Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Pleasantview neighborhood in the sims 4!

Wazowski_VegetaWazowski_Vegeta Posts: 35 Member
Hello everyone!

I'm fairly new and I just wanted to share a few screenshots of my recreated neighborhood from the sims 2. It all started cause a good while ago I just felt bored with my game and decided to just start a new neighborhood from scratch. I deleted houses and since I'm a huge nostalgic person I decided to rebuild Pleasantview. I essentially recreated all the families, with their houses, family trees and all, I created each sim and played them until I reached the same ages they had in the sims 2. I wanted to know also if people thought it was relevant to upload it as a download (like any other mods) but I was refraining from it because it's a save file (with no cc contect except mc commander to avoid culling). It took me a while but I pretty much rebuilt everything and I played as true to the sims 2 as I could, with a few exceptions for the sake of the story I had in my head (just a few little things I'll show eventually)

BTW: I'm currently looking for people to test my savefile, if anyone is interested let me knowby sending me PM! I'll also be uploading all the household and lots to the community soon enough :)

Anyway to start things up!
Pleasantviewisback_zpsae79rrf5.jpg

Here are some screenshots I took of the teenage years, I had fun with all the playthroughs I did and I developed more relationships between the different sims, in this pleasantview version, Nina and Dina along with all the other sims 2 adults actually met way before. I'll give a preview of them as teenagers.

Brandy, Darleen and Nina were pretty good friends, and well, as teenagers, they all pretty much knew each other from highschool years, some liked eachother, some hated eachother, but they all had some fun together from time to time. Everyone is there and more!
04-11-16_11-17-10nbspPM_zpsu8g7elqk.png
04-11-16_11-20-09nbspPM_zpsn3zknqxk.png
04-11-16_11-15-52nbspPM_zpsmwojzndj.png

Nina was especially best friend's with Darleen, even though not many liked her, Darleen saw in her someone she could always trust.
04-11-16_11-20-16nbspPM_zpsee44mefi.png
Daniel and Skip pretty much hated each other since the first time Skip landed eyes on Brandy, will explain later.
04-11-16_11-13-11nbspPM_zpsq33hc94v.png

And Don was not very good friends with the boys except with John Burb, who is the only one who didn't get as annoyed by his good looks as the others.
04-24-16_7-56-37nbspPM_zpsoao4mahj.png
Anyway, I thought it'd be fun to introduce you little by little to everyone again, and at the end I hope I'll be sharing my save with all of you so you can play with them too.

I'll start with the Broke - Pleasants prequel.

Brandy Broke and Daniel Pleasant are great childhood friends. Since they were the first two I recreated, I thought i'd be fun to play it the way I felt it was going, and they became good friends quite easily, so I let it be, and loved it.
1_zpsuz0yktws.png

They had a very close relationship, to the point of Daniel falling for her with much passion, he never quite voiced it though...of course, Mary-Sue, dispite her "I don't care attitude" secretly chased them over the years.
8_zps9dpaphqt.png

Of course Daniel's heart was crushed once Brandy fell in love with Skip.
15_zpsydotp5ig.png
17_zpswsj3og27.png

He decided to let her go cause she really was happy, although he didn't like Skip at all and did threatened him if he ever hurt her.
14_zpskroemegw.png

Eventually, Mary-Sue did had her chance with Daniel, even if they had an awkward start, they made it work. I still wonder if Daniel still loves Brandy to this day.
13_zpsdetyyoac.png
04-24-16_11-31-21nbspPM_zpsilvl9j6s.png
Either way, Brandy and Skip went on to have the family they wanted.
04-14-16_10-43-39nbspAM_zps2zl0xfcy.png
08-07-15_7-22nbspPM-2_zpstfxpabsm.png
08-08-15_9-06nbspPM_zpslnribput.png

And Daniel and Mary-Sue started their own too. The amazing Pleasant sisters, Angela and Lillith.
08-22-15_9-37nbspPM_zpsbnpayw2x.png
And we got to Daniel and Brandy's children meeting at some point too. I like to think Daniel resents the kid cause he reminds him of Skip.
08-14-15_1-59nbspPM_zpsayok66sw.png
Anyway, I'll continue the little prequels during this week (I didn't want to make this a huge post) and if people are interested in having my save, please send me a message to request it as a tester, since I haven't tested it anywhere but in my and my sister's computer! And yeah, I'm cheesy so that's why I put so much effort into remaking this with al the feels I could put into it :P

Cheers!
Post edited by Wazowski_Vegeta on

Comments

• Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    This is awesome you did a great job with these sims. I like the take on the background story. I'm wondering if Skip is going to have a pool accident in this version. Either way nice job :).
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    xXxskulls94xXxskulls94 Posts: 125 Member
    Ugh I miss the stories from Pleasantview and I looove that you did this! I can't wait to see the development of Lillith and Angela, that sounds like fun character development with the traits ability!
    23r0ccn.jpg
    u wot m8
  • Options
    emluckysunshineemluckysunshine Posts: 58 Member
    I agree!! Awesome job on the characters and story!! Curious where you take your versions next. Bookmarking this thread & will be looking for if/when you upload all of your sims to the gallery. Also wondering about Skip in your version & whether or not Daniel had anything to do with his pool "accident", if you go that route. :)
  • Options
    DivineHysteriaDivineHysteria Posts: 732 Member
    This is really cute!
    xo0yscju
  • Options
    AndiratymeAndiratyme Posts: 728 Member
    To this day I miss the Broke's and Pleasant's so very much. It's just not the sims without them. We got the Goth's, why not the Pleasant's? Nice solution to this problem!
  • Options
    Thanks for the kind comments everyone! I actually followed the story of the original and just filled in the gaps! I just added a few new sims to the whole thing that I end up loving way too much :)
  • Options
    CharlieGothCharlieGoth Posts: 192 Member
    OMG, please continue, and keep posting what happened to them! I tried at some point to recreate the families from Pleasantview, but I didn't know how to make the ages to coincide. I like what you did with the stories, and the resemblance with the original ones! Great great job. I'll be checking this thread.
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    This is awesome you did a great job with these sims. I like the take on the background story. I'm wondering if Skip is going to have a pool accident in this version. Either way nice job :).

If so the OP would need a clone of him called "Skip Broke (hidden)"
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Thanks for the kind comments everyone! I actually followed the story of the original and just filled in the gaps! I just added a few new sims to the whole thing that I end up loving way too much :)

Very nice! <3
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    brackencat31brackencat31 Posts: 318 Member
    I love this, looks fantastic, please post more.
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    Ooh! I love Pleasantview and I love this prequel! It's so fun to read about! :mrgreen:

Your recreations are great too! :)
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    Awesome. Always loved pleasantview stories
    Where are the Oldies?
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Hey Hey! I come back with more prequels!

Today I decided to follow up a bit more into the Pleasant-Oldie category.
    As many will know by now, Coral and Herb Oldie are Mary-Sue's parents, and they are one of my favorite sims ever. Out of all the families I played, I ended up enjoying them the most.

04-24-16_9-13-20nbspPM_zpszqloimtn.png

Mary Sue was adopted by the Oldies when she was a baby because Coral Oldie couldn't have children on her own, although knowing how generous she is, she didn't mind at all to adopt a child instead. She and Herb had a great family, and Mary-Sue was the luckiest kid on the block, as an only child, she received all the love from all her grandparents and parents alike, we can say she was a bit too spoiled from an early age. (It's funny to me that Brandi had the same situation but she turned out to be the exact opposite)

04-24-16_9-10-34nbspPM_zpsfxvgyek3.png

The oldies used to live in a big house with Coral's parents, but as all the older generation started dying, they decided to retire and bought a smaller house where Coral started her own garden to spend the days. She and Herb also loved fishing and having cookie time with their granddaughters.

06-18-16_4-15-49nbspPM_zpsg4hppnv3.png

09-04-15_10-52nbspAM_zpsd7zfgo1t.png

09-03-15_9-46nbspPM_zpshjn940ih.png

Coral and Herb adore her grandchildren, Lilith and Angela often spend weekends or go there after school to spend time with them, Lilith has more in common with Herb than Angela does, maybe because Herb is more aware of the whole "Angela is the favorite kid" situation and is also aware of the constant fights Mary-Sue and Daniel have.

09-03-15_9-48nbspPM_zpsydvuvdc0.png

09-04-15_10-04nbspAM_zpspoiudlz5.png

09-03-15_11-14nbspPM_zpscbuypnd3.png

Coral gives the same treatment to both her grand daughters, she loves them and she has tons of fun taking pictures of them often and puts them all over the house.

06-18-16_4-20-46nbspPM_zpsqiy5qe6v.png

Despite the fact of Coral and Herb being amazing and loving grandparents, Lilith came to realize one day what Herb Oldie really has been doing for a living all this years, he's a criminal mastermind. Herb and Lilith share that secret and it just made them bond more. We could say that just as the Pleasant like to keep apparences and unsuspecting people would think they are perfect, they have much more things hidden in the dark that one would like to know.

06-18-16_4-14-14nbspPM_zpscwj5lu8i.png

Amyway, as today, Coral and Herb still live happily surrounded by their nice garden and the visits from the granddaughters. Coral is still a bit sad sometimes that Mary-Sue is always working so hard and feels neglected by her, but as nice as she is, she won't say anything.

06-18-16_4-45-32nbspPM_zpsisagyugy.png

Herb doesn't care at this point anymore, he just has fun with his granddaughters and expects everything in the Pleasant household will get better soon enough and that he won't hear from any neighbors that Daniel is still sleeping in a tent outside because of some "bad luck".

06-18-16_4-41-35nbspPM_zpsubuckkmx.png

04-11-16_11-19-18nbspAM_zpsvgpvmgdx.png

04-11-16_11-20-21nbspAM_zpsqiux1b7t.png

He doesn't want to hear about Mary-Sue threatening other people that get too close to Daniel either, he just wants peace.

06-18-16_12-22-52nbspAM_zpsstbzbhq1.png

06-18-16_12-33-16nbspAM_zpsoup2iy4p.png

OH, and as bad luck, I meant, Daniel being caught with the maid a few times already.

06-17-16_11-50-12nbspPM_zpswvcje2jg.png

06-17-16_11-50-07nbspPM_zpsixsoyotx.png

06-17-16_11-53-31nbspPM_zpsnndhkaan.png

06-18-16_12-14-02nbspAM_zpsdnsxvwgq.png

Oh and a bit of extra fun, here is Mamie Ruggbyrne mourning herself, because why not! She's Coral's mother and she was a fun lady, always cheery and always with a drink in her hands hahah.
    09-24-15_11-05-13nbspPM_zpsf8aq1lls.png

09-11-15_11-14nbspAM_zpsrlzmuqvr.png

I hope everyone enjoyed this part and thank you all for the nice comments, you give me lots of motivation to continue hehe :D Thanks!

Post edited by Wazowski_Vegeta on
  • Options
    xmeghnaxxmeghnax Posts: 42 Member
    @Wazowski_Vegeta you have done such a wonderful job! I just want to go back to Sims 2 and start playing wondering about your story all along!
  • Options
    MicemSimsMicemSims Posts: 463 Member
    I also recreated Pleasantview in the Sims 4. :) I deleted all the households that were in the save game, so only the Pleasantview Sims were left, and I downloaded their houses that people recreated. I actually recreated all of the Sims before I thought of recreating Pleasantview. Newcrest substitutes as Pleasantview. I also set up everyone's relationship with each other and their skills as best as I could. :D I did save the save file of it and it's fresh and unplayed, and sent it to a few friends. It did take me several hours to set everything up. :D
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    This is awesome. Please continue with the story.
  • Options
    camman1995camman1995 Posts: 900 Member
    Reading this made me realize that three biggest worlds in the game mostly match the aesthetics of the trio of neighborhoods included in The Sims 2 base game.

Willow Creek - Pleasantview
    Oasis Springs - Strangetown
    Windenburg - Veronaville
  • Options
    lmusiclmusic Posts: 288 Member
    I love this! I loved all the premade Sims 2 families.
  • Options
    stehlampestehlampe Posts: 20 Member
    I <3 your idea! I still play the Sims 2 when i have time and my favorite neighborhood was always Pleasantview. I especially like the Broke and Pleasant families. If your still looking for people to test your savefile I would love to try it out. Hope you continue your great work!! :)
  • Options
    BeaEllaBeaElla Posts: 366 Member
    I absolutely love this! I really wish they would have kept more true to these stories in the games following the sims 2. I have a save with sims 2 families as well, but I've mixed all three Sims 2 neighbourhoods. I played the Monty's and Capp's as a prequal as well :) In my version Mercutio married Meadow Thayer and the Thayer-Monty's have turned out to be the greatest family to play :D
    My chaotic simblr
  • Options
    @camman1995 I know! I totally am making my own strangetown soon!

@BeaElla I would love to see some cool screenshots of that, or more details!

Thanks everyone for the awesome comments :D Will update soon!
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I just found this today, and wanted to let you know that I loved what you have written so far. I'm book marking this to catch any updates you add. At the moment I'm bouncing between TS2 and TS4, so it's pretty cool reading a TS2 story in a TS4 game. At the moment in my own game,(TS2) I'm getting all the families in the bin back into homes (not the repeating families though).
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
    Awesome project. Looking forward to the next update. :)
  • Options
    Chimp2678Chimp2678 Posts: 4,072 Member
    Yes, I always played that town in TS2 and often played Brokes and Goths. :) What a memory as well. :)
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    THIS IS AMAZING.

I still play TS2 Pleasantview from time to time. As a matter of fact, I just played it a few nights ago. I cycle through each family for 3 days, and all the newborns at the start are now teens who are starting to date each other.

This really makes me wish that they would someday write a sequel to TS2's timeline. We never did find out if Bella made it back home. It's been 12 years. :'(
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?