I think we haven't gotten any new TV shows from TS3 videos other than the alien station in GTW> which is hilarious.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Really wow!
    How have I missed that! Me and my sims watch way to much TV!
  • Options
    Really wow!
    How have I missed that! Me and my sims watch way to much TV!

I wish my sloppy Sim would leave on the TV like they did in past games so I can watch it. lol But they turn it off in this game.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    rodneyclintrodneyclint Posts: 496 Member
    Yeah and I could have sworn there was a patch that stopped them from turning it off all the time in one of the updates but I guess I read incorrectly because mine always turn it off and there's no option to just turn it on yourself.
  • Options
    Well thanks for the insight I thought I found something huge lol!
    I always thought they made it as if toddlers did not existed in the sims 4 world! But they do if they are watching them on TV lol!
    Mom must have left them at daycare and forgot to go get them after work....for two years now :smiley:
  • Options
    Yeah and I could have sworn there was a patch that stopped them from turning it off all the time in one of the updates but I guess I read incorrectly because mine always turn it off and there's no option to just turn it on yourself.

That is something I really miss because couldn't we just click turn on before in TS3? :) and they could go do push ups and I could watch their TV.
  • Options
    tuityfruity12ajtuityfruity12aj Posts: 1,508 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Is this new?

That video has been in the game from the beginning. I think we haven't gotten any new TV shows from TS3 videos other than the alien station in GTW> which is hilarious.

:o How do you get the alien station?
  • Options
    Is this new?

Good question! How?
  • Options
    Is this new?

I can't remember either by being in the Science career or by having enough skill to use the satellite? It's been a long time since I played the science career. But it has a few shows that are realty fun to watch. It just happens or did in my game, bad memory, and I can't remember why my scientist could watch it.
  • Options
    tuityfruity12ajtuityfruity12aj Posts: 1,508 Member
    edited June 2016
    Is this new?

I can't remember either by being in the Science career or by having enough skill to use the satellite? It's been a long time since I played the science career. But it has a few shows that are realty fun to watch. It just happens or did in my game, bad memory, and I can't remember why my scientist could watch it.

I've been meaning to make one of my sims be a scientist, so I guess I'll have to try it sooner rather than later. Thanks!
  • Options
    rodneyclintrodneyclint Posts: 496 Member
    I think theres a satellite dish that's unlocked in the Scientist career that gives you that channel, but don't quote me. If you don't mind using cheats you use the bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement and set your filters for Show All and only do Get To Work and see if it pops up.
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member

I believe the patch was actually to make them actually turn the TV off because there was a glitch where they would go to turn it off but it would actually stay on. I wouldn't mind if some Sims would leave the TV on like they do with the radio so long as I at least have the ability to turn it off myself when it gets annoying or a Sim leaves it on when they go to work or bed.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    Chimp2678Chimp2678 Posts: 4,072 Member
    edited June 2016
    Oh yes, from TS3. :) There are videos of TS3 appear on the TV in TS4. There are also videos of TS2 appear on the TV in TS3.
  • Options
    Yeah- I just didn't realize that they included toddlers on them! It gives me some hope I guess...
    I'm just shocked it took me two years to see them!
  • Options
    Yeah- I just didn't realize that they included toddlers on them! It gives me some hope I guess...
    I'm just shocked it took me two years to see them!

It's a trailer video from TS3 back in the day when Ambitions was announced. I remember watching a video trailer with firemen rescuing Sims to sell the EP. Or at least I know I saw it somewhere in TS3 or a trailer. Maybe they didn't realize people would take that video as a hint about toddlers.
  • Options
    BrattonMattonBrattonMatton Posts: 896 Member
    Lol why more threads about this?
  • Options
    Ha Forever!
  • Options
    CunninghamCunningham Posts: 1,310 Member
    Is this new?

This is no hint whatsoever, the television channels are mainly gameplay from the sims 3.
    'I'm Just Another Plum Faced Irishman, Am I Not?'
    "Dr Moose's daycare challenge "
    The Sims 3 - Wishlist/Top5
    oGh7KNi.gif
  • Options
    LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    same with on the computer you of your sims when you adopt a kid. its a cruel joke :'(
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    edited June 2016
    There are toddlers in TS4. It's just that they are same size as babies and sims children learn things slower so toddlers have to stay in the crib wearing baby clothes until they are 6 and become kids.
  • Options
    Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    i can't wait until my first toddler gets taken away by social services.
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    Bagoas77 wrote: »
    Culled by the all-knowing beam of light
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    Polyrhythm wrote: »
    Bagoas77 wrote: »
    Culled by the all-knowing beam of light

I hope it is not a beam of light, I hope they come like the reaper.
  • Options
    allieb312allieb312 Posts: 305 Member
    There isn't going to be toddlers anytime soon.
  • Options
    QuiteAHappySimQuiteAHappySim Posts: 16 New Member
    I haven't tried watching the tv yet, excited to, though. I loved watching the sims 3 one.