Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

so i'm back to TS3 ...

Comments

• Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    Never really liked the look of Roaring Heights until now. Need to consider buying it

hehe :wink:

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Options
    alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    Veaum wrote: »
    Never really liked the look of Roaring Heights until now. Need to consider buying it

Do it! You won't regret it. :)
  • Options
    DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    Lol I'm actually in the process of wanting to find a new world so I can create a new family. Thanks for mentioning Roaring Heights as I just might go there. I love the roaring twenties theme they offer including the art deco and the only world that included lots on stilted foundations!
  • Options
    back from TS4 again :smiley:

• Options
    edited June 2016
    short introduction of Family Bohne
    mother Claire Bohne with two boys, Timothy & Burkhardt

Timothy had a short & surprisingly unpleasant encounter with Devon Dora,
    they are both adventurous, this will be a nice relationship in the future i think
    2uzf8qx.jpg

in the meantime Burkhardt presided over the royal court at the local diner Automat which was lucky since he soon got hungry
    s4ynvb.jpg

the end of the first day in their new home
    20fvtwn.jpg

Post edited by Rukola_Schaaf on
  • Options
    Melody Nuance, an adventurous adventuress

on the same day after Melody landed in Roaring Heights she wanted already to travel to Shang Sim La
    she learned there the first moves of SimFu & was back few days later again in RH, ...
    16m66h0.jpg
    2sd3t.jpg

... just to have her little adventure at home too
    right in time when the police officer was entangled in a fight with the burglar, some aliens decided to pay Melody a visit :lol:
    in the end aliens didn't abduct Melody & the police officer didn't catch the thief
    mjv53k.jpg
    rucow5.jpg
    s6he03.jpg
    2hfnlzc.jpg
    jpyhdz.jpg
    28cf4mu.jpg

• Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Fantastic screenshots!! I've always liked Roaring Heights but wasn't sure what to do with it. I can't wait to get back to my TS3 game, just having to reinstall all of my content so that it sticks this time. This thread is making me miss it. :sweat:
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @Rukola_Schaaf Thanks for sharing some awesome pictures from Roaring Heights :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    the evil mother & her criminal sons

Roaring Heights is in need of some murky sims to stir it up
    & so the family Cuellar is introduced

an evil mother, Ma Carla with her five criminal sons, one more evil than the other
    we have here from right to left
    Jarrett, the handy cracksman, who likes to tinker in his spare time on a getaway car
    August, is the youngest & an excelent extortionist
    Fausto, the smooth marriage swindler
    Trevor, a hefty thief
    & Friede, the genius in the family
    2qle8mu.jpg

chaos is their daily life since the mother prefers at night times to spy on their neighbors while dreaming about a life in luxury & at daytime to ice skate with her favourite son, who loves to take long romantic walks in the darkness of a night
    2d12su1.jpg
    k37u36.jpg
    16la8h5.jpg
    5od2f7.jpg
    zj7wpl.jpg

the eldest is not only evil but also genius, unfortunately his genius comes at a cost, that of pure raging insanity
    which is only agreviated by his neurotic resonance to full moon, making him at times a danger to everybody at home
    2w4f9kh.jpg

the youngest is a mooch, he's even as able as to get a tasty lunch out of a homeless guy
    20l4ee.jpg

so they all are just a bad bad seed
    four are already busy in a criminal career, the thief prefers to train his body first as an athlet
    m9ae5x.jpg

Post edited by Rukola_Schaaf on
  • Options
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    the brave cops

another short introduction of a couple in the law enforcement career
    Rosalind & Wigbald Thorn
    they live in a renovated apartment house
    k0oj93.jpg
    2egbh37.jpg
    2m5b9s8.jpg
    2nuuhy1.jpg
    ke9shi.jpg
    2cgewo.jpg
    24cbqqf.jpg

28mpts3.jpg

• Options
    silverfawn20silverfawn20 Posts: 172 Member
    Sadly I'm just not enjoying TS4 anymore. It just seems lacking.....Which is such a shame as it is such a beautiful game and is wonderful for building and creating sims, but for me the game play is just not there. I've stuck it out thus far in hopes that it would be updated but we seem to just be waiting and waiting for something that isn't going to happen. So I'm taking a break and heading back to TS3 which never failed to captivate me. I'll just have to put up with the inferior graphics, glitches and lower user friendliness!
  • Options
    mrnhmathmrnhmath Posts: 750 Member
    Although sims 4 is full of pesky glitches too...
  • Options
    Forest_NinjaForest_Ninja Posts: 1,181 Member
    I've noticed that the 'failures' are a bit too persistent and are conveniently always what is required to negate any effort to renew interest the product. I suppose there isn't really any reason for us to care since there is no longer a community. :/
    "Video gaming began as an engineer's hobby and a means of creative expression for those of higher technical inclination. It is expected that those who are capable of higher engineering-related achievements will see value, in electronic entertainment products, where others see failure." -Sasquatch
  • Options
    Yes there are a few but not half as many as TS3!
  • Options
    Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    they do seem to be going out of their way to kill the community and the franchise.
  • Options
    snurflessnurfles Posts: 3,640 Member
    Inferior graphics in Sims 3? Really? The graphics in Sims 4 aren't bad but they are very cartoonish to me. I think the Sims 3 worlds are breathtaking.

Well, I guess to each their own. We all have different taste. :)
  • Options
    I've noticed that the 'failures' are a bit too persistent and are conveniently always what is required to negate any effort to renew interest the product. I suppose there isn't really any reason for us to care since there is no longer a community. :/

Yes, unfortunately Dine Out sealed the deal for me. It could have been wonderful, but the game appears to be full of restrictions that limit the possibilities and result in something that becomes highly repetitive and quickly quite boring. I've really have tried to love TS4, I've been playing The Sims Franchise from the very start and have always welcomed each new game with open arms but this one has been so very dissapointing. :(
  • Options
    snurfles wrote: »
    Inferior graphics in Sims 3? Really? The graphics in Sims 4 aren't bad but they are very cartoonish to me. I think the Sims 3 worlds are breathtaking.

Well, I guess to each their own. We all have different taste. :)

Oh yes, don't get me wrong, I agree with you there. The worlds are absolutey beautiful in TS3 and I think that's what I'm missing, the open world and exploration aspect. I meant, TS4 can afford to be a bit more detailed and 'movie like' so to speak, as it doesn't have to render a huge neighbourhood.
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    @silverfawn20 I'm currently in the process of going back to TS3 as well. I love TS4 and I think the Sims are very charming and I enjoy playing the game very much, but I've just been playing the same family over and over for two years waiting for improvements to family play and aging (namely toddlers, but shorter teens and object babies are a big issue for me as well). It just makes me very frustrated when I see the potential but I can't play the way I want to. I'm going to get the new Kids SP and I'll check on what the next packs are, and hopefully my gameplay will make a return.
  • Options
    Simanite wrote: »
    @silverfawn20 I'm currently in the process of going back to TS3 as well. I love TS4 and I think the Sims are very charming and I enjoy playing the game very much, but I've just been playing the same family over and over for two years waiting for improvements to family play and aging (namely toddlers, but shorter teens and object babies are a big issue for me as well). It just makes me very frustrated when I see the potential but I can't play the way I want to. I'm going to get the new Kids SP and I'll check on what the next packs are, and hopefully my gameplay will make a return.

I agree, family play has always been important to me along with exploration. I miss toddlers so much and teenagers in TS4 are just skinny adults with no other depth to them! Plus the family tree thing is highly annoying. I used to make in depth legacy families in TS3 but the fun seems to have been taken out of that in this game. I will no doubt come back to TS4 at some point. I will keep checking in to see what/if anything is being added.
  • Options
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Welcome back. Rest assured you are far from alone. Many of us prefer it here and actually find it lovelier than Sims 4. It looks much more realistic and trees are 3 d - a bonus after living with paper mache' Sims 4 - 2 D trees. It is nice to take a large family strolling on a sandy beach - where you can see at a quick glance your sims kids ages. Even baby can come along. Don't worry grammy and poppa recognize they are grammy and poppa and will help chase your toddlers for you while your "unquestionable" in age teen ager might even step in and push the newborns stroller for you - and you and hubby can take a quick stroll over to the sno-cone machine or even cuddle on the boardwalk benches and watch your family in pride and joy. Oh look your child age twins are wading into the ocean while talking with the local Mer - king. No worries - he loves children and is probably giving them water safety advice. Also watching is Jimmy the life guard - he waves to the kids. His eyes drifting over the water - ever mindful to watch the boaters as well as the shadows that may lurk beneath their boats. Not likely the Kracken will make his frightening appearance in the middle of the day - but one never knows.....

Well that is the scene I left playing on my pc last night - before I quit gaming for the evening. Quite pleasant and not the least bit stressfull or making me wish I had shorter teens, or had toddlers, or that my infants could join the family on a daily stroll to the ocean. Best of all my game does not vanquish grandpa and grandma( from the family tree, or kill them because they are chasing the toddlers from some weird exhaustion death) - they even know who they are and really seem to love their grandkids. After all family and family fun is important to many of us simmers - even if Maxis doesn't think it matters or not.

Happy Simming. I know I am.... Oh and if your family does tire from the activity well you can always click the family van to appear to take everybody home in a sweet scenic ride back home.

If at all I was doubting my return, you certainly just laid those doubts to rest with your comment! Thankyou for the huge smile you just put on my face!
  • Options
    Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited June 2016
    I am hoping the game gets some more lots because me I am too afraid to build on any lot because of the limitation of the lots themselves. A true Sims game will not even truly be a Sims game as long as the game is being limited in some way. The smaller neighborhoods suck and restaurants without a place to build them. I wish I knew modding so I could at least hack the worlds so that we can put duplicat of the same worlds in the game. Please Maxis give us a way to create what we want in this game.

The Sims 3 was really not full of glitches, it was the platform the sims 3 was built on. The Sims 3 seen the transition of 5 OS from Microsoft. Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, too Windows 8 and than 8.1, and the end of its development a new OS Windows 10. What about Windows 9, this was never published to prevent confusion in older software programs by lazy programmers that referred Windows 95 and 98 by name instead of version which was version of windows 3.1 or 3.1.1195 or or version 3.1.1198. The core of Windows 95 and 98 was the 3.1 or 3.11 original windows operating system with newer shells that transformed it to what we think of desktops and windows today. Version number 4.0 was reserved for the new core called NT which used the new file system NTFS, this is what the current versions of windows are based on. Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7, Windows 8 with Windows 10 are all still NTFS and are still considered a variety of Windows 4.0 or NT. The version number will read something like this windows 8 would read like this windows NT 4.0.80000, Windows 8.1, 4.0.8.111111.

Another problem that plagued The Sims 3 is the physical computer changed its layout of memery from time to time. The operating system 32bit max limit was reached by these new operating systems running 32 bit OS on chips that could run 64 bit OS and the memory limit was 3 GB.

The Sims 3 would have had better results on all systems if it was built on a 64 bit core.

Edit: Sorry about the long post I just know computers to well to know what affects certain changes can change programs. As long as the operating system still uses the same core or kernel in unix and Linux the Games will run in any OS based on them. Change the kernel or core and you get a bunch of errors.

Edit 2: Non of the version numbers I mentioned are accurate version numbers and was meant as examples to prove how this could happen.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    It's nice to take a break now and then. I have spent a few months in Star Wars the Old Republic, playing with the guildies but now I am back the Sims. Hmm, for me it's seldom the game that suddenly is bad, it's just nice to have a change of scenery.